PDA

View Full Version : Banner Contest: And the Winners are....

SnowCrash
10-09-03, 18:41
All entries have been reviewed now and here are the results with a small comment by our artist team.

The third place and one MC5 Chip of the players choice goes to Persianbenz on the Server Pluto.

http://www.pclites.com/site2plan.gif

Comment by our Artist Team:
Cool effect, total eye-catcher, but wasn't rated higher because the implementation isn't optimal (text hard to read/faulty text alignment)

The second place and two MC5 Chips of the players choice goes to Pitcher on the Server ? (wasn´t able to spot a servername in the posts, sorry.)

http://www.12monkeys-clan.de/pix/contest/finalbanner_pitcher.gif

Pretty nicely done standard banner, the idea with the lamp is good.

The first place and incredible three MC5 Chips of the players choice goes to Mineral on the Server Pluto.

Link to the Flashbanner (http://system7.tky.hut.fi/~elec/nc-banner-nixon.html)

Best quality, professional, good and consequent style.

Congratulation to all winners and thanks to all others for taking part at this contest. These three banners may be used as offical Neocron banners on other Websites.

Note to the winners: Please contact me via forum PM to receive your rewards

[Update: The third place of the Banner Contest was voted in because of the idea and the nice text effect.
Unfortunately the text isn´t useful for commercial use. As the text content is not meant in a serious way, this banner will be tagged as a Unofficial Neocron Gag Banner.
It may not be used on any website for commercial use, but may be used on Neocron Fan- or Clansites.
Additionally the other banners have to be reworked in some parts before they can be used offically.
We will post these reworked banners within the next week and get in contact with the artists for this touch-up.]

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 18:45
Hrmmm. I saw way better(IMO) banners by other people than #2 and 3. But I think mineral's is by far the best banner. He deserves First place. w00t

•Super|\|ova•
10-09-03, 18:46
Congratulations Mineral :) anna mulle joku niistä :p

*ph33r*
10-09-03, 18:47
Congrats to all the winners, and rofl at Persianbenz's banner... all he did was rip Mineral's and add those weird swirly effects to it :p

Mighty Max
10-09-03, 18:49
Sometime its not the perfect grafik ....

Banners need to attrack the surfer view.

Nixon
10-09-03, 18:50
Yarr!

I'm off to gym, PMing when i come back.

enigma_b17
10-09-03, 18:51
aye nicely picked kk, wonderful job on that banner Mineral

FirestarXL
10-09-03, 18:56
Congrats Mineral, I definitely think yours deserved to win - wish I'd been able to spend more time on mine! :D

I take it they were judged purely on artistic licence then? Cos there's no way you'll get away with using that third place one on an external website (plus, all the references are only relevant to people who already know NC well!). :p

Cryotchekk
10-09-03, 19:09
bah i should of won :D my banner was what neocron was about :/

seriously that banner rocked, though i think him getting 3 mc5 chips for free fucks up an econemy that KK so badly trys to keep in shape

BlackDove
10-09-03, 19:15
Congratulations guys :)

Mankind
10-09-03, 19:31
3rd place is retarded...It's just a copy of Minerals old one.

pfft

Cypher_Psy
10-09-03, 19:38
I wasn't surprised on the first place banner :D
Very good job Nixon.

I agree with FirestarXL, only Neocron players will really get what the 3rd banner is all about. Also didn't those lines get suggested in the thread anyway?

Judges decision final though.

Edit: FFS it's 1 Meg!, no-one would want to use that as a banner.

t0tt3
10-09-03, 20:27
tbh think the 3rd one sucks :D the other 2 was teh banners that caught my eye tho......

and again the 3rd... my eye hurts watching it but anyway congrats u got a ds for it :p :D

jernau
10-09-03, 21:06
All good as were many of the others.

Mineral's in amazing though - well deserved win.

ServeX
10-09-03, 21:06
congrats nixy =)

Mingerroo
10-09-03, 21:37
I love the first place, obvious excellent choice... I suppose the second one is good, and varied from the other banners out there making it a unique, good second place.

But the third banner? I'm sorry but it doesn't really mention Neocron in a mature way (just some obvious I need to win comments and game talk), it doesn't tell you or show you anything useful except for a couple of quotes from a guy on the forum o_O The German forum and English forum had a lot more detailed, clever and genious banners :(

Oh well, no biggy, thats just my opinion. Well done first and second place though, very nice work :)

[edit] Just thought of the worst part of the third place banner, it just makes NC and its players seem NEEDY. "please play or we are FKed", "Pick this banner I need a DS (or something)"

Mankind
10-09-03, 21:51
It's lame that the "Artists" as they call themselves pick a banner because of cool effects.

A)It was originally Nixon's first banner design.
B)It's just text
C)The text is obnoxious, lame, and note exactly to the point.

(sarcasm = on)I saw alot of other banners with more potential, but I guess their "artists" know what's best(sarcasm = off)

{MD}GeistDamnit
10-09-03, 22:03
Great job Mineral you totally deserved to win ;)

great job to the runners up as well.

Genty
10-09-03, 22:22
Told you so Mineral :p

weee Perzian has one, means he might actually put up a decent fight now :D

Lexxuk
10-09-03, 22:57
Congrats to the winner, but a big slap for the "artists"

Having a winning banner a few people cant see, is bad :p Macromedia dont have a shockwave plugin for my Browser/Platform, so I cant see the winner :(

nonamebrandeggs
10-09-03, 22:59
Holy shit! 3 MC5 chips! WTG NIX!!!! Great banner too :D, tottally love it when the visor does that cool thing like what Hippieman's avatar/sig used to do :D.

Jolt
10-09-03, 23:01
Congrats Mineral :)

3rd place one lag's the school comp im using all up. x.x

VirtualReGen
10-09-03, 23:23
grats dude i knew it =}

G.0.D.
10-09-03, 23:44
err not to put down Persianbenz's banner
but i think it was intended as a joke
let me quote some of the things it says
"please play or were fk'ed"
"Like this banner and i get a ds"

err... common did you even look at that one?

congrats to the other two! nixy u know u wanna give me a DS on pluto ^_^ I can see it in your eyes

Syntax-Error
10-09-03, 23:49
Anyone thought KK has a sence of humour. :P

Anyone also noticed all winner are from pluto?

Koyorian
10-09-03, 23:55
lol,

third place is better than mine ?

banner (http://www.skyproductions.de/neocron/ncbanner.htm)

Koyorian

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 00:14
no urs is better. . . i kinda feal sad about this becuase the person ment that banner as a gag... he must be laughing his ass off right now while other people who worked hard (like ur self) get nadda

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 00:23

i thought that guy was joking around with that banner...the one that came in 3rd... "vote for this so i get a DS" or somthing like that...i cant even read it.

i kinda feel....cheated...i mean, i actually tryed to make my banner promote neocron...

but whatever.

not to mention he jacked the background/border from nixxon

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 00:29
Originally posted by Koyorian
lol,

Koyorian

wow, I missed that one, that one is awesome.

Originally posted by G.0.D.
no urs is better. . . i kinda feal sad about this becuase the person ment that banner as a gag... he must be laughing his ass off right now while other people who worked hard (like ur self) get nadda

I sorta agree. :(

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 00:31
also...not to bash the person who came in first, it looks like a great banner...but all it does is flash:confused:

damn...i still cant believe that guy got third...does KK not realize that hes basically bashing neocron in that banner?...

.Cyl0n
11-09-03, 00:37
GRATS NIXON :)

i knew it :p

and umm. .the 3rd banner.. i dunno what to say..........WTF ? o_O

i can understand why some ppl are dissapointed about that.. i would feel the same way if i worked hard to make a banner and then this one gets to the 3rd place o_O :(

:wtf:

.cy

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 00:39
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
GRATS NIXON :)

i knew it :p

and umm. .the 3rd banner.. i dunno what to say..........WTF ? o_O

i can understand why some ppl are dissapointed about that.. i would feel the same way if i worked hard to make a banner and then this one gets to the 3rd place o_O :(

:wtf:

.cy

yea....:mad:

that guy took what? 10-30 mins for that banner? lol...

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 00:40
My banner sucked it it won i woulda felt bad for other people who tried...

Nidhogg
11-09-03, 00:42
I think it got placed for its sheer eye-catch-ability (yes I just made that word up). It stands out a mile, even on a busy portal page and that's an incredibly powerful selling point. It's a bit like those banners that shake around - they're annoying as hell but it's hard to ignore them for the same reason. Just my 2nc.

