PDA

View Full Version : Discussion about how to fix drone bugs

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 04:40
Allright...

Perhaps KK's a bit too busy to concern themselves about drone bugs, even though it seems that the droners have universally experinced drone bugs, indicating problems in their coding.

So once again, it's up to the community to figure this out.

Let's list the drone bugs, then suggest what might cause them/what could be done to fix them... I speak of hard-wired solutions, not little workabouts like relogging or using some other weapon in the hope it fixes itself.

Camera Bug Upon Exiting:
-Cause: (tentative) Game forgets previous user-defined camera mode.
-Solution: Code checks previous user-defined camera mode (first person/thrid person straight ahead view) and makes sure camera changes to it.

SL Loss In Non-PK situations:
-Cause: Might be because the drone doesn't share the droner's status (I.E - drone not teamed when droner is, or drone does not share LE status when droner is LE'ed).
-Solution: Could be fixed by stricter status sharing.

Drone Disappearing On Launch:
-Cause: (tentative) Could be lag, lost packets, or something server-related, since the return of the drone (on floor) suggests this.
-Solution: (tentative) Let clientside go ahead and go into drone view and try to shoot a few things, server/client can negotiate once things link up properly.

Drone Lost If Near Objects/Walls, also aka Drone Stuck On Surfaces:
-Cause: Bad clipping code, I think.
-Solution: Stricter clipping coding.

Drone Won't Launch:
-Cause: ?
-Solution: ?

Um... sorry, that's all I can think of atm... Please, let's all discuss it.

Calmly, and without any snide remarks directed at a certain game company (aside from me :D)

Callash
13-09-03, 05:02
/sticky'ed

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 05:07
I think my droner launcher (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72882) idea might really help out droners. Make a device that launches said type of drone and uses a cheaper more easily produced type of ammo. Like a PN launcher rare, instead of the PN drone itself. And the launcher can have slots.

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 05:20
:eek: Wow... I think that's the first thread that I've started to be sticky'ed... Thanks Callash.

Anyways... as I said, Shadow, the drone launcher's a nice idea, but let's keep it simple and straightforward, that way, it's more likely we'll be able to crack down on the droner bugs (plus, I doubt the drone launcher would fix ANY of it)

Anyone figured out what causes that "Drone Won't Launch" problem? I'm having the devil of a time trying to figure it out..

Unlikely to be lag or whatever along that line, because it happens when everything else is going fine (I.E, my droner getting killed by a mob while I try to whip it out :p ).

Shadow Dancer
13-09-03, 05:22
Oops, I thought this thread was about how to improve droners in general not just droner bugs. sorry.

:o

JiNxY
13-09-03, 05:29
MR Rockets go through mobs:

Third person view (with non AoE drone): does NO damage to target:

Fatal while droning often makes drone vanish:
-Cause: i guess wether it vanishes or drops is determined by the fatal you just encountered.
-Solution: sounds stupid, but always make it drop on a fatal :/

you can go over the zone line with drones, meaning u cant collect them, or in some cases go Under the zone:
-Cause: bad zone clipping
-Solution: when a drone is dropped past zone point, put it on the zone line

while droning you cant see faction chat:
-Cause: a bodge in the code :p
-Solution: very simple im sure

No team xp when you body is away from team:
-Cause: the drone is not in the team
-Solution: make droner the parent object with the drone a child object of droner? and allow drone to 'collect' the xp.

Hurting Team mate - SL hit:
same problem as above, the drone isnt in the team.
-Solution: make droner the parent object with the drone a child object of droner?

when you drop a drone on some things, such as the floor of yo's at syncon / the wall at hack room at simmons / one of the big watch towers in J_03 or J_06, the drone drops through and onto floor below
-Cause: bad clipping again
-Solution: thats up to you guys....

lets not forget, droners need these bugs fixing, but as shadow just said, we need help in general aswell :D

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 05:38
MR Rockets go through mobs:

#1 - Improve MR rocket tracking or give MR rockets proximity triggering (non-AoE, but when it gets near its target, it explodes and damage is assessed on the target)

#2 - Disable third person when droning (no possible practical use for third-person in drone view)

JiNxY
13-09-03, 05:47
some guys i know use third person for kamis.

not that we use kamis that often anyway O_o

i was about to point out the basic flaws in kamis, but i'll stay on topic :)

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 05:53
Oh, no, discuss kamis, perhaps they might have some bugs that're underpowering the kamis.

Ehyuko
13-09-03, 06:51
Oh, no, discuss kamis, perhaps they might have some bugs that're underpowering the kamis

Alright:

summary: KK drones [as well as all other drone types] have their position displayed incorrectly. The view is where the drone should be, but the actual drone location is anywhere from 0.2 to 1 second behind the displayed position.

Problem: Drone location not displayed correctly
Cause: Server/client data synchonization problem
Solution: Use ONLY client or server to calculate display/location, use the other to approximate location based on velocity/collision/acceleration to act as cheat or data validity checker.

Summary: KK drone damage is also locational dependant, which is bizzare for an AoE weapon, a KK drone detonated while touching or inside a player's head gives the damage bonus headshots normally do, but exploding the KK when NOT touching the head produces a standard AoE damage effect.

Problem: KK drones are AoE weapons, but do damage based on location 'targeted' when fired
Cause: Use of non-AoE damage calculations for initial damage to primary target
Solution: Base damage of drone off ONLY skill, quality and distance from last location of drone

*** non-KK related bugs ***

Problem: Droner losing Soul Light after a player was killed that the droner attacked.
Cause: Engine thinks drone has done damage to player killed/mob gone hostile is now associated with the drone
Solution: Remove/skip soul light and faction sympathy calculations from kills made by mobs

Drone 3rd person view explaination:

This [3rd person view] was fixed by the update that allowed gliders to stop targetting themselves with their weapons, this view now actually has a minor use, it lets the drone fire directly downwards - unfortunately the drone itself takes up 50-70% of the screen meaning you can't see forward at all, just below, to the sides and far ahead of the drone.

You can damage people in 3rd person view now, before it was the drone was not actually targetting the target under the rectical but the drone itself.

