PDA

View Full Version : About to make first rare gun - need advice

Andronicus
12-09-03, 09:25
I am about to have my first rare gun made; other than needing to be greater than the TL of the gun, what difference does the con skill level make?
Does any skill make slots more likely or is this completely random?
Also - can any slot enhancers help with rare guns or do they only work for non-rare guns.
What else will make the construction of my gun more successfull?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Pill
12-09-03, 09:33
what the hell dose con have to do with an int subskill? :)

enhancers only work with non rares afaik

look for 200+ csts, if you're worried, have em go to factories, buff etc, requires big tip though.

Kasumi
12-09-03, 09:35
He probably meant con as in CsT :) and Who cares its just a rare.. its not the most divine thing in the entire NC world..

Andronicus
12-09-03, 09:43
My bad - con should be cst :)

Maarten
12-09-03, 09:45
Higher CST level doesn't give more slots. Slotenhancers don't work on rares. A higher CST level only garantuees less failures.
The only advice I give you is to go to a constructor you TRUST.

kurai
12-09-03, 09:45
Originally posted by Pill
what the hell dose con have to do with an int subskill? :)

enhancers only work with non rares afaik

look for 200+ csts, if you're worried, have em go to factories, buff etc, requires big tip though. I presume he means con as abbreviation for constructor, not constitution.

Anyway ...
Rares do not follow the same quality caps as non-rares, so more skill is better in this case.

The general rule of thumb is to find a constructor with as high a CST subskill a possible, and also as high DEX & INT as you can.
In practice this works out to 200+ CST, 115+ DEX, 110+ INT

This will give you the best possible chance of getting good dmg/handling/range etc stats.
Slot chances still have a very big random element, even with the very best constructors ...

See http://www.croncom.com/rarebuild.html to get an idea of the probabilities.

Andronicus
12-09-03, 09:46
My other question about slots is, if everything else is the same, how much more powerfull is a gun with slots than one without? In other words, if i had a libby with no slots and a libby with one or more slots (but not modded at all) would there be much of a difference between the two?

kurai
12-09-03, 09:51
Originally posted by Hamlet
My other question about slots is, if everything else is the same, how much more powerfull is a gun with slots than one without? In other words, if i had a libby with no slots and a libby with one or more slots (but not modded at all) would there be much of a difference between the two? If the stats along the top of the weapon info screen are the same, then no - the slot itself gives no intrinsic benefit, other than slowing down the rate a weapon loses condition as it's used.
It's the mod installed in a slot that makes the difference, not the existence of the slot itself.

Andronicus
12-09-03, 09:56
Wow - thank you all for the quick replies. This brings me to my final question: Who would you recommend as a high level constructor? I have been looking around but not as of yet found one with really high skills. (btw i am a FA on the Saturn server)

Scikar
12-09-03, 10:42
Originally posted by Maarten
Higher CST level doesn't give more slots. Slotenhancers don't work on rares. A higher CST level only garantuees less failures.
The only advice I give you is to go to a constructor you TRUST.

Actually you're wrong there. A higher CST skill increases the chance of getting artifact stats. And the highest slot chance possible is when the stats are capped, since the slot chance is dependant on the final stats. Therefore the highest slot chance for a rare is when the stats are all 120%. And you want the stats to be as high as you can get them anyway. Therefore you go for as high as you can possibly get when building rares, and that includes drugging for more dex and int since they affect construction too.

T72
12-09-03, 15:01
Headshot, KittyKat, NafferCST, ermmm and Roe. all Vgood CST's, have a look here for more info on CST skill http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477

as someones says the higher the Int and Dex lvl (Get CST to drug build) the better the wep/stats/slots.

Original monk
12-09-03, 15:20
[morigan] , you forgot to mention her t-72 :P

Nightbrother
12-09-03, 18:00
Yeah, I wonder how high Roe's cst skill has gotten. Back when I started playing (in December and on Saturn), she was already there on her bench, constructing. She must have 200+, but how much more than 200? Anyone know, cause I'm curious. She's also /72, so she must be capped (or very nearly anyway).