PDA

View Full Version : run cast + shields

Ryuben
11-09-03, 18:00
ok jsut wondering what is needed to run cast TL3 heal ??

my heal = 576% dmg 576% aiming :confused: what else is needed to run cast it (on a pe)

and shields whats a good % for em

blessed deflector 297% damage 297% aiming
Shelter 354% damage 354% aiming

and is it possible to run cast Damage boost ?

325% damage 325% aiming

:confused: :confused: :confused:

petek480
11-09-03, 18:02
You can't really runcast any of those spells. The rof on them is too low to let you runcast even if the damage is capped.

Ryuben
11-09-03, 18:33
prod well explain ur self :D

juvestar15
11-09-03, 18:38
You need to cap ROF on your heal.
My frequency is about 90% or 100% and i can cap ROF with 45 in PSU. Seeing as i have nothing else to spend my int points on i just put some in PSU.

You can't run-cast if you run in a straight line. I found it works best when you strafe left and right. Try it out and see what happens.

Eddie
11-09-03, 18:38
Even I can runcast heal.

And it should be even easier for a PE.

Anyway, besides damage, you should get your spells modded for handling.

Better handling is better chance of runcasting.

Eddie

EDIT: And I can runcast running straight.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 18:48
o_O @ Eddie
I can stagger cast but the difference in the timing on the run-to-walk or still-to-run means from an external point of view it looks like I ran the whole time.

Unless the "handling = runcast" theory is correct, it's not possible, even with totally capped stats (Eg; my heal)

Eddie
11-09-03, 19:03
Well.. technically.. I've gotta stand for a short amount of time and then I can run in a straight line (or wherever I want) and it casts.

Eddie

LTA
11-09-03, 19:04
Can you imagine being able to re holy shelter whilst running away :eek:

Take parashock away and let my ppu run cast the buffs and that would rock defensively :p

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 19:18
Originally posted by LTA
Can you imagine being able to re holy shelter whilst running away :eek:

Take parashock away and let my ppu run cast the buffs and that would rock defensively :p
My PPU Says;
HELL YES.

Rieper
11-09-03, 19:48
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
My PPU Says;
HELL YES.

mdares
11-09-03, 21:53
yeah on my PE, I can run straight, cast, stagger for 0.5 seconds and keep running.. and i can cast heal/paralance. IF i stagger for like 1.5-2 seconds i can shelter and blessed def too...

Phiberdelic
11-09-03, 21:58
I have 71 PSU and I can nearly runcast heal... I can walk-click-run and it casts perfect...or I can stop for a millisecond just to click and then run...but I also only have 50/50 AGL/ATL so that prolly helps me out being so slow, dunno.

petek480
11-09-03, 22:01
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
I have 71 PSU and I can nearly runcast heal... I can walk-click-run and it casts perfect...or I can stop for a millisecond just to click and then run...but I also only have 50/50 AGL/ATL so that prolly helps me out being so slow, dunno.

Thats not runcasting. Runcasting is when you're running and then you cast it without stopping.

DarK | Cid
11-09-03, 22:17
Actually petek480, I think that runcasting is defined as the ability to run at capped runspeed in a straight line and then successfully cast a spell.

Taken as mearly running non-stop and being able to cast means I can "Run-cast" holy ressurection by strafing in fast circles o.o

Kugero
11-09-03, 22:49
if I pause just slightly at the beginning of the cast I can start running and still get off the tl3 heal on my PE - my damage is right at 500% I think ...

hnlecter
11-09-03, 22:54
The speed you run effects it as well.

Shakari
11-09-03, 23:38
ok to run cast any spell works pretty much like this:

you need 500% + dmg

and 70 shot/min

anything above give more reliable runcasting

but it starts around this area :)

Ryuben
12-09-03, 01:44
Originally posted by Shakari
ok to run cast any spell works pretty much like this:

you need 500% + dmg

and 70 shot/min

anything above give more reliable runcasting

but it starts around this area :)

i got 36/min :-O lol nvm then ill have to do with my crouch cast and run healing :(

ZoneVortex
12-09-03, 03:28
I can 100% runcast my heal spell...

Start running, in mid run going straight click to cast it, it casts while I'm still running.

Capped damage
52per/min (Capped freq)

Ryuben
12-09-03, 03:30
what about the shields thow :-O good % bad...come on people its good to talk

ZoneVortex
12-09-03, 06:48
no one can run cast shields period....they cap too low of ROF

japata
12-09-03, 07:37
At the moment runcasting is based on damage% and running speed. KK said that with 500% damage runcasting should be possible... this is buggy though, if you run too fast, it ALWAYS fails - no matter what you do.

I actually had to lom some athletics from my ppu so he could cast damageboost while running (fix this KK, pretty please)

LLL
12-09-03, 09:02
ok im not sure if any of you will understand what im about to say but heres how spells work

when you start the cast there is a imaginary circle drawn around you and aslong as you stay within that circle while casting it doesnt matter how fast you move so you could cast it and the run in circles and aslong as the circle wasnt to big you would complete the cast so yes if your tryin to run in a straight line your run speed does affect it and if you dont believe what im sayin do a little testing and youll see for yourself and as for dmg % the higher % you have the bigger the circle is that you have to work with

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 15:31
Originally posted by LLL
ok im not sure if any of you will understand what im about to say but heres how spells work

when you start the cast there is a imaginary circle drawn around you and aslong as you stay within that circle while casting it doesnt matter how fast you move so you could cast it and the run in circles and aslong as the circle wasnt to big you would complete the cast so yes if your tryin to run in a straight line your run speed does affect it and if you dont believe what im sayin do a little testing and youll see for yourself and as for dmg % the higher % you have the bigger the circle is that you have to work with
I ask you to test that by cast blessed deflector and running around in a small circle (very small = 1-5m?) it wont work :p

Lucjan
12-09-03, 15:42
I can't run cast my heal either. 576% and 51/min. I still need to stand in that second I init the cast, then I can run off. While still at leveling, my runspeed is currently pretty slow with around 65/60.

QuantumDelta
12-09-03, 15:57
Well, I've totally (totally) capped my TL3 Heal.
Damage, Range, Frequency.
It's not pure runcastable ;)

shenten
13-09-03, 00:54
The more PPU you have the better and u need to cap your spell also.
At 171 PPU you run cast holy paralysis (TL102) and you run cast Holy def, you walk cast holy shelter ...holy heal is harder :)
PSU 178.

SorkZmok
13-09-03, 01:04
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Well, I've totally (totally) capped my TL3 Heal.
Damage, Range, Frequency.
It's not pure runcastable ;)

Yep.
I got 80 PSU atm, and just a 3 slot heal (dmg, freq-dmg, freq). All stats are capped. So i dont think Handling doesnt effect anything at all anymore, maybe it did some patches before. o_O
I can runcast my Heal 9 out of 10 times in NC running on plain ground but i fizzle about 2 out of 3 times running around in the wastes...running forward that is.

But who cares? Just stop a moment or just strafe and youll never ever fizzle ;)