PDA

View Full Version : Slot enhancers

KimmyG
11-09-03, 07:12
Plain and simple make them store bought there peices of shit not worth the lube to construct. 0.9 WTF is garutine 1 slot who is this good for a n00b who wants at least one slot on a gun and can't afford to do a large load are they gonna take the time or spend the moeny to get an 0.9 no. I say slap a fair price on them and sell the from crytons and take them clean out of the rare pool.

Psychoninja
11-09-03, 07:15
I would perfer if they were dropped by mobs just like imps.
If they made them storebought, I would really like a FAIR price on them, no BS beta4 prices. Why does it have to be so hard to get slots on a weapon? Make it simple with slot enhancers.

Atleast remove the crappy 1 and 2 slot, slot enhancers, keep the 3 in.

KimmyG
11-09-03, 07:17
Fair enough dropped off mobs just get those things out of the rare pool cause there are pure shit.

Psychoninja
11-09-03, 07:19
The Illegal slot enhancer is great tbh.
It's awsome for spells.

Marx
11-09-03, 07:20
random slottage is bullshit.

Nothing is more crap than having a skill level 220 constructor build you 10 junkrifles only to get one with one slot.

I mean, wouldn't one think that the person with high skill can guarantee parts for specialties?

I mean hell - real weaponsmiths are like that.

more skill = more addons

Though I don't think making slot enhancers purchasable is the way to deal with the random slottage issue.

KimmyG
11-09-03, 07:23
Originally posted by Marx
Though I don't think making slot enhancers purchasable is the way to deal with the random slottage issue.

NOt my solution for random slots its my solution for getting 0.9 and 1.5 out of the same pool as the Marine,SF,Core,SS and the ultima's.

Illegal aint to bad maybe leave that as a rare but come on 1 or 2 slots a nice rare.

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 08:01
they should be dropped by mobs,

defianlly need to get out of the rare pool...

Cass
11-09-03, 09:01
I agree 100%.

In another thread we were talking about the fact that the economy is getting messed up because there's not enough money sinks. This would be a great reversion to fix this.

As I recall, the 0.9 and the 1.5 were purchasable from Crytons, and the Illegal was a mob drop. I'd be happy with that (as I was happy with it before).

There's too many rare parts as it is. AND they're adding more. I go bust my hump to kill 30 WB's in a few hours, and with the drop rates lately I'm lucky to get 10 rare pieces. Chances are 8 of those 10 are crap I don't need, including BS slotenhancer parts, which you can't even use on rares. WTF? Ultima parts I can handle, but no one gives a shit about slot enhancers, especially cuz u can't use them on rares.

GurTjaN
11-09-03, 09:23
out of the rare pool

dropped by mobs

or high prices in stores but dropped by mobs would be cooler :)

oh yea 1 and 2 slottters stick them where the sun doesnt shine
useless not worth being a rare

Original monk
11-09-03, 12:02
I want it back like in beta, yust sell em all in the shops, all fo sale in crytons, take em outta that rare pool please..., make a wyatt earp ressable and remove it from rarepool also...

ericdraven
11-09-03, 12:06
Originally posted by Cass
As I recall, the 0.9 and the 1.5 were purchasable from Crytons, and the Illegal was a mob drop. I'd be happy with that (as I was happy with it before).
Yep, that would be the best.
Those Slotenhancers are just too crappy to be "rare".
They can't be used on other rares and... even the illegal one who gives +3 slots.. i mean.. if you are lucky you have to build only 10 items to get a 3 slotter.. if not you maybe have to build 50, but it's still much easier than to collect rare parts until you got a complete Illegal Slotenhancer.. o_O

Ryuben
11-09-03, 12:07
Originally posted by Original monk
I want it back like in beta, yust sell em all in the shops, all fo sale in crytons, take em outta that rare pool please..., make a wyatt earp ressable and remove it from rarepool also...

think how sit a wyatt earp would be with 98% stats.............:lol: :lol:

Scikar
11-09-03, 12:10
Wyatt should be an epic weapon like the Terminator will be.

0.9 and 1.5 slot should be available in shops, also maybe 0.9 should drop from Butchees and Launcher Cyclops.

Illegal should drop whole from WBs, doomies, grims etc.

