PDA

View Full Version : *** BRAINPORT IDEA *** Special rifles for spies

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 09:38
Has anyone ever played the game Perfect Dark? Remember that weapon that you could use to fire through walls? It took some time to aim and you were very vulnerable doing it. You used the scope to "go through" the walls and see on the other side and hit the enemy. Fantastic weapon.

I think spies should get guns like this. Perhaps don't make the range too crazy, maybe only 300m if you're overly concerned or perhaps less :p. But it would be great. They would be deadly in team battles(and they still can die fast anyways :p).

What do ya'll think?

Tupac
13-09-03, 09:40
spy lover 8|

Nvidia
13-09-03, 10:00
Hahah! Yea! The Farsight XR-20 I think it was. That thing was freakin awesome. Slow fire times, but xray technology, 5 stars from me, once again :D

kurai
13-09-03, 11:15
As I spy I have to say it would be a nice toy ...

However, it would totally change the nature of gameplay and require some horrendously complex reworking of the engine.

So voted no.

Nice, but not practical, or balanced.

Original monk
13-09-03, 11:16
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You used the scope to "go through" the walls and see on the other side and hit the enemy. Fantastic weapon.

In counterstrike we call that wallhack :P HAXX HAXX

NexusPlexus
13-09-03, 11:21
how about a long range heat seeking missile that homes in on all the hot air coming from the tank's heads, hehehe

then the spies can really be useful when scouting at op wars**

Richard Slade
13-09-03, 12:39
As an actual spy I actually gotta say no to this idea.
Cuz there's no way to KK will give you a one-shot-one-kill weapon
and slow aim and being MORE vulnerable than the spy already is(:eek: ) wouldn't be to damn nice. So I don't see why anyone would want this instead of just running around the corner, and shove a PE or FL up the enemies ass.

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 19:54
Originally posted by Richard Slade
As an actual spy I actually gotta say no to this idea.
Cuz there's no way to KK will give you a one-shot-one-kill weapon
and slow aim and being MORE vulnerable than the spy already is(:eek: ) wouldn't be to damn nice. So I don't see why anyone would want this instead of just running around the corner, and shove a PE or FL up the enemies ass.

I never said the weapon should one shot kill.

:eek:

Originally posted by kurai
As I spy I have to say it would be a nice toy ...

However, it would totally change the nature of gameplay and require some horrendously complex reworking of the engine.

So voted no.

Nice, but not practical, or balanced.

1.How would it be unbalanced?

2.Would it really require horrendously complex reworking of the engine? How would you know this?

Ste-X
13-09-03, 20:45
YES good idea

all spys use rifles!!!

Richard Slade
13-09-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I never said the weapon should one shot kill.

1.How would it be unbalanced?
2.Would it really require horrendously complex reworking of the engine? How would you know this?

Well the fact that you would have to aim for some time and with the lag we all know of in this game just getting one shot to hit would be hard enough and the fact that all weapons atm are based on the same thing.. Fight until death would make this weapon stand out of the rest. AND the fact that KK always say it's exploit when u can hit ur enemies but they cannot hit you.

1)Exploit exploit, wallhaxx!

2)And YES this would take ALOT of reworking since first you need to work out a new texture for every single wall in the game so it can be seen through by this specific weapon and no other weapon, plus it also has to stop at first wall so it doesn't just remove all walls when you aim. THEN they need to make out another type of ammo and bullets since all current weapons stop at the first thing they hit, barrels, boxes, walls and other thing.
THAT's why you can say it would take alot of rework for a fact.

Richard Slade
13-09-03, 21:14
Originally posted by Ste-X
YES good idea

all spys use rifles!!!

Trust me, all spies don't use rifles so don't even think of it.

This would give the spies a NEED to use rifles, hence all droners would go away and wouldn't be needed.

wolfwood
13-09-03, 21:29
i love that idea

bein a spy and all I think we really need that. I also think that someone who has never played a spy shouldnt even read this thread.

Richard Slade
13-09-03, 21:32
Originally posted by wolfwood
i love that idea

bein a spy and all I think we really need that. I also think that someone who has never played a spy shouldnt even read this thread.

Might you be refering to me in this case?

Ste-X
13-09-03, 21:55
Trust me, all spies don't use rifles so don't even think of it.

This would give the spies a NEED to use rifles, hence all droners would go away and wouldn't be needed.

/sarcasm :p

Benjie
13-09-03, 22:03
Voted no and rated 1.
"spy toy this...... spy toy that....."
no more spy things. They have a lot. Give tanks and pe's a break. (they couldn't even be asked to map a new skin for pe pa! When was the last time kk decided to make tanks more fun?)

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 22:07

1)Exploit exploit, wallhaxx!

:confused:

2)And YES this would take ALOT of reworking since first you need to work out a new texture for every single wall in the game so it can be seen through by this specific weapon and no other weapon, plus it also has to stop at first wall so it doesn't just remove all walls when you aim. THEN they need to make out another type of ammo and bullets since all current weapons stop at the first thing they hit, barrels, boxes, walls and other thing.
THAT's why you can say it would take alot of rework for a fact.

It could have psi aiming. Psis just need their target on the person, but not LOS. So perhaps special goggles that removes "wall" graphics or something and then the spy can target whomever.

This would give the spies a NEED to use rifles,

How so?

Originally posted by Benjie
Voted no and rated 1.
"spy toy this...... spy toy that....."
no more spy things. They have a lot. Give tanks and pe's a break. (they couldn't even be asked to map a new skin for pe pa! When was the last time kk decided to make tanks more fun?)

omg stop coming into threads and saying "give XX some lovin" that is so unbelievably rude, this thread is about spies and spies only.

DivineOne
14-09-03, 02:47
all i can say is hell ya! ...errr gona give the pkers a feild day though