PDA

View Full Version : Idea Mankind gave me ;] from the "I wish, that, I knew what I know now" thread

Shujin
14-09-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Shujin
if i knew more bout the rpos i prolly would try to change it , but i duno shite bout it o.0

well it turns out i have just proven myself wrong.. ( not the first time )

for those not knowin wtf im talkin bout, there was a thread that show'd pics of rpos from back in beta 2, well mankind said it'd b kewl if someone from modifaction forum made a rpos change, well i said i would if i knew how, well i figured out how and jus showin u ppls ;[ but its been damn 15 mins and no one said anything yet ;|

heh took me about 5 mins to figure it out. does anyone think i should make a full scale rpos look? i just made a small edit to my sector map in this screen shot.

http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/2/sector.jpg

as u can see, i did a very small edit, just changed the plain flat color into a textured and shaded area which i think looks nicer ;P

but i can also see i messed up on the lower right half, i put it back together out of place

if u want me to upload the bmp files themselves for u to test it on ur nc tell me ill b happy to ;] and plz post a screenie of it on urs so i can see what it looks like in ur setup / color scheme

Ste-X
14-09-03, 12:13
explain

Shujin
14-09-03, 12:15
*sigh

mankind said it would b kewl if someone could make a rpos mod. ( modification / change )

so i said i would if i could, turns out i can.

so i was wonderin what people thought, and if ppl wanna try this small change on there nc so i can see what it looks like on their custom color scheme etc

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 12:18
sounds cool, but i like more plain colours on an RPOS so i take more notice to whats going on than the rpos

Shujin
14-09-03, 12:19
and like i said this is a small edit just to see if i could even do it
maybe this is more clear to you...

first one is before
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/2/before.jpg and 2nd one is after
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/2/after.jpg

Kasumi
14-09-03, 12:19
Hehe makeing an RPOS modification wouldnt be that great.. unless you go back to the old one.. there isnt much to edit... best you could doo is add something like you did.. or add new borders i think the RPOS as it is.. is just fine :) anyways have fun whatever you do ^__^

Edit: Out of curiosity what application do you use to edit your stuff? Photoshop? Paintshop pro? painter? <-= not MS Paint :)

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 12:22
now i like the silver one, good work

Shujin
14-09-03, 12:23
Originally posted by PsiCorps
now i like the silver one, good work

it looks different whatever ur colorscheme is, if u got gray / white colorscheme it looks like that, if u got a red scheme it looks like mine up at first post

screw this though to annoying, and ur right anyway i cant even do anythin other than jus texturize / shade shit

leethasbro
14-09-03, 12:45
Being able to entirely change the skins would be wicked. I would love to have the low/hi tech look from fallout on mine. All vacuum tubes and knobs.

Kasumi
14-09-03, 12:46
hehe leethasbro with a little work it might be sort of possible not sure though.. :) i would have ot look into it lol unfortunately i dunt have fallout i cant see what you mean -_-*

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 13:51
ahhh, wanna gimmie the info in how to do it?

Kasumi
14-09-03, 14:51
You download an apt that lets you extra the files for the RPOS than you open them in your favorite graphics app.. and you go at it :) but its no easy to edit them.. atleast certain edits.. i am trying something very hard atm lol and its nto coming out right -_-* but i will keep working on it. if you dont have any knowledge on how to use graphics apps.. like Photoshop.. Painter.. Paintshoppro.. and the lower type gfx programs.. than you migth have a hard time ;)

goto these sites to get the app to extra the RPOS files..

http://www.geocities.com/d_evils_thrill/
http://www.geocities.com/devils_thrill_mirror/

Shujin
14-09-03, 21:33
yea u use that devils thrill proggy to uncrompress the gfx, they are in the gfx/rpos folder, make sure u put them in some other folder like rposediting/
and go ahead and uncompress all of them into there.

if u change them u gotta make sure u compress em back, some reason the rpos wont accept them uncompressed like skins will.

also there are some of the rpos things in the gfx.pak, and u gotta use this pak tool to extract them. and to use them u just put them in the gfx/rpos folder

ps. what i did is just highlight the plain area, do render -> cloud, and then the lil block effect ( cant remember its name ). its pretty simple ;P like i said was just see'in if i could

leethasbro
14-09-03, 22:29
I guess now is as good a time to ask as any.

Devs, is what we're doing here ok?

Shujin
14-09-03, 22:31
Originally posted by leethasbro
I guess now is as good a time to ask as any.

Devs, is what we're doing here ok? well i dont see any way to exploit this o.0

u can make certain rpos parts invisible but how teh hell is that gonna help u , thats like makin the rposcolor invisible, its just able to b seen.

and it can b considered a neocron modification in terms of the mod forum cant it?

Barar
14-09-03, 22:45
Can you change the rpos colour and the crosshair independantly ?

Shujin
14-09-03, 23:22
Originally posted by Barar
Can you change the rpos colour and the crosshair independantly ?

u can change the color in rposcolor.ini in \Neocron\ini

u cant change the crosshair, but u can change crosshair in the gfx, but prolly cant edit it much

mdares
15-09-03, 00:48
ooo tell me how to change the crosshair in gfx... i want to give it a more "solid" texture so no matter wut color i use it wont get lost in the environment...

Shujin
15-09-03, 00:52
Originally posted by mdares
ooo tell me how to change the crosshair in gfx... i want to give it a more "solid" texture so no matter wut color i use it wont get lost in the environment... well not sure if it'd b considered a exploit, really dont think it would be thought because its true the crosshair gets lost way to much.

its in the gfx.pak forgot the name of the .bmp its in tho