Shockwave
11-09-03, 12:16
Just to add another voice to the "good idea" side, making the 0.9 and 1.5 store-bought from Cryton's (Say, 25k for a 0.9, and 150k for a 1.5), and the Illegal slottie dropped by WBs, Grims, Doomies etc. is an excellent idea.

Shock.

Lucjan
11-09-03, 13:24
Yep, that way it should be. 0.9 and 1.5 from Crytons and illegal drop on high level mobs or even staying rare, doenst matter that much. Illegals are usefull, 0.9 and 1.5 as rares are not, waste of space in the rare loot tables and a pain in the ass.

MayhemMike
11-09-03, 14:04
Dead aminals kimmy ?

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 14:23
Originally posted by Lucjan
Yep, that way it should be. 0.9 and 1.5 from Crytons and illegal drop on high level mobs or even staying rare, doenst matter that much. Illegals are usefull, 0.9 and 1.5 as rares are not, waste of space in the rare loot tables and a pain in the ass.

Agreed.
0.9 + 1.5 = shop bought.
Illegal = whole drop...

Progenitor
11-09-03, 14:46
I would say make them all drop hole from MOBs. Put them in the same drop pools and level 1 (0.9), 2 (1.5) and 3 (Illegal) implants are.

-p

SigmaDraconis
11-09-03, 15:04
Originally posted by Original monk

Wyatt Earp is now a legit gun believe it or not..no probs with it being in the rare pool....

the SE 1 and 2 gotta go..crytons..mobs..or totally removed...but they shouldnt be in the already murky rare pool...illegals can stay tho..theyre quite usefull.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 15:06
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Wyatt Earp is now a legit gun believe it or not..no probs with it being in the rare pool....
:lol: http://forums.shatteredstar.com/graemlins/icon_rofl.gif

SorkZmok
11-09-03, 15:13
imo it would ruin business for ressearchers and constructors. cause ppl wouldnt need to build more than 1 gun to get a good one.

so how bout the idea they would drop complete, not in tech parts? that would be the best solution i think.

Shockwave
11-09-03, 15:18
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
:lol: http://forums.shatteredstar.com/graemlins/icon_rofl.gif

It's true, you know. What with the pistol un-nerfs recently if you can get a decent RoF on one they're bloody deadly. Mainly because the ammo for it, 9mm, is one of the few ammo types that can give damage stacks. The Uranium modded version is just NASTY, because it's a 30 sec DoT per bullet. It all adds up fairly quickly.

Wyatt=badly under-rated.

Shock.

Al3X
11-09-03, 15:33
imo it should be somewhat like this

slotenhancer 0.9 - sold @ crytons (10k or so)
slotenhancer 1.5 - dropped by wbs
illegal slotenhancer - dropped by high ranked mobs (120/120, decayed's, etc)

enablerbr
11-09-03, 15:33
Originally posted by SorkZmok
imo it would ruin business for ressearchers and constructors. cause ppl wouldnt need to build more than 1 gun to get a good one.

if the 0.9 and 1.5 was at a high rate say 100k and 250k. if a player can afford them. they'll probably still get 10 guns made up with 10 SEs just to get better slots. i know thats what i've done in the past.

so yes i say make 0.9 and 1.5 SEs sold in cyrtons again. leave illegal SE as a whole mob drop item.

Shockwave
11-09-03, 15:39
Thing with the 0.9 Slottie is no mid level or above runner in his right mind is going to use one, because he can get hold of a 1.5 and guarentee 2 slots, not 1. The 0.9 is mainly aimed at n00bs really. If you price the 0.9 at 100k, no n00b in the world is going to be able to afford one on his own.

I'd say 15-25k for a 0.9 at Crytons, 150-250k for a 1.5 at Crytons (with the Illegal into the same drop pool as the level 3 imps).

Shock.

ericdraven
11-09-03, 15:40
Originally posted by Shockwave
It's true, you know. What with the pistol un-nerfs recently if you can get a decent RoF on one they're bloody deadly. Mainly because the ammo for it, 9mm, is one of the few ammo types that can give damage stacks. The Uranium modded version is just NASTY, because it's a 30 sec DoT per bullet. It all adds up fairly quickly.

Wyatt=badly under-rated.

Shock.

