PDA

View Full Version : Multiple characters per account?

Cruzbroker
13-09-03, 18:40
Should it be allowed to play 2 (imo) chars at the same time with the same account?

My brother plays on the same account, but we can't play at the same time, that is my reason..

Ascension
13-09-03, 18:48
No cos then KK will lose out on money:mad:

Lexxuk
13-09-03, 19:34
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Should it be allowed to play 2 (imo) chars at the same time with the same account?

My brother plays on the same account, but we can't play at the same time, that is my reason..

Well, if you install software, you sign up to an End User Licence Agreement (EULA), which usualy contains words like "install on one computer", which tends to mean, you are not allowed to have the software on two computers at once, or running on two computers at once. So if your playing say Saturn and your brother is playing Uranus, both at the same time, your breaking the EULA.

Its technically piracy, like installing Windows on your computer, and also on your brothers computer using the same licence key.

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 19:36
Except that KK said you can install it on as many machines as you like, so long as they have seperate accounts, so meh :p

Lethys
13-09-03, 19:38
Apparently there is a way of doing it, but it's a bannable offence if you get caught.

OpTi
13-09-03, 19:54
you can indeed use one account and 2 people be on at the same time, just not on the same server.

Tho i believe by doing this you can be banned

Shakari
13-09-03, 22:29
Originally posted by Lexxuk
Well, if you install software, you sign up to an End User Licence Agreement (EULA), which usualy contains words like "install on one computer", which tends to mean, you are not allowed to have the software on two computers at once, or running on two computers at once. So if your playing say Saturn and your brother is playing Uranus, both at the same time, your breaking the EULA.

Its technically piracy, like installing Windows on your computer, and also on your brothers computer using the same licence key.

but what if u buy another copy of the game :) or the online signup :) They surely gives the right to install on a 2nd machine

Varaem
13-09-03, 22:31
i think it'd be cool, but... you know.. kk would lose money

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 22:33
...err...it's complicated...

Psyco Groupie
13-09-03, 22:36
get another account / become nocturnal .. your bro gets it in the day .. u get it at night lol :P

Lexxuk
13-09-03, 22:52
Originally posted by Shakari
but what if u buy another copy of the game :) or the online signup :) They surely gives the right to install on a 2nd machine

Yep, because you dont purchase the game (when you buy the CD, you are buying just the CD, not the software), you just purchase the rights as set out in the EULA. Buy purchasing another copy of the game, you are purchasing another licence to install the "software" on a system of your choosing, you still dont own the software though, just another licence to use it as dictated in the EULA.

See, not complicated ;)

Pill
14-09-03, 00:49
piracy can't really apply to neocron, most especially, when you can download the game itself online for free.