PDA

View Full Version : Do the new gr rules send ppl to one faction?

LTA
11-09-03, 13:30
I been thinking are the gr rules forcing people into a faction simply to level easier?

This isn't a nerf or owt its a question, cuz now i look at the map and see like2 factions dominating most it of it with like the odd faction with 1 op.
So do people now pick a faction based on who owns the most good leveling spots (tg in this case tbh) or what?

Helen Angilley
11-09-03, 13:40
Nope, it's cowardice and fear that drives them to one Faction.

DarK | Cid
11-09-03, 13:55
The new GR rules probably have led some of the clanless runners to go join the most dominating faction. Perhaps some people who are frustrated with being unable to GR certain places have even left their clans to switch.

To answer your question, (or at least try to), I think it's really a question of "Would spending an hour or two to change my faction temporaily prevent me from being ganked by most people and let me GR almost anywhere?" and "Will I ultimately gain that time back by being able to instantly GR anywhere and avoid times when I may have been PK'd?".

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 14:16
FA TS TG and PP hold ops on Uranus.
FA TS TG PP And Crahn and BD compete for ops I think

Lucjan
11-09-03, 14:18
Most likely many people do choose the faction with most OPs in good leveling areas. But these new GR rules are also a reason for some "bored" players to switch to a weak faction for a challange as now they can make a difference.

Besides, with DoY it seems we get split into city and non-city so the factions as they are now wont be that important anymore: you will just have to chose the side of the conflict you thing suits your needs better ;-)

Scikar
11-09-03, 14:29
It just shows that the TG method of recruiting works. Look how many members we have, all supporters of democracy and committed to overthrowing Reza's fascist regime.

Doc Holliday
11-09-03, 14:31
just one thing on uranus qd and any other players readin. Has anyone else noticed a few more low ranked bd runners or is it just me since i switched over. o_O they keep popping up but BD is the smallest faction on uranus server. Next to Tsunami they are a giant Conglomerate and we are a small corner shop. :lol:

J. Folsom
11-09-03, 14:32
Originally posted by Scikar
It just shows that the TG method of recruiting works. Look how many members we have, all supporters of democracy and committed to overthrowing Reza's fascist regime. Do you mean the method of recruiting as in actually trying to convince people by talking to them, or do you mean converting as in shooting them on sight ;)

Just kidding though, it's not all that bad.

Scikar
11-09-03, 14:34
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Do you mean the method of recruiting as in actually trying to convince people by talking to them, or do you mean converting as in shooting them on sight ;)

Just kidding though, it's not all that bad.

Put it this way. I used to tell people to join TG, and they laughed at me. I don't see the point in wasting my time now. Besides everyone's TG now anyway if you believe people like Helen. :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
just one thing on uranus qd and any other players readin. Has anyone else noticed a few more low ranked bd runners or is it just me since i switched over. o_O they keep popping up but BD is the smallest faction on uranus server. Next to Tsunami they are a giant Conglomerate and we are a small corner shop. :lol: Have you also noticed that BT and NEXT are effectively dead?
I still don't have an explanation of that one....

SigmaDraconis
11-09-03, 14:38
Originally posted by DarK | Cid
The new GR rules probably have led some of the clanless runners to go join the most dominating faction. Perhaps some people who are frustrated with being unable to GR certain places have even left their clans to switch.

To answer your question, (or at least try to), I think it's really a question of "Would spending an hour or two to change my faction temporaily prevent me from being ganked by most people and let me GR almost anywhere?" and "Will I ultimately gain that time back by being able to instantly GR anywhere and avoid times when I may have been PK'd?".

WHA??! spending yur time here posting on the forums when I have those spells to be built?!

