PDA

View Full Version : Should I LOM to cap dex?

Shadow Dancer
12-09-03, 01:29
After reading Thanatos's disturbing comment that monk PA will most likely have agility as a negative, i've realized I MUST cap dex. I currently have 27 dex, and about 25 points into VHC for PKing.......errrr I mean riding my hov-tec. :angel: Anyhow, I heard you can cap dex easy in 2 hours or so if you poke a pp or moveon chip repeatedly. So should I lom? The problem is that int takes years to level(why KK hasn't fixed this yet is still a mystery) and i'm afraid of losing 3-4 levels of int by doing this.

What should I do? Is it really THAT fast? If it's only 2 hours or maybe 3, then I'll do it to cap dexterity.

Kazper
12-09-03, 01:30
ITS UR CHARACTER SO DO WUT U WANT

enablerbr
12-09-03, 01:31
strange i capped DEX with my PPU only by doing construction. same went for STR. though i'm gonna lom out off passive and go aggressive till i get high enough then lom back. cause XP as PPU sux.

KimmyG
12-09-03, 01:35
Yes I did dex a little while ago and it is well worth what ever it is you lom. going from 22 - 35 was a 100% change for a the better.

MayhemMike
12-09-03, 01:36
Shadow , You get 2k xp per Move on poke in :O did it on my monk on saturn =\

Shadow Dancer
12-09-03, 01:44
Originally posted by MayhemMike
Shadow , You get 2k xp per Move on poke in :O did it on my monk on saturn =\

wow that's alot.

Thanks guys. I guess i'll LOMMAGE

enablerbr
12-09-03, 01:45
that moveon trick sounds like the old trick with the LE in beta4. then it got removed for it being an *******. funny enough.o_O

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 01:48
shadow, don't be nuts...

I capped DEX like a madman with cloning ammos/boosters - think about it, man...

Do a few kill runs or hang around the MB Bunker, be a TOTAL loot whore about organics, then either lom a teensy bit off VHC/ get CSTSKILL lvl3 buff or borrow a Mine OP, then do a clone run of whatever you want, but remember, higher TL cloning means more exp.

Oh, and a tip - use the smallest amount of organic to clone each given unit of ammo - it'll take longer but you get more exp overall than if you just crammed the window full of organics and just let her rip. Trust me.

I say recycle than lom your INT... that'd take forever to get the INT exp back, lol.

Progenitor
12-09-03, 02:02
recycling and SALVAGEing items can be both profitable and rewarding.

You get decent xp for turning old electic shockers, swoards, guns, knives and whatnot into chems

and you won't have to lom that much - just your vhc into rec - no need to lom the int

-p

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 02:21
I would never consider lomming my vhc for any length of time, really. Hell, I sacrificed agl in favor of recycle/vhc. It's only right that I keep my vhc, as I'm NExT. But short term, for you, yes, I recommend it.

Salvaging isn't really all THAT profitable, only around TL 100 (skill, not items, good lord).

And consider your return from salvaging carefully. Consider the price of storebought chems versus what you would get for selling the loot.

Oh, and I just found out you could salvage organics for chems. Good lord, I wish I knew that a while ago.

Psyco Groupie
12-09-03, 02:46
do some big missions you gibroni (sp?) - research very hard are good .. but u need bps and 62 symp .. prolly both rare on pluto

Progenitor
12-09-03, 03:39
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I would never consider lomming my vhc for any length of time, really. Hell, I sacrificed agl in favor of recycle/vhc. It's only right that I keep my vhc, as I'm NExT. But short term, for you, yes, I recommend it.

Salvaging isn't really all THAT profitable, only around TL 100 (skill, not items, good lord).

And consider your return from salvaging carefully. Consider the price of storebought chems versus what you would get for selling the loot.

Oh, and I just found out you could salvage organics for chems. Good lord, I wish I knew that a while ago.

My recycler/constructor (DEX:61 rec:121) never has to buy chemicles or parts. It is profitable for saving money on construction costs, because you can't resell the parts for as much, but not having to buy the parts is worth it.

Example: (numbers in parens are how much it costs to buy the parts)
Special Alloy Knife - sell 101; Salvage WP1(103nc), Tib(96nc), Mer(23nc)
Double Edged Sword - sell 1100nc; Salvage WP3(413),WP4x2(828 each), WP5(1656), TIBx2(96), MERx2(23), METx2(61)
Tangent High Voltage Shocker - sell 1527nc; Salvage WP2x2(206), WP3(413), TRSx2(828 each!), METx2, SOLx2, MERx2

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
do some big missions you gibroni (sp?) - research very hard are good .. but u need bps and 62 symp .. prolly both rare on pluto

That is a good idea as well - at 600xp per very hard research mission isn't bad, especially if you can get them all in the same zone and not have to run all over NC to complete the mission. (There are few that allow you to do that, if you are paitent enough to search for them)

-p

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 03:46
Well, are you considering barter as well, progenitor, because then, it might tell a different story....

Keiron
12-09-03, 03:49
I'd have to say the research missions are the best way to go imho. They can be done quickly, and by the time you cap dex you might even get a Int lvl :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 04:09
Damn, don't start with monk INT gain, that's just hideous to think about. Oh, yes, I KNOW the pain, don't make me dwell on it.

ElfinLord
12-09-03, 04:49
I think the recycling thing might not be that bad of an idea.

I got my monk, PsiFreak, on Pluto to level 31 DEX by recycling ammo.:D

ElfinLord

Drusus
12-09-03, 05:00
Gents, my parting gift to you all.

The easiest and most profitable means by which to do missions for experience.

Recycling Missions.
Very Easy
Next HQ.

I assure you, for raising your Dex and Int you will not need anything else.

Assuming you even learn recycling.

Investigate and be aware.

Drusus

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 05:14
Well I capped DEX in about 6-8 hours worth of poking over a week.
I also have high base INT now.
After about 2 weeks leveling.
Oddly enough I stopped leveling almost completely this week...not like me, but still, base PSI 96 and Base INT 82(81?).
Heh....
Ya don't need the missions that much :)
It's a nice way though I guess.

Spoon
12-09-03, 05:27
You should LoM it all to Willpower!!!!!!

Mankind
12-09-03, 08:32
You can cap dex easily.

Poking Epic Chip, Taking it out. Repeat process.

Or there's another good way. If you are a PPU, you need all those spells. So you build all of the parts for the spells yourself if your clan owns a factory. +50 factory and +20 from Cst Boost 3. That makes 70 cst which is good for building your own parts.

But I did a mix of things so I capped pretty fast on my monk.

Shadow Dancer
12-09-03, 08:47
Maybe i can do missions while poking myself. :p

Scikar
12-09-03, 10:56
I've levelled my apu's dex by building psi boosters using OP bonuses. The xp isn't as fast as poking an epic chip but I get lots of psi boosters out of it, and there's no int skill to lom. I've been doing my ppu's dex by poking a moveon, his dex is a bit higher in less time, but he can afford to have the poke skill.

EDIT: Also I lommed my ppu's con setup while poking the chip. :)

Peeping Tom
12-09-03, 11:14
get cst imp 3 poked inn... get cst 3 buffs and build Weapon parts 8's or TL 50 drones at op fact
TL 50 drones.. is wast of monney realy :\ but the tw8 is nice to give to clan etc oh btw. im getting around 600-800 xp each tw 8 i build.. it takes a while and fail alot.. but.. you got enuf time to spam or surf the web
K4F

/edit 1 where did you read dat dancer ?

Toni Baretta
12-09-03, 11:22
i was level 81 int and 28 dex when i decided to loom to pooker to get the remaining dex loom to around 65 pooke and use a ppu to boost u the rest needed for the resist chip or moveon.

in total it cost me 2 int levels and i got that back soon enugh so yea i think its definately worth it.

ericdraven
12-09-03, 11:26
If you go for poking - take the MOVEON, not the Resistor chip. Both give the same XP over time, but poking the MOVEON takes twice as long as poking the Resistor chip, thus you will save some money for less Implant Gel.

IIRC - Poking and taking out the MOVEON takes approx. 2 minutes, you get approx. 3500 XP which means you get ~100k/hour.

The only problem with this method is that you will lose for sure (at least) two INT levels.. o_O

deac
12-09-03, 11:33
been poking the moveon this week... and one thing is sure.. you aint going to max dex in 2 hours :P

ericdraven
12-09-03, 11:40
Originally posted by deac
been poking the moveon this week... and one thing is sure.. you aint going to max dex in 2 hours :P
Actually it should take him exactly two hours to completely cap DEX (if he is at 27 atm).
However - i know the XP gain only from spies, and it's about 10500 per poke. Assuming that the monk gets 33% (and this is true for RES and CST) then it should be 3500 per poke.

Did you get less? o_O

Kain
12-09-03, 13:47
Ho-hum,

Tried the poking root (using moveon) last week with my new shiny APU. Dex was the first thing I capped!

I think It took about 7 hours (after getting implant to 65 + lvl boost).

And no it wasnt about 3.5k was more like 1 - 1.25 k per poke.

But since I kept falling asleep from apsolute boredom was probably 5 1/2 - 6 hours.

Wwwwweeeeee!!!! 100 agility and 25 vhc!! Fast all what (combined with my 80 athletics)

I would really like to know how, as someone claimed in another thread, it could be done in 1.5 hours.

I is a research mission junkie as well.

Kain

MayhemMike
12-09-03, 14:00
I think shadow stoped loooking when i said 2k xp per poke in :eek:

mehirc
12-09-03, 15:42
if you want to do something useful for caping dex, try to research&construct stun turrets ;)

[VP]Orion
12-09-03, 17:01
I would go with Peeping Toms suggestion. Cst wp8s or drones. I capped my dex by doing that, it might take abit longer than poking but you dont need any LOMing meaning you wont risk loosing any INT points. And also, you dont need to do any boring LOMs. :)

Get someone to buff you with cst 3 boost and stay in a factory and just cst away. (and perhaps the cst 3 imps as Tom suggested)
A couple of hours later, youre done..,