PDA

View Full Version : New type of drop?

Style
13-09-03, 16:34
do you think runners within 10 ranks or more off your own rank when you kill them they should drop their backpack fee as a cashcube along with their quickbelt when they die? i mean it would not effect the player who died anymore then it would, but it may get rid of this ego pvp fights that go on. and bring back the cycle of crime, to fund drugs etc, this would give black dragon a rp prop to do what they where made out to be. instead of being called 'pk f*ck', and the reply 'pwned j00'.

vote up above, or post below with your reason or idea.

edit-sorry about the no dead animal option, but i want a precise idea of the poll

edit-2 if you vote no, please state your reason below, otherwise, kk please take away a vote from no option.

Syntax-Error
13-09-03, 16:51
Hmm not a bad idea actually.. but what happens when they dont have the cash?

Helen Angilley
13-09-03, 16:53
Too easily exploited.

"Money for drugs" is a weak excuse as well. There's a myriad of ways to make money.

Rizzy
13-09-03, 16:58
What if its only possible to drop a cashcube once every 10 minutes when you are killed?

QuantumDelta
13-09-03, 17:22
If you're serious, you're naive, do you really think this will change anything?
If you're not serious, or if you're trying to find (as helen stated) a weak excuse, keep trying, if you wanted money for kills like _that_ it would be produced in pvm style kills - since dc's are disabled.

"fund drug" stuff with kills? honestly, in neocron - with the way it works there are easier (and less likely ways to get your useless ass killed) than trying to mug other people.
You'd have to be mentally retarded.

ezza
13-09-03, 17:34
think thats an interesting idea, would enable, people to make money from killing, but at least for those people who dont like losing there lovely rare weapons, they will still get to keep them, and just lose a small fee.

would need a time limit, to stop people just endlessly killing a person for cash, but i like the idea

enablerbr
13-09-03, 17:41
if you had this drop money for death system then you would need some form of banking of cash introduced. BTW what ever happened to the idea that dog-tags was introduced for?

Lathuc
13-09-03, 18:00
dont like it

Style
13-09-03, 18:31
why dont kk just bring out neptune and make everyone happy?

Judge
13-09-03, 22:16
I would guess because player count isnt high enough yet.

And also they may not be able to afford a new server atm.

Judge
13-09-03, 22:16
Argh, fucking double post. Sorry.

Style
13-09-03, 22:49
new publisher soon correct?

Divide
14-09-03, 00:42
sounds like a good idea, but the reward is kinda skimpy-- I personally think that players should be rewarded by their faction for disposing of a runner in an opposing faction, just like people are rewarded for killing mobs. How much money you would recieve would be proportionate to the difference between the ranks of the runners, and the faction sympathy of the slayed runner
EG: A level 59/65 runner with -99 sympathy to TG would be worth more than a 40/50 runner with -99, or a 59/65 with -40...
The numbers should obviously be tweaked, but this idea would bring a reason to distrust red factions,(other than the fact that they are red) and I think would help solidify faction loyalties, as they were intended.

Pill
14-09-03, 00:53
The backpack fee dosen't exceed more than 7k-8k if i'm correct, it's not like people would care about that little money if they have enough time to randomly kill people.

Style
14-09-03, 00:57
its still a fee.

Pill
14-09-03, 01:10
it won't give anyone an initiative to pk though, in the time you spend actually pk'ing people for the belt money, you could have easily gone with someone to do several cave runs and made several times greater than the amount you'd make.

Style
14-09-03, 01:12
i'd rather have fun and gain a small amount of money to buy me new armor and gr fees, then bore my self to death killing mobs *yawn*

ezza
14-09-03, 03:23
Originally posted by Pill
it won't give anyone an initiative to pk though, in the time you spend actually pk'ing people for the belt money, you could have easily gone with someone to do several cave runs and made several times greater than the amount you'd make.

i agree with style point of veiw on this, doing a cave run is boring, where as going off and fighting your enemies is a lot more fun and if you get a small reward for it then cool, if it was based on the backpack fee, then say 5K per kill isnt to bad, would cover your Gr fees and armour and repairs what haveyou.

of course you would still have to go out hunting for rares:rolleyes:

Style
14-09-03, 03:40
also, how is it to easily exploited? 2 friends killed each other for an hour just to gain money? what is the poin in that, they may aswell give each other money via trade

and as i said it don't effect the person who just got killed anyway.... also i find it ironic how its the people from uranus who abject to this

how about making this future for saturn, pluto and jupiter? the servers who enjoy pk, wether they are the anti-pk or pk