PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who does PvP in Neocron

Siygess
11-09-03, 15:36
Discuss.

hinch
11-09-03, 15:41
i voted no its all about weapons etc

not because thats the way i`d like it to be but because thats the way KK is forcing it to be. :rolleyes:

there should be some nice tatics etc but unfortunatly you just dont get them its whoever gets the first shot off with their fancy swirly that wins plain and simple

LTA
11-09-03, 15:42
i'd say a large (85% + ) is down to setups/gun as the tactical fighting involves dodging glue sticks or circling the person your attacking.
But tactics can play good roles to, setting snipers about or having decoy attackers who lulll groups of ubers after them why a few come up behind and muller them in the back.

Spose it just comes down the leader and his clans fight style, ie a tactical leader can end up with tactical battles where as cs types will just rambo out regardless (like i used to on my tank :( ).

But the most common tactic is glue/dmg b/heal

He who stuns first wins :p

Rade
11-09-03, 15:46
Originally posted by hinch
i voted no its all about weapons etc

not because thats the way i`d like it to be but because thats the way KK is forcing it to be. :rolleyes:

there should be some nice tatics etc but unfortunatly you just dont get them its whoever gets the first shot off with their fancy swirly that wins plain and simple

I voted no as well, but i strongly disagree that first shot has anything to do with the outcome in neocron. People can take too much damage for surprise to have any real effect.

FirestarXL
11-09-03, 15:49
Probably the closest I can think of to that is a near capped spy with a silent hunter. It's the one situation that I can think of which actually involves you using the terrain and not just hoping you do more damage to him before he kills you.

KimmyG
11-09-03, 15:51
No. A 178% damage swirly and uber resists is where its at maybe true a the mid lvl

Go fight a guy who is really good at moving and dodgeing and then tell me its all about the wepon.

J. Folsom
11-09-03, 15:56
It's both really; basically if you're both just as good it's your resist setup and damage % which wins, but if one player is far better then the other then the guy with the most skill can win as well. (Which is mostly in evidence in the fact that liberator using pistol PE's can actually kill someone, or the fact that droners can kill people without having their drones destroyed instantly ;P)

LTA
11-09-03, 15:57
Originally posted by KimmyG
No. A 178% damage swirly and uber resists is where its at maybe true a the mid lvl

Go fight a guy who is really good at moving and dodgeing and then tell me its all about the wepon.

since you can fire cursed souls out your ass it dosent matter as long as you get a lock to start with then you only need target for a few seconds and click and watch plasma home in :p

KimmyG
11-09-03, 15:58
Originally posted by LTA
since you can fire cursed souls out your ass it dosent matter as long as you get a lock to start with then you only need target for a few seconds and click and watch plasma home in :p

Watch me fight zoneseek I cant get that lock on him cause he is strafing all over the place.

LTA
11-09-03, 16:00
Watch me fight zoneseek I cant get that lock on him cause he is strafing all over the place.

Do as you run in at the fight start before they get chance to, 1v1 duels fair enough dodgers are akward but its not much of a tactical manouver more an agil/ath monouver :p

Al3X
11-09-03, 16:00
ok the gun and uberresist help a lot, but in the end it all comes down to tactics... why? cause if you would only stand still and shoot around you would probly loose most fights...
i have a pe, and i can kill most smurf pa's 1 on 1.. not because my gun is better, or because i got better resist.. but just because i can:
1) stealth
2) damage boost
3) runcast heal
4) got shelter/deflector with good damage %
5) im pretty fast

so yes, you do need tactics if you want to win against someone who is bigger then you... standing still and just shooting wont help you much :p

KimmyG
11-09-03, 16:02
Originally posted by LTA
its not much of a tactical manouver more an agil/ath monouver :p

crank u agil/ath and go fight someone if you think getting 200/200 would make you not get hit ur misteaken. HIgh stats dont make someone good.

enablerbr
11-09-03, 16:02
what good is dodgeing if the 1st suprise attack is para spell. your only skill will be chewing pills fast enough.:D

LTA
11-09-03, 16:05
crank u agil/ath and go fight someone if you think getting 200/200 would make you not get hit ur misteaken. HIgh stats dont make someone good.