Ehyuko
13-09-03, 06:57
Parashock damage, I am unsure if this is a bug or intentional:

Problem: Parashocks [most notably holy paralysis] do extreme damage to drones, example: capped holy paralysis does SLIGHTLY less damage to a drone per shot then holy lightening
Cause: Parashock effect treated as secondary damage type?
Solution: Base damage done to drone by parashocks/freezers by pure damage and not the combined damage/effect

Problem: Drone won't launch - but makes noise as if it actually did launch
Cause: POSSIBLY because droner stat check was incorrect, this bug was reported in november of 2002 [I've lost the thread where I was reading about it, basicly when the person encountered this bug the dex requirement on the drone was greyed out even though he actually did have more then enough dex]

Edit: Found it, here's his description, "But I am a droner, so I try to use drones. I have 64 dex, but 52 and 61 dex drones are unusable 80% of the time cause the dex requirement is grey'd out like I do not have enough dex. Yet they go on screen like I can launch em, gives me launch noise, but does nothing. So about 10% of the time I can actually drone. Which means 90% of the time I am a freaking handycap." http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32360&highlight=drone 2/3 of the way down on page 1.
Solution: ?

Edit again: For those asking droners to be patient... should one YEAR be too long to wait for a bugfix in a game, or should we give up and move on?

Bibz
13-09-03, 07:10
I think that the miss-launch "bug " was an intented "feature" of the drones, i heard somewhere in an old Drone Thread that drones had a chance to miss launch, in that case the drone will reapear after a short period of time

maybe it's only a cover for an unsolved bug or maybe it's really a feature that drones have ...

BTW for the MRs going thru mobs isn't a big deal, the rocket still deal it's damage, it's only the graphix that are f*ck up ... (BTW it was "tested" on a on-shot kill mob (substantial guard) and the only rocket i shot at him got thru but he died so it dealt it's damage but the number didn't appear since there was no "collision")

Ehyuko
13-09-03, 07:17
Actually bibz sometimes the rocket actually doesn't do damage when it goes through creatures which take more then 1 hit to kill, I have experienced this quite a bit with warbots, I've actually hit mobs BEHIND the one targetted rarely when this occurs. It seems much similar to lag/desynching that causes mobs to disappear then reappear.

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 07:19
*Bibz:
Hm... that's interesting to hear, but it might trip up people.

Might as well classify the MR rocket thingie as a "minor bug" and move on to the more deilibating ones first.

*Ehyuko:
Hmm.. it almost sounds like droning is a "tradeskill" similiar to research where you have to massively overspec requirements to prevent failures..... hmmm.....

That should be gotten rid of, if it's true, that "feature". Droning's hard enough as it is already, no need to introduce "hidden" complications.

Ehyuko
13-09-03, 07:30
Hmm.. it almost sounds like droning is a "tradeskill" similiar to research where you have to massively overspec requirements to prevent failures..... hmmm.....

This doesn't seem to be that type of problem... I've been able to launch drones that had higher reqs then some drones that had the launch bug, such as being unable ot launch a kk400, but could launch a pb-20... in the same line of thought I've been unable to launch SPECIFIC pb-20's due to this bug, but other pb-20's have launched with no problem.

Current droner workarounds for this problem are

a) using another weapon/psi spell then going back to the drone giving problems - this sometimes works but not always

b) crouching when launching drones - I've never had this work reliably as a solution but have heard others swear by it.

c) relogging - SOMETIMES works, I've run into times where I logged out, waited a minute, logged back in and STILL couldn't launch, shutdown neocron and restarted it, still couldn't launch, rebooted my computer, was dead on the floor, but could launch after I respawned.

Oh, another bug:

Problem: Drone unable to move after being launched
Cause: Drone's hitbox is differently shaped then the runner causing it to be stuck in walls, barriers near the droner's body but not close enough to effect the droner's movements
Solution: lower spawnheight of drone [usually caused by drone 'antennae' being within an object above or slightly beside the droner].

Distaria
13-09-03, 10:58
Sometimes I switch to a drone, and you don't actually see it, but your reticle gets all funky. I can usually still launch, then everything's fine. That and the bug where you "fire"(click) to launch and nothing happens, but I've gotten that as a monk too, sometimes spells just won't fire until I switch to something else and back.

craio
13-09-03, 13:28
1)Being dropped fast when hitting a ceiling
info: Sometimes when ya hit a ceiling (even if barely hitting) -for instance in the grave - the drone drops to the floor like suddenly tremendous amount of gravity.
Cause : euh,clipping again?
solution: ?

2)RK type displayed as an MR type when flying
Info : if ya look at a flying rk type drone you'll notice that its hitbox sais MR-type drone
Cause : typo somewhere?
Solution: fix typo

3)getting invisible damage
info : sometimes drones get hit without the fact that you see that you are hit (fe a bullet hit you)
cause : maybe lag on damag that should have been received earlier of damage that has been dealt but the action isnt happening on the screen yet .
Solution : ?

4)not getting reward for kill when reload was needed
info: often when ya switch drones while killing a mob you'll only receive reward for the damage done by the last drone not the first,or when ya launch the same drone as someone else the other one nearly kills it and drops his drone and you kill it then you sometimes get all the reward.
Cause : Maybe the game sometimes considers different drones different players.
Solution : Maybe ad a tag to each drone so the game can check who's the owner.

5)actual RoF and shown RoF aint the same
info: not sure if this correct but i dont notice any difference between a drone with a certain rof and the same drone but with a higher rof
cause: ?
Solution:?

6)RG type description talks about rockets...
not really a bug but just an incorrect discription

7)range of PLC type is bugged
info : dont think its narmoal that a drone could fly a couple times te length of a zone when even a PN cant fly the whole length
Cause: ?

8)scout drone is considered a weapon although it can be launched in plaza
Cause: ?

9)Stuck to the ground when hitting it at a certain angle.
info :sometimes it seems that the drone is glued to the floor when hitting it,while a drone hovers and has a shield so the shouldnt be able to happen.
Cause : clipping again?

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 16:04
*craio:

- cause: hugely exaggerated collision reaction when hitting ceilings.
-solution: reduce or remove collision bounces when drone hits ceilings.

- cause: yeah, might be typo.
- solution: yep, editing needed.

- cause: I've heard lag bandied about in reference to this problem. But might be graphics problems.
- solution: possibly tighter netcode (against the lag) or stricter graphic processes when in droning view.

- cause: Yes, it does seem that drones aren't as tightly tied to the droner as they should be.
- solution: again, stricter stat sharing between drones and droner.

- cause: Yes, sorta noticed that. I think it's bad info editing, but might be faulty TL-based progression in object assignment.
- solution: Drones need going-over to check this out.

- cause: considering that the PLC series are fairly weak in relation to other drones, it might've been put in to make them more attractive to low WPW droners.
- solution: ?

