PDA

View Full Version : Development ideas for the sewers, they are boring now.

Judge
13-09-03, 23:01
Ok, well this idea has been based on a few things that I have written before and it kinda brings them all together in one massive blob of ideaness.

Well basically I think that the sewer system in Neocron is poorly used and setup as it is. The sewers should be a maze where if you are not careful you could get lost for days before being able to reach the surface again. They should also provide secret entrances to the city and a way of getting round copbots if you know the sewers like the back of your hand.

First off are the newb cellars. They should have 5 levels ranging from roaches and spiders on the first level to those massive spiders that you only get in the wastelands atm, the ones which are two chevs, on the fifth level. All the level one sewer zones have an entrance from the surface and all the sewer zones are connected together on each level. So you would have about 10 – 15 (I think) level one sewers all connected, and then the same amount connected on each level down to 5. On the fifth level there should at two points be entrances to the main sewer.

Secondly is the main sewer: The main sewer should have a few entrances. First is the one that is in Pepper park 3 atm, which is like a manhole cover in the dark. Another two should be from level 5 of the noob sewers. The main sewer itself should then be on two or three levels, moving down with about 5-10 zones on each layer. There should also be varied ways of getting down and up to each layer, maybe two or three for each, so that it gives a maze like map. Another few entrances to the main sewer should be on the second level of the main sewer and should come from the aggie cellars in plaza, in those massive doors that are at the end of the rooms. They should lift up and you can then climb down a ladder into the depths of the sewers. This would be where the mutants and aggies would come from, as the main sewer is mainly populated by mutants.

All through the main sewer there should be small tunnels, or large bust up pipes that you can just about walk through, but which are in pitch black and need guns with flashlights on, or just flashlights on to get through, (kudos to Q) these would lead to the best levelling places (which would also be in the dark) in the main sewers but would cost you a slot on your gun…. is it worth it or not? By the third main sewer level you would be getting to mobs like hurlers and launchers, which would be scary as fuck when illuminated by flashlight. Some of the tunnels leading off the main sewer would also lead to areas outside of Neocron, or in the Outzone districts. These would be the secret entrances that people would have to search for if they wanted to get into Neocron stealth style, avoiding the stormbots guarding the entrances (They should also be put on guard around the smaller entrances to Neocron in the zones adjacent to the Neocron gates). One of the tunnels could even lead to Regant’s legacy…. Another cool feature would be that the lights on the second and third layers of the main sewer could randomly fail for a minute or two, as the city has priority to electricity.

On various layers of the mainsewer and even below would be some new Ops, which could be electrical generators for the city, or sludge recycling plants, providing “fresh” water to the city. Some of these Ops would even be in the completely dark sectors, imagine fighting an Op battle in the dark. That would be intense. Also near to the Ops would be zone borders which look like the cave entrances but are in fact apartment “lifts” (not actually lifts, just acting like one) which lead to apartments (basically caves) of varying size. All of which would be completely minging, glowing rocks, small streams of radioactive water, an ominous drip drip of water. Really cool stuff, imagine holding a small roleplay meeting down in an apartment like that, the atmosphere would be amazing. These apartments would be pretty much dirt cheap because… well….. they are technically shit. Not many cabs and that sort of thing. So maybe like 10 to 30K depending on size.

So basically the citizens of Neocron would have some more hunting grounds and Ops nearby, but like other factions they would be dangerous to get to and there would be few genreps down there, apart from the Op ones. Also levelling would be soooo much more interesting, with the danger of suddenly having to use a flashlight when the lights fail or to get through a narrow claustrophobic section which you never actually noticed before and have no idea where it leads to.

Anyway I don’t want to get too carried away, and I will if I carry on so I shall leave it at that. Please discuss.

BlackDove
13-09-03, 23:06
Yeap I think it's a great idea, but terraforming NC sewers seems like a hard job, especially since the coders haven't worked out all the bugs yet, and with DoY coming, they don't seem to be having a lot of spare time to do this.

