PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of this happening?

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 04:14
Would the Outzone and IND zones streets be widened up to accomodate vehicles AND one entrance opened up wider to let vecs through? I mean, all those garage doors and such heavily imply that the area hosted vehicular traffic...

Plus it'd be SO nice to be able to AT LEAST bring in a hoverbike, screeching around the corners, doing driveby shootings against the drug dealers....

Any news on whenther OP entrances will be properly worked so small vecs can be driven over and through? Only a scarce few OPs can accomodate vecs of any type atm... :(

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-09-03, 04:18
who remembers the pic of a hover bike in TG canyon? it's on front of neocron site.

would be nice but it's too narrow there.

I just wanna see more of a reason to go to oz area's. I think it's cool there and hardly explored :(

lear
12-09-03, 04:29
yea i still so far have no use for vehicles :O -- waste of points right now ... but if i could have more fun with them, especially the drive bys in oz :O or even plaza!!! :O make plaza huge!!

and along with our apartment should be a parking garage next to them that fits the side of a small hover bike :p

wooo

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 04:54
It's a nice thought, but I think it'd be a friggin huge patch to do it ;p

Forseti
12-09-03, 07:21
There will never be vehicles inside the city.

Shujin
12-09-03, 07:28
Originally posted by Forseti
There will never be vehicles inside the city.

u sure are mr positive :mad:

btw dont say stuff u dont know, ur Mod status makes people think u are right, and how do you know for sure? maybe MJS will one day decide, hey lets have vehicles in the city. forum mod > dev=flase... dev > forum mod= true... mjs> all = true

not anythin personal just sayin comeon u should really not say that , because ideas and concepts are not static, they can change *awaits a ban for disagreeing*

MacenzieWolf
12-09-03, 10:51
I do agree, Neocron is supposed to be a huge city, right now its tiny, we need wide streets, futuristic highways and tall skyscrapers =D

OTIS
12-09-03, 10:59
Macenzie thats a fuckin sweet sig dood

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 11:22
so what about a blade runner style work up. drive at neocron in flying vehicle. zone nr the city in said vehicle. skip to temp zone with landing pad. land and get off vehicle and go to door. theres an access panel in the door each sector in nc. select sector and apparmtent address and type in door code. it could be similar to the nav ray screen. could somethin like that be done????? would be a lot better than tryin to get vehicles in the city im sure. lot less redesigning of levels for one. any thoughts

Shujin
12-09-03, 11:39
Originally posted by OTIS
Macenzie thats a fuckin sweet sig dood

it'd pretty simple to make, but it does look nice ;]

ps. the current system is kinda like hogans run, think thats the name

Forseti
12-09-03, 17:28
Originally posted by Shujin
btw dont say stuff u dont know, ur Mod status makes people think u are right, and how do you know for sure?
Mj himself said there will never be any vehicles inside the city.
Even if he would reconsider, they would need to redesign the entire city.

So, untill KK decides to trow in a large ammount of money on such a huge change, my statement is 100% correct.

edit:
Btw, if I make a statement, then it's most likely that I spoke to KK before posting. So it's not that bad to believe what I say. ;)

Nidhogg
12-09-03, 17:30
Plus I think vehicles are only supported in the exterior engine. :p

N

CkVega
12-09-03, 17:33
Originally posted by Nidhogg

N

I can confirm that this is incorrect (sorry)
I have seen a vehicle being used on the test server by a GM (although it was 6 ft in the air o_O )

LTA
12-09-03, 17:34
would eb funny to see a army of DOY manned Rhinos trampling down the plaza :p

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 17:34
It's true, KK don't want to make .BSP Changes (Graphics changes, and object collision size changes) that much because it takes a HUGE Amount of data, we're talking megabyte = small in terms.
I mean, I doubt the patches would be over like...100mb...erm...maybe, but I have no real way of telling, all I know is, they would be a magnitute of times bigger than the normal patches we have.

Vehicals as you all know also can't ride up on objects or into objects.
All of this would require a lot of man power, a lot of time, and a lot of money....

When he says it wont happen, he generally means it can't happen...

