PDA

View Full Version : It would be cool if...

DarkPhoenix
13-09-03, 22:08
...KK let some of the players help with (upgrading) the source code. I know Im going to get a lot of flames for this, but hear me out. Im about to show you what is possible if some of the NC community were given this opportunity. Of course rules and regulations would have to be set and the source would have to go through KK first ( though all of that hastle could make it impractical.)

I play a game called Freespace 2, and the source code has been released for it. So people on the HLP forums have gotten together to edit many features of the game. One feature is the graphics. Here is an example of what they did:

Old graphics:

http://www.metalsiren.com/images/old.jpg

New Graphics:

http://www.metalsiren.com/images/newlarge.jpg

http://www.metalsiren.com/images/newlarge2.jpg

http://www.metalsiren.com/images/newlarge4.jpg

That, IMO is truly amazing.

Click (http://www.3dap.com/hlp) And no this is not advertising.

Duder
13-09-03, 22:09
ooooh, i wanna play Freespace 2 again..

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 22:10
Everyone loves HLP ;)

For those who still have FS2 Installed....I'm thinkin about arranging a little get together sometime soon... :p

(edit; except for the fact that most HLP Mission design = farrrrrr too easy for people like me'n'BD.... :p)

DarkPhoenix
13-09-03, 22:11
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Everyone loves HLP ;)

For those who still have FS2 Installed....I'm thinkin about arranging a little get together sometime soon... :p

Make sure its on the weekend though, I cant be on during school days... :(

BlackDove
13-09-03, 22:28
OMG RAKSHASA I LUV j0000000000000000000000000!!!!!

But, let's wait until a game totally dies till we let the community try and recover it :p

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 22:34
I think it did already.
Where's Apoc? :p

BlackDove
13-09-03, 22:37
Compared to freespace, this is support heaven.

Viduus[JBX]
14-09-03, 04:59
I remember when FS2 had Devs, and Mods, and actual appearances in the lobbies by the staff & programmers....

Damn, I'm old.

Shujin
14-09-03, 05:02
i was plannin on tryin to do somethin like that with some stuff in nc, but sadly assload of the textures are in the .act files which they dont want us messin with

BlackDove
14-09-03, 06:58
Originally posted by Viduus[JBX]
I remember when FS2 had Devs, and Mods, and actual appearances in the lobbies by the staff & programmers....

Damn, I'm old.

Hell just remembering the servers brings tears to my eyes. The bastards would use them to play SW's...omg the times when only people you could count on one hand of actually having some talent.

Viduus[JBX]
14-09-03, 17:31
I'd tell you my pilotname from then but I have asked QD to guess in another thread, so until he does, I'm bound... :p

Meantime, I seriously loved that game.
I can remember when only 3 or 4 people could consistantly kick my butt. There were about half a dozen that were evenly matched. The rest were pretty much cannon fodder....

Of course, in a team setting, I was the guy that got cherry-picked right off the start lol....

Damn that was a fun game. :(

*raises glass to FS2 & SW*

QuantumDelta
14-09-03, 17:57
If you've Kev Imma flip... :p

but uhh, I can't really tell, I know/knew too many JBX to name one person from seven posts :p

BlackDove
14-09-03, 18:53
Of course, in a team setting, I was the guy that got cherry-picked right off the start lol....

*TORN SPAMZOR VRRR VRRRRR VRRR VRRRRR *LAG LAG LAG LAG* VRRRRR VRRRRRRR *FISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* VRRR VRRR VRRR VRRR*

*team host has 100000 points*
*team client has -1000 points*
*TCA wins*

:p

QuantumDelta
14-09-03, 18:56
Unless TCA would've been fighting modern day SSC...that is BD :p

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 19:25
KK said theres some law's or somthing that makes it so they cant make anyone work on the game wihtout getting paid, or somthing like that..

many people have said this before, and its a good idea...it could really help neocron, imagine instead of 3 devs (or however many there is) you could have 30. and 27 of them are working for free...

yes i support the idea, but i dont think KK does.

DarkPhoenix
14-09-03, 20:09
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
If you've Kev Imma flip... :p

;)

Viduus[JBX]
15-09-03, 00:21
Yeah, Suz & Stang actually had my number pretty good -- until I learned the trick to taking them out.... Get 2 pilots going for 'stang, while I took out Suz, and then turn on 'Stang (by now he's flying at me full speed from my 6 with all guns & torps a-blarin'...)... and whoever their third was was **usually** inconsequential hehe...
Point of interest (and a hint for Stu) - 'Stang joined me & JBX in Motor City Online before the Golden City shut its doors (for good? unknown yet, she's up for sale)....
And learning to drive one-handed was a helluva challenge, but I still managed to keep my status in the top dozen or so PvP racers... ;)

If you can't get the answer from that, then you've gotten slow in your old age lol - or you started drinking!! *hiccup!*

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 00:58
Yeah, Suz & Stang actually had my number pretty good -- until I learned the trick to taking them out.... Get 2 pilots going for 'stang, while I took out Suz, and then turn on 'Stang (by now he's flying at me full speed from my 6 with all guns & torps a-blarin'...)... and whoever their third was was **usually** inconsequential hehe...
Point of interest (and a hint for Stu) - 'Stang joined me & JBX in Motor City Online before the Golden City shut its doors (for good? unknown yet, she's up for sale)....
And learning to drive one-handed was a helluva challenge, but I still managed to keep my status in the top dozen or so PvP racers... ;)

If you can't get the answer from that, then you've gotten slow in your old age lol - or you started drinking!! *hiccup!*
Yeap I know who it is now :p
GOOD to have you here.
.........I get more tempted to level my char on saturn everyday....

lol, as for the suz'n'stang thing... :p

Suz/Stang/Tepa/Gladi
Vs
Noob/noob/noob/QD.
o.o
Noobs all get torn spammed in first wave, die, QD dodges all the torns 'n' flies around like a fairie...but is getting shot at too much to shoot back without dying....noob #1 kills teps and really hurts stang, giving me the change to kill Gladi'n'Suz, but the game finished a few seconds after because "It's impossible to dodge 200 Torns and not get hit when you're not host..." and Gokou's first appearance on boots was kicked for "Hacking" ;)

I love FS2 :D
Always will, and if you're up for it, I'm up for trying to pimp it to the neocroners, I mean, it's free, it's in a different genre, it's not exactly competing with neocron anyways, and ........!
SSC are trying to start up a new mini-league, or something... I got refered to a post earlier....

BlackDove
15-09-03, 01:05
Suz n Stang were way too much fun to pass up on our last encounter. They got their asses kicked and I didn't even have the ingame sound turned on.

Viduus[JBX]
15-09-03, 03:15
Well I'm a crappy pilot now, since I can't use my buttons-all-over+yaw J-stick properly anymore, but given the right motivation, I could retrain.....

Of course, I don't know that I'd have that kind of time to spend effectively. Anyhow -- I did make a pitstop at the SSC forums, only to find I was not registered (?).

I'd imagine there are a few JBX who'd not mind dusting off the old Mark 2s....

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 03:18
They delete accounts they haven't been used (0 posts)...
I saw the post, how come no MSN or AIM? :P Apart from the hiding from the world as always? ;)

Heh, it's definatly good to see you again though...

Viduus[JBX]
15-09-03, 03:30
You're actually online~ hehe

You have ICQ? say you still have ICQ....

Otherwise you're SOL... I get more windows than pixels popping open when I use anything else, so when I installed 2k AS I didn't install any of them.

Check for me now...