Er anyway, I'm sure some people become sheep and move around to suit their needs, but for the most part I've noticed people getting by. Those FF bastards keeping cycrow open on Pluto helps a bit I suppose :rolleyes: *hint to SS regarding Soliko*

Doc Holliday
11-09-03, 14:42
yeah v true. i think sheep is the issue. too many "flock" ( love that line ) to the dominating clans dont wanna b under dogs etc. As for biotech well they have never been a massive part of the uranus server have they o_O i dont remember ever being that big. as for next. i think the only clan i ever saw again that did anything major was flux. they have all moved on to C I E ( tsunami faction ) ALso noted TWG are makin an apparent come back. nice to see now the johnsons are back on the server. U forget to mention DRE tho qd. u guys absorbed Heavens angels and buried that faction tho didnt u :p

IMO i think its all due to the fact of the faction enemies of each faction which makes or breaks that faction. i mean tt isnt a huge huge faction no more and theres plenty of ANTI city factions so why be biotech other than for the move on. same with next. it always came accross to me as city i.e CA PP TT DRE BIO etc VS all the others. when u got a faction like next and pp or bio and tt against each other its like INfighting amongst the city factions. heh maybe that puts people off. i dunno im just speculating.

ezza
11-09-03, 14:44
the new rules havnt sent me to one faction, im now black dragon, when i logged of last night only GR i had access to(apartfrom point red etc) was tescom, i have to run everywhere.

Psyco Groupie
11-09-03, 14:46
if the clan holding an 'amazing' leveling area are keeping it closed / partially closed .. take the op from them .. they deserve it

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 14:52
*blink*
we absorbed HA? ..I was away at the time? err.. haven't heard about this o.o

Doc Holliday
11-09-03, 16:04
er thats what i heard qd mate. yeah u were away but it was sposed to happen. not seen any ha about for a while either but i could be wrong

@ psycho. thats all well and good in theory mate but u yourself no how hard it can b at times im sure to raise a force to take an op. specially bein in such a small faction like black dragon which is what i am.

enablerbr
11-09-03, 16:07
only the weak and sheep will switch faction sides. just so they can use GR's and hunt in safety.

Spikadelia
11-09-03, 17:04
Originally posted by enablerbr
only the weak and sheep will switch faction sides. just so they can use GR's and hunt in safety.

Baaaaaaah. Lenin said "when amongst wolves, howl like a wolf"
Me wears sheeps clothing till am ready to be Wolf....

Switching to a dominant Faction to gain access to Factories, Labs is unbelievably fekking useful for fledgling CSTers , RESers to reduce costs, up slot chances etc etc.

LTA is absolutely right in his argument that the GR rules influence faction switching, so too Doc Holliday stating that the current City Faction rivalries undermine the support base for the minor clans. Hopefully DoY will concentrate City loyalties much more strongly.

I've chosen Biotech as a starting clan specifically to swim against the tide......... but if you want to level successfully or CST with any kind of bonus you have to be pragmatic and shift faction.

Reducing the argument down to a "pussy jibe" is plain simple. You listening Helen?

alig
11-09-03, 17:13
Everyone joins one faction mainly on Uranus so they dont have to resist them, its a fucking joke and it should be removed....im BD and the entire map is owned by TS just about :rolleyes: i couldnt care who owns the ops no more cuz its one big fuck up personally from KK themselfs, Clan 1 takes op from Clan 2.....Clan 1 fight of Clan 2, kill them, Clan 2 come back with Clan 3, beat Clan 1, hack it back, wash rinse repeat.........:rolleyes: ................:rolleyes: ..............:rolleyes: .........KK...............:rolleyes:

Darth Slayer
11-09-03, 17:43
Alig's right there alot of well anti city clans stick together and fight together, hence any procity clan that sticks it's head above the parapet gets it shot off by hordes of runners. Maybe the city clans need to be better organised.

Ascension
11-09-03, 18:12
Who hold Ops Shut on pluto really?:confused:

Not main Lvling OPs anyway:)

joran420
11-09-03, 21:46
I dunno i havent been playing too much but ive only had to use an alternate GR on 2 occasions.......and ummmm neither time was i going to lvl:angel: