PDA

View Full Version : It looks like KK want to chose your characters for you

DigestiveBiscui
12-09-03, 08:39
...this is pathetic

If you look at whats going on recently, KK are pretty much telling you what type of character to be when u create any type of class:

Tank - Remeber in the good days, when melee tank actually did something. Now all it is is H-C tanks. If you're not H-C you're shit, and to boot, if you dont have a CS your shit. TPC's could out do CS's at one point, but not anymore

H-C tanks all the way

Private Eyes - this one isnt really KK's fault, then again they havent given rifle PE's anything in AGES. No, the shotgun wont help, because everyone that was rifle LOMed away to pistols, because pistols got a pretty little boost and suddenly, everyone that insult pistols (you dont know how many times i was told to LOM to rifle)LOM to them and show off there stupid fucking blacksuns.

Most PE's in NC are now pistol

Monk - Meh, this was a debate ages ago, hybrids nerfed, apu or ppu blah blah, not a bad idea

Spies - The worst of them all. I couldnt believe my eyes when i saw a poll posted by callash saying what we wanted for the spy PA. It sounded a good idea, the community getting involved etc, but when i look at the list it just made me laugh. R-C and RCL - ARE YOU FUCKING MAD?, pistols spies exist on this game, and some of them are not shit believe it or not. Simple stats for the spy PA is P-C R-C AND RCL - so you still have a choice when u make a spy

All i see at the moment is KK making you do this:

TANK - MELEE
SPY - RIFLE OR DRONER
PE - PISTOL

god i hope its fixed soon

Mankind
12-09-03, 08:50
Well...

Monks: You CAN still go hybrid but you get a nerf. But they are making you go either Passive or Aggressive yes.

Spys: Heard something about Spys no longer being pistol-friendly but I don't think it will make them any worse than they are now.

PEs: PEs are never going to be made to specialize. Because they are a "jack of all trades", they get the luxury of choosing multiple types of combat. Personally I like being a rifle combat PE, but someday might go pistols for the light weapon useage.

Tanks: Most tanks will still stay Heavy combat even though Melee PA is coming out and they are going to get a boost. I'd still like to see a Melee tank take down a Heavy combat tank :) Someday...not!

DigestiveBiscui
12-09-03, 08:54
Originally posted by Mankind
Melee tank take down a Heavy combat tank :) Someday...not!

it was possible

hit them with the rare tazer, then slice them to shit with whatever you could find lol

Kasumi
12-09-03, 09:07
I remember in beta EVErything was useful.. a street model rifle was good.. but now like the thread starter pointed out.. now you go one thing or theres no reason to play that class.. i am a melee tank.. DG is almost the same TL has cursed soul but Cursed soul does 6x the damage? Reakktor needs to rethink things and balance things out..

Rizzy
12-09-03, 09:13
When they boost melee im thinking of loming rizzy :p I would lom right away if they had dual wield :D

As for the classes, It would be nice to allow the spy to have pistol pa, alot of tradeskiller spys go pistols as it doesnt need much if any weaponlore.

Kasumi
12-09-03, 09:16
I think melee should get an uber boost.. like 20% more damage or even more.. melee is just useless at this point.. it degrades super fast.. my 3 Slot DG is almost at 0/120 percent an di have used it less then 2 hours =\ or they should put damage cap at like 400% i have 220 melee skill at the moment.. its all going to waste.. melee is bugged anyways.. the damage doenst show properly client side.. its stats dont show right when you look at its information.. it says you get 36/min but i think you get like 90something/min

As for the classes, It would be nice to allow the spy to have pistol pa, alot of tradeskiller spys go pistols as it doesnt need much if any weaponlore.

No.. a Spys primary weapons are Drones and Rifles.. its always been like that pistols are an option.. there are more RIfle Spies and drone spies than anything.. PC PA should goto PEs.. yes i know theres high TL Pistols.. but why do you need a PA for it as a spy? wear the drone one or rc one.. they all look at the same.. and have the same bonus's aside from RC and remote control..

