PDA

View Full Version : Mob loot and $$ reward...

OTIS
11-09-03, 06:54
ok i went to crp with my spy. lured a chaser to the gr building and shot out of the tunnel at it. And i got his hp down really far i mean like u couldn't see anything in the bar. Btw im' solo. So he gets on hit on me and i die. Well i gr at crp and wait for si to go down so i can finish him off. Well i kill him and i'm like sweet this is gunna be lots of money. "You got a reward for killing the GRIM CHASER: You obtained 603 nc!" <====this is fucked up fix it plz... i mean i serioulsy lost money fighting that mob. (ammo cost gr cost etc.) i just wanna hear what other people think about this.

Marx
11-09-03, 06:59
they need to spawn old ladies so I can kick 'em in the shin and take thier pocketbooks.

back on topic tho', yeah mate, thats pretty hurt. *shrugs*

but it makes for all that more motivation not to die

kurai
11-09-03, 06:59
It's not a bug - it's deliberate.

When you leave the zone (for whatever reason ... generepping after dying counts) your record of hits on the mob gets thrown away.

Otherwise the whole of Neocron would grind to a halt as the database had to keep track of every hit by every entity on every other entity, everywhere ... forever.

It would also lead to rampant abuse ... zone, shoot, zone, shoot, zone, shoot, zone, shoot ... until mob is dead or you crash or you get bored.

[You get to keep the XP though, as that's added as you go, rather than calculated at mob death]

OTIS
11-09-03, 07:02
thats understandable but still thats dumb i mean it was like 2 seconds later i think it should be fixed IMO

kurai
11-09-03, 07:06
What's dumb about it ?

Nothing to fix, because nothing is broken.

(except you, and that doesn't count :D)

OTIS
11-09-03, 07:07
its fucked up that i did all that dmg and didnt get full credit for it. Not fair!!!

Marx
11-09-03, 07:08
You did get credit for it, you gained (insert stat name here).

The money deduction is sorta like a "HAWR U DYD. U SUK" message.

:D

OTIS
11-09-03, 07:33
:( but i dont its the stoopid lil weak spy class that sux not me. I cant hunt alone w/o dying. *cries* :p

GurTjaN
11-09-03, 09:11
i agree kurai it would be abusing if you could just zone in and out so its not a bug if u wanna make fast cash get some poison resist and a poison belt and do the swamp cave at gravis its like 200k in 1 hour

can be done epiacilly with a melee tank

swamp caves are uber :)

FBI
11-09-03, 09:13
Originally posted by OTIS
:( but i dont its the stoopid lil weak spy class that sux not me. I cant hunt alone w/o dying. *cries* :p

Thats your fault, not KK.

Get a ppu monk next time, make friends for gods sake.

Crest
11-09-03, 10:07
This is to stop other exploits like.... Lure the Grim to the Sync Line or Gr , start killing, take a hit and sync, repeat until dead. Then you get a reward for well not doing much....

You still gained all the EXP, and you had not killed him before you died. Why if you are a lower level you dont finish the job first, I dunno.

600NC, they pay about 5400nc, so you had more than 10% left on him (Yes he will re-generate) but not too fast...
Sorry to hear about this loss, and it cost you more than you staed cause it cost you 2 x GR out, ammo, damage to armour and weapons, poking fees and gel. Dying is expensive...lets all live together

OTIS
11-09-03, 10:17
Thats your fault, not KK.

Man didnt think people would get all pissy about it o_O

msdong
11-09-03, 10:36
after all its 600c + loot.
dond tell me its all junk in there because u cann SELL all that junk somewhere. so that grim is worth around ninimum~2000c wich pay GR 1000c and half the ammo to kill. most time u get even more. if u collect the armors they drop.

Crest
11-09-03, 10:46
Grims normaly drop V10's or Inq3 level items so yes the loot is worth a lot .....

Also spend 40 points on recycle and then your ammo costs are gone

Phiberdelic
11-09-03, 17:41
You think that sux.... I hunt Y's every day, mainly seargents and commanders. I get decent money from each I think aprox 4500 for seargents and 5500 for commanders, and I have never once had them drop a rare part, not even a low-tech part. I do get good implants though Zerk 3's, PSI 3's, reflexbooster 4's, etc...and always armor (mainly duran 3, and others that I as a Spy can't use). I hunt these solo so noone is taking my stuf, they just aren't dropping any rares. I used to hear ppl talk about how Y's will drop up to 3 rares at a time.....I just can't fathom how this is possible, because I have hunted hundreds of these and haven't received one part. Could this be from a patch maybe? 'cuz I didn't start hunting these til around patch 185. Or could it be location driven, as I hunt these in one zone primarily.

Oh well, I guess, They still give damn good XP with a Healing Light, only 3 more levels to cap DEX

Heraclitus
11-09-03, 20:41
Zone hugging (as dieing) should carry penalties. There are no XP penalties for it, so a money penalty is logical.

Dribble Joy
11-09-03, 20:48
Killing a Chaser will net you around 4.5k, wow, the loot will be worth many times that.
Besides, don't you have a tradeskill of some sort to earn cash? Poking nets nearly all my drug habbit money.

mdares
11-09-03, 22:06
erm isnt ur spy a resser man? well either way, use distance and hills to fight shits solo as a spy, just like a monk... i do it all the time with my combat spy; hell thats how i capped him: killing fire mobs from day 1.

Lethal Virus
11-09-03, 22:23
Originally posted by OTIS
ok i went to crp with my spy. lured a chaser to the gr building and shot out of the tunnel at it.
Hrm...Sounds like exploiting to me :eek:

FirestarXL
11-09-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
Hrm...Sounds like exploiting to me :eek:

Nope, that's only if it's impossible for the mob to hit you, he died, so that's evidently not the case. It's just a spy fighting in one of the only ways he can.

On topic however, yeah that can suck if you really need the money from that mob. But it's that way for a good reason, so it's really just unfortunate that you died.

OTIS
11-09-03, 22:58
Hrm...Sounds like exploiting to me

Yes, yes it is everything in this fuckin game is an exploit...o_O

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 12:32
tough shit. dont die......

ericdraven
12-09-03, 13:48
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Killing a Chaser will net you around 4.5k, wow, the loot will be worth many times that.
Besides, don't you have a tradeskill of some sort to earn cash? Poking nets nearly all my drug habbit money.

You get 5679 for a Chaser. :p
However, as you said, the loot is worth much more than the money reward. And even when you die - the loot will be still worth a lot. And the ammo someone used to kill a Chaser can be easily recyled with the loot.

I don't see the problem.

Vamil
12-09-03, 13:53
I have a 39/48 <<<< PE on pluto, I go rare hunting on Warbots. I heard the drop rate was horrid lately, and now I can see its true.

24 Warbots dead resulted in 1 low tech part, the rest was shit... not even implants. Fuck me, i feel bad for newbies.

Doc Holliday
12-09-03, 14:22
hmm i use a 55/60 somethin apu monk solo huntin in j_01 or 2 normally and end up with more loot than i can carry home. other times i take mates and we dont get fook all so it seems to be look of the drawer. mind i did get 3 parts out of one wbt the other night............ that was nice!