Shujin
12-09-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Forseti
Mj himself said there will never be any vehicles inside the city.
Even if he would reconsider, they would need to redesign the entire city.

So, untill KK decides to trow in a large ammount of money on such a huge change, my statement is 100% correct.

edit:
Btw, if I make a statement, then it's most likely that I spoke to KK before posting. So it's not that bad to believe what I say. ;) stop bein so damn sexy ;[ *hug

Q`alooaith
12-09-03, 19:53
Originally posted by Nidhogg

N

points..

Gliders don't zone inside the citys, because they don't work in door's..

They only work outside, and can't go over objects like that bridge and stuff, they just get stuck..

This is why we're not likly to see vehicals inside the city..

Benjie
12-09-03, 20:08
One point.
Why don't you dig up the floor in areas where vehicles would be used and replace it with outdoor terrain? Just stick the origional floor texture over it and kaboom! Problem solved.

And before anybody says all maps would need to be changed... wrong again. Just take large sections of the industrial area, The outzone, and perhaps a plaza 5/voarossa 5 highway sector and thats it job done.

By the way I know nothing of tecktonics but my iq is like 135+ so i win both ways.

Benjie
12-09-03, 20:19
Originally posted by CkVega
I can confirm that this is incorrect (sorry)
I have seen a vehicle being used on the test server by a GM (although it was 6 ft in the air o_O )

Damn I was thinking that Genesis and kk's engine could be worked together but this makes me think that either A: height is faked on the genesis parts of the WL, or B: the outer area needs to be kk's engine for it to except vehicles.
A:You would have to fake hieght in everything else in the OZ/IND/whaveter. It would make it a much more difficult task.
B: Can't you make an out of reach area connected to the inner Wastelands of the OZ thing that reaches out to the edge of the map and then surrounds it?
C: Damn I bet it's fps issues. Tenner says when genesis and kk's thing are combined then there is a huge limit on how much Genesis crap you can have before FPS problems become a major issue.
D: None of the above

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 20:25
I didn't say redo the whole city ( I think it'd be kinda dumb to have vecs in the inner city) but just in outzone/IND because it's more open-ish and more sensible because of the heavy industry that went on in there...

plus, what about that spaceport that hosted the Irata 3 arkships? I would have thought that NExT would have let gliders use it as landing spots.

Well, yeah, I'm fairly SURE that small vecs can be driven around some OPs... I'm not talking about rhinos in OZ, that's just idiotic.

I'm talking about speedbikes, chainbikes, hoverbikes. That's it. By widening things up in OZ, I meant move the buildings siding the streets apart a couple meters, that's all. Surely that's doable.

Benjie
12-09-03, 20:34
Heavy Portker you have got it wrong. It has nothing to do with the size of the vehicle. Imagine that there are two types of matter. WL matter and GS matter. Neocron, Outposts, everything slabby is made from GS matter. Everything like Sand, Swamp floors, Still water is made from WL matter. Vehicles only work on WL matter. They can not touch GS matter. It is simply impossible.

And cutting away 1 or 2 floors floors is not hard work atall for a proffesional development team. (engine dependant)

What I am saying is replace the GS matter on certain parts of the OZ and IND with WL matter.

WL: wastelands btw
GS: Genesis btw

Benjie
12-09-03, 20:37
Reakktor have you thought of the possibility of making indoor vehicles that just change your skin (like power armour) to what the vehicle looks like, and then doing all the pysics and complicated stuff below the map where nobody can see it? You would need to Tag the 2 items so they work together.

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Benjie
Reakktor have you thought of the possibility of making indoor vehicles that just change your skin (like power armour) to what the vehicle looks like, and then doing all the pysics and complicated stuff below the map where nobody can see it? You would need to Tag the 2 items so they work together.
Be careful when you mistake change of skin for change of model :)
However, it's an interesting idea.
It wouldn't increase your speed any, unless you actually had it _like_ a power armor that gave you ultra AGL/ATL......