But still, good idea.

Xel
13-09-03, 23:07
Op wars in total darkness w/ flashlights would be AWESOME.

Judge
13-09-03, 23:08
Yeah I know blackdove.... this was just rattling around in my brain and I couldn't concentrate on my home work so I decided to post it up. :p

Shame now i can't do my homework cos I'm replying to this thread..... oh well. :)

Benjie
13-09-03, 23:27
And what would kk do with the Main sewer that they already have?

BlackDove
13-09-03, 23:31
/set kill_self 1 I persume.

Judge
14-09-03, 00:23
That can be intergrated into the whole system of the other sewer.

Also if anyone wants to imagine what a tunnel would belike try and find the one in simmons zone to teh OZ, it would be like that just darker. :D

Psyco Groupie
14-09-03, 00:25
Im sure i once found myself in a real type sewer with a big water channel .. i went in somewhere and came out some where totally diff .. might have just been me being so new .. it was cool

Judge
14-09-03, 00:27
Yeah thats the main sewer.... just imagine that but massive, with loads of interconnecting passages, dark tunnels and random lights...

Pill
14-09-03, 01:01
I voted no, I don't like the thought of having my character stuck underground for days, and b, like hell i am going to sacrifice any kind of slot to fight hurlers, which i can clearly do above ground, in day light.

Judge
14-09-03, 01:07
Jeesus.... stuck down for days, I was kinda exaggerating. Of course you won't get litterally stuck their for days, its just the atmosphere that would be there.

Pill
14-09-03, 01:11
no more brainport ideas for me when i first wake up :(

i still however, reject the idea of places being pitch black.

Judge
14-09-03, 01:13
lol....

Well there would of course be other places like the OZ to level, its just a different style of leveling...

You have to admit that if rares were ALOT easyer to get hold off or if the PvP dependance was taken off rares then an Outpost in pitch black would rock. Right?

EDIT: oh and also thats not the only part of the idea... its just a small part that i basically blagged off Q's thread on dark caves. The main part is the connecting and larger feel.

QuantumDelta
14-09-03, 01:16
wouldn't really get on with them being pitch black, but certainly darker, mainsewer is too bright, atm.

getting Stuck down there(main sewer) was one of the most fun experiences I had as a newb, I actually RAN OUTA AMMO and had to use a melee weapon until I got back out

Pill
14-09-03, 01:16
sub pitch black i can deal with, as my monitor corrects all needs for a flashlight, pitch black though... would be a setup for too much lost soullight. i'll agree with a totally pitch black room, when we get dynamic light spells.

Judge
14-09-03, 01:21
Shit... I knew there was something that I forgot to put down.

Yes also give monks a Light spell that requires only MST and PSI to use, thus both APU and PPU can use it. But PPU get a higher level and much larger area spell as well.

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 23:03
Well actual level design wouldnt be hard atall. could build it in a month or two. hell... another project for the none KK mappers . we will get right onto that idea :P

Anyhow. gr8 idea 5 star

Pill
14-09-03, 23:26
not so much spells that are dynamic lights, but spells like hl, when cast, give off a dynamic light, such as a bright flash.

Shujin
14-09-03, 23:27
;0 im eatin yummeh steak atm

Judge
14-09-03, 23:48
Is that a rather strange metaphor for: I like the idea.

Or is it a spam steak?

Syntax-Error
14-09-03, 23:52
Where i come from thats mean . "i want to rip the clothes from your body and do wonderful things with and icecube to you"

then again where i come from everyone also tie a peice of string the a mans dick and let his wife hold it while in labour.... but i think thats a good idea aswell. now back on top. :P sorry

Shujin
14-09-03, 23:54
nerf wherever syntax-error comes from!

Judge
14-09-03, 23:55
*reads syntax's post*

*shudders*

Ow. :(

RuriHoshino
15-09-03, 19:20
Actually I think I'd like that place :D