PDA

View Full Version : Patch!

X Kitty X
12-09-03, 11:45
When are we going to get one? Please can we have an answer? This weekend? Next week?

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-09-03, 11:46
they will probably close this :(

but while it's open I want a friggin patch too :mad:

Shockwave
12-09-03, 11:56
It's unlikely to be in the next few days, because KK have stated that the Spy PA will be in the next patch, and as far as we're aware Callash is still trying to figure out exactly what the Community wants from that. Once a decision is made it'll then take time to stick the changes in a patch and set it up for distribution.

Shock.

Al3X
12-09-03, 12:32
when its done(tm)

Vampire222
12-09-03, 12:38
4 hours downtime could be for patch... or better server hardware... or somthing, shud be really interesting

jernau
12-09-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Al3X
when its done(tm)

"deal with it" (c)

Seriously though - throw us a bone KK. All we've seen for a month is Lupus flogging his guts out on the TS and Callash being forced to decide who you will piss off next.

In all practical terms more is happening on these forums than in the game.

We know DoY is delayed, we accept that but that doesn't mean the whole game should be on hold till then.

From what we've been told DoY was technically geared up for a release ~2 months ago. If so then it shouldn't still be a work in progress at this point. Either :
1) the "publisher" excuse is a half-truth
2) the Devs have stolen the BYB and moved to Belgium
3) you are working on something really cool and your PR is living up to it's ghastly reputation

Please tell us which it is. I'm still hoping it's 3 but I know that makes me an idiot.

Shockwave
12-09-03, 12:53
Originally posted by Vampire222
4 hours downtime could be for patch... or better server hardware... or somthing, shud be really interesting

If it's hardware and OS maintainance, one thing it will NOT be is interesting. It's compairable to sitting at your desk watching your HDD defrag (And I don't mean that hypnotic defrag you get from compressed HDDs under W95, either! :) ).

Shock.

jernau
12-09-03, 12:56
Originally posted by Vampire222

hmm..

4 hours of downtime??
on a friday??
starting at 11AM (local time)??

That's got feck all do with hardware - that's a liquid lunch.

NeoLojik
12-09-03, 13:02
Originally posted by Shockwave
If it's hardware and OS maintainance, one thing it will NOT be is interesting. It's compairable to sitting at your desk watching your HDD defrag (And I don't mean that hypnotic defrag you get from compressed HDDs under W95, either! :) ).

Shock. :lol:

FYI, Pluto is back up and running, as is Venus and Jupiter afaik.

J. Folsom
12-09-03, 13:02
Originally posted by jernau
That's got feck all do with hardware - that's a liquid lunch. Well, lunch is the most important meal of the day, KK are just properly honoring it by lunching for 4 hours. ;P

--

However, while it's possible that it is for a new patch, I actually think it might be that they're trying to figure out database problems which is why Uranus is still down (assuming it is still; I haven't actually checked).

Richard Slade
12-09-03, 13:19
It is the times when servers are down the horrible spammers crawler out..

Originally posted by J. Folsom
Well, lunch is the most important meal of the day, KK are just properly honoring it by lunching for 4 hours. ;P

Thought it was breakfast.. No?

J. Folsom
12-09-03, 13:22
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Thought it was breakfast.. No? If you've studied the proper texts, you'll definitely know that lunch is the most important meal of the day. Of course, the texts are not those lies spread by most companies!

Progenitor
12-09-03, 15:00
It HAS been a while since the last patch.

Hopefully in the next week or so.

-p

Forseti
12-09-03, 17:36
Well, I could ask them to launch a 1kb patch, just so you guys are happy. :p

The patch will come when everything they want in that patch is ready for retail.

CR@SH
12-09-03, 17:48
good rule to follow is when there is more than 3 test server patches a patch is usually coming to retail soon. Thats just from my own person experience. ;)

X Kitty X
12-09-03, 17:49
OK thanks for the clarification Foresti.
Seen as we got a test patch today... must be on the way soon. And yeah... a 1kb patch would be cool ;)

Benjie
12-09-03, 17:51
I think we all just like to know what you guys are up to. :) (without giving plot details away)

Judge
12-09-03, 18:03
Yup we just wanna know what going on. :D

Progenitor
12-09-03, 19:17
Originally posted by Forseti
Well, I could ask them to launch a 1kb patch, just so you guys are happy. :p

The patch will come when everything they want in that patch is ready for retail.

Bah! Just add another patch when they have more stuff ready.

I want my Monk INT gain!

-p