PDA

View Full Version : what affects....

extract
14-09-03, 16:38
combat ranks on PPU and why are they so much higher than APUs. Im forever trying to figure out how to gimp myself so that I can actually go lvl again, I lommed some PPU into PPW one time....that was a big fucking mistake...I shot up to 3 stars like 83 or so, so then i decided to gimp my mana pool and got back down to 73, does psi use affect combat rank at all, or is it just the fact that all my buffs aside from my holy para are capped? Im just curious because the only thing Ive got left to cap is INT and it gains slow enough as it is, but to not hardly be able to lvl with anyone sucks I did 3 cave runs the other day..not only did i not get ANY money but i got like 10k XP total, its utter bullshit i tell ya

Kasumi
14-09-03, 16:40
From what i have heard.. you rank is determined by the qualty of your comabt items.. you know heals.. the about of PPU you have as well and how many slots the item has.. so a 5 slot Holy Catharsis Sanctum with 200+ PPU would probably give umm 80 rank? =P not sure lol i am not even sure if that is corret i might be wrong.. just use lower items.. like a blessed heal instead of a holy or or go buy get a storebought holy heal :)

extract
14-09-03, 16:51
Originally posted by Kasumi
From what i have heard.. you rank is determined by the qualty of your comabt items.. you know heals.. the about of PPU you have as well and how many slots the item has.. so a 5 slot Holy Catharsis Sanctum with 200+ PPU would probably give umm 80 rank? =P not sure lol i am not even sure if that is corret i might be wrong.. just use lower items.. like a blessed heal instead of a holy or or go buy get a storebought holy heal :)

so basically an APU can have his belt full of rares and be sittin nice but I got to use shitty spells just to be sitting lvl with him....that sounds pretty shitty

LTA
14-09-03, 17:01
Prolly to do with the rank being more PPW based then

Ppus have way more mana than most apus ever get near to, that and half the belt is lined with multislotted shelters/defs and then rares to.

extract
14-09-03, 17:11
Originally posted by LTA
Prolly to do with the rank being more PPW based then

Ppus have way more mana than most apus ever get near to, that and half the belt is lined with multislotted shelters/defs and then rares to.

yea well actually my PPU was APU til a few weeks ago and Ive only got enuf mana to use holy cath sanctum so my pool is actually REALLY gimped compared to most PPUs i have got a fuckload of PPU tho so maybe thats why...Im sure Ill figure it out one day but atm all my non rare heals and shelter/def are all 5 slotted, and I tried to see if that was the problem, but its not Ive got some old 2 slotters and they didnt make any difference, I definitely think its mostly skill related....but to find out how exactly, is the problem

Sleawer
14-09-03, 17:12
Yes, it seems related to the combat modules, apu or ppu, and the ppw subskill.

The best I managed with my apu in the recent rank changes has been 80/67***. This is with a lot of ppw.

With the new patch however, we apu's will experiment a significant raise of our combat rank, due the possibility to have more ppw.

With my setup in retail I have 67/67**
With the same setup in test server I have 78/67*** (more in the line of my ppu buddy)

extract
14-09-03, 17:19
could it also be due to the PPU/APU bonus on PA...I did notice ranks only shot up that high with the addition of monk PA....maybe Ill take the PA off when I lvl and see if that helps(when my account gets reactivated that is =/)

Eledhbrant
14-09-03, 21:54
I do know that more PPW will drive up your combat rank a lot...

I have a pool a little bigger than is necessary to cast Cath Sanctum and I'm at 73/63... so if I gave myself more ppw I could probably hit 3 stars.

I don't have any trouble getting exp from teammates since I usually level (or am forced to level) with only APU's who have the best chance of being green to my combat rank, they get 60+ which works fine.