N

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 00:44
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I think it got placed for its sheer eye-catch-ability (yes I just made that word up). It stands out a mile, even on a busy portal page and that's an incredibly powerful selling point. It's a bit like those banners that shake around - they're annoying as hell but it's hard to ignore them for the same reason. Just my 2nc.

N

so there going to sell the game when the advertisement says

"join neocron or were fucked"

"vote for this so i get a DS"

?...

i thought my flashes were good eye catchers.

Vince Kyzar
11-09-03, 00:51
Originally posted by Koyorian
lol,

Koyorian

I'd say that yours is better than #3 but still yours is too long .. you have to wait for ages that anything catches your attention (the reviews)

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 00:55
yeah but his banner is also a copy off of some ones REAL banner :P

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 00:55
Originally posted by G.0.D.
yeah but his banner is also a copy off of some ones REAL banner :P

yea that too...

Spectra260
11-09-03, 00:56
yea... personally i think Kid's was better than number 3 and 2...nixxons was best, but still kids was better than the other 2. atleast he was actually saying good things that would catch peoples eye's, plus those flashes right before the text's came cought my eye better then that other guys who won third. plus you can actually read Kid's.

Nidhogg
11-09-03, 00:59
G.0.D., change your avatar please. This is the second time you've used it now.

N

/edit - I don't believe Snow said that the banners would be used. Perhaps they were more interested in concepts.

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 01:07
Profile For Nidhogg

Date Registered: 09-03-03

Total Posts: 2701 (14.53 posts per day)

spammer :D

Helen Angilley
11-09-03, 01:08
Sitting on ice can cure those sour grapes, guys. Or so I hear.

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 01:09
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Sitting on ice can cure those sour grapes, guys. Or so I hear.

why do you always say things like that....?

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 01:10
dang nidd... i was playing a game, hoping u wouldent notice :rolleyes:

ok well you win. . . I never win :(

EDIT: actually snowcrash said in the original post they would be used.

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 01:23
I agree, that banner would make no sense to someone who hasn't played neocron.

Ryuben
11-09-03, 03:06
what a crock of crap who thinks the guy who got 3rd is really a GM's alt who wanted a MC5 chip
hmmmmmmmmmmmm consipicy i tell ya :P

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 03:12
Originally posted by Ryuben
what a crock of crap who thinks the guy who got 3rd is really a GM's alt who wanted a MC5 chip
hmmmmmmmmmmmm consipicy i tell ya :P

i was actually thinking that...lol

Mankind
11-09-03, 04:37
Well honestly I dont care if I sound like a fridge full of sour grapes. I feel cheated as do alot of other people. When it was said on the post that the banners had to be clear and precise and about neocron. Just because "it has cool effects" a banner wins? If you were grading on effects I could've taken 2 weeks to learn flash and done a 2 frame banner that had 1 cool effect with the only word "Neocron" flashing. I honestly feel it was bullshit, and it is the last time I participate and put 2 weeks of work into a contest (yes the full 2 weeks), when some guy puts 5 minutes into a partially stolen banner and wins an MC5 chip.

Edit: Also didn't they have a size limit? Look at banner 3. It's over a megabyte in size..right? It seems like the artists didn't go by any of the standards SnowCrash wrote, which in fact SnowCrash didn't even stick by.

JiNxY
11-09-03, 04:58
EXCUSE ME!!

but wtf is that 3rd place all about? i saw that in the competition and i went ho ho ho very funny.

im VERY disapointed, are you guys SERIOUSLY saying your going to use this banner? it means nothing, it says neocron is fucking shit and plz plz plz play or we run out of money...

this guy gets a reward for that???

i feel CHEATED and i didnt even enter!!

you need to pick another 3rd place winner, let this kiddie moron keep his MC5 chip but please pick a better banner to make neocron look good, not like a bunch of 12 yr olds with an art package.

i hope ALOT of people complain about this, its a joke.

Also this banner was way too big, im on broadband and it lagged like hell while it was loading (which took a good few minutes) . imagine a 56k user, they will see a still image practically, and then not look at again, and probably have left the page by the time its loaded

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 05:19
...lol

i was just in plaza 1 getting some crap outta gogo (well my zerk 3 which got broke when i was dueling nixxon at CRP...when a bunch of SS deceided to ruin the fun and not let them rez me)...anyways...

