PDA

View Full Version : Brightness in CS

Psychoninja
11-09-03, 03:28
Well, I haven't played NC in a few weeks, in the meanwhile I've been playing cs. Anyways, sometimes I would play at my friends internet cafe and he has Radeon's 8500 on the computer, the brightness in the maps is pretty good, there aren't any pitch black corners. well I have a Geforce 4 and currently my brightness is the tunnel parts of de_dust2 is pretty freaking dark, and I ussualy end up dead because of it. anyways, the brightness on my monitor and on the game options is set to the max, is there anything else I should be tweaking to make it a bit brighter?

nonamebrandeggs
11-09-03, 03:29
Unblock me on MSN and I'll tell you.

Psychoninja
11-09-03, 03:34
I blocked everyone on msn, got a little ticked off at something and don't feel like talking, maybe I'll unblock you in a sec.

Xian
11-09-03, 03:42
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Well, I haven't played NC in a few weeks, in the meanwhile I've been playing cs. Anyways, sometimes I would play at my friends internet cafe and he has Radeon's 8500 on the computer, the brightness in the maps is pretty good, there aren't any pitch black corners. well I have a Geforce 4 and currently my brightness is the tunnel parts of de_dust2 is pretty freaking dark, and I ussualy end up dead because of it. anyways, the brightness on my monitor and on the game options is set to the max, is there anything else I should be tweaking to make it a bit brighter?

My friend had the same problem, and it turns out it was his monitor.

Helen Angilley
11-09-03, 03:44
Invest in NV goggles you wimp. :p

Although...

"Ah-ha! I see you perfectly in this dark corr-AIEE!"

*Sound of flashbang going off*

VoxteX
11-09-03, 03:46
With a GeForce card and the newest drivers, if your right-click your desktop, go to properties then settings and advanced. Click on the GeForce 4 TiXXXX tab then nView display mode on the side, one of the first options. Then click device settings, color correction, and you can mess with gamme / brightness / contrast there. If you want it to be ONLY bright in CS, I recommend downloading GammaLaunch, it allows you to launch any program and it associates a certain gamma you setup with it, making it higher or lower. Hope I was of help!

Here's a link (edit): http://www.pulsarsoftware.com/products/gammalnch.htm

benz
11-09-03, 04:18
i usually go spamming around pressing the NVG over and over again... its so funny what people say about it

Psychoninja
11-09-03, 04:34
Thanks guys fixed it >_<

Got a nice mix of brightness, contrast and gamma, that doesn't make my desktop burn my retinas, blind me, or cause eye damage, and I can see now =D

Now those stupid newb can't hide :p