- cause: Yeah, copbots might have scout drones pegged as weapons or at least, competition in the surviellance department.
- solution: Either remove from copbot KOS list or give the scout drones a 20 second window to fly-by before getting shot (sorta stealthiness, but might also be "common-sense" reasoning - if it just flies by, it's following something else, if it's hanging around, it might be spying on security layouts) )

- cause: Oh, yes, I've had that problem, and it's not just angle, it's if a drone hits the ground at ANY speed, it sticks to the ground for an inordinately long time (5-6 sec - lethal in any violent situation). Almost certainly clipping.
- solution: stricter clipping code (hell, just make clipping really strict so NOTHING passes through NOTHING unless explictly permitted, then we'd get a LOT more problems fixed overall, not just drones, but also turrets hidden in OP walls/boxes, runners stuck in other runners, etc!)

*about kamis, KK might have coded them that way so kamis have more complexity to them than just "fly them to a group and go boomboom". That's an odd way of operating though, I will say.

Voodoochicken
13-09-03, 17:13
*Drone not launching:*

There could be 2 or more different bugs causing drones not to launch.

One might be a bug with skill bonuses from implants/drugs not being applied properly.

-Your drones aren't greyed out, but for some reason NONE of them will launch

The other might be linked to the bug that prevents you from using psi spells.

-Only one drone seems to be affected, but always fixes if you launch/drop a different drone (ie.. one that actually works) first.

Or, perhaps it's a bug to do with the condition remaining on a drone?

-I guess when a drone is launched, there is a check to test it has enough condition remaining. This could be messing up.

*A helpful (and old) bug:*

Sometimes a drone's condition cycles around back to 120%. ie. you end up with conditions of 120/68, intead of 0/68, etc.

iirc.. it happens if the drone just has enough condition left to reach 0% when launched. (maybe)

-solution: make drones much more disposable, ie. very cheap + one use only and/or implement one of the drone launcher ideas. ;)

*wrt the Advanced Plasma drone's range:*

I'm pretty sure this is bugged, because there is a massive leap from the range of the lower TL plasma drones to this one.

8|

Range: 1758675 (m241324) --- how the range is displayed in info, yes, the 'm' is inside the bracket.

So, a range of over a million when the drone isn't even maxed. The nearest competitor has a maxed range of about 31000.

*No ammo*

Drone info doesn't say how much (or what type of) damage the drone does.

ie. it simply says Ammo/Damage

-Cause: Based on the same template as weapons, but drones don't have ammo clips, so therefore it doesn't display ammo/damage info. grrr.

-fix: Drone launcher that uses ammo to make the drones/ create ammo for drones. :eek:

either way.. I expect the drone code would have to be changed quite a bit (?)

*No weapon range for drones/misc info "bugs"*

-You only get numbers for the travel range of the drone, not the range of the weapon.

-The stats listed in info aren't really appropriate for most drones, eg. "recoil"

-Fire mode on advanced plasma drone is listed as "force", etc.

ambrsia
13-09-03, 17:22
bug:drone drops down when moving over that lattice metal stuff in the aggressor basement.
so do the aggies come to think of it(expolters!)

solution:change all the lattice fencing to the square walkway stuff that you can fly on.

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 18:34
actually, ambrisia, I think that's a clipping problem as well.

Heh heh, I remember a while ago when my monk was rather new and I hunted with a couple buddies (yep, cyma and that other guy), I was in one of the abandoned cellars (the plaza three one, right by the grs) and one fateful day I and the other guy just went right through those metal meshes. Boy... cool for a while (you guys really should look under the cellars) but then we got panicky because back then the ladders in the water were just decorative and we couldnt get out (we didn't know reset pos until someone told us, lol)

Mainly fixed now, I think, but if aggies and drones are falling through the meshes, then the clipping problems need to be re-examined.

Keyol45743241
13-09-03, 19:20
Problem: Your Drones move like being controlled by a drunken nerd on other peoples clients.
Cause: Server only calculates and displays an average of all the movements you did. Or have you ever seen a drone bounce on a wall at an angle to gain height quickly? That makes it easy to hit it, especially for Point&Click Monkehs. If you lag just a little while fighting, it will literally freeze the drone in midair as a .... hovering duck.
Solution: more polls for the drone position.

Problem: Hitting moving targets with a Kami is next to impossible.
Cause: The server gets only coordinates where the droner hit the button and will explode it there accordingly on all connected clients. Due to the fact that the information where the target is has to travel to the server and then to the droners client will leave you out in the rain.

Solution A: clientside hit calculation
Solution B: Implement Kamidrones with a really shortranged "high energy laser which will destroy itself when being used because the crystals burn out or whatever" which will work just like a particle drone and does damage the autoaim way. Crappy solution, tho, I really enjoy things go BOOOM!
Solution C: Enlarge the AOE
Solution D: Implement secondary freeze effect - that way the follow up Kami would have a chance of hitting at least.

Problem: If you explode a Kami, you won't get so see a result.
Solution: for a few seconds after the explosion switch to an external cam which displays the target area. Make it be "klick away"-able

Problem: You can't do shit against a PPU. Or an army which sports a single PPU. A second Kami will arrive just to show you that he healed everything up to max again and laughs at your face.
Solution A: Nerf it. To hell.
Solution B: Make it either shelter or deflector, not both at the same time.
Solution C: Remove it from the game completely.

Problem: Stealthers are unkillable if they're not stupid as hell.
Solution: Dunno.

Problem: Vehicles can help finding a droner in a short time.
Solution: Remove the Droner out of the local list.

Problem: Scout Drones are funneh but useless.
Solution: Make them capable of hearing the local chat in the area where they actually are

Problem: People can simply zone away from drones and reenter the sector elsewhere.... or simply hide from you where you can't follow.
Solution: Allow drones to zone?

Problem: The 3 shot burst mode of the particle nemesis is way too slow, it keeps grounding a lot of the shots.
Solution: Make it one powerful beam instead of three lesser.

Problem: Tankehs can run as fast as a particle nemesis. Even in PA.
Solution: Raise the speed of drones to 150% of the maximum runspeed. Maybe make it skill dependant.

Problem: Inertia makes fighting in close quarters and built up areas impossible
Solution: None - give us advantages somewhere else. People should FEAR a droner like they would if not everybody and his brother would run around with shelter or a rezzer.

Problem: Holy Lightning takes away about half my Particle Nemesis health at an incredible distance - and it's easy to aim since its only point&click.
Solution: Make Drones more resistant to energy... it makes sense that energy damage hurts them most, don't get me wrong, but half the hitpoints for the only PvP drone available is rather ridiculous.

Problem: Drones suck.
Solution: Make drones do way more damage, make them bigger, maybe even make some that only walk or drive, but make them be feared - if you don't find the meat body hidden in the area.

Cerebus
13-09-03, 20:10
Originally posted by ambrsia
bug:drone drops down when moving over that lattice metal stuff in the aggressor basement.
so do the aggies come to think of it(expolters!)

solution:change all the lattice fencing to the square walkway stuff that you can fly on.