Persianbenz comes up and says "HAHAH KIDWITHSTICK I WON AND YOU LOST HAHAHA"

this guy is taking this as a big joke and fucking loving it...he knows that he didnt put any effort into this, and stole half of the work from nixxon...and then he talks shit about it.

i got some screens of the text that ill post in a few mins maybe...aghh im so angry about this...

i know some people dont understand, but i feel that people like mankind do, we actually tryed and worked pretty hard for our banners...to get out beaten by this guy who doesnt deserve a hacking CPU 1 at 20/20 quality.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay.JPG

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/benzisgay2.JPG

sportmansship.

Mankind
11-09-03, 05:44
Do not flame other players.

--Garm

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 05:51
"i won you didnt"

i still cant figure out how though...

the only thing i can think of is they didnt know what the banner said, because of the quick blurness...or if it was nixxons leet border/background...

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 05:53
Perhaps Benz should keep his chip and another third place winner selected? But then again maybe Snowcrash totally stands by his decision.

Mankind
11-09-03, 05:54
It wasn't SnowCrashes decision. It was reakktor's "artists" decisions. What are these guys kindergarten a+ students?

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 05:56
at first i thought that maybe i wasnt selected for 3rd place because my file size was a lil high...but shit..200k aint nothing compared to his 1.1 megs.

Nixon
11-09-03, 06:07
I think the decision is final. :/

They chose it for third place and that's it. Tho benz did use
my banner's 'frame' graphics nicked from the first gif anim i
posted, and only added the texts plus the blurry effect
which made it reeally big in size..

Weird decision but i really dont think they are going to change
the third place now after the announcement has been made.

And SnowCrash wakey wakey gimme my stuffs :P

(can i change one of the chips for zangerus belt pwetty pwweeease?)

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 06:15
Originally posted by Nixon

(can i change one of the chips for zangerus belt pwetty pwweeease?)

Are you serious dude? The belt isn't even that great. O_o

Nixon
11-09-03, 06:18
Then if you had one i would give a DS or something for it LOL :P

[edit] Tho im 99% sur no-one on pluto has one because my friend
deleted the only one i've ever seen while rerolling his character.
(he forgot to take the armors when he deleted the old char..)

Mankind
11-09-03, 06:20
Whats the zangerus belt?

Nixon you should go for the new droner MC5 chip as one of them. Not one person has one of those so you could be unique and sell it for like 50mil :)

Nixon
11-09-03, 06:35
Naw dude i've seen some rigger chip auction at pluto already,
it went for 13 mill. I think it's the DS or SA which are the most
valuable as SA is used by two or even three classes (lib tank?
i suppose) and DS is a monk's wet dream..

Tho i will only need an SA for my bitch cyl0n and a
zangerus for my tank as i play it almost always.. :P

Zangerus is like a level 2 buff by psi which gives u bh and resists..

FBI
11-09-03, 07:17
The banner that deserved third place is:

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/english/index0.htm

LMAO!

C'mon now, if CDV advertised Nixons banner, the total population
would be alot higher, maybe :)

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 07:27
Originally posted by FBI
The banner that deserved third place is:

http://www.cdv-neocron.de/english/index0.htm

LMAO!

C'mon now, if CDV advertised Nixons banner, the total population
would be alot higher, maybe :)

nah...if they used benz's im sure the population would be doubled...:mad:

Original monk
11-09-03, 11:51
Graphics, images and stuff is my job, i do it every day in and out, and i must say they chose 3 super winners, i like em all 3 veeery much, they really deserve there chips, and even more...

extra 2 thumbs up congratulations to our number one with that beauty of a banner, continue making this stuff, its really cool

Also the banner FBI proposes is like reaaaally neat and would of deserved a chip also

AGAIN: Congratulations peeps !!!

FBI
11-09-03, 12:39
Originally posted by Original monk
Also the banner FBI proposes is like reaaaally neat and would of deserved a chip also

Was that sarcasm toward CDV? They made that flash ad a while
ago, it could have been done SO much better by a volunteer
rather than the actual CDV company.. :confused:

Spy XX
11-09-03, 12:55
Originally posted by Nidhogg

N

it's a bit difficult to see that eye-catch-ability if you have no broad band connection (banner is 1,2 MB!!) O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

hinch
11-09-03, 13:35

Tho i will only need an SA for my bitch cyl0n and a
zangerus for my tank as i play it almost always.. :P

gimime a herc and i`ll get you one :)

Cypher_Psy
11-09-03, 13:37
3rd placed banner
-----------------------

It's too big to be a useable web banner.
It does not mean anything outside the community.
The effect is OTT (Over The Top)

To be quite honest and blunt it's taking the piss.
I would have expected one of the German flash entries or a different banner from the English forum.

