PDA

View Full Version : Banner Contest: New 3rd place?

JiNxY
11-09-03, 06:09
ok, for those of you who dont really look at the stickies much
(i know i dont really, and it nearly slipped my attention)

but the Neocron banner competition has ended, and prizes of MC5 chips have been awarded.

this is the 3rd place WINNER

http://www.pclites.com/site2plan.gif

heres what i dislike:

-Its a joke first of all, not a serious entry.
-it gives the impression NC is full of little CS kiddies
-its saying neocron is in trouble and they are desperate for new player base
-its FAR too big (takes ages to download even on broadband)
-its design was copied from the winning entry
-new players wont even get the humour in it

so in conclusion it has brought NOTHING new/good to the attention of the intended audience.

yes its a joke, yes it made me smile, but to WIN??? NO, its a disgrace, people have worked hard to make neocron banners that show the good points of neocron. and here KK reward somebody who takes the piss out of their creation.

so, heres the poll, should a new 3rd place be given??

Mankind
11-09-03, 06:23
Also add that it took about 5 minutes, where alot of people put in 2 weeks. I'm not saying we should have a new 3rd place winner because their decision is final I suppose. All that I am saying is that they have bad taste in art. Sour grapes or not, it's a retarded banner.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 06:25
I wonder if I'll be the only person to go for option 2...o.O

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 06:49
I went for option 2.

Marx
11-09-03, 06:51
voted 1.

get a headache from that ad.

and headaches suck.

KimmyG
11-09-03, 07:25
I not a big fan of banners 2 or 3 I say give all 6 mc-5 to nixons.

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 07:53
for those who care, and dint even see the banner contest thread, heres mine

http://www.xybercon.com/images/ncflashbanner.html

mankinds had alot of effort in it too...

and also, this is what the 3rd place winner said to me earlier in plaza 1...

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay2.JPG

i dont care if he gets to keep his MC5 chip...even though he does not deserve it.

Mighty Max
11-09-03, 07:58
It is not your decision.

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 07:59
Originally posted by Mighty Max
It is not your decision.

no it really isnt...but do you honostly want that banner on other websites trying to promote this game?

JiNxY
11-09-03, 08:42
it would be interesting if we could get some input from the german community, as i cant read german i dont have a clue what all the german guys are saying on their boards :p

but im sure it has a few WTF's in it

msdong
11-09-03, 09:05
so what ?
if u are honest THATS WHAT YOU GET IN NEOCRON

i dont have to agree with this but i think its techicaly cool AND you dont have to use.

btw the poll is freakin stupid. btw- what makes u think the "NEW" third place is one u like ? jeh next time i open a post "i need an MC5 too my banner is cooler"

JiNxY
11-09-03, 09:10
i did not enter the competition so i am not making a biased poll here. i have nothing to gain from the change apart from a banner that neocron deserves!

i think you'll find i provided sufficient options

thats what people get? well ok yes thats true, but how many tampon adverts do you see where a woman bleeds like hell onto a peice of cotton?

sry to upset any people by using that example lol, but its true, who the hell advertises like that? nobody.

Al3X
11-09-03, 09:30
let him keep his mc5 chip, and re-vote for the 3th place.. i dont like this banner at all... why?

1) i cant read what it sais due to the sucky blur-effect and the fast switching between texts
2) it doesnt tell anything about this game
3) "hey like this sig then i get a ds" O_o
4) no screenies?
5) what? only telling useless things about how nc would own sw:g and satisfieing your pk needs O_o ??
6) WHAT? no content at all?
7) i wonder why he got the 3th place at all... even it was someone's sig i wouldnt like it

:rolleyes:

Danae
11-09-03, 10:02
Originally posted by Marx
voted 1.

get a headache from that ad.

and headaches suck.

yeah that banner made me feel seasick. :(

Shujin
11-09-03, 10:06
Originally posted by Danae
yeah that banner made me feel seasick. :(
it gives me a nasua feeling due to the blur ;/

Mighty Max
11-09-03, 10:37
But it is something that creates attention ... allthough noone knows what to do with it ... but click.

I dont like it much too, but i can understand, or think so, why its taken...

jernau
11-09-03, 10:37
I can't say I liked it that much either BUT

1) Who says they will use all 3? If I were them I'd only use the first place one rather than dilute the brand with too many different styles.

2) The Judges decision is final. Why does every decision KK make lead to a poll on this forum about how wrong they are?

3) Maybe they just felt this one was amusing and deserved a reward for making them (and many of us) laugh.

•Super|\|ova•
11-09-03, 10:45
Re-vote the 3rd place. That banner is just pathetic, immature, bad copy of Nixon's banners. Just a coincidence? No, I don't think so. I've been studying arts for almost 3 years now with my teachers fully professional artists and let me tell you, that's not art (also I've been painting, drawing stuff active since i was 4 year old).

Even the behaviour of this guy concerning this subject makes me sick!

Shujin
11-09-03, 10:51
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
(also I've been painting, drawing stuff active since i was 4 year old).
:lol:

•Super|\|ova•
11-09-03, 10:53
Just to be more exact I wanted to tell that I haven't studying arts just for like 3 years ;) and to add more information I'm 22 now :p

TWOK
11-09-03, 10:59
yes the 3rd place banner is shit...but who cares? It's not likely to appear on gamespot or anything :rolleyes: a dumb post with certain people's interests in mind, tbh

the 2nd place banner was good, with a little more content and animation it could've been very nice.