Benjie
12-09-03, 21:25
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Be careful when you mistake change of skin for change of model :)
However, it's an interesting idea.
It wouldn't increase your speed any, unless you actually had it _like_ a power armor that gave you ultra AGL/ATL......

Oggness! QD has blesses us by logging on to his 486 and commenting on our threads! Neocron will be pure! Salvation!

It's a car QD.

Be carefull when you mistake a speedy car for somthing like new shoes. :)

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 21:27
.....how much coding do you understand....? o_O

I'm talking about quick(ISH) comfortable changes KK might make.

If you do nothing other than "change the skin" you have done NOTHING to the dynamics, physics, collision, ANYTHING to do with the object you've changed the "Skin" on.

Jesus.
Get a brain...
If you wanna have a vehical, move like a vehical, you will _HAVE_ To change the physics.... jesus...

Benjie
12-09-03, 21:39
.....how much coding do you understand....? o_O

I'm talking about quick(ISH) comfortable changes KK might make.

If you do nothing other than "change the skin" you have done NOTHING to the dynamics, physics, collision, ANYTHING to do with the object you've changed the "Skin" on.

Jesus.
Get a brain...
If you wanna have a vehical, move like a vehical, you will _HAVE_ To change the physics.... jesus...

I have a brain. a very good one. Cheers.
And do you really think a car that moves and turns like a person will attract kk?
Jesus.
Get a brain...

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 21:41
So how does your "change the skin :D" Idea work kiddo?

If you read what you said.
It wont work like that, since the vehical physics are what keeps the vehicals outside of neocron.
What's more, there are no places open/wide/big enough in NC for these vehicals.
Except maybe if you wanna nice oval circuit in VR1 and a boat for the imaginary water in VR3?

Benjie
12-09-03, 21:47
30 run "change_skin.exe"
40 WAIT KEY
50 print "where would you like to go today?"
60 Input "Local:"L&
70 if L& = "viarosaa" then Framerate$ = 30
80 if L& = "pepper park" then Framerate$ = 12
90 60 if L& = "plaza" then run "crash.exe"
100 if L& = flase then goto synch
110 rem ^QD this should get your ego up.

sorry I only know basic. I am a mapper.

EDIT:
I ment change the model of the player to the vehicle. Then have a seperate map underneath the genesis 3d area made in the engine that creates the wastelands. Let the runner controll the vehicle below the map, and let the vehicle below the map controll the location and angle of the player. Duh!

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 21:55
You mean like a taxi?
They could probably do that, probably based on the flying things we have now (although the scale is totally borked like a real anime RPG)...but you sounded like you meant player controlled vehicals o_O

The problem with the player controlled vehicals is most likely the collissions...

This is something I haven't examined though, I don't use, and don't know, that much about the vehicals in the game, I mean, QD _Used_ to drive his HH 4x4 Everywhere, and my spy loves his reveller, but, i never really examined it.

3D Game Engine Physics isn't exactly my specialty at this time :D

I don't see any reason why they can't have Taxi Type things tho...

edit for your edit..
That's a interesting idea indeed... the problem is most of the collisions with the buildings for players are top side only, so they'd have to extend the map down anyways...keeping the position of the "vehical" would also be interesting... mmmm
I don't know :p

]v[ortice
12-09-03, 21:55
If DOY was vehicle accessable...

Then maybe a storyline where the city of Neocron is destroyed at a much later date would allow KK to make these changes by actually updating the city to lovely new graphics (like DOY) and stuff with highways.

I would personally like the ability to run people over included but i'm just sadistic in that way.

It would be pretty cool to see everyone from the city living in the wastes... or in IND A or O/Z until it was finished heheheh.

Probability of this happening = 0

But its the only way I can see vehicles in the city :)

Psyco Groupie
12-09-03, 22:06
I got the wheeler v2 in chester!!111

Benjie
12-09-03, 22:18
You mean like a taxi?

Quantum Delta you are not getting this so i will type it very, very, slowly.

