PDA

View Full Version : *** BRAINPORT THREAD *** Anti-Ressurection spell for APUs!

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 11:18
I love this idea, :p. Have you ever been to an op fight where you kill an important apu or PPU and another ppu tries desperately to res them? And you spend so much time trying to kill the ppu or the person being resed? And by mistake, or luck, or whatever, finally the ppu manages to res the person and heal/shelter them?

WELL FRET NO MORE! :lol: Instead of nerfing the PEE PEE YOO's ability to ressurect, give the APU a spell that is just as long as ressurect, takes a bit more mana, and forces the person to GR to their apt. I like the fact that apus are like anti-ppus. I think this would enhance their support role as well.

I was gonna call this spell Corpse Explosion, but then I would die a horrible flaming death at the hands of anti-diablo forum goers. :p

Like the idea? RATE THIS THREAD!

Rizzy
14-09-03, 11:26
I dont like it, I think it would get into the hands of lamers who would send people to their apt in the chaos caves or something :p

Also I think apus have a large enough role as it is.

ezza
14-09-03, 11:27
idont like it, if you want to stop the resurection kill the PPU:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 11:28
Originally posted by Rizzy
I dont like it, I think it would get into the hands of lamers who would send people to their apt in the chaos caves or something :p

lol

Um, how about making anti-res the same as "killing" someone. So if you do it it counts as hostile aciton and you can lose SL if the person is not enemy or if it's hunting ground.

Also I think apus have a large enough role as it is.

BAH

Originally posted by ezza
idont like it, if you want to stop the resurection kill the PPU:rolleyes:

omg I never thought of that!

Rizzy
14-09-03, 11:30
Well with apus being the only class able to remove sheilds and having the primary offense fuction in op wars (killing the ppus) I just don't think it is needed for them :p

ezza
14-09-03, 11:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

omg I never thought of that!

REALLY!!!:eek: being the ultimate PPU slayer i would of though you could stop every ressurection in the same zone as you:rolleyes:

Rade
14-09-03, 11:33
uh no thanks, not more "it takes a monk to kill a monk", give it to spies or something instead. or pistol PEs *tease*

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 11:37
Originally posted by ezza
REALLY!!!:eek: being the ultimate PPU slayer i would of though you could stop every ressurection in the same zone as you:rolleyes:

rofl

Touche :p

Originally posted by Rade
uh no thanks, not more "it takes a monk to kill a monk", give it to spies or something instead. or pistol PEs *tease*

Bah I knew this thread would fail. Stupid PPus and their imbalance, apus are never gonna get any new toys. :rolleyes:

hose187
14-09-03, 13:00
Monks are the only class that you always need in a fight. I agree that it shouldn't be an APU spell. I'd like the other classes be needed as well.

Kasumi
14-09-03, 13:10
Originally posted by Rade

Rade why is it you always say PEs are jack of all trades but you always request thngs specifically for them? You say PEs dont need there own PA because the jack of all trades and dont need there own stuff.. but you ask for things for htem? O_o

icarium
14-09-03, 13:29
Originally posted by Kasumi
Rade why is it you always say PEs are jack of all trades but you always request thngs specifically for them? You say PEs dont need there own PA because the jack of all trades and dont need there own stuff.. but you ask for things for htem? O_o

he was joking, relaaaaaaax, you are feeeling sleeeeeepy :rolleyes:

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 13:59
how about it just cancels the ppus res? so theyve wasted alot of mana?

REMUS
14-09-03, 14:04
hmmm maybe a spell that cancels resserect like anti-heal and anti sheild.

i wouldnt have a proberlem with that becuase if the ppu has support the apu should be battered off pretty soon, maybe the anti rezz spell should have a higher mana cost alot too but have a quicker cast time than reserect.

good idea shadow, Ferk TeH nUB PPuZ ;)

EDIT: FFS psicorps lol

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 14:07
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA R HAVE TEH TYPOR SKILLZ()RZ

Tupac
14-09-03, 15:40
Sounds awesome shads!:D

Kasumi
14-09-03, 15:45
PSI's have enough stuff as it is.. they dont need anymore stuff filling up the rare pool.. and why is it PSI's ask for more but they have more spells and weapons than most classes do combined?

Edit:1 star..