Mankind
11-09-03, 11:18
The point is, people put more time and effort into their banners and thought that putting more time would get them at least one MC5 chip. Then some guy who didnt even plan on winning comes along and looks like an idiot and wins. And his banner didn't follow any of the guidelines for what Snowcrash listed. So why should a person who didn't follow the same guidelines as everyone else win?(size was huge, and it wasn't precisely about Neocron). Also it wasn't very eye catching. It more or less will cause seizures or glaucoma.

Richard Slade
11-09-03, 11:59
To go with supernovas statement as he, atleast says, is an artist I'm doing PR and commercials for my daily bread and I tell you
THAT banner will NOT make any cash at all.

*First off all there prior one need
Name of product, no one clicks things they dunno what it is these days with all the pr0n spam and shit.

*Second, the blur and speed. It's going into blur to fast between the readable text, and so you cannot read it easily with out watching it two or three times, and ppl on homepages does NOT stop to read a banner!

*Third, there's no facts about the game at all, no graphics either,
and to get a product to be sold through banners NEEDS good graphics, simple as that

*Fourth, to me this seems like a very "PO" (Personal Opinion) banner, and those kinds of banners has a tendency to at times even lower sales..

I didn't see the banner contest but if that's 3rd place I suggest that KK starts paying ppl for banners... Ppl with skills that is.
*hint hint* I can get u a good price :D

Barak
11-09-03, 14:18
don''t worry about it, lets all just make sure he needs to say "need poke tl 115" alot :)

ericdraven
11-09-03, 14:20
Heh, why is everyone jumping on that guy now?
It's not HIS fault that he won the third price and he would be utterly stupid NOT to take the MC5 chip.

Jesterthegreat
11-09-03, 14:21
'judges decision is final'... ever heard that? ^.^

Helen Angilley
11-09-03, 14:24
I get the feeling this resentment, or a lot of it at least, is only there because of what was on offer as the prize.

Jesterthegreat
11-09-03, 14:25
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I get the feeling this resentment, or a lot of it at least, is only there because of what was on offer as the prize. agreed

djskum
11-09-03, 14:45
Originally posted by KidWithStick
for those who care, and dint even see the banner contest thread, heres mine

http://www.xybercon.com/images/ncflashbanner.html

mankinds had alot of effort in it too...

and also, this is what the 3rd place winner said to me earlier in plaza 1...

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay2.JPG

i dont care if he gets to keep his MC5 chip...even though he does not deserve it.

Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me. Then mouthing off at him in plaza calling him gay and stuff. Sounds like he'd have quite a good case for getting you banned. Think you need to grow up and accept other peoples decisions. Best or not, it wasn't your decision to make, you just make yourself look like a small minded moron, infront of alot of people...

Hate all this: "your gay this, your gay that" shit! Save it for the playground kiddies...

DjSKum

Helen Angilley
11-09-03, 14:55
[Update: The third place of the Banner Contest was voted in because of the idea and the nice text effect.
Unfortunately the text isn´t useful for commercial use. As the text content is not meant in a serious way, this banner will be tagged as a Unofficial Neocron Gag Banner.
It may not be used on any website for commercial use, but may be used on Neocron Fan- or Clansites.
Additionally the other banners have to be reworked in some parts before they can be used offically.
We will post these reworked banners within the next week and get in contact with the artists for this touch-up.]

SnowCrash > You.

Archeus
11-09-03, 16:05
SnowCrash > You.

Seriously... who would want that crap banner on thier fansite? Apart from the stupid size of it, it does not do what it is intended and implies that KK are in finacial trouble.

If they were having a competition for gag banner they should of said so before they started the competition.

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 16:08
guys read the update... its the offical gag banner ^_^

any ways ... he did win lets all stop being bad sports about it... congradulate him next time u see him (and if ur in pp u can kill him)

Nooq
11-09-03, 16:26
Dolphins have sex for fun too..... dead animals

Mankind
11-09-03, 18:12
Kindergarten artists > Neocron artists

Richard Slade
11-09-03, 18:14
Originally posted by Mankind
Kindergarten artists > Neocron artists

TRUE

Spectra260
11-09-03, 23:03
djskum are you gay or somthing? You seem to get offensive whenever someone says gay, lezbo, homo etc...

By the way I was there when benz went up to kid and was the first to start saying crap.

Benz, I wanted that mc5 so you better watch out! Im coming for you homo! opps no offense to djskum... hhaha!

Mankind
11-09-03, 23:15
Originally posted by Spectra260
djskum are you gay or somthing? You seem to get offensive whenever someone says gay, lezbo, homo etc...

lol that was funny when I read it the first time :)

Mumblyfish
11-09-03, 23:17
Are you the judge?

What's that? NO?

I rest my case. Shut the fuck up.

Mankind
11-09-03, 23:21
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Are you the judge?

What's that? NO?

I rest my case. Shut the fuck up.

Are you an idiot?

What's that? YES?

I rest my case. STFU.

Mumblyfish
11-09-03, 23:25
Originally posted by Mankind
Are you an idiot?

What's that? YES?

I rest my case. STFU.
Self proclaimed. At least I don't hide behind a veil of lies.

Oh, and link me to the bit that said the Community would have a big say in who wins... I must have missed it...

Forseti
11-09-03, 23:26
Nobody is forcing you to use that banner.
KK themself said that the banner was not good to use as a banner anyway, but they like the effects.

Discussion closed.