PDA

View Full Version : Pluto ''polotics'' are damn retarded

\\Fényx//
13-09-03, 23:25
Ok,

This is ONLY for people on pluto, so everyone else that does not play pluto get the hell off my thread cause i dont want to hear your comments!

No, the faction alingments in Neocron mean jack shit anyway, because their all messed up as alot of people have commented on before. but, your 2 main sides on pluto has nearly always been TT and TG, against eachother, now what the hell is going on when TG and TT have a NAP with eachother because their ''happy with their OPs'' and then you have f*ckin TT attacking CA because we attacked f*cking TG. guys, COME ON !, what the hell is going on inside your head. If you want to be allied with TG then bloody change faction to something that _IS_ allied with TG and get the hell out of tangent. This has been brewing for some time as when i was TT none of our allies would help our clan fight TG/Crahn/FA because they had these shitty f*ckin NAP's with the clans in those factions. What the hell is the point in the game when you have a NAP with all of your enemies, then decide to attack runners in YOUR OWN FACTION when they attack the TG/Crahn/FA that your enemies with aswell, but have a NAP with...

bah, fuck it, the servers are too messed up for one voice to bring any change to it all...

Some explanation why certain city clans have NAP's and even 90% of the time seem ALLIED with anticity clans and factions ? jesus...

Hippieman
13-09-03, 23:27
This is why I hate politics and will never get into em.

Mumblyfish
13-09-03, 23:30
Believe me, as long as I have even a LITTLE bit of a voice in SXR, at least we won't have any pansy NAPs.

Bloody hell, how I wish I was a CA council member...

Lethys
13-09-03, 23:34
To quote some guy from Legion (I think it was Berzerker):

There is more to Neocron's politics than the F6 window.

Breschau
13-09-03, 23:35
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

Some explanation why certain city clans have NAP's and even 90% of the time seem ALLIED with anticity clans and factions ?

You answered it yourself near the start of your post:

the faction alingments in Neocron mean jack shit anyway

This has been the case for pretty much the entire of Neocron's existance I'm afraid (at least, since I joined up.. given the state of affairs in beta4 I'm guessing factions didn't mean more in the earlier betas).

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 23:41
The Faction system is flawed.

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 23:55
People are flawed. :p

Alex Mars
14-09-03, 00:02
You are expecting stable and comprehensible politics in a game?

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 00:04
This is on Pluto? Shit, I really have got to get back in. Shake things up, I guarantee you.

QuantumDelta
14-09-03, 00:04
Actually... yes o_O

Nasher
14-09-03, 00:11
Pluto ''polotics'' are damn retarded

I think the problem is, people miss-spell stuff to much and it ends in missunderstandings.

:P

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 00:13
Originally posted by Nasher
I think the problem is, people miss-spell stuff to much and it ends in missunderstandings.

harhar funny man eh...

got nothing constructive to put into the thread then dont bother... deal ?

Breschau
14-09-03, 00:14
Originally posted by Nasher

Purely out of curiosity, were you intentionally mis-spelling mis-spell and misunderstanding? :)

(wasn't sure if it was part of the joke or not).

BlackPrince
14-09-03, 00:25
Originally posted by Lethys
To quote some guy from Legion (I think it was Berzerker):

There is more to Neocron's politics than the F6 window.

Can't be zerks, it doesn't offend anyone :-).

But yeah, Pluto Politics are t3h Sux. Which is why Russian and a good many other Gangstas packed their bags and headed out to greener pastures.

Funny, he had weapon lock no fewer than 4 times last night in one battle, who says Russians can't aim?

nonamebrandeggs
14-09-03, 00:27
Damnit Fenix, I though I was the only one with no title below my name... :(. COPYCAT!!!

Psyco Groupie
14-09-03, 00:27
come to uranus .... short of anti city owning nearly all the ops and some fags in tg who run about with ppus killing any noobs brave enough to venture outside the city - its quite good!

Pill
14-09-03, 00:47
Since When the fuck have the two major factions been TT and TG? I thought it was TT and FA up until FA got pissed with having to take all the flack DarK gave them, and DarK went to Crahn.

