PDA

View Full Version : [EVENT IDEA] GM Fight Night

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 12:23
I had this idea not long again and actually had it almost ready to set a date. but then something happened and i canceled it all. but now. its back

Basically. this is a Fight Night for GMs. were we will have a couple of GMs slapping each other silly. the will be betting on this fight taken a week in advanced. and a video will be made and released of the fights so that winning can be sorted. there will also if a GM accepts be a chance to have a group of runners Vs a GM. however. due to restrictions implaced. only those runner who will fight will be allowed to watch on the night. (this may change if i can think of a way round it)

an APP will be open for a full week before the event as a betting office. please post your comments/suggestions below and leave OT descussion on another thread. thankyou.

Shujin
14-09-03, 12:24
i bet lupus would pwn

and mercuri would use teh sexeh model and distract lupus and then we'd all die from some bug

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 12:26
lupus wont be attending

Kasumi
14-09-03, 12:28
Sounds like it would be fun :) and what do you mean by restrictions? Kramers fight night has everyonet hat wants to see it come.. and i see no troubles.,. why woul there be troubles with a GM Fight night? sorry if i am missing something -_-*

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 12:29
Its restriction emplaced on the GMs and how and were there allowed to fight,

Kasumi
14-09-03, 12:33
Hold it in neofrag.. everyone can attend that wants too.. I know that the only restrictions placed apone GMs is that arent allowed to PvP.. unless the runner give sthe ok to fight him O_O but you know more than me probablu lol -_-*

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 12:41
We thought about NF cos GMs have free reign there.. then we noticed one problem... player resitrictions. theres a limited number of spaces allowed.

Kasumi
14-09-03, 12:49
hehe i see well that sucks.. well wouldnt the GMs get permission to have "free reign" in a designated spot for the event..? i dont mean as in free reign that can kill whorever.. just for the fights ;)

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 12:55
Thats what im trying to sort. soon as snowcrash is back all talk to him see what i can do. theres also the worry that if we hold it in public. we will get the wrong croud. so im going to talk to PIMP about getting secuity. and perhaps hold it in the same locations as FN.

Ren
14-09-03, 13:08
there wouldnt be a problem with the GM's fighting each other, PvP is disallowed against the general public as there chars have lower stats and would die in mere seconds.

As PvP is allowed with authorisation from both parties (both gms) then they can fight all day long.

but be afriad, i've seen Nid take out an entire clan when they asked for it.

REMUS
14-09-03, 14:46
well i doubt it would happen, and besides gm's can just flick the switch and have gawd mode on mid match :(

J. Folsom
14-09-03, 14:52
Originally posted by Ren
there wouldnt be a problem with the GM's fighting each other, PvP is disallowed against the general public as there chars have lower stats and would die in mere seconds. I know of runners who've managed to kill GMs in one on one battles, despite the fact that GMs have the full range of stuff people feel as being too uber when used by a skilled PPU or a skilled tank. ;P

Besides, it's always fun to see people try, and it'd be cool to get a GM dog tag ;)

BlackDove
14-09-03, 14:53
GM vs. GM...well not a bad idea, but when I saw the title I was hoping hivemind was gonna get some more 127/127 tags :p

enablerbr
14-09-03, 15:01
lol how can you have a GM v's GM fight night. surely GOD MODE would make the fights go on and on and on ........................ or is the winner a member of the audience whose left watching and not a sleep.:D

hnlecter
14-09-03, 16:50
Then the GMS can cast anti FRE and Holy Anti Synching it will make the fight last a long time and be interesting, oh wait you guys don't know about those spells?

Ren
14-09-03, 17:09
Originally posted by enablerbr
lol how can you have a GM v's GM fight night. surely GOD MODE would make the fights go on and on and on ........................ or is the winner a member of the audience whose left watching and not a sleep.:D

well obv they wouldnt use Godmode, or invisible or noclip or any weapons that are any good, as you'll just nick the quick belt the second it drops.

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 17:11
You'd just get Runners moaning they couldn't join in.

Trust me, _someone_ would find _something_ to whinge about.

Ren
14-09-03, 17:12
[Removed for violation of forum rules - trolling Helen]
--
Gungnir

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 20:11
Thats why i said limitations. QBs and such.

the rules at the fights will be :

1, No Godmod

2, No noclip

3, No Invis

4, must use weapons only available to the class there playing.

And of the runners who will fight the GMs if they die. ill be teamed so ill take QB and give to them. GMs will also be given a list with all names of people there at the time. if anything goes missing the GMs will know who too look at.

Also certain people wont be allowed to the event. but can still place bets.

Any more idea please post below.

Rizzy
14-09-03, 20:25
GM vs GM fights would be cool, like a little tournament :) Id go to watch even if it was just to place bets and spectate.

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 20:25
there will also if a GM accepts be a chance to have a group of runners Vs a GM. however. due to restrictions implaced.

last time they did that it was "tanks only"

*sigh*

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 20:37
Well this time . if you think ure upto the challange u can fight no matter your class. and sod what the GMs say. we can all stand pointing at them calling them sissys if they dont wana fight spies/PEs/Monks :P

anyhow. keep posting and ill keep recuiting GMs

Psycho_Soldier
14-09-03, 20:41
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
You'd just get Runners moaning they couldn't join in.

Trust me, _someone_ would find _something_ to whinge about.

[Removed for violation of forum rules - trolling Helen]
--
Gungnir

I think this would be a good event, would get to see what GMs know how to fight well if any.

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 21:11
Well so far carbs the favourite. hes already planning to fight 2v1

Yashila
14-09-03, 23:07
I think this could be fun. :-) Sounds good. I've already thought about something like this, so I guess Syntax and I can work together on this.

Good night and bye bye.

Yashila[PR]

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 23:31
Originally posted by KidWithStick
last time they did that it was "tanks only"

*sigh*

...and you had some ego-maniac completely ignore that and, as a Psi-Monk, proceeded to tarnish what would have been an otherwise rational event.

Worse still, said ego-maniac bragged about it on the forums afterwards but had the audacity to whinge when people flamed about him about this.

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 23:41
Helen i love you and all BUT STOP HIJAKING MY GOD DAMN THREAD DAMNIT

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 23:46
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Helen i love you and all BUT STOP HIJAKING MY GOD DAMN THREAD DAMNIT

Hey, shout at Kid for bringing up the subject.

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 23:49
ok thats it

*bangs helens and kids head's together*

now lets get back on topic shall we

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 04:59
MJS i know ure there. if you read this. we want u there aswell to fight, Carbonite has offically challanged you.. also read ure PMs i need to talk with you :D

[ Didn't I warn you about double posting? - Gungnir ]

look at the fucking time diffrence i was posting new stuff and the edit time had run out. ffs.