I think that this isn't the lattice that is the problem but the water below it. Drones drop out of the sky over water, and having the lattice between them and the water makes no difference.

Just a thought.

ambrsia
13-09-03, 21:00
i mean replace the dimond lattice
/\
\/

with the square one
_
|_|

but only on the floor

get it

no need to fix any clipin stuff

just change the floor so it's all the square floor istead of some square and some lattice it's all square.

the lattice iss ok for fence(walls) but not floors

oh my point is that there is square walkway over water already.

and u can hover on it with bo problem.

and yes i am putting it in laymans terms:angel:

Heraclitus
13-09-03, 22:49
Tightening the clipping is probably the most important thing that has been dealt with in depth already. Here are a few more:

-Problem: Runners can destroy drones with impugnity regardless of faction.
-Solution: Drones already have a faction tag (I assume to let other runners know who's side they're on) allow a SL and sypmathy loss for destruction of allied drones, but maybe only half the penalty of killing an actual runner.

-Problem (as stated before): Drones are not horribly costly (thankfully) but they do cost a lot of time and effort.
-Solution: Considering that droners miss out on at least 3/4 of the loot, drones should be cloneable, but require the same weapon parts in the process as there are to make it. Basically you put a recycling tool (or maybe a special drone cloning tool specific to droners) in the first processor slot, the drone in the second, and the WPs in the rest. One drone of identical condition and quality will appear. Thus, if you want a new type of drone or desire higher quality out of your drones you still need to seek out a constructor, but they only need to make 1 rather than 5 or 10 or whatever. I've had several constructors and researchers whine to me and begin to demand extra money because of the difficulty in ressing/constructing drones. This leads me to another point...

-Problem: Drone TLs are WAY too high especially considering damage dealt.
-Solution: This could go one of two ways. Up damage so that a TL 102 drone is comensurate with a TL 102 rifle. Or lower TLs of drones so that the PB20 and all the other drones are the same TLs as similar-damaging weapons. I'm of the opinion that this second way will require a few more drones to fill the gap ot the rares (which I think is needed anyway) so it can be considered "the hard road". To be honest eiither solution works for me.

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 02:22
Drones cannot be equal to rifles - that'd massively overpower them. But yes, a general 10% or so raise in drone damage would help a lot.

Cloning drones doesn't sit well with me... Perhaps make it so that ressing/building drones isn't as hard as it is now... perhaps by making a special TL curve for making drones so it becomes easier than it is now.

Yeah, primary problems in so many cases relates to clipping. The clipping in the game is just, so... ugh.

Realism in the game would be vastly increased with stricter clipping, too - no object merging, no bodies in the walls, no losing belts/drones when they're dropped near walls, etc etc!

Scikar
14-09-03, 02:35
Just a small point - I think the RoF displayed on a drone's info window is actually its speed. The RoF of the drone does increase with your skill, but the RoF displayed in the window is its speed.

Ehyuko
14-09-03, 03:01
Problem: Drone tag displaying incorrectly - from no tag beyond drone type to tag of random rank/clan/faction
Cause: ? Doesn't seem to be lag, as this is can consistantly happen over an hours period with otherwise no lag/errors occuring.
Solution: Validate drone parent upon launch

JiNxY
14-09-03, 03:25
also had that one ehyuko, quite a few times, very annoying for people trying to kill the drones, and the droners themselves.

when you see no faction on a drone you have to wait till it shoots you to know if its hostile, also having my drones blown up at op fights by my own guys is rather annoying..

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 03:54
I think it has to do with the distance between droner <---> drone since it only happens if you're far away from your body. Just as the infamous PB20 bug which wouldn't let you aim at the drone.

The Vulgarian
14-09-03, 04:17
Ok, new bug:

Sometimes when you launch a drone, your RPOS changes to the drone camera view but you movement feels like you were still controlling your character. At the same time, your meat body model changes to a random monster.
I haven't experimented with this too much in fear of breaking something permanently, but at least you can get your meat body back by launching another drone.
After a while the mob slowly vanishes and the first drone appears on the ground.

I just started a new droner char a few days ago and this has already happened to me three times.
I've also noticed that every time the monster "placeholder" seemed to be from the current zone's spawn table. o_O

Anybody else had this happen to them?

StryfeX
14-09-03, 06:54
Limited Point of View:
--Problem: Drones have a very limited point of view. You can only look up and down at roughly 60-70 degree angles.
--Solution: Make drones be able to look straight down and up.

Drone Inertia:
--Problem: Controlling a fast moving drone is damn near impossible.
--Solution: Add a retro boost effect to drones so when you actually stop accelerating, the retro booster kicks in and you stop automatically in a very short amount of time.

Height Control:
--Problem: No dedicated controls for moving a drone up or down.
--Solution: Make controls to do that. Default keys could be [Space] for going up and [Shift] for going down. Also make drones have a higher natural ceiling without using the "look down and go backwards" trick.

Clipping:
--Problem: Trying to get a drone into a small crevice is like trying to drive a tank into a one-car garage.
--Solution: Make the clipping box on drones smaller.

Targetting of Drones:
--Problem: While the hitboxes of drones are fairly large and make the recticle of those targetting them shrink faster (assuming they use guns), you still have to aim ONLY at the dead center of the drone to get the recticle to appear at all.
--Solution: Make the hitbox of the drone no bigger than the physical size of the drone, but make the drone targettable by targetting any part of it, not just the dead center.

Drone/Wall Collision:
--Problem: When your drone hits a wall even at very slow speeds, it will rebound like it hit the wall going at 80 miles per hour.
--Solution: Fix the damn physics engine controlling drones and their collision detection.

Water:
--Problem: When you float over water, you instantly start dropping towards the water. If you touch the water, you have to either drop the drone or kiss it goodbye.
--Solution: As long as the water is not too deep (say 1 or 2 meters max?), let the drone stay on top of it.

Maintaining Height from Differently Elevated Surfaces:
--Problem: Say you're hovering 1 meter off the floor. You come to a 2 meter drop. As soon as you go over the ledge, your drone drops to 1 meter off that floor, instead of maintaining (assuming the drone had a ceiling at or greater than 3 meters) a 3 meter height.
--Solution: A combination of things. First, make drone's hover heights be something respectible. Second, add some coding that would allow a drone to maintain it's height over differently elevated surfaces (again, assuming the drone had a height ceiling capable of maintaining the preffered elevation.)

Low TL drones too Weak:
--Problem: The low TL drones die in 1 or 2 hits from very low level mobs, like small sewer rats.
--Solution: Increase the armor value on the low TL drones.