If TT is trying to take down CA, I, personally would be for that move, as I loathe most of the shit TT dose anyways, and to be honest, I really do wish that KK would give Faction Head Chairmans of each server, control of the F6 window, that way Factions can make, and break hatred, neutriality, and alliances. Would add more of an rp touch for the moaners, and make several people happy.

Dezerter
14-09-03, 01:00
You now find why Pluto politics are a tad more difficult then usual. Allied factions attack allied factions, hostile factions nap with hostile factions. It's how it all works and depends on the power run. There are more powerful factions then others thus NAPs go down.

but yes, clan politics are bitchy, especailly with NAPs and enemies. (I have dealt with politics, btw. I find they can be fun or practically very annoying (When levelling, etc))

Scikar
14-09-03, 01:16
This is exactly the reason why I never play on Pluto for more than a week at a time. On Saturn the politics are fairly simple. If they're red, they're fair game, there was an exception but they've decided to attack us now. One neutral faction refuses to stop attacking us even when our leaders negotiate a NAP, and one clan was formed in TG who regularly RPK everyone so they're KoS too.

Whereas on Pluto there's Legion, unfriendly stuff with both Dark and Gang, NAP with SS, OP war only fights with Pimp, and every time I log on I have to ask who are we at war with/allied to now because 9 times out of 10 things have changed somewhere.

I think the factions are workable, it's just they fall apart too easily when people ignore them.

Sinead O'Connor
14-09-03, 01:21
the faction relationships are based upon the story line, and--for whatever reason--people choose a faction, but very often disregard it's neocron-historical role and follow a personal role of their own. tg do not act like tg. tt do not act like tt. tsunami do not act like tsunami. ca do not act like ca...and so on. instead, most people--and most clans--follow their own agenda.

with people following their own agenda, how can you ever expect relationships defined by neocron history to remain valid?

at the end of the day, the answer to your childish whine is very simple: the "politics" are retarded because people don't like having their roles crammed into little f6 boxes.

Marx
14-09-03, 01:23
Pluto politics are ghey.

Politics in general are ghey.

until FA got pissed with having to take all the flack DarK gave them, and DarK went to Crahn.

Other way around matey. DarK got pissed at FA and left of their own free will. :p

I'll leave that topic at that, because I'd hate to see another "OMG LOLZ DarK TEH SUX" thread disguised as something else.

Here's the fault I've seen in regards to Pluto politics. - Everyone wants to be a leader, and we have a severe lack of followers.

No one seems willing to yeild to those that might be more experienced because everyone has highly inflated views of their own skill & worth.

IceStorm
14-09-03, 01:33
My understanding was that the CA Epic Power Armor was cause for at least some clans to split their ranks between TG and CA, thus requiring NAPs to prevent anti-CA clans from attacking the CA branch of said TG clan and vice versa.

I honestly don't get why the politics bother anyone. It's POLITICS. Politics are as far from black and white as you can get. There are more shades of grey in Pluto's politics than you'll see in Plaza 1's texturemaps.

If you don't like the politics, don't play them. Start your own clan of powerful players and ignore everyone else. You don't see me giving a damm that over half my customers and friends seem to be Proto Pharma, a faction my N.E.X.T. Spy is supposed to be hostile to...

Marx
14-09-03, 01:37
Politics are as far from black and white as you can get. There are more shades of grey on Pluto than you'll see in Plaza 1's textures.

Politics in games tend to make the game more like a job instead of a method of entertainment.

Start your own clan of powerful players and ignore everyone else

Then people hurl shit at you - eventually any "big name" clan *has* to get involved in politics, even if just to prevent their clan from being slandered.

IceStorm
14-09-03, 01:46
Politics in games tend to make the game more like a job instead of a method of entertainment.
To quite a few, politics ARE entertainment. Personally, I find the infighting hilarious. I sit behind the counter in TH from time to time building piles of parts while one TH clanperson damageboosts another TH clanperson, then waits for a hostile third party to show up and finish the job. You're all nuts. :-)

eventually any "big name" clan *has* to get involved in politics
No, one does not have to get involved. It's a CHOICE made by the players in the clan, not something that HAS to happen.

