PDA

View Full Version : This game is dying

Tupac
13-09-03, 09:16
omg this game is slowly but surely dying.....
bring out DOY b4 at plutos peak hours it has like a max of 40 players on it.

FBI
13-09-03, 10:01
Tupac for prez ;)

Shujin
13-09-03, 10:02
Originally posted by FBI
Tupac for prez ;) FBI for Vice Prez, cuz Tupac got shot and FBI would become prez and tadahhhh Fbi for Prez *makin faces bcuz 60 sec wait o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O :lol: :cool: :D :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused: 8| 8| o_O o_O

OTIS
13-09-03, 10:40
omg this game is slowly but surely dying

It is?? Ive seen alot of high client counts lately...o_O

Kasumi
13-09-03, 10:43
Me too.. i have seen alot of new people coming in too for some reason O_O

Mighty Max
13-09-03, 10:47
Again?

and i thought after its last death it was already dead ...

tztztz, me and my stupid ideas.

msdong
13-09-03, 10:57
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Again?
yes mighty, its the end.....

like last month ,

and the month before,

and may,

and january,

and...

Shujin
13-09-03, 10:58
and tomarrow ?:wtf: :wtf: :( so sleepy

Mingerroo
13-09-03, 11:03
What bull :lol: OMG nooo the game is dying cos hadly anyone played today :p

Loads my my RL friends are joining, have you thought that maybe Pluto players went to saturn or elsewhere for a while? I wish they'd make these threads like the I'm leaving threads.

Tupac
13-09-03, 11:10
IM not leaving! damn it! i miss the days when I was lvling and there was tonsa people around in plaza and stuff. e.g people advertising there tradeskill services etc... now hardly anyone advertises that anymore and also i find myself just runnin around NC doing nothing constructive at all lol.. Also there is hardly anyone to kill at all

Archeus
13-09-03, 11:30
It's all timezone based. The brother is playing a lot still.

Actually I am off on two weeks holidays to Korea :D so I won't be playing, so if you see Simon in game it will most likely be my brother rezing his corpse :lol:

Judge
13-09-03, 13:00
LMAO

The game is the most alive its been for months. I made a new character yesterday, and met a welcome dude in MC5. Apparantly he had had about 10 new people through that night. Mostly city factions.

CarniFlex
13-09-03, 13:10
it is a bit true. Having experienced just bout anything there is in this game (except the hardcore research-construction-barter) I must agree that. All my monk spells are in artifact, having all rare barrels and high level goodies with slots I feel theres little else rare part hunting left. Maybe switch faction and go on a killingspree but its not my style. My main hope is these Live runs atm with gm handling. This fine style of roleplay is the only high level stuff left for me to do. Sure can go to a op fight with 50 members on each side and it will be fun but I already experienced it, and found it abit lacking. Anything you do dont go down the history books. Single players dont really change this world only gm and their events do.

Xian
13-09-03, 13:18
Originally posted by Tupac

People said that in January.

Jaggeh
13-09-03, 13:20

care to pull a publishing company out of your ass?

Pi-Oh-Pah
13-09-03, 13:50
IM not leaving! damn it! i miss the days when I was lvling and there was tonsa people around in plaza and stuff. e.g people advertising there tradeskill services etc... now hardly anyone advertises that anymore and also i find myself just runnin around NC doing nothing constructive at all lol.. Also there is hardly anyone to kill at all

Maybe you shouldnt randomly PK noobs in aggy cellar the 0.o

Helen Angilley
13-09-03, 13:55
People have been preaching about Neocron's death since Beta.

Get in line with the other llamas.

Style
13-09-03, 14:14
bring out neptune and alot of people will come back or thei will be a freshsfaced server once again when everyone is a newb :)

phunqe
13-09-03, 18:02
...at plutos peak hours it has like a max of 40 players on it...

Allow me: :lol:

Psyco Groupie
13-09-03, 18:08
The problem with pluto is the players :)

Tazo
13-09-03, 18:09
again? :rolleyes:

Mingerroo
13-09-03, 21:24
Clooooooooose meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Alex Mars
13-09-03, 21:51
I don't think NC is dying, it can probably limp along as a small niche game for a long time.