That's all I can think of at the moment. All this is from a guy who used drones only up to dex 30. o_O :lol:

--Stryfe

Heavyporker
14-09-03, 14:25
actually, I think drones should be anonymous. Yeah, it leads to certain complications, but that ca be surpassed with proper team communciation.

Darth Slayer
14-09-03, 14:41
Not a bug but something worthy of notice
No droner PA
Solution Quit game.
Sorry guys this has major pissed me off to the point I'm considering quitting and please please don't get me started on the next useless 'RARE' drone KK are releasing.
Why should our chosen class be always put to the back of the queue for any nice stuff eh ?
As for well the Neochronicle don't hold your breath for any of these promised rigger items aluded too in the interview. It's only to keep us placated nothing will come of it......:mad:

The Vulgarian
14-09-03, 15:02
So quit the damn game and stop pissing on this thread!

The long over-due fixing of the droning bugs is much more important
than one PA.

Besides, why would you need a power ARMOR for droning when your body is usually nowhere near the fight. O_o
Droning helmet or something like that would be more appropriate.

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Not a bug but something worthy of notice
No droner PA
Solution Quit game.
Sorry guys this has major pissed me off to the point I'm considering quitting and please please don't get me started on the next useless 'RARE' drone KK are releasing.
Why should our chosen class be always put to the back of the queue for any nice stuff eh ?
As for well the Neochronicle don't hold your breath for any of these promised rigger items aluded too in the interview. It's only to keep us placated nothing will come of it......:mad:

Droners have survived this far without "stuff" so why should a few more weeks, or even months, be different?

If you're that pissed then leave, gives more room to the dedicated Droners that don't need "boosts" to prove their worthiness in combat.

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 16:17
I loathe the decision to not give the droners a PA of their own. I wanna show off, too. And not with a pussy Rifle PA but a very own Droner PA which screams "I AM AS UNIQUE AS IT GETS IN NC - SHOW ME SOME RESPECT"

Besides in the German forum the questionaire sucked - if you looked really close it was 120 ppls for a R-C PA and 74 for both, the RCL and the P-C PA.... so nowhere near a clear and obvious community vote.

And besides that, there WAS a fair choice for all of the Spys! One with weaponlore and one with willpower, it just wouldn't be in the Dex realm. And every combat spy has weaponlore above 100....
Droners have survived this far without "stuff" so why should a few more weeks, or even months, be different?I play a droner since retail start and am argueably one of the best droners if not THE best on jupiter. And I am starting to get seriously pissed at beeing cared for last. Do you really think they meant to give the stealthers a carte blance vs droners in a wasteland combat situations? The only thing a droner excels? Or at last is supposed to excel? Due to inertia and the fact that a stealther can heal himself while stealthed Droners are seriously fooked if the stealther isn't stupid. And I am not only talking about the big stealth devices, the puny little I suffices.

So much for the PA.....

-Problem: When a droner is in a drone and another player gets invited into the team (by +t name or another team member), you can hear the new player but he can't hear you.
-Cause: Well, I am completely clueless here.
-Solution: rework chat maybe?

Carinth
14-09-03, 16:36
My biggest beef with drones is the lag. You can be attacking a drone and then suddenly it stops midair and nomatter how many times you try to hit it, you fizzle or miss. What's actualy happening is the drone is off somewhere else, you're targeting empty air. However until your client gets an update on the drone's position it's just hoverin there. Once it does reset tho, the drone is suddenly way off in some other direction and already healed itself. This gives droners a really unfair getaway free card. I can't tell you how many drones have escaped me because of this bug.

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 16:55
And I can't tell you how many drones died because they froze in midair and could be shot by every st00pid CS tankeh with a trackball to aim with.

If you would have read the posts in this thread more closely you would have seen the request for more coordinate polls which will after all fix this with it. But you will not like it, then you will have to aim as fast as the drone actually flies and compensate for the maneuvers - or when was the last time you have seen a drone bounce of a wall at full speed to gain height quickly?

And for the "unfair advantage" - You can stealth can you? Oh you can't.. then you have to point&click and do more than 50% damage to it with a single holy lightning. Not? Then you hardly notice a drone shooting you, since it takes a few tanks to actually bring you into trouble. Not? Then you must be a tank who can run as fast as the drone flies and can simply zone or hide in a building.

Darth Slayer
14-09-03, 17:03
Helen go and stick your oar in elsewhere.

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 17:05
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Helen go and stick your oar in elsewhere.

Hmm, no.

I've been a Droner for a long, LONG time and I've been more than capable of surviving without all the freebies and stuff other classes get.

I can be deadly effective in PVP, Op Wars and PVM...just requires a bit of thought.

If things like Power Armour are that important to you, why not just roll a Tank or something?

Carinth
14-09-03, 17:15
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
And I can't tell you how many drones died because they froze in midair and could be shot by every st00pid CS tankeh with a trackball to aim with.

If you would have read the posts in this thread more closely you would have seen the request for more coordinate polls which will after all fix this with it. But you will not like it, then you will have to aim as fast as the drone actually flies and compensate for the maneuvers - or when was the last time you have seen a drone bounce of a wall at full speed to gain height quickly?

And for the "unfair advantage" - You can stealth can you? Oh you can't.. then you have to point&click and do more than 50% damage to it with a single holy lightning. Not? Then you hardly notice a drone shooting you, since it takes a few tanks to actually bring you into trouble. Not? Then you must be a tank who can run as fast as the drone flies and can simply zone or hide in a building.

No need to get offensive, I'm just posting a bug, which is the purpose of this thread. I'm a ppu monk so drones dont bother me at all, but they do bother my team. So it's in my best interests to kill them. It is an unfair advantage when your drone can get away because of a lag bug. Theres no reason why I wouldn't have gotten off the last shot needed to kill a drone... except that it's not where my screen says it is.

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 17:16
So Helen, tell me - unless you PK levlers or newbies..... what do you do efficiently with drones at the moment in the PvP realm? PPUs are unkillable, Apus kill drones with two HL (incidentally, that is what it takes for my body, too - with the big energy belt I might add.) but can be fought - but when do you meet an army of lone APUs? :rolleyes: Stealthers are unkillable.... that leaves tanks. Thats about it. But when your enemy brings a PPU to the fight, you're useless beyond killing the freshly rezzed ones far behind the enemy lines.

Ehyuko
14-09-03, 17:20
Please people this is for droner bugs, not balance [which is also out of wack].

Problem: Inviting people to team while in drone - Player can accept team invite but is not added to the droner's team
Cause: Likely due to the player invited being added to the DRONE'S team [which can't have one thus fails automaticly], not the droner's.
Solution: Any effect the drone causes, such as cash for killing mobs, SL hits for killing non-enemy factions, teaming xp radius should be forwarded to the droner but based on the drone [and it's location].