Psyco Groupie
14-09-03, 15:46
will people stop posting shit ideas with 'brainport idea' .. go post in the brainport with the other dreamers

Kasumi
14-09-03, 15:48
@ Psyco Groupie People are allowed to put Brainpot threads here they are moved in a couple days.. it allows the community to discuss idea.. :)

SigmaDraconis
14-09-03, 15:54
A BETTER IDEA!!!!!! Delete monks period...one of KK's worst thought out ideas

I take that back..its almost as if they DIDNT think them out..just putting them in hoping they dont totally fuck up the game mechanics and balance..which they have o.0

Kasumi
14-09-03, 15:55
I cant believe i am agreeing with sigma -_-* but yes they do unbalance alot of things.. which of course they do..

extract
14-09-03, 16:09
nothing says "hey PPU stop rezzing" better than an apu sittin there with a holy antibuff that casts 3 times faster than rezz

t0tt3
14-09-03, 16:34
Shad I like it alot... we APU:s need a role in OP wars...

PPU got more spells then the APU!

APU got hmm HL,PB,Antibuff "which takes your whole pool and makes you useless!!!" so yes we need some more spells :p

PPU hmm 8 - 10 spells that are useful or what? gice the APU some love :D

hnlecter
14-09-03, 16:47
Well I don't know about sending to the GR but maybe a timed spell you cast on a courpse which prevents ressing for 10-15 seconds and it should cast double the speed of a res. You may think 10-15 seconds isn't very much but in an op war you don't have much time to just sit there and wait.

Balthasar
14-09-03, 16:54
I love the idea. This will be a good way to either get rid of fighting an enemy ever and ever again at the same location. Also this lame logging out and waiting for a rezzer later on will be prevented same as spying of dead people at the OP. If you got killed you didn't do well enough - so do better next time.

Note that the APU will be heavily vulnerable while casting the spell. Don't imagine someone running around and sending people back to their apts ... but sounds funny anyway :p

extract
14-09-03, 16:54
another thing, which makes the idea seem a little more unneeded, when a person is rezzed they have like 35% of theyre health and NO BUFFS, and if theyre not in a warzone they also might not have a peice of armor,gun,spell, and when I was APU I always seemed to drop my fucking gauntlet(which totally sucks cause then your really screwed) so instead of some anti-rezz spell why not just kill the fucker again surely if youre there fighting in the first place youre gonna have a weapon that does significant dmg and it shouldnt be too hard to kill ANY class with half-life and no buffs should it

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 18:37
Originally posted by Kasumi
PSI's have enough stuff as it is.. they dont need anymore stuff filling up the rare pool.. and why is it PSI's ask for more but they have more spells and weapons than most classes do combined?

Edit:1 star..

APUs don't. Remember apus and ppus may be monks but they are 2 different classes night as day. Apus just attack, that's it like any other class. Our only "toy" is the anti spells. That's like saying spies have enough toys.

Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
A BETTER IDEA!!!!!! Delete monks period...one of KK's worst thought out ideas

I take that back..its almost as if they DIDNT think them out..just putting them in hoping they dont totally fuck up the game mechanics and balance..which they have o.0

Only the ppu is greatly imbalanced. Imagine op wars without ppu. You wouldn't NEED an apu, because there's no ppu to debuff. And apus would die fairly quickly.

Rizzy
14-09-03, 18:40
this idea wouldnt nerf a ppu though, it would nerf the classes that die easier in op wars as they will effectively only have one life.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 18:44
this idea wouldnt nerf a ppu though, it would nerf the classes that die easier in op wars as they will effectively only have one life.

That's really stretching it Rizzy. That's like saying boosting the lib will nerf apus because of their weakness to force.

Rizzy
14-09-03, 19:12
I just feel that this idea is biased based on your class selection, you have some good ideas but apus clearly dont need anything else right now.

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 19:17
i dunnooo

i kinda like it, but at the same time i would fucking hate to not get rezzed at an OP fight...or is some asshole came into chaos caves and i died and he casted it on me... i would be a little upset.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 19:23
Arc, Do us all a favour and reroll to a pistol PE then see what it's like not having the best offence in the game :p

You gotta stop coming up with Idea's for things just because the way to counter them take a little work on your teams side. I agree with you mostly about parashocks, however APU's dont need anything like this. TBH I Think that APU's need some kind of heal, but thats it. They are dark magic, they should have something that drains health, Steal Soul or something, like a lance where say if you caused 50 damage to someone with it your APU would gain 25 health or something.

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 19:31
leach life - works like poisin, can stack...drains health from victum of who its casted on, and half of that health goes to your monk0rz

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 19:35
I just feel that this idea is biased based on your class selection,

How on earth is it biased? You might as well say any person who asks for ANYTHING for their class is biased.

I just feel it would fit in better with the role of TEH apu.

apus clearly dont need anything else right now.

I couldn't disagree more.

Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Arc, Do us all a favour and reroll to a pistol PE then see what it's like not having the best offence in the game :p

And then have tank defense due to buffs? Sure.