I shall sum all this up in one word Favouritism.

As a side note::
NO I didn't expect my entry to win, as I didn't spend as much time on it as I could have done.
So people thinking this being sour grapes can just drop that thought.
As another note::
I have never questioned KK before, but this just takes the biscuit.

Wellard
11-09-03, 13:45
C'mon guys, can't you trust their decision? After all, look at the cracking game they produced. If all we do is whine about this kind of thing, we might not get any more cool compos!! :(

As for Persianbenz :lol: he's not worth it.

I was hunting with teams at MB bunker and on two occasions and he started sniping us then stealthing away, he took out a few low lvl runners, then on both occasions I wiped him out good stylee. He lost his stealth2 both times and I sold for loads of luvly ncs

I did this as my Apu monk Lu Tze, and he was at least 15 lvls higher than me, so maybe the chip we give him the boost he needs to make his lame ass runner a worthy opponent

Good Hunting and say hi if u see me around

El_MUERkO
11-09-03, 14:14
Quality Banners all :D

I hope to see Mineral's banner popping up on gaming sites in the near future :)

Nixon
11-09-03, 14:15
Originally posted by hinch
gimime a herc and i`ll get you one :)

Get me one and i'll give you a herc.

SnowCrash
11-09-03, 14:50
Please see my first post for an info update. Thanks.

Nixon
11-09-03, 14:58
Check your PM's :}

hinch
11-09-03, 14:59
Get me one and i'll give you a herc.

i`ll get hold of you tonight when i get a new belt since im using my only one atm :) but i`ll get another one

Mingerroo
11-09-03, 15:21
It isn't sour grapes Helen, I don't care If I don't win or if I get an MC5 chip or not, I'm just pissed that the contest said things like "must have catchphrases" and "must be relevant to Neocron", "must look good".... Not "rip the piss out of NC and use nothing but blurry text".

If the contest said it has to be highly EYE-CATCHING and nothing else, I would have spent less time on my banner and just said something like:

NC

IS

GREAT

BUY

IT

with lots of flashes and such. Kids banner was better, half the german community had better banners, my banner wasn't THAT great but definitely had more relevance to the game than Benz :(

I feel like the KK team made it look really serious, liek a competition that would really support NC and have real input, then some guy taking the piss wins because it catches your eye. I would not click a banner that caught my eye then told me shit all about the product personally.

I'm not that fussed about an MC5 chip, hell I don't care if this competition is about nothing more than pride, but there are a lot of well made, very individual banners out there that have been made and this one gets picked? Either the team member couldn't read what it said or they were having a laugh.... I mean no offense to KK by this, but please reconsider?

[edit] Just read his update, still pissed about the misdirection in the compo, I was under the impression it had to fill MULTIPLE criteria, not just catch your eye. However, judges decisions are final :(

Nixon
11-09-03, 15:25
Originally posted by SnowCrash
Note to the winners: Please contact me via forum PM to receive your rewards

How long does it take for you to answer them? :P

sigh..

Cypher_Psy
11-09-03, 15:29
Heck, if thats all it had to do (catch your eye) then a banner with the words FREE SEX and flashing porn pictures ending with "NEOCRON, Click here for a free 10 day trial" would have sufficed :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Ah well, when's the next contest? :)

Archeus
11-09-03, 15:41
1st deserves it IMHO.

But omg... 3rd prize? that absolutly sucks as an advert. I have to ask, who is the 3rd prize winner related too? They also need to learn English as well.

I have to agree with a lot of other people. there were a number of other entries that should of won over that.

[looked at it again] *shakes head* Man, if I knew something so crap was going to win I would of whipped something up. I feel sorry for the people who actually put some thought and work into thier banners.

Btw, maybe it's already been mentioned but the 3rd prize banner will make no sense what so ever to anyone who has never played Neocron "DS" "CS" ?? ... and the file size OMG it's over a MB?