Heraclitus
13-09-03, 22:04
I have NEVER EVER played an MMOG where at least a third of the community thought the game was "dying" or "turning to crap". It's so myopic and silly. It's natural that a person loses the initial excitement of a game as their gameplay hours reach the fucking THOUSANDS. In other words it's not the game, it's you.

You people get on the boards and and RANT about these far-flung almost impossible to implement ideas and then CRY when a developer doesn't sing your praises in a thread after the thread is hardly an hour old. "OMG WHY THE FU** DONT WE HAVE SATALITE (sic) BOMBARMENT FOR USE BY ALL PLAYERZ CUZ THAT WOULD BE THE KEWLEST. FUK YOU KK FOR NOT GIVING US NUKESQ!!!!" Very few of you understand game balance and how CRUCIAL balance is to fun. Even fewer of you realize the effort of THOUGHT ALONE when planning out new content for games, not to mention the huge lots of hours required for coding and other technicalities.

I say put your money where your mouth is and leave. See what it's like elsewhere. Go play some of the huge MMORPGs and come back and tell us how great your experience is. Or better yet just don't come back. Funny thing is, the whiners will probably be here long after I'm gone. Baseless whining has this eerie way of sustaining itself.

Alex Mars
13-09-03, 22:34
I have NEVER EVER played an MMOG where at least a third of the community thought the game was "dying" or "turning to crap". It's so myopic and silly

How many of those games has as few subscribers as this one?

Nightbrother
13-09-03, 22:50
Hey Tupac, ingame you spout utter bollocks on the trade channel as often as you can (heheehehheehee), and now you do it here too. When I joined back in December, people were talking about this game dying as well. It's not that you're wrong actually (imo), since every game will slowly die, and that starts from the birth of the game. I'd just wish that DOY would come out soon, and I'd wish that the start of the free trial had been done more skillfully, to attract more people back then. *cries about that*

Heraclitus
13-09-03, 22:56
Originally posted by Alex Mars
How many of those games has as few subscribers as this one?

A few. I usually play the underdog MMOGs but have tried most of the bigger ones and have been disappointed. I enjoy the unique vision that more independant developers bring to games, and this is what attracted me to Neocron. To list the two that of a similar player-base to this one: A Tale in the Desert (which I loved at first but quit due to a fundamental flaw in advanced playing) and Aces High (a great WWII MMOG flight sim who's faults are few and forgiveable and a game I will definitely return to).

Tupac
14-09-03, 01:01
lol night, that is when im extremely bored and there is nothing to do! i mean surely there should always be a place where u can pvp!

Al3X
14-09-03, 01:43
Originally posted by Mighty Max
and i thought after its last death it was already dead ...

crahn holy ressurection :lol:

Gungnir
14-09-03, 04:20
--
Keep it civil and on topic please -- before this thread dies.

--
Gungnir

Tupac
14-09-03, 07:08
also i would like to say I think in the UK this game has had pretty shit PR because in all honesty if it wasnt for my real life friend who told me about this game I wouldnt of heard of it. The game is genious and just one of the best games i have ever played, it simply has the potential to be a HUGE game in the UK however it is not.

thewarrior008
14-09-03, 07:37

Tupac is right since im not around anymore it goes downhill :p

and i wasnot the first one to leave , ull seee guys u will be in the same position with the same thoughts one day. and the reason i left wasnot even doy:p it were some personal(-neocron hate ) reasons

Neocton is dying and i invite tupac to come over to my side( neocron disliking side) to watch neocron go down

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb007.gif

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb038.gif

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb117.gif
i hope this proofes my point

nonamebrandeggs
14-09-03, 07:45
Omg Alex M since when do you live in Toronto? WHY DO ALL THE PEOPLE CALLED ALEX LIVE HERE?

thewarrior008
14-09-03, 07:49
cuz wer cool u know? all the cool ppl live in toronto and all the others elsewhere :p

http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/1237.gif

contribute something to the topic will u ? neighbour..

