PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, who would like more Biotech Implant choices?

Duder
12-09-03, 00:31
The Move-On is really just a Mini-Marine...why not have different "mini" versions of the Rigger Interface, Special Forces, Special Science and PSI Core?

"Mini" Rigger Interface

RCL+8 WPW+8 DEX+3 INT+3

"Mini" Special Science

REP+6 REC+6 CST+8 RES+8 IMP+6 DEX+3 INT+3

"Mini" Special Forces

P-C+6 R-C+6 T-C+6 HCK+8 WEP+8 DEX+3 INT+3

(OK, i understand a few dont like the idea of a Monk Imp being made by Biotech, so maybe the Crahn Epic should have a choice between a "mini" Psi-Core and the crahn glove? You could call the "mini" PSI-Core for "Crahn Auxillary PSI-Core CPU" or something...)

"Mini" Crahn PSI-Core CPU

PSU+8 PPU+6 APU+6 MST+6 PPW+8 INT+3 PSI+3

Well you get the idea, it would be like the Tangent epic, you have a choice between different variants of the Prototype laser, why not different implants in the Biotech epic?

Also vote this thread, the more shiny stars, the higher chance someone will look at this thread...

Original Thread - Im gonna be posting this idea every 2 weeks till someone notices. (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74218&highlight=More+Biotech+Implant+Choices+Again)

Mumblyfish
12-09-03, 00:35
I don't like it, but I've noticed. You may now proceed to cancel your plans to post this every fortnight.

Marx
12-09-03, 00:39
like it. 5 stars, as always.

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 00:48
Hell Yes.
Five Stars :)

Xian
12-09-03, 00:50
I have a feeling this thread is going to start getting locked as it re-appears.. but 5 stars all the same.

Psyco Groupie
12-09-03, 00:51
yes - no need for the min psi core .. mainly cos u'd need an apu / ppu one to not get minus effects etc etc

not bad idea :)

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 03:30
o_O @ Groupie

Cyphor
12-09-03, 03:57
i like the idea can see some people especially on one char severs wanting a vendor of some sort to swap imps though,
ie if they've done the epic got a moveon and want sf version. Thats more about implimentation though :) so 5* for idea

nonamebrandeggs
12-09-03, 03:58
I want another mini-strengh imp ^_^, then I can wear Inq :D!

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 04:05
Well... nutty idea, but decent, I suppose.

Make it so they're not epic items, but runs similiar to the Crahn PA / Terminator ideas...

Then make the reqs around 40 - 50 Stat, then that should allow for a great deal of diverse setups.

Don't call them minis, that just sounds awful. Something cool, like "Crahn's Third Eye" for the psi one, "Skyrider's Eye" for the droner one, "Glint of Atla's Eye" for the str one, "Gunslinger's Sight" for the gunner one, and "Jeweler's Monocle" for the tradeskiller one. Yes, fancy names, but they're what I came up just now.

Hell, we need a vec-skill one now, too. Something to put a bit more oomph for the drivers, now what with the new vecs.

I don't think they should be particularly tied to factions... but that'd be kind of nice, like having to go to a NExT guy for the vec one, TT for the gunner one, FA for the tradeskiller AND the droner one, and so on.

ericdraven
12-09-03, 10:22
Oh.. that's a nice "mini" core, it gives more APU/PPU/MST than the "real" one.. :p

Scikar
12-09-03, 10:34
Originally posted by ericdraven
Oh.. that's a nice "mini" core, it gives more APU/PPU/MST than the "real" one.. :p

Moveon gives more H-C than marine as well. ;)

Kasumi
12-09-03, 11:00
Why does this thread keep getitng posted? or bumped? its not going to happen give up.. the extra points in whatever wouldnt be worth it.. the only reason i can see a use for MOVEON is because it can replace a tanks Berserk 2.. if they added more implants.. than it would just make biotech even more useless people use factions for their epics to much.... 1 star..

OTIS
12-09-03, 11:09
Wouldnt the "mini" of a Special Forces be an Exp Balistics Weapons CPU?

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 11:18
maybe so otis but in fairness it takes away the -3 str gimpage that is inflicted on u usin a exp ball wep chip. couple that with a move on and u can be a pe wearin dura/inq 3 armour mate. big difference in pvp with the right set up :eek:

ericdraven
12-09-03, 11:29
Originally posted by Scikar
Moveon gives more H-C than marine as well. ;)
Indeed? o_O Uh.. well, my excuse - as i played my tank there was no MOVEON around... :p

Sinead O'Connor
12-09-03, 11:44
i've been asking for this for a long time.

GurTjaN
12-09-03, 12:14
i wunder why the other classes than monks dont have their attack chips ? it could do - hightech or - agility for pe's so than they would hit harder but it would be less easy to get away uz u move slow mayB nice for snipers ?

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 15:48
A PE, would love it.
A Spy, can't really argue it's bad.
A Monk, would love it.
A Tank, would bitch because they already have it and don't want anyone else to have it.

XenivouS
12-09-03, 16:40
This is a great idea, i think epics rewards should be tailored to all classes rather than specific classes but maintain a theme of the faction you are doing an epic for. Hope KK listens to this one =)

5 Stars!