Yes they do...

I wouldn't be able to fight using my cs if i didnt have High H-C, i wouldnt be able to survive if i didint have High Resists, i wouldn't be able to run if i dint have High Agil/Ath.... infact if my stats weren't high skillfull or not i wouldn't have much of a chance.. the game mechanics are based on stats, higher = better what use is being a uber fps fighter if you cs cant hit a barn door?
Or you cant run fast enough to dodge shots?
or you cant runcast your hl?

You need high stats to even start being good, skill comes into it when your at the highest matching everyone else.... sorta

KimmyG
11-09-03, 16:09
IM not saying resists and stats have no effect they do help a fair ammount but they dont make you good. IF you give some n00b a good tank setup up he is not gonna run in to pepper and own the place or destroy a large array of people in NF.

Lucjan
11-09-03, 16:21
Originally posted by enablerbr
what good is dodgeing if the 1st suprise attack is para spell. your only skill will be chewing pills fast enough.:D

So true, so sad :(

kurai
11-09-03, 17:50
As a spy I simply have to play smart, as I am excluded from the "resist test party" types of fights.

Which is no bad thing - in nearly every game I play I usually go the "smart 'n' sneaky" route as opposed to "Arnie goes bugfuck" type blasting.

In most games I simply don't die very much - the kills naturally flow from that. It may not give me an uber kill per hour ratio, but I am *damn* hard to finish off, and I always have a great kill/death ratio.

Same is true in Neocron.

hinch
11-09-03, 17:51
Originally posted by kurai
As a spy I simply have to play smart, as I am excluded from the "resist test party" types of fights.

Which is no bad thing - in nearly every game I play I usually go the "smart 'n' sneaky" route as opposed to "Arnie goes bugfuck" type blasting.

In most games I simply don't die very much - the kills naturally flow from that. It may not give me an uber kill per hour ratio, but I am *damn* hard to finish off, and I always have a great kill/death ratio.

Same is true in Neocron.

cos your s stealing little bitch :)

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 18:12
40/60%

Former/Latter.

Can't live without both ;)

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 20:22
Fighting smarter>fighting harder

I don't like "dueling" and I don't believe in "honor" in PvP, well except that you shouldn't attack people lower level than you. I'm not a good dueler, but i'm a great killer.

mdares
11-09-03, 22:13
i would say 40 % skillz & tactics, 60 % weap & resists...

if u had all the skill but was using a bat... and had for resists 0 0 0 0, i really doubt u can kill another char with a CS and "decent" resists...

but skillz are important; it CAN make up for the lack of good equip or resist setup... (assuming the two in comparison are not THAT far difference)

Dribble Joy
11-09-03, 22:18
What did Einstien say about religion and science?

Mirco
12-09-03, 03:15
I think the whole resistbuisiness is drawn to far. People standing around burning in half a minute after being hit(perhaps a bug), asbesto skin, catching plasma rounds with your teeth, chewing then spitting them out flips and flops wtf is this?Human talent for destruction has always been greater than our talent for shielding or healing ourself. I think weapons should hurt more or resists/armor toned down and ppus, they are very usefull and im glad having them around, but I just get a feeling PvP and op-wars would be more fun if the ppus just weren`t there. When I fire up my near capped FL, which has taken me countless hours to use at this lvl and rips of a burst, I dont care if you are an radiated Arnold Schwarzenegger with 70 steroidshots in his ass sitting inside a M1 abrams battletank drinking his concrete-shake, I still wanna see some real hurtage.

K, looking back over what I just read, I might be a little off topic :o. Sorry my problem is with the ppu.

Tycho C
12-09-03, 03:24
While it has been said, I'll agree.

Skill can make up for -some- of the shortcomings of the numbers that determine pwnage. This isn't a click and wait PvP style. But numbers are a large part of the NC combat system.

The question: Too large? Or does it prevent a more technical version Counter-Strike?