nonamebrandeggs
14-09-03, 07:50
Haha stop using all those smileys and come back to NC and I'm going to sleep Zzzzzzz past my bedtime yawn.

thewarrior008
14-09-03, 07:52
nono donot go slep its just 2 am now :P the ngith begins and bro i looooooooooooooooovee em :p so sexy
nah my accnt is canceled i wont come back nomore im just messing on the forums for a while till i forget nc 4eva :p

right odin http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/cool13.gif
http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cool/cool26.gif

VetteroX
14-09-03, 08:09
helen, you have any life besides trolling the forums? at least my posts are fun for both sides, people like to argue, all your posts are just insulting, boring, lame, and negative. Please find another game and annoy people there.

Tupac, do what i did, move to saturn. the first 2 weeks a bitch, gotta get equiptment, level, etc. Then, your ok. theres tons of people. Pk all day, always a lotta people around. or join a clan... and kill people. either way, theres people on saturn.

If KK does a good job on doy, gets a good publisher and has ood advertising, we will get more people... if not, well then its still gonna be just us people from beta until a better game comes along i guess.

thewarrior008
14-09-03, 08:13
whos helem?

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/206.gif

Mantus
14-09-03, 08:41
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Omg Alex M since when do you live in Toronto? WHY DO ALL THE PEOPLE CALLED ALEX LIVE HERE?

My name isnt Alex and i live in Toronto :P ...of course i want born there so i am the only one without that name :(

Alex Mars
14-09-03, 09:01
I am an Alex M, but I don't live in Toronto.

Disturbed021
14-09-03, 11:45
also i would like to say I think in the UK this game has had pretty shit PR because in all honesty if it wasnt for my real life friend who told me about this game I wouldnt of heard of it. The game is genious and just one of the best games i have ever played, it simply has the potential to be a HUGE game in the UK however it is not.

I have to agree.....this is by far the best game I have ever played. Believe me I tried to leave twice now but I keep coming back for more.
If they advertised more this game would take-off......we'll see if they can relaunch it successfully when DoY comes out. *crosses fingers* I hope it does, I'm tired of seeing 40 ppl on Uranus when I log on :( Talk about boring.

Shujin
14-09-03, 11:45
i live in the us, ive not seen 1 ad, flyer, or even a thing in a gaming magazine over here

Disturbed021
14-09-03, 11:48
Originally posted by Shujin
i live in the us, ive not seen 1 ad, flyer, or even a thing in a gaming magazine over here

Me either:( ...I only found it because I was really bored and looking really really hard for a new game to play that was different from all the other crap out there.

Shujin
14-09-03, 11:49
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Me either:( ...I only found it because I was really bored and looking really really hard for a new game to play that was different from all the other crap out there. i only found it cuz i was playin a lame game called Americas army and was bored and i couldnt get the pos to even work rite, it was in beta, so i was on the gamespy arcade tryin to play it, a NC ad came up so i was like ;0 i guess ill try this

and did, that was back in beta sometime

Disturbed021
14-09-03, 11:52
Yeah if they just did I minor amount of advertising the servers would be overtaken by mobs of n00bs...hmmm could be good....... but could be bad as well :lol: :eek: :( :wtf: :p

Shujin
14-09-03, 11:55
i got a idea ;o lets all read my thread and talk about it ;0

ppl ignore my threads ;[

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 13:18
Originally posted by VetteroX
helen, you have any life besides trolling the forums? at least my posts are fun for both sides, people like to argue, all your posts are just insulting, boring, lame, and negative. Please find another game and annoy people there.

Call on line one for you, it's the Pot.

Vampire222
14-09-03, 13:25
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

uhhh... whatever

REMUS
14-09-03, 13:53
Originally posted by Jaggeh
care to pull a publishing company out of your ass?

1)they dont need a fucking publishing company, they just want to make money out of new subscribers they will proberbly get from the publicity of a press launch for the expansion.

