PDA

View Full Version : Long Overdue Goodbye

Drusus
12-09-03, 02:51
This is merely as a notification for those that enlisted in Precinct One on Pluto, and for those that I gamed with here for many an hour, hell, day, night, week and month.

It's official and I am done with Neocron for forseeable future. Those that were in my cadre knew that Real Life comes first, and mine has been very demanding (Being in Bermuda and in the IT management field, I don't get a lot of free time these days, and Hurricane Fabian has left a LOT to rebuild now).

To my team:
I'm so very and distinctly sorry I was not there to be with you at the end. You are all fantastic members of our team, and to those that are living on with what we wanted to accomplish as a group, more power to you. May you have the personal enjoyment and successes I didn't find.

To the City Admin and Allied Factions:
I did my damnedest to be a solid leader for the CA where I could, and frankly, it's the tools KK provided that fell short. KK, you made a position without _any_ substance, and you short changed the basic tools to do the job (i.e. no powers of the office at all, no faction chat for _far_ too long). To my replacement, more power to you wowzarick (sorry for the misspell :) ). I think it says something though that i was still chairman for 2 months despite being _completely absent_. This to me is not a testament to my worth in the position. This is a testament to its essential lack of any function or meaning.

To my fellow Plutonians:
Short version is that on average I have never gamed with a better bunch. Yes, there are some i'd be happy to dropkick. Wouldn't we all. :) But the large majority of folks were some of the most engaging and intelligent game players and role players I have had the pleasure to play with in any MMO or other game. To you all, my thanks for a great experience here.

To KK:
I was your biggest fanboy. Hell, I thought you had it dead on right. But you keep doing things by halves, when the obvious and straightforward choices are in front of you. For people that seem to have such vision, this is puzzling.

My hopes for your game:
1. You realize that Idiot Savantism is a destructive force in your game world. You want diversity _within_ a given character. I should not have to be a trade gimp to be an effective fighter. The reverse also true. Your releasd information about 'getting something cool' after stat caps was heartbreaking for me to see. This was the big skill revision so many of us had been aching for? It is a mistake from where I sit.

2. Keep on making a world with consequence and with player decision mattering! You are taking steps to make factions be differenet and unique and DON'T give in to the power game arguments that want to have everything. Again, you want diversity, you want context and you want a _reason_ to _be_ something different than the next guy. Your factions need to be exactly that, something I want to be in a lasting sense. Also, having Neocron and DoY begin drawing lines in the sand makes me proud to see. I applaud your efforts in this regard.\

3. Your policing of these forums was something to be amazed at and admired. Thanks to that they have been on average one of the best arenas i've ever seen for sharing of information. Kudos moderators and KK for putting you there. (If anyone wants to see a forum gone wrong, just look at Planetsides... Where Neocron is the best, there's is undoubtedly, the worst)

And that's it folks.

For better or worse, that puts me out the door for the forseeable future.

Until I can walk my Tin Plate Patrol again amongst you all and it is _worth_ walking as changes are made by the powers that be I leave you with my honest sentiment:

Just Live.

CA Master Drusus
Assistant Counsellor (retired)
Council Chairman (retired)
Founder and Former Commissioner, Precinct One

FirestarXL
12-09-03, 02:55
Sorry to see ya go, good luck!

ReefSmoker
12-09-03, 02:56
Take care Drusus, tbh I think others are following you - I've just heard a player got a ten day ban for dropping too many backpacks in pepper park ?!?!?!? Nuts I tell ya...

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Helen Angilley
12-09-03, 02:57
/me still thinks you're MrBane.

:p

Style
12-09-03, 03:00
bye

Gotterdammerung
12-09-03, 03:03
Sorry to see you leave. We will look forward to your return someday.

Please feel free to PM Drusus to express any good-byes you have.

Closed