It's a 5 sec DoT, not 30... o_O

Shockwave
11-09-03, 15:44
I'll confess I've never used a Wyatt personally, but a friend of mine loved his. When I saw him using it on a Warbot, the damage just stacked and stacked and stacked. It was ludicrous in the end (AND this was pre un-nerfing). 30 secs was an estimate based on observed damage to various mobs. It might not be 30 secs, but it's a damned sight longer than 5 secs.

Shock.

J. Folsom
11-09-03, 15:47
Originally posted by Shockwave
It might not be 30 secs, but it's a damned sight longer than 5 secs. Actually, that's simply because the stack lasts longer and longer if you keep shooting; if your friend shot once the effect would have lasted 5 seconds.
You can see this pretty well by getting shot by something which stacks damage yourself, I'm pretty sure it works the same way on mobs.

Shockwave
11-09-03, 15:54
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Actually, that's simply because the stack lasts longer and longer if you keep shooting; if your friend shot once the effect would have lasted 5 seconds.
You can see this pretty well by getting shot by something which stacks damage yourself, I'm pretty sure it works the same way on mobs.

Ok, fair enough. I just assumed it was some hideously long DoT-length on the stack because the damage he was inflicting was just going up and up, and fast DoT stacks usually level out fairly quickly.

I stand corrected. :)

Shock.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 18:07
PvM is also, a completely different beast.
Next time you have the chance, hold a 9mm weapon with your character, acquire a lock.
Then Move.
Even at point blank range the aiming reticle opens almost 2/3's of the way? That's NOT a PvP weapon

Heavyporker
11-09-03, 23:02
I prefer the idea of slotters dropping whole from mobs...

v0.9s should be found off the 30/30-40/40 tech mobs bought from crytons only(not Yo's, I mean) for say, 20k minimum (hey, barter will bring it down a lot, so this accounts for that).

v1.5s should be found off the 50/50+ tech mobs (spiderbots included) and bought only from Tech Haven merchants (advanced slotting tech) for something around 55k (again, barter would bring it down a lot, so this accounts for that too)

illegals should be dropped only from the 120/120s. The 120/120s would have a chance of dropping the v0.9s and v1.5s as well, it'd be only fair, considering that they can drop anything from crap organics and TL1 itemparts.

KimmyG
12-09-03, 01:52
I guess if they were found off mobs it would be a loot more helpful to the n00bs kill a hurler get an 0.9 and get a good shot on slots the next time you you need a new wepon.

Heavyporker
12-09-03, 02:03
I doubt hurlers would have the wherewithal to carry around slotters on their person.

Oh, when I was thinking about tech mobs... anyone noticed that the higher level dogs in the pepperpark sewers drop tech mobs?!

What in the world? Are those cyborg dogs or what? If they were cyborgs, they'd have to drop SOME organic parts in conjuction to the mechanical parts, right?

Make v0.9s drop off the 20/20 rats too, then... we can blame it on them because they eat up everything, thus, slotters dropping off them.

Progenitor
12-09-03, 02:35
We don't want them all over the place. Although one slot doesn't always help.

I still like the idea of adding them to the level 1, 2 and 3 implant pools and letting them drop with those.

Or at least along those lines.

The Illegal Construction Slotenhancer would still be fairly rare, but obtainable.

-p

Agnt
12-09-03, 12:07
Yes, i totally agree about makeing slotenchancers drop from mobs.

IMO slotencs are useless atm. Why? Because only place you get them is rareparts and when you get rareparts, do you need crappy non-rare weapon anymore?

I have highlevel cst in saturn, so i can say that 0.9 slotenc is useless, 1,5 is decent and illegal is good

0.9 - Make it cost around 10k in crytons and add it as drop from hurlers/cyclops (this addition would give noobs a LOT better chance to get even one slot to their weapon)

1,5 - This one can cost around 50k in crytons. Also drop from 70-90 mobs(WBs, doomies ect.)

Illegal - This one should be drop from 120 mobs

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 12:16
Totatlly agree. make the o.09s drop off mobs=noobs with better guns=more fun in the long term. illegals would be better as full drops too inside of warbots upwards in terms of mobs. As stated they are still bloody useful for ppu monks as they have to use alot of shop bought/player built equipment and it would be unfair on em to make them a bastard to get a hold of. Plus we all know how poor ppus are. :p