Keyol45743241
14-09-03, 17:31
Ehuyko, that is the same problem for the teamchat I already mentioned. You can hear him in team chat but he can't hear you.

Besides, I'd like the drone to be the team representative of the droner himself - that should resolve a lot of bugs - and with it, it would include a tag where your teams drone flies, if it is close enough.

StryfeX
14-09-03, 22:35
Damnit people... Keep things on topic about drone bugs and possible solutions to those bugs.

In this thread, having or not having PA is irrelevant.

@Helen, I'm not much of a fan of yours, but please, for the sake of the thread, please stop trolling and baiting people, e.g. Darth Slayer.

@Darth Slayer, this thread is about drone bugs and solutions to those bugs, as stated above. NOT an open invitation to vent about not getting PA.

I don't want to see this thread get un-sticky'd, deleted, or closed simply because a few people decided they absolutely HAD to vent about stupid stuff that doesn't apply to this thread.

On topic: Just how many bugs have we thought of that deal directly with the team/LE issue? I think that one might be a prime candidate for getting worked on first, since it seems to be a part of/cause of so many other bugs.

--Stryfe

Darth Slayer
15-09-03, 00:31
@ StryfeX sorry mate was angry at the time and now calmed down it will not happen again. Pretty much most of the bugs I've experienced have been covered here and a lot brainer people than myself can come up with the answers...:)

@Helen..................... I have nothing at all to say to you......:p

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 11:45
Are we getting to any conclusions here or not?
Kinda feels like SOME people *cough cough* just gets us off topic.

Brammers
15-09-03, 14:10
Heavy Poker got all the bugs that I know of, one to add to the list.

If you are teamed, you loose SL and FS if one of the team-members dies. This happens if you just accidently touched them or got them with splash damage from AoE drones.

[Edit} Ahh it's been listed.

Jolt
15-09-03, 17:50
Originally posted by Carinth
My biggest beef with drones is the lag. You can be attacking a drone and then suddenly it stops midair and nomatter how many times you try to hit it, you fizzle or miss. What's actualy happening is the drone is off somewhere else, you're targeting empty air. However until your client gets an update on the drone's position it's just hoverin there. Once it does reset tho, the drone is suddenly way off in some other direction and already healed itself. This gives droners a really unfair getaway free card. I can't tell you how many drones have escaped me because of this bug.

It happens the other way to, im attacking someone with a drone by the genrep doin no dmg to them and the next thing i know there inside the OP.

Benjie
15-09-03, 23:17
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - don't post exploits on the forums ]

BUG: Drones can often grant runners access to Graphical Glitch bugs that they would overwise not be able to see. One example is the mirror in plaza level 2 appartments.
SOLLUTION: I don't think this is that important. I wouldn't bother wasting time fixing it. Seriously.

Heavyporker
16-09-03, 02:07
Okay then, we probably have the vast majority of drone bugs listed here... and potential solutions for most of them...

Is there anything further that we can go with this, other than having hard code listed or something?

Benjie
16-09-03, 02:46
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Okay then, we probably have the vast majority of drone bugs listed here... and potential solutions for most of them...

Is there anything further that we can go with this, other than having hard code listed or something?

No. I think this will just be a bit helpfull to kk for when they get enough staff to seriously crack down on bug fixes, because there is no way that reakktor would release code to us/you/anyone. I reccomend you just wait.

Bosk
16-09-03, 06:08
Problem: When a droner dies in an anarchy zone he loses an item in his quickbelt AND the drone he was flying. That's TWO things!!

Solution: Include the droner's active weapon in the calculation that determines which item will be dropped in the quickbelt (just like everyone else). Take into consideration which slot it was launched from. Launching from the safe slot would ensure that the drone wouldn't be lost unless it was destroyed by combat.

Jaggeh
16-09-03, 17:10
1) i love being a droner

2) i hate being a droner

1) i love being able to solo nearly any mob in the game from around level 26, since ive had a droner char since retail release i know a lot of ways to fight with them that makes it a bit easier.

2) i hate that when im teamed to get some decent xp and go into a major hunt (chaos cave, grave, cristal caves etc) i always get sl loss, for a stray shot here and a muppet running in front of my crosshairs there (not looking at anyone in particular syko ;) ).i went to -21 sl last night and spent all morning today doing misions cos i also found out i was on -48 sympathy.

and this happens every time i go hunting.

Heavyporker
16-09-03, 17:26
Hmm.. maybe, just to point out what we really want fixed, right off, we should choose the most delibitating droner bug.

In my opinion, it has to be the droning cash reward thing. Where you don't get full cash when you kill a mob. IF that was fixed, then I bet we droners wuoldn' have nearly as much money problems.

The second worst issue has to be that camera problem, because it drives me up the wall, and can be lethal if you're in a bad spot.

The third worst issue might be the SL/symp thing, because that can hobble you long-term if you run into a bad rash, aside from the constant mission-working just so you can stay in the same freaking faction! All the others are on the level of annoyances, I think.

JiNxY
16-09-03, 21:36
I also feel that the drone not being able to launch bug/feature
DRRDDRRDDRRDDRRDDRRR :p is a big problem, i get killed by alot of warbots because of this (when they spawn on me)
and renders me 100% useless untill i zone/relog.

i know other classes get this bug say when they've just been rezzed, or after GR'ing somewhere and it seems their imps dont activate properly to allow use of the weapon (although its not grey'ed out) but droners get it randomly, any time, any place.
which is a definate disadvantage IMO.

Keyol45743241
16-09-03, 22:27
If you can't launch, switch to another drone type and back again. This is just a workaround but it works..... and its way to slow for a quick lifesaving drone launch, especially for a follow up Kami. That is where it usually happens to me.

-Problem: On certain drones you can see the "light" of the exhaust port, especially when you fly backwards. That is especially obvious with Scout and Kami drones.
-Cause: Probably the enlarged hitbox, never happened before they were enlarged
-Solution: Dunno, if they want to keep the hitbox size as it is.

-Problem: Third Person Mode on a drone will show the hitbox of your own drone
-Cause: As above.
-Solution: As above.

A word of advice.... do NOT press the mouse button through the desk when a kami won't launch. It positively will launch and explode in the most inoportune and hillarious moment known to mankind - like blow you and your bike up.

Good thing is, anyone who witnesses that will drop a belt when they die laughing..... :rolleyes:

Ehyuko
17-09-03, 02:09
Heavyporker

In my opinion, it has to be the droning cash reward thing. Where you don't get full cash when you kill a mob. IF that was fixed, then I bet we droners wuoldn' have nearly as much money problems.

