PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Exp. Player/Mod/GM

RuriHoshino
11-09-03, 20:44
I have a friend who wants to give me they're apt. with everything in it. If they give me the key and I register it, would that work? Including all the stuff in the cabs?

Thanks for any answers!

Lexxuk
11-09-03, 20:47
Apartment Transfer Warning
English:
Character apartments cannot be transferred. If you give the key to someone else and delete your character you will delete the apartment entirely! I've had quite a few of these cases pop up and thought I better give out a warning so I don't see more of them Apartments are tied to the character. Apartments cannot be brought back in cases like these.

In the case of clan apartments the leader has to pass leadership in the 'leader rights' of the clan term and then wait for it to change on the clan key (could be a small time delay in this). Then the key can be passed to him and the original person can delete the character. Please note at this time that ownership can only be passed once.

Be given the stuff, transfer the keys, activate the apartment, and then, u should be safe.

Omnituens
11-09-03, 21:19
yes, remove the items first, then transfer apt. better be safe then sorry.

RuriHoshino
11-09-03, 21:26
Does this apply to primary apartments? The apt she wants to give me is a level 3 she bought sometime ago.:confused:

Marx
11-09-03, 21:27
As long as you register the key before she deletes the char, you're golden. Everything in the app is safe.

Most people forget to register the apps tho' and just wander off with the key while the person deletes the char.

:lol:

Lexxuk
11-09-03, 21:28
you cannot transfer a primary apartment, there is no key for them, only apartments that are bought. the lvl 3 will have a key, which can be transfered, but take the stuff out first incase something goes tits up, and you lose it.

Cypher_Psy
11-09-03, 21:33
I have helped a few people re-roll, and can confirm that as long as you register the key, all the contents are safe.

Be sure to register any car keys that are already activated....
(doesn't matter though if they have NEVER been activated)

But yes, the app you get when you create your character has no key and thus needs cleaning out or it all goes.

Also do NOT stand inside the primary app when they delete......
(if they are re-rolling)

DonnyJepp
11-09-03, 21:38
This is cool, I have a storage cell I want to regularily trade between my 4 chars on Saturn. If I read this correctly, I should have no problems as long as I don't delete the first char to register the apartment.

Anyone do this with their storage cell already?

RuriHoshino
11-09-03, 21:38
Ouch!:p

That would hurt a lot I think.:D

Pill
11-09-03, 22:01
from my massive reroll activities on the test serv, i know all you have to do is activate the key,and everything is there, when original character is deleted, it still works

Lethal Virus
11-09-03, 22:21
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
I have a friend who wants to give me they're apt. with everything in it. If they give me the key and I register it, would that work? Including all the stuff in the cabs?

Yes.

Everything will be transfered; ownership over the apartment, cabinates, and everything within the apartment and cabinates themselves. Happened to me a few weeks ago when a buddy of mine left Neocron.

FirestarXL
11-09-03, 22:47
I've never had any problems transferring an apartment ownership between two chars, something that needs to happen quite a lot sometimes since we don't have any multi access apartments o_O apart from clan apartments. :D

RuriHoshino
12-09-03, 15:54
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies :)

(and before this turns into a fire fest about multiple access apartments, would a Mod please close this thread?) ;)

Nidhogg
12-09-03, 15:56
Closed at thread starter's request.

N