PDA

View Full Version : Brainport idea: about the uplinks

Mirco
14-09-03, 02:42
K, another idea from the mircster. (I really hope this one doesnt sink like a rock like others did. If so im gonna stop posting my ideas).

Soooooooo.....about the uplinks. What use are they? Giving you a hack boost in an op you allready own? Prolly great when hack-net gets out. Heres some little ideas to make the uplink a little more usefull and fun in the meantime.

Idea nr 1: The player-controlled security system. This will incorporate droners.

Situation: Player A one owns an op. He suddenly gets a message that his first layer at a certain op has been hacked. Luckily he is a droner and more important he is his clans security expert. Fast as lightning he gets to his app. Fires up his comp and logs into the clan uplink-op. Here he is shown a map of the world of neocron as we know it today and also what op is being targeted. He cracks his fingers and gets to work. He enters the controll console of the op thats under attack. He activates the security drone, which pops out of a hatch on the roof somewere in the op. It imidiately takes to the sky and mr. A can see how many and what kind of enemies there are and report to his defence taskforce. The kind of drone can be chosen by putting the drone you want in the ops drone-defence-launch-system. Luckily he has many different choices today and selects a KK-400 to be his friend and goes out, targeting the hacker.

This would be considered aggressive defence.

Idea nr 2. Hacker showdown.

Situation as mentioned before. As mr. A is buisy coordinating and relaying info to his defensive crew, one hacker in his clan goes to his app also, sits down infront of the computer and enters the same uplink and defence console. He does not choose surveilance/drones however. He chooses the cyber-defence-module. Because of his fast reaction he is set and ready to go, before the second hack has commenced. As the second hack starts the aggressive hacker now meets the defensive hacker in a showdown for op-controll. Nodes flash in green, gets shut down all over the place, its crazy. For each node that gets under defensive controll the resulting shock for the aggressor gets bigger. It all seems to go mr.defence`s way until a few seconds for hack to run out. Mr. aggressor fire up some kind of ice-braker tearing down the terminaters on his side of the nodes giving him access to 4 more nodes. 01 seconds.....screen goes blank. Defensive hack failed. No bonus at payday.

(Yeah I know, the hacker showdown might be hacknet-ish, but it doesnt have to be something as big as we all want hacknet to be. Just the mini-game against another player.)

K, thats the ideas, not excactly perfected, but what ya think?

Doc Holliday
14-09-03, 06:26
the mini game vs another hacker. FUCK yeah!!!! Would b viable for levels 2 and 3 cos u wouldnt officially no that level one had been pass till it was. plus u get the 30 second delay between levels so the defencive hacker has the time to hit the city com or what ever. 5 stars to the thread man. even if it does sound hacknetish :p

G.0.D.
14-09-03, 06:29
that would b neat... remote defence of ur own op

StryfeX
14-09-03, 07:11
Woot. Hell yeah, man! I'd love to see something like this put in game.

--Stryfe

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 14:33
Actually, it'd be freaking cool....

Don't bother with ICE programs or all that shit, that's HackNet.

Keep it supremely simple.

The hacking minigame would just become player vs. player - simply remove the part where it's player vs CPU... then put one end up to the attacker hacker and one end up to the defender hacker, and START!

Hacker skill would determine how hard one's end would be, not the other's as in player vs CPU. Oh, and if the defending hacker is at the Uplink as well (if he's in the Underground, I mean - Uplinks DO have terminals in their undergrounds, right? Been so long, I forget) he would get the +50 bonus, meaning that his job would be much easier at his end.

As I said, supremely simple.

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 19:22
Thing is, how do you play HCK 100 vs HCK 170? Extra nodes? Better grid?

A better grid or more nodes will leave me winning 10 out of 10 times, this game won't play well against another player since the only thing you can actually do is to exploit the stupidity of the computer. No, even players can be supremely stupid, but thats something completely different. You need something else to differentiate in that kind of minigame.

Maybe ... similar grid, same amount of nodes, just your node moves way faster than your opponents?

Could this be the answer? Or would you need a completely different minigame? (Wich I'd actually enjoy)

Mirco
14-09-03, 21:41
Erm well. I havent really thought about how the minigame should play out. Of course it would be somewhat different than the thing we have now. Different conditions for winning and loosing. I guess it would be another thing that kK would have to balance and would probably take forever to get it sorted....im trailing off. Anyways I just sat down thinking what could make a hacker and droner more usefull. Lets say the hackscreen gets a re-vamp with more nodes and more switches and stuff, thus making it a game of strategy, reflexes, skill and fast thinking, just putting a little more depth to it. I still would like that one should be able to upload some dirty tricks to your hacktool dependant on tech-level. I think it would be a blast to as a defensive hacker to delay an attacking team or even be able to stop it. HCK 100 vs HCK 170, would not be a fair match. It shouldnt be. You get the same grid, but fewer nodes. Lets say it depends on HCK/Personal skill/"software/hardware".

Anyways HCK 170 would be major gimpage for most spies I think. Someone with 170 should perhaps be able to blow the opposition away.

Im not good at thinking out minigames. Any of you guys got any good suggestions how to improve the hacking??

Heavyporker
15-09-03, 10:44
Who in the world could afford to get 170 hack and live? And leave the hackerista software/hardware out, dammit.

Yes, pure pointskill would give you an advantage, but as in a noob wielding a CS and a veteran wielding a TPC, the tool isn't the whole game. But if we must, we can try for a different minigame. How about checkers? :p

How about the making the hacker vs hacker minigame have a chance for the players to actually decide on what switches to put in sequence before lighting up the channels? As in hacker sees his side of the board, he's facing a fistful of harwired channels on the board, he's got two multiplier switches, one "plug in all the channels leading to this one to get past it" switch, three bridge switches (merely links one end of a channel to another end). He has to figure out how to maximize his nodes before the other guy does, then plug in the switches, THEN plug in the nodes.

This way, its PURE brainpower. The Hack skill would only count in giving you either better chances on getting multiplier switches or better chances on getting a more straightfoward grid of channels to figure out. That way, only people really disposed to be hackers would be anti-hackers, in a sense.