In my opinion it's the cost of replacing the drones and the number of losses due to errors encountered rather then losing 400nc, or even 2.7k nc, one drone easily costs 2k not including any time or labour expenses. For how often I take a slight cash hit from a single mob [which may be once an hour for me], I generally lose many more drones to errors, lag or destruction. THIS is my cause of lack of funds.

Keyol45743241

If you can't launch, switch to another drone type and back again

This does not always work, as I've posted earlier this SOMETIMES works, but not dependably. Other methods are crouching and launching or using an entirely different weapon type [pistol, psi spell, rifle, melee], again these do not always work repeatibly.

Problem: Third Person Mode on a drone will show the hitbox of your own drone

This problem was fixed in the last patch, it was the fix for the glider self target [same problem for vehicles], the drone still takes up a large percentage of the forward view [making this mode almost useless] but it IS possible to fire directly down now - even if you can't see anywhere but directly down, far ahead and to the rear slightly.

R.S.Savage
17-09-03, 20:50
drones cant fly over water.....why?

Keyol45743241
17-09-03, 20:52
Because you suck? Mine can do it easily, they just die if they touch the surface.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 21:11
well, it's something about the clipping of the drone and the surface of the water... just getting anywhere near water fucks you up... But I have successfully flown over water - just make sure you have PLENTY of altitude over it.

I won't deny I have long thought about land-walking and water-swimming drones, but that'd be off-topic.

Maybe third person in drone view should have the camera farther back, that way, the drone won't take up as much of the screen? Might make it a BIT mroe viable.... ehhh.

What about writing the program code so it learns to recognize fatals and crashes - NOT disconnects, and so, would return the drone back to your inventory when it happens? That might solve A FREAKING LOT of our problems... Hell, even with abusers, the benefit would far outweight the small unfairness as it would seem to naysayers.

Who likes that auto-return idea in case of fatal/crash?

Keyol45743241
17-09-03, 22:53
too exploitable.... in my opinion.

Just let them drop to the floor to be retrievable when you disconnect/crash. That way you'll be able to retrieve it in a PvM situation.... and PvP eats drones like other people eat chips in front of the tv set anyway, so.... what the hell, one more or less, I don't care.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 23:09
keyol.... lets have the other droners weight in, ok?

craio
17-09-03, 23:17
I dunno about you but i dont know when im gonna crash or fatal.
How can you make the code know it is about the crash when the devs dont -seem- to know why it crashes?

Originally posted by Keyol45743241
too exploitable.... in my opinion.

Just let them drop to the floor to be retrievable when you disconnect/crash. That way you'll be able to retrieve it in a PvM situation.... and PvP eats drones like other people eat chips in front of the tv set anyway, so.... what the hell, one more or less, I don't care.

1)Now how could you exploit that?
2)Drop to the floor (like it is now i gues) isnt usefull because the time needed to log on again is mostly longer then the time that drones/loot lays on the floor and even if you're back on time i wonder if you would go and retrieve the drone when it drops within shooting range of a wb.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 23:30
yeah, and really, who cares about people that somehow figure out to exploit whatever the mechasim would be - they'd only be getting an occasional 10k drone back in the situation that they thought they were gonna lose it. They'd be punished for trying to do so because they'd have to relog back in anyway.

Keyol45743241
17-09-03, 23:48
Porker, you don't seem to drone for long, do you? There WAS a retrieval mechanism if the drone you launched was in slot 1 of your quickbelt. When you used a Kami, it reformed in your QB after exploding.

It was quite funny to bombard Warbots with it, never loosing a single kami. Now imagine what happens when that works with the Original of the new rare Kami? Cap it at minimum Skill requirements.

That mechanism got removed for a reason. Apart from it being totally illogical that it will warp back to your body.

How else can it be exploited? I usually drone at extreme distances. It is way quicker to alt-f4 your client, therefor "crash" it and that way retrieve your drone than to fly it back to your body. Not considering the fact that nobody can follow the drone back to your body - flying evasive maneuvers takes even more time than to fly it back.

Heavyporker
18-09-03, 00:05
I didn't drone at beta or whatever you're referring to. And I am not talking about that exploit that I didn't hear of until now or whatever. I'm sure KK has fixed that.

And I'm sure they can implement a better, smarter retrieval mechanism.

If need be, have the server pilot the drone back to your last known location if you crash. Hence, people can still track you.

Call it the drone's auto-return protocol. So there, end of matter.

Keyol45743241
18-09-03, 00:46
Err..... that was quite far into retail, just after they nerfed the normal Kami after I blew a 9 man team to hell with a single shot.

And if the server pilots the drone it positively will get stuck somewhere on the way... just look at the mob KI. Why make it difficult if it could be simple? They tried a retrival mechanism, they failed and removed it again. Why the hassle of coding a lot of stuff if you can have it way easier:

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 04:24
If you push a droners body over a zone line it throws them into black synch and causes them to crash out....

they basicaly lose all synch with the server...

solution.. super glue droners to the floor when they are droning..

Brammers
18-09-03, 11:42
Not a big show stopper but IMHO it would be great if this could be fixed.

If you do a CTRL-ALT-F6 while in non-drone view, the RPOS and all disappear, great for screenshots or movies :)

However when you launch the drone, you get the drone RPOS display, and CTRL-ALT-F6 wont turn it off.

MjrTom
18-09-03, 12:37
So once again, it's up to the community to figure this out.

Camera Bug Upon Exiting:
-Cause: (tentative) Game forgets previous user-defined camera mode.
-Solution: Code checks previous user-defined camera mode (first person/thrid person straight ahead view) and makes sure camera changes to it.

No, the game 'knows' the mode the client is in, because when you Alt-E one time, it toggles the dynamic variable to the wrong value - then when you Alt-E again, it toggles it back to the correct value and sets the proper view.

I guess drones in flight are considered an "external view" because they are not the view of the runner. Maybe either the change to the currently set runner view needs to be moved later on in the sequencing, or after the drone is dropped, there needs to be a more affirmative check of the dynamic variable of what the setting is

SL Loss In Non-PK situations:
-Cause: Might be because the drone doesn't share the droner's status (I.E - drone not teamed when droner is, or drone does not share LE status when droner is LE'ed).
-Solution: Could be fixed by stricter status sharing.

No, drones definatly do have the proper LE/non-LE attribute. You can tell because the drone name is in green in the local list if launched from an LE runner and LE drones are prevented from causing unlawfull damage of any kind.

I'm not not certain about teamed non-LE dromer cases, but it's probably the same as the teamed/unteamed LE case;

If an LE droner pulls the trigger with another runner targetted, having "shot at" that other runner is counted against the droner, even tho no dmg can be done.