Drake6k
12-09-03, 09:39
Originally posted by Kasumi
I think melee should get an uber boost.. like 20% more damage or even more.. melee is just useless at this point.. it

very bad idea... they already do tons of damage in pvm. In pvp people just resist it. Its like a gun without a ammo mod... Melee 'needs' the damage types changed or weapon mods for pvp....

Shadow Dancer
12-09-03, 09:48
If pistols aren't a primary wepaon for spies, and only pes get pistols, then pes will have a specialization of their very own and they will no longer be JOATS.

kurai
12-09-03, 10:07
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
If pistols aren't a primary wepaon for spies, and only pes get pistols, then pes will have a specialization of their very own and they will no longer be JOATS. JOAPETGO
(Jack Of All Pistols Except The Good Ones)

MacenzieWolf
12-09-03, 10:16
Since i lommed from rifles to pistols my chances of comming out alive in PvP has significantly improved... There's nothing in it for rifle PEs anymore.

Kasumi
12-09-03, 11:04
Originally posted by Drake6k
very bad idea... they already do tons of damage in pvm. In pvp people just resist it. Its like a gun without a ammo mod... Melee 'needs' the damage types changed or weapon mods for pvp....

Drake.. tons of damage in PvM? you know how much my DG does to a 120/120 mob without Damage boosT? less than 100 damage.. CS does over 200.. And having to get into the face of yoru enemy makes it even harder ot use.. maybe you should try melee.. go attack the VPK.. or Batqueen.. or Chaos Queen.. its almost impossible to win.. they bite you.. poisonyou.. burn you.. try melee and you will see it needs a boost more than naything.. melee is more useless than drones.. Oh yes not to mention the deference in damage between Blade of Ceres.. Paw of Bear.. and Devils grace is about 20 damage.. prolly less..

SigmaDraconis
12-09-03, 11:10
Drake.. tons of damage in PvM? you know how much my DG does to a 120/120 mob without Damage boosT? less than 100 damage.. CS does over 200..

How can you possibly hope to make a point with such sarcasm/misinformation...

I won't claim to know how much damage a DG does..but a capped damage CS doesnt even do 200 damage to warbots..not to mention a grim or such.. :rolleyes:

DigestiveBiscui
12-09-03, 11:11
Drake.. tons of damage in PvM? you know how much my DG does to a 120/120 mob without Damage boosT? less than 100 damage.. CS does over 200

the CS is a big fucking cannon, and you are waving a sword about.....dont u think its spose to do mroe dmg than a melee wep?

yes melee needs boost, but about 10% would be fine

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 11:13
U guys should come visit uranus server then fellas. i know of 3 pretty darn good melee tanks. theres a clan mate of mine named psi monk who has recently started to really pwn badly including killin a cs tank and his ppu mate. 13 is another very good one and bezerker ( from the synchs ) again i have seen him do some severe damage to people at op fights. About the pistol pe thing yes u r right tho theres too many of em. i see loads every single day noobie pes runnin around and all of a sudden out comes the blacksun/libby. what they should do is improve or tweak pistols slightly maybe drop the reqs on a judge to give a tad more variation. Then bring on the rare shot gun for us riflers. or even a rare gat. that would be LUVVERLLYYY!! :p

Kasumi
12-09-03, 11:25
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis

I won't claim to know how much damage a DG does..but a capped damage CS doesnt even do 200 damage to warbots..not to mention a grim or such.. :rolleyes:

II am not so sure about that.. but maybe it doesnt.. but how far back can you stand when you use it? How close do you have to be to hit? The only time Melee is any use is when something is damage boosted.. DG used to do over 100 damage to 120 mobs.. now its like 80 or so.. possibly less.. since damage iisnt properly shown.. i cant be sure...

alig
12-09-03, 11:44

I won't claim to know how much damage a DG does..but a capped damage CS doesnt even do 200 damage to warbots..not to mention a grim or such.

I think i do 70 a hit X 4 = 280 on a doomie.....there rank 70/70 or summat and wb's are wot? 80/80 and 90/90?:confused: so probably do over 200 each time on a warbot with a CS

CS
> ALL :lol:
HL

On a side, melee does need a mega boost......but yet again, its the holy para that totally nerfs a melee user:rolleyes:

Sinead O'Connor
12-09-03, 11:58
i see this posted often....i think it's fucking retarded...so i'm going to comment.

does the military of a super-power nation send their soldiers in dressed like samurai wielding katana blades, or do they send them in with m-16's?

think back to the european conquest of various regions of africa, where there were armies of men with spears attacking armies of men with gatlin cannons....it didn't work out so well for the guys with spears.

this idea of melee damage being made a true "combat" class in neocron is fucking stupid.