Neocron is a game, a game with many options. Choose one that suits your sensibilities if you don't like the path others take.

Marx
14-09-03, 01:55
Originally posted by IceStorm
To quite a few, politics ARE entertainment. Personally, I find the infighting hilarious.

Put up with what certain clans have had to, and I doubt you'd find the "infighting" hilarious.

:rolleyes:

No, one does not have to get involved. It's a CHOICE made by the players in the clan, not something that HAS to happen.

Humans are defensive in nature, when someone offends them - or goes on the offensive against them; guess what - they will react.

That reaction = politics.

You want a clan with no political affiliations, motivations, or goals I can guarantee it won't be a...

... clan of powerful players ...

Shadow Dancer
14-09-03, 01:56
Originally posted by Sinead O'Connor
the "politics" are retarded because people don't like having their roles crammed into little f6 boxes.

I totally agree.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 01:58
IMO Legion are the only exception... everyone knows they dont give a shit :p

however there should still be ''sides'' to go with the ''storyline'' or else whats the point in the RPG element, go play PS else wise...

Anyway, this is the first time ive decided to take a big clan onto my shoulders, after working with people such as Serve, Centuri and Polarity i feel like im ready for it however its still a shock seeing the shit they had to fking deal with.

Dont turn this into a flame thread against a clan you have KOS or whatever, lets just try and get the ''game'' going again on pluto. Afterall its a FPS MMORPG where the main aim is to kill shit... whats the point if everyone has NAP's o.O

There hasnt been any major OP wars for ages, all small skirmishes etc...

Mankind
14-09-03, 01:59
The problem I have with it is the game doesn't update with current situations. Like Tangent making a NAP with TG. Then it should CHANGE the F6 window. Alliances are made differently. It should change the way the game works. Like today New Dawn is hostile with Black Dragon. But tomorrow we could make a NAP and we shouldn't be hostile anymore. And Fallen Angels might be against us tomorrow. That is when FA should not be allied with us any longer. This way we don't have the gay SL loss and faction sympathy hit.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 02:09
Originally posted by Mankind
The problem I have with it is the game doesn't update with current situations. Like Tangent making a NAP with TG. Then it should CHANGE the F6 window. Alliances are made differently. It should change the way the game works. Like today New Dawn is hostile with Black Dragon. But tomorrow we could make a NAP and we shouldn't be hostile anymore. And Fallen Angels might be against us tomorrow. That is when FA should not be allied with us any longer. This way we don't have the gay SL loss and faction sympathy hit.

something that faction coulcilors should be able to handle if you ask me... Getting the active clan's leaders together for a meeting and deciding etc...

Whiety Bulger
14-09-03, 02:11
Come to Saturn where everyone PKs everyone even there faction m8's

DivineOne
14-09-03, 02:13
being the ONLY active biotech clan on pluto we gota cover our asses somehow dont we :| we are faction enimies with everyone that owns the map! TT, TG, Crahn..we are royaly up shit crick without a paddle :P

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 02:16
Have the OP situation on Pluto deteroriated to that? Just small skirmishes and a factional monopoly of OPs? Grrr... I have got to get back in game.. anyone wanna give me 2k dollars? :D

ServeX
14-09-03, 02:34
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
IMO Legion are the only exception... everyone knows they dont give a shit :p

however there should still be ''sides'' to go with the ''storyline'' or else whats the point in the RPG element, go play PS else wise...

Anyway, this is the first time ive decided to take a big clan onto my shoulders, after working with people such as Serve, Centuri and Polarity i feel like im ready for it however its still a shock seeing the shit they had to fking deal with.

Dont turn this into a flame thread against a clan you have KOS or whatever, lets just try and get the ''game'' going again on pluto. Afterall its a FPS MMORPG where the main aim is to kill shit... whats the point if everyone has NAP's o.O

There hasnt been any major OP wars for ages, all small skirmishes etc...
finally someone who understands...

hnlecter
14-09-03, 02:59
Make your own small clan that hates everyone!

