PDA

View Full Version : Nice game kk. Great ideas, pity about the problems. Hopefuly NC2 wil be what u wanted

Benjie
12-09-03, 02:04
After looking at the Neocron concept art is is unbelivebly obvious that the Neocron we are playing is a little different from the Neocron reakktor was hoping to make.

I really really really want Developers to reply there thoughts onto this thread.

Have you ever thought about a NC2? With the pure origional concept and a very good engine, years of expeirience and more power, Neocron 2 could make the Pepper Park, private eye, The Psi monks, and the Viarossa that you origionally wanted to create. Not to mention the hackor, ncpd appartment raides, real speach (omg come on!) and Vast vast outzone that was impossible in the Tekktonics engine.

Hackor
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=conceptart&id=conhacker_big
NCPD raid
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=conceptart&id=conncpd_patrol_big
Medical
http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=conceptart&id=conbioboost_big

:)

enablerbr
12-09-03, 02:13
we as a community could all club together $350,000 (us dollars) and buy the unreal engine liecence for M J's birthday. :D

Marx
12-09-03, 02:16
that medical exam looks kinky.

:cool:

VictorKruger
12-09-03, 02:22
well if all 17K+ users were still around, all we had to do was chip in 19.69 dollars and we could get M.J. his unreal engine....although i would think they would rather have the engine Bethesda used for morrowind, or even the latest version of the engine that is out now.

Q`alooaith
12-09-03, 02:27
Originally posted by enablerbr
we as a community could all club together $350,000 (us dollars) and buy the unreal engine liecence for M J's birthday. :D

Naa not unreal 2....

Thats just overpowered old tech realy..

Source, now if they could get a hold of source then NC2 would be a nice game, and if they did all they wanted to do with NC..

Hell, they should have made single player game set in the city of NC, and then pushed a MMOG with the lastest engine from that start.. it'd also have won some fanbase..

/Edit

Or or or..

if they could get this one.. (http://www.peroxide.dk/era/)

On a side note, the Morrowind engine, is not all that good, get's about 5 FPS in some area's for most ppl, slows to hell and highwater without a real powerhouse behind it..

enablerbr
12-09-03, 02:27
i wasn't impressed with the morrowind engine. i'd doubt that KK would be given the unreal liecence due to the snobery of the unreal dev's.

though i do hear that the RF is gonna take a new engine for RF2 which RF1 is based on the G3D engine. new engine sounds good with DX9 support.

oops i'm getting off topic sorry.

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 02:40
There won't be NC 2, because you'd basically be replacing Neocron wholesale...

And besides, I kinda rather prefer the current Neocron over those conceptarts... why? Because, one - there's a magnetic dome, it requires tremendous energy, and CA would only extend it over the most efficent areas, meaning that whatever used space well, for maximal population/volume, and two - those pictures of the city look PRETTY, rather utopic, with all the unmutated plants and curvy buildings, and *gasp* everything looks BRIGHT!

Now, I'm all in favor of making all the Neocron City buildings taller and more varietied, the mobs more diverse and realistic, and the wasteland zones larger and wider (5 mins to cross on foot means something's WRONG, ok?), but totally changing the world just doesn't jive with me. What I want to see, is a DEVELOPMENT and FURTHERING of the world we already have.

Tokyo II and Mars and Irata 3 will come. They most likely will subsume Neocron into itself and open up its bounds.

Psyco Groupie
12-09-03, 02:40
im gonna map nc / oz / th / tg in the HL engine when i goto uni :)

incase they gimme some work first year!! :eek:

Mattimeo
12-09-03, 03:05
Did you guys know that the morrowind engine is a modified DAoC engine?

I'd like to see neocron where the hacker is like that and the NCPD wasn't just copbots (but Cop and S.T.O.R.M. bots were the elite power houses of the force)

I had a million hopes for neocron when I first heard about it, and while I enjoy the game, it's not the game any of us originally drooled over.

LTA
12-09-03, 03:11
I thought morrowind looked visually ace.... and now with them new faces it looks even more stunning.... i love TES :p

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 03:54
Heh, NCPD has those plasma pistol tanks :D

Though, it'd be cool to see PE models with those SWAT helmets and armor and assault rifles for NCPD.

And yes, it'd be nice if you could get a hacker's layout in your apt's cityterm desk (NOT wallmounts, NOT the center of the council table things, THE desk in the corner with 5 computer monitors and 3 cpu cases thing is what I mean!) with an investment in nc's and customizable apts... (yes, dynamic objects, USABLE DYNAMIC OBJECTS!)

rob444
12-09-03, 05:30
Bah, make your own engine, Nvidia has free sample codes for all nice textures/lights/particle fx, how hard can it be? doh?

Pill
12-09-03, 08:30
How hard can it be? Look at how long Valve spent making half-life 2, and most of that time was just the engine, if anything, the rest of it was a breeze.

Look at how long Epic spent making the Unreal 2 Engine (Pretty as it is, ultimately a bust when you compaire it to others that were released around it.).

and Doom 3, dosen't look like it will be released before the end of the quarter.

But I will grant you the fact that i've seen engines made by non-rich people, that would cost more than the Quake 3 engine.

Also, I don't think Nvidia's samples cover commerical use.

/edit- Forgot, Got OT

I say just stop current development for the game on the tekktonic engine, and switch it to another engine, and rerelease it on the new engine.

Shujin
12-09-03, 08:35
Originally posted by Heavyporker

Tokyo II and Mars and Irata 3 will come. They most likely will subsume Neocron into itself and open up its bounds. forgot about DoY did we? ;P

sl33py
12-09-03, 10:44
edited by me-

Sinead O'Connor
12-09-03, 12:00
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Richard Slade
12-09-03, 12:42
BAH! NERF KK! GO ASCII!

There now this thread has it's own nerf post.

Original monk
12-09-03, 13:12
Originally posted by Shujin
forgot about DoY did we? ;P

WTF is DoY ?

Q`alooaith
12-09-03, 13:46
Originally posted by Pill

I say just stop current development for the game on the tekktonic engine, and switch it to another engine, and rerelease it on the new engine.

That'd be an idea, but as you said, it could be a long time before anything comes of that..

Nasher
12-09-03, 14:03
To change engines now they would have to re-write most of the game :(

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 21:35
DoY was a given. I was referring to what was beyond it.