Do me a favor reroll to apu and see what it's like having awful defense. rfoofoflofoflofloflof I got you! *sarcasm*

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 19:37
i shot arc with 2 bursts from speedgat yesterday at PP and took half his HP:D

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 19:44
Originally posted by KidWithStick
i shot arc with 2 bursts from speedgat yesterday at PP and took half his HP:D

That's kuz I use XP controller. :p

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 19:47
Kickass idea. I would love for the desert racetrack to get a GR.

Rizzy
14-09-03, 19:52
Ok please explain how an apu is underpowered and needs more stuff? This should be a funny arguement.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 19:54
Ok please explain how an apu is underpowered and needs more stuff? This should be a funny arguement.

I never said he's underpowered. The tank(HC tank at least) is balanced, does that mean that he should never get new stuff?

Rizzy
14-09-03, 19:55
Stuff that will make him stronger then he already is yes.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 20:01
Stuff that will make him stronger then he already is yes.

New "toys" will always make someone stronger in some way.

Rizzy
14-09-03, 20:06
Ok, Well this spell would make the apus too strong.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 20:09
Ok, I guess we disagree. :angel:

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 20:11

And then have tank defense due to buffs? Sure.

Do me a favor reroll to apu and see what it's like having awful defense. rfoofoflofoflofloflof I got you! *sarcasm*

The defences yea maybe, only with shelter up. Thing is you seem to have forgotten that PE's have 300 health tanks have near to 600 o.O See the difference ?!?

Going on about PE's defence aswell, Shelter makes the defence good, thing is with its ROF theres NO WAY IN HELL a PE can get a shelt up if attacked, like lastnight arc, you caught me unbuffed on my PE, and bam dead in 3 HL hits. my tank woulda taken alot more hits than that so dont say the PE's have the defence and last longer than tanks lol :lol:

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 20:17
The defences yea maybe, only with shelter up. Thing is you seem to have forgotten that PE's have 300 health tanks have near to 600 o.O See the difference ?!?

ahhh yes...to bad its all done with percentage and having 600 health is a waste of con points.

Going on about PE's defence aswell, Shelter makes the defence good, thing is with its ROF theres NO WAY IN HELL a PE can get a shelt up if attacked, like lastnight arc, you caught me unbuffed on my PE, and bam dead in 3 HL hits. my tank woulda taken alot more hits than that so dont say the PE's have the defence and last longer than tanks lol

arc killed some at fightnight in like 4-5 hits...not to big of a difference...

a libby can kill an APU wearing PA 3 with a XP controller 3 in in about the same amount of time it takes to cast 3-5 HL's.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 20:17
Whatever fenix. :rolleyes:

All I know is that I see people like Varaem, Kramer, Goa'Uld and Vet take a hell of alot of hits. They even admit pes have tank defense.

So once again, another :rolleyes: for you.

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 20:21
Whatever fenix. :rolleyes:

All I know is that I see people like Varaem, Kramer, Goa'Uld and Vet take a hell of alot of hits. They even admit pes have tank defense.

So once again, another :rolleyes: for you.

that guy Goa'Uld is hax...

he takes so many bursts from a CS...like a fucking PPU.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 20:22
ok.......

KidWithStick if you havent noticed, I have a tank and a PE. Both have nearly the same CON setups when i get a haz 3

Put my tank next to my PE both no shelters, just the same resist values, Tank toatlly unbuffed with my PE having haz 3 and their pretty much identicle.

then see who takes more hits. the tank with 533 health or the PE with 341 health o.O !

infact, why not log on right now and we will test this ok ?

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 20:28
WHy would you test having the pe not use shelter?

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 20:32
WHy would you test having the pe not use shelter?

my PE with haz 3 on him has nearly the same CON setup than my tank. only differencs is the body health, Xray/Energy and Fire are nearly all identicle with haz 3 on my PE

The only difference would be the total body health. Read up at what kidwithstick said.

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 21:01
Oh I understand now.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 21:18
Oh I understand now.

8| really ?
you serious ? ;)

Sleawer
14-09-03, 22:48
How this spell would make apu's stronger?

Maybe it will give holy shelters when it's casted? or perhaps you can cast it in an already alive person and insta-kill him?

I dont get it.

Unbalanced? like ressurection is? maybe.
Too important? hmm maybe

But stronger? In what way stronger?

Rizzy
14-09-03, 23:14
Stronger as in, it gives apus the ONLY ability to take someone out of the fight permanantly.

Sleawer
15-09-03, 00:02
That doesnt make apu's stronger; that adds a new role, which is eliminate the endless ressurection from ppu's.

Unbalance because it adds another unique aspect to the monk class? maybe yes, but it doesnt have anything in common with apu's stronger.