2)I was going to sell my accounts on ebay but i dont know now, ive gotta alot of rl shit to do, so maybe i just wont renew my subscription and ill re-activate when doy comes out.

3) Pluto people are not the problem, sure there are ass holes but no where near the amount that are on saturn, politics have taken over becuase the sl/faction symp system is totally fucked over, its a real struggle to pvp and keep your sl high enough so you dont loose ur best cs, + you have 3 other slots for mule charecters, which pluto obviously lacks...... basically imho 4slot servers might of been a mistake.

4)Like a few people have said, every game like this dies, but partly through missfortune/ill timeing and some errors nc isnt what it should be, if a company like sony released this game you can bet it would of been massive if only becuase of the amount of money they can put into advertiseing and no one fucks with sony :D

5) Tupac is perfectly within his rights to comment on the situation, i know alot of people that look like newbies are just rerolled charecters, and player count *hasnt* gone up, i havnt seen saturn reach 400+ in over a month, the only server that consisntantly has a high player count is good ol jupiter.

6) go away helen, erm go to DAoC and get them all to leave so they come here, u uber troll u :D

I would love to see pluto and jupiter merged, i would gladly forsake my name for a 500+ server count, but due to technicalitys that have already been discussed its not a possibility, BUT Neptune is a better prospect entirely!

PsiCorps
14-09-03, 14:11
lies

CR@SH
14-09-03, 14:34
I'm sorry this game is far from dead. I'm in and out of neocron pretty often and i hardly ever see the numbers on pluto drop below 70(and thats at 5 or 6 am in the morning). Take into account that those same 70 ppl dont play all dam day, if i had to guess i would say pluto has a subscriber base of close to 600-700 people. Then you have saturn that i have seen reach close to 400 people in peak times. Thats at least another 1200-1500 accounts. Well you see where im going with this. Just because YOU don't see all these people online or take the numbers into account doesn't mean the game is "dieing".

I really wish KK would release monthly figures on how many active accounts there are, and how many new accounts were made for that month. Just for the simple reason that it would stop foolish threads like these that only hurt new customers from joining. I know if it were me and i were looking to join a mmorpg i would be apprehensive about paying money for it. When i see on the front of page of their forums a thread entitled "this game is dying".

REMUS
14-09-03, 14:40
thats an assumption not a fact crash, but i can see your perspective.

Darth Slayer
14-09-03, 14:44
Yep the latest SPY PA debacle has proved that, would the last person leaving Neocron please turn of the lights.

Ascension
14-09-03, 14:49
DELETE ME^^:eek:

BlackDove
14-09-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

Hehehehehe...good one.

*tries to watch the game around him die*

Hmm still standing. You don't know what a dead game is O.o Check Freespace2. That's a dead game.

SigmaDraconis
14-09-03, 15:29
nono..Mechwarrior 3 is a dead game...

anyway..this game isnt dead..but its far, VERY far from thriving...

Style
14-09-03, 15:35
why is it whenever you post something thats true about helen she comes back with a sentence which is meaninless?

the pot

huh??

REMUS
14-09-03, 15:43
what a pile of shit , you guys rubbish and degrade this threadin random bull shit, i give up :(

Erinyes
14-09-03, 16:42
Multiplayer games are much like living organisms, sometimes they thrive and sometimes they wain.

They also like living organisms in another way; they start to die as soon as they are born, but with nurturing, like any other organism, they can overcome adverse conditions and thrive for awhile.

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but if you believe the game is dying, and don't want to help it thrive at least a little bit, get the fuck out. No to mention that Pluto is not the central focus of this game,nor are your peak hours the same as everyone elses.

I just enjoyed a night of playing with significantly more than 40 players. Maybe its just Pluto dying.

Doc Holliday
14-09-03, 18:46
well we seem to be gettin a hell of a lot of people popping up on uranus who go oh im so and so from pluto or i have x char on pluto......... we seem to be gettin a few of the vets from uranus goin to saturn too and lots of twats seem to be comin over from saturn also :mad: so maybe folks need a change of scenery to keep em entertained. o_O