"oooh, this is a rilfe...that is a knife....." do the math on that one.

so what good is melee combat?
to quote the great spy<vs>spy: "yeah, you're gonna want to put a few points into melee combat, because you're not going to want to bust out a PB-20 to kill that stupid roach that is pushing you across the map."

melee "combat" is a secondary skill that you fall back on when you have no other choice, not something you should expect to be a primary skill during a battle.

fucking retarded.

alig
12-09-03, 12:03
This is also a game, not reality.

Lucjan
12-09-03, 12:27
Originally posted by Sinead O'Connor
i see this posted often....i think it's fucking retarded...so i'm going to comment.

does the military of a super-power nation send their soldiers in dressed like samurai wielding katana blades, or do they send them in with m-16's?

think back to the european conquest of various regions of africa, where there were armies of men with spears attacking armies of men with gatlin cannons....it didn't work out so well for the guys with spears.

this idea of melee damage being made a true "combat" class in neocron is fucking stupid.

to quote the great spy<vs>spy: "yeah, you're gonna want to put a few points into melee combat, because you're not going to want to bust out a PB-20 to kill that stupid roach that is pushing you across the map."

melee "combat" is a secondary skill that you fall back on when you have no other choice, not something you should expect to be a primary skill during a battle.

fucking retarded.

Welcome to the game called Neocron not Real-Life (TM).

If we would like to follow real life rules, a Moonstriker should kill everyone in one hit, a Silent Hunter headshot should kill you in one hit and a KK-400 should take out an entire group. The damage of a Cursed Soul should be then at least trippled compared to a Pain Easer and Liberator users should only point into the direction of the enemy without any aiming...fun, fun.
And WTF are these monk things doing here?!?

Melee is a combat specialization on the same level as pistols, rifles, heavy or drones. It just needs some fixing to be a viable choice for PvP. PvM isnt bad at all with melee, at least in case of pure melee tanks (but it isnt great too).

Parker
12-09-03, 12:31
Errrm remember Rorke's Drift.

The thing about this game is that there is no one shot kill - so any comparision between weapons in NC and weapons in the real world is silly.

Pistols in the real world kill people in one shot. So do assault rifles so it's irrelevant that the rifle does more damage than the pistol - dead is dead.

In NC - we have these stupid discussions like "rifles HAVE to own pistols cos they do in the real world" - but in the real world one shot is enough regardless of what weapon you use (even a big knife is going to stop somebody quick)

John

Helen Angilley
12-09-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Sinead O'Connor

fucking retarded.

Hmm, you conveniently forget that, with a little forethought, it's possible for a guyn with a sword to decimate and entire SWAT (Or whatever really) team.

The confusion and surprise of someone being that close is going to be a major factor, coupled with the speed that this person will most likely be moving at and you have a very effective killing machine.

Likewise, just because your armour stops bullets doesn't mean it will stop a sword to the gut.....there's a complete difference to the way kevlar works when compared to a stab vest.

Finally, if melee combat is not a "primary" way of fighting, how do you explain the many guerilla divisions and their absurdly large knives?

Syntax-Error
12-09-03, 14:25
I disagree. rifle PEs can still own. hell i still watch [TgR]Killer own people as a rifle PE. hell im a pistol PE and i suck at PvP. he constantly owns my ass. and so do other Rifle PEs. infact ive often wanted to lom to rifle because i think there still pretty much more powerful with a PE (pain easer no Privite Eye).

CarniFlex
12-09-03, 14:50
I just rememberd the movie "the one" one badass m-f whopping a fully armed swat team in the beginning (off course it was the best part of the whole movie).

/me votes virtual reality, with melee getting boost and spy pistols is the stupidiest combo ever... pvp-wise.

Still we need these discussions because we want to make this game better, after all were paying and playing it :p