*No not like a taxi. A player driven vehicle in say, plaza 1.
*A map will be created in kk's WL engine thing below the genesis engine map. It will be an immatation of the genesis map above it. The blocks will exsist in all the same places.
*The blocks will be done by placing genesis brushes where the walls are.
*When a runner enteres a vehicle the runner will change model into that vehicle, and a vehicle will spawn in the map below in the same location as the player.
*Both the player and the vehicle will be given a tag. The same tag.
*The player controlls (not the camera!) are shifted to controlling the veihicle at the bottom map.
*The runners location and angle will be controlled by the location and angle of the vehicle.
*Thus making a fully physics, full fuck off vehicle smack bang in the center of plaza 1. Duh!

Quantum Delta teh noob! hahahahahahahahaha.

And before teh noob comments, this is pure speculation. I know. Engine hacking and exploitation always is at first. And no comments on the size this is an example of how it can be achived _ONLY_ and not a suggestion.

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 22:26
...If you didn't notice Benjie, my reply was made before you edited your post.

Therefore, your point, was not clear.
If you cannot post a clear point, don't post.
If you wish to try to take the piss out of other people for your inability to communicate, well.. that's your own problem.

Like I said in my edit, it was an interesting idea, but it needs work.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Edit;
Damnit! That's a LOW Argument trying to attack someone's TYPOs.

Benjie
12-09-03, 22:40
If you wish to try to take the piss out of other people for your inability to community, well.. that's your own problem.

No Quantum Delta I just enjoy confrontation. :)

And what work needs to be done? The tag can be created using the player location. Sure it's a variable but it must have some form of ID attached to it otherwise it would just be meaningless numbers. It would not increase framerate because the new map will be practically invisible. Therefore there will be no need to texture needed on any of the vehicles or terrain. There would be blocking problems in say plaza 1, but plaza 1 is unsuitable for vehicles anyway. An entire new industrial sector would be more appropriate, or perhaps the extention of the one that already exsists.

What work where you on about? My bubble hasn't burst yet. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

[edit] I just noticed you think I am unable to "community." Well quantum delta maybe you can tell _me_ how to "community" because I obviously can't do it.

Also you started the insult. Jeez get a brain! (remember?)

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 22:43
Your bubble was refering to the personal attack :p

-
Adding new sectors takes really big patches.... -_-

Nidhogg
12-09-03, 22:51
Take it outside please. o_O

N

Benjie
12-09-03, 22:55
Your bubble was refering to the personal attack :p

-
Adding new sectors takes really big patches.... -_-

Yes the patches would be quite big. I don't care to be honest i don't want vehicles in the outzone anyway. I just enjoy using my brain by challenging it, unlike a certain person I can think of who just seems to be a bit pretentious. And I do belive that you innitiated the first personal attack quantum delta. Think about it. You where just telling me not to attack you in one form or another. I wonder if that qualifies you as a hypocrite? Anyway I have nothing against you. Your attacks are just a dumb slap around the chops. I can forget about that easily enough.

[edit]
sorry nid.

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 23:02
Never claimed not to be one :p

I could go off on what I think of humanity and the term hypocrit if you like but hey, if you want that essay, PM me. ;)
What my main comment was about, was, you messed somethin up then blamed me for it, then I made a typo and you complained about that, well if the strength of your argument is that....heh.

Anyway.

I _DO_ Care about big patches, I was on a 28.8 k modem for a long time 3 years.

I might be cable now, but I know there are a lot of players in neocron with 56k, and downloading meg after meg of patch is painful.
If it's something that YOU Personally might enjoy, a hundred 56kers who aren't really going to even use the function (...wtf are the use of vehicals inside the city..? ...and in a new zone to a mostly useless section of the city for that matter too...) it might get a little tiring for them.

CkVega
12-09-03, 23:33
How about a skateboard for riding round plaza 1?

Oath
13-09-03, 00:50
<------------- 56k'r

No big patches.............world gets changed kk better send me a cd.

but on a lighter note..............SKATEBOARDS WOULD PWN!

How bout hoverboards ala back to the future stylee.

Also whlie we are talking of changes,

WHERE ARE ALL THE HOT CHICKS!

Heavyporker
13-09-03, 03:20
Oath, they're in Pepper Park.