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 03:03
Originally posted by hnlecter
Make your own small clan that hates everyone!

Ive got myown clan now, and as things are currently going, im on the edge of hating everyone :D but cyl0n will always be mah bitch, how can you not love him o.O

Mankind
14-09-03, 03:15
Hehe earlier I had to fight 2 Mercs and 1 TG Apu Monk. I hate being poisoned so I had to keep killing the TG Monk and live with SL loss. I won't name a name because Mod's don't like that but SHE is a whore that doesn't belong in TG.

Scikar
14-09-03, 03:18
Hehe earlier I had to fight 2 Mercs and 1 TG Apu Monk. I hate being poisoned so I had to keep killing the TG Monk and live with SL loss. I won't name a name because Mod's don't like that but SHE is a whore that doesn't belong in TG.

And also an alt of a merc. You should have /set kill_self 1, the fac sympathy loss will boot her out of the faction.

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 03:18

aha who cound THAT be :p

anyway, dont get my thread closed o.O hopefully some of pluto's clan leaders will think for a second as to how retarded things are getting atm O_o

Whiety Bulger
14-09-03, 03:20

[Edited for violation of forum rules (insulting, accusing) - Gungnir]

Scikar
14-09-03, 03:23
Bye bye thread. Nice one Whiety. o_O

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 03:34
lol Gungir, just edit them please, dont close thread =/

Whiety Bulger
14-09-03, 03:38
lol ok sorry i didnt know that was againest the rules. It doesn't matter anyway everyone in saturn knows who mankind means anyways......but enough about that time to get on topic. Pluto is very peaceful its kinda scary

hnlecter
14-09-03, 05:29
heh peaceful you must not venture far out of big clans padawan

\\Fényx//
14-09-03, 05:33
Originally posted by hnlecter
heh peaceful you must not venture far out of big clans padawan

come again ? o_O

enablerbr
14-09-03, 05:41
lol it's not just pluto that faction bolloxtics is happening. seems pluto, saturn and uranus (well i only play on them) are following their own system. infact i'd say factions seem to be going AWOL and beta clan warfare has erupted.

hnlecter
14-09-03, 07:32
I don't know.

Darak
14-09-03, 11:04
now what the hell is going on when TG and TT have a NAP with eachother because their ''happy with their OPs''

Its a bit simplistic to say that TG have a NAP with TT. We (Spirit in TG) still fight anyone who is red. The problem comes from the fact that 1 large TG clan and their NAP with the most effective TT clan....

It looks like things are on the turn anyway - we have been thrashing about a bit after the bulk of the US side of Gang left the server but things are starting to form up again. Althought the situation is far from perfect it will revert to what it should be eventually.

thewarrior008
15-09-03, 03:57
[Edited for violation of forum rules - Flame]
--
Gungnir

BlackPrince
15-09-03, 04:39
Originally posted by thewarrior008
[Edited for violation of forum rules - Flame]

And proving once again why morons shouldn't be allowed to breed, we have thewarrior.

Lets give him a round of applause ladies and gentlemen.

Darkborg
15-09-03, 07:53
actually i dont know hy the heck we have that but hey.

NO op fights!! O_o 8| WTF we get alot of OP fights thank you.

atm the politics are screwed ( might have something to do with a clan having to be annoying like no other) so we're fighting them.
i dont really know how SS doing i havent seen alot for quite a while o_O with regards to our relations with clans talk to Lore ingame.

Sorontar
15-09-03, 10:01
We try the best we can in NCPD Precinct One to stick to the politics structure and history. We do not trade with enemy factions or give them assistance in the field.

But it is a minority of people who stick to these ideals. I hardly trade in Plaza now because I grew tired of getting abuse from enemy runners when I refused to work for them.

We will continue to stick to plot though because we are in this game for the roleplaying.

MjukisDjur
15-09-03, 10:03
tsss, pluto is nothing. The Swedish people are sheeps I say. Sheeeeps