There needs to be (better) checking of LE/Teamed status when the drone shoots & when AE dmg is done for the case of teamed non-LE droners.

Drone Disappearing On Launch:
-Cause: (tentative) Could be lag, lost packets, or something server-related, since the return of the drone (on floor) suggests this.
-Solution: (tentative) Let clientside go ahead and go into drone view and try to shoot a few things, server/client can negotiate once things link up properly.

I doubt it because this happens independant of any/all other symptoms of lag. It happens sometimes when absolutly everything else is going as smoothly as could be, and most all of the time when there's other lag effects, it will not happen.

When a drone is launched, a new actor has to be created into the world; I think the problem lies with that, most likely in the server-side code to spawn new world actors.

Evidence to consider is that sometimes the drone doesn't dissapear exactly, but instead some freak monster (I believe always one that could normally spawn in that sector) might be created instead, although it doesn't operate any AI nor is it controlled by the droner at all.

So, the drone actor doesn't get spawned correctly, and spawning is the server's job.

Drone Lost If Near Objects/Walls, also aka Drone Stuck On Surfaces:
-Cause: Bad clipping code, I think.
-Solution: Stricter clipping coding.

Maybe, but I get the impression that many things are modelled with incorrect bounding geometries.

There's a room in TT headquarters where when you walk into it, the table several meters away obstructs you and you have to 'walk around' it, even though it's several meters away. There's many instances of this type of thing.

The MR-1000, for a specific example, appears to have incorrect bounding geometry modelling itself; try taking it to a low cieling and it can't get close the the cieling even though the cieling is under it's altitude limit.

The RG-1000 seems to having bounding geometry modelling much larger than it's actual size.

However, a point here is that different drones behave differently, so rather than being a clipping/collision detection problem, I believe it's a bounding geomerty modelling problem.

I really think there's bounding geometry modelling problems, but there could also be other collision checking problems too.

Drone Won't Launch:

***This drives me nuts!***
Until just now, I had absolutly no ideas at all either because I can't find any sort of consistency on it, no reasonably consistent work around, nothing except that you could eventually launch again after some random amount of time which could be anywhere form a fw seconds to FIVE FREAKIN' minutes.

And no I'm sure it's not a matter of implants or switching to another drone then back or anything like that. It sometimes working after switching to another drone and back, or after casting a few spells, or relogging, or whatever is simply a matter of time passing - the fact that you did something else during that time is irrelevant.

It just occured to me this may very well be related to my suggestion that there's a server-side problem with spawning a the world actor for the drone, except somehow this bug occurs earlier such that the drone doesn't even get to the stage where it thinks it's launched (ie; maybe something like the server rejects the request to create the drone actor).

I dont get a targetting frame in 3rd person drone view; no targetting frame = no target = no dmg.

I'm guessing this behavior uis by design, but I can't imagine why.

you can go over the zone line with drones, meaning u cant collect them, or in some cases go Under the zone:
-Cause: bad zone clipping
-Solution: when a drone is dropped past zone point, put it on the zone line

Yeah.

No team xp when you body is away from team:
-Solution: make droner the parent object with the drone a child object of droner? and allow drone to 'collect' the xp.

Yeah. I dont think this is a bug exactly, just bad implementation.

By their very nature, droners try to keep their body away from the action, and the drone is fairly likely to be in the thick of it, so the drone should be the team-sharing actor.

Hurting Team mate - SL hit:
same problem as above, the drone isnt in the team.
-Solution: make droner the parent object with the drone a child object of droner?

As stated above, the problem is larger than that; LE runners incur SL + FS loss if they pull the trigger when any other runner (teamed or not) is in the target frame and they later die somehow.

I think the solution is to properly check drone's team/LE status when the trigger is pulled AND when AE damage is caused to see if it should or should not count against the droner.

when you drop a drone on some things, such as the floor of yo's at syncon / the wall at hack room at simmons / one of the big watch towers in J_03 or J_06, the drone drops through and onto floor below
-Cause: bad clipping again
-Solution: thats up to you guys....

I've never seen that, but I've seen drones drop under targetting frames of other objects such as boxes, cave entrances, GRs, GGs, etc so that the drone couldn't be retrieved because it couldn't be framed.

For that case, the solution would be to have drones be the top-most object so that they can be targetted and picked up.

KRIMINAL99
19-09-03, 15:41
I believe that sl bug affects more than just droners and has something to do with multi attacking monsters.. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 06:43
Um... How would multi-attacking mobs (Grim Persecutor/Chaser, Chaos Lieutenant/Solider) be involved in the SL bug?

Richard Slade
22-09-03, 11:58
Um... How would multi-attacking mobs (Grim Persecutor/Chaser, Chaos Lieutenant/Solider) be involved in the SL bug?

They don't like you
You're a BAD person
They report you to the NC
Simple:p

Heavyporker
22-09-03, 16:50
however amusing, I'd rather like to hear the mechanics involved in multi-attack mobs and in what way runner SL would be related to it.

Darth Slayer
22-09-03, 18:34
When your body is being damaged you usually get the blood flashes on your drone view, however a lot of times the first I know I'm being hit on is the parts of your armor has been damaged. Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Keyol45743241
22-09-03, 23:07
No, hasn't been mentioned but true nonetheless.

Thing is, you don't know the strength of the attack.... either ist's a small spider or a Cursed Soul shoved up your Face.

It also depends on the range from the drone to your body as far as I know... a lot of bugs seem to do so.

Ehyuko
04-10-03, 16:37
Problem: The "heavy" drones [RG 1000, MR 1000] are knocked around by being hit just as much as the "light" drones [Kamikaze, Particle Nemesis]

Solution: Adjust knockback distance from attacks upon the drone to be proportional to movement rate of drone.

Heavyporker
05-10-03, 08:54
Yeah... I think I've noticed that about the light/heavy drones. And I agree about it - if they're hard to get up and move, they should be hard to knock around.

Oh, and there needs to be something about range. Droners should be able to get concrete ranges on their drones' weapons. I'm not talking about control range - that's clearly shown, but I'm talking about the mounted weapon on the drone itself. It's aggravating to try to eye-ball the range when you can start firing or when you start going out of weapons range when you're manuevering. It's a problem mainly with the full-auto drones (gatlings for one - both laser and projectile).

You know... I'd actually love to see some real weight distinction between light and heavy drones in the inventory. The light ones should only top out at like 2kgs each, the heavy at around 6kg each. A bit more realism or something :)

Alan
01-03-04, 21:41
Just checking if their's any update on resloving any 'more' off the documented drone bugs??? Yes i know this an old thread but many off the issues in here ARE still relavent and unresolved.