Cypher_Psy
11-09-03, 15:51
Originally posted by SnowCrash
[Update: The third place of the Banner Contest was voted in because of the idea and the nice text effect.
Unfortunately the text isn´t useful for commercial use. As the text content is not meant in a serious way, this banner will be tagged as a Unofficial Neocron Gag Banner.
It may not be used on any website for commercial use, but may be used on Neocron Fan- or Clansites.
Additionally the other banners have to be reworked in some parts before they can be used offically.
We will post these reworked banners within the next week and get in contact with the artists for this touch-up.]

Maybe you didn't see this update?

Anyway, the banner contest is all over now...
Maybe we can have a monthly compo though?
Different things to win, like come up with a (something) to win a 5 slot baseball bat signed by MJS. :D

G.0.D.
11-09-03, 16:06
sounds like a cover up.. commnon admit it, no one read the banner.

ok what ever makes more sense as a gag banner ^_^ gj to all the winners

Peeping Tom
11-09-03, 16:17
those are damn good
grats to the winnar
K4F

KidWithStick
11-09-03, 16:43
Graphics, images and stuff is my job, i do it every day in and out, and i must say they chose 3 super winners, i like em all 3 veeery much, they really deserve there chips, and even more...

your not being serious are you?

yes of course nixxons deserved first. but the second place banner only had a flashing light, and dont get me started back up on 3rd place.

oh and BTW, next time when a company tells me that if i make a banner for a contest that might actually be used to promote there game ill be sire to fucking make fun of it and say things like

"omg were fuxord if you dont buy this game!"

"vote for this so i can get a TJD"
(yea i made that up...but you still ddint know wtf it was)

this is the last time i take KK serious about anything. a gag banner...WTF?

I already have a hard time in taking KK serious when they say things that are coming to the game. now this...

whatever.

Mingerroo
11-09-03, 16:47
simple fact, 3rd place did not follow the rules yet instead of being disqualified it WON!

From the thread
-It has to be clear and obvious, which game it is about
-Slogans or texts may be implemented, but their connection to the game has to be clear and precise

Maybe I am bitter, but someone who breaks the rules shouldn't be a "gag winner" or something like that :( They should be considered INVALID.

ericdraven
11-09-03, 16:48
Originally posted by KidWithStick
You just can't lose, can you?

Mankind
11-09-03, 18:09
I think Kid would've rather seen ANY other banner win than the 3rd place.

I still don't buy that excuse Snowcrash so keep up the good work :)

Archeus
11-09-03, 18:15

He's not bitter because he lost, hes bitter over what was chosen. Big difference. The banner wasn't to the guidelines, and rules changed after that fact.

The judges decision may be final, but that doesn't mean the judgement wasn't the best one taken.

If they want a "gag section" they should of said, or prehaps move that one to the gag section (special mention) and pick a real 3rd prize winner.

Ryuben
11-09-03, 18:29
soooo learning from this next time when they say rules they are really saying do what the fuck u wnat we don't care we will pick 3 randomly O_o well u might as well have

Shadow Dancer
11-09-03, 20:12
Originally posted by Cypher_Psy
Heck, if thats all it had to do (catch your eye) then a banner with the words FREE SEX and flashing porn pictures ending with "NEOCRON, Click here for a free 10 day trial" would have sufficed :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

rofl i know right.

Originally posted by Mingerroo

Maybe I am bitter, but someone who breaks the rules shouldn't be a "gag winner" or something like that :( They should be considered INVALID.

I agree.

Nixon
11-09-03, 20:54
http://system7.tky.hut.fi/~elec/hrhr.jpg

sex!

phunqe
11-09-03, 21:33
Mineral, you own :D

Congrats to benz and pitch as well :)

EDIT: I actually read the whole thread now. I admire the KK team's patience and good will. Here they extend their already tight and pressured schedule and what happens? (not just this time, every time) THE WHINING(tm)(r). If I actually knew some of you as a friend I would tell you to [birds tweeting and bees buzzing]. Good grief, what is this. Embarrasing.

Clothing_Option
12-09-03, 01:32
I love the first place, obvious excellent choice... I suppose the second one is good, and varied from the other banners out there making it a unique, good second place.

But the third banner? I'm sorry but it doesn't really mention Neocron in a mature way (just some obvious I need to win comments and game talk), it doesn't tell you or show you anything useful except for a couple of quotes from a guy on the forum o_O The German forum and English forum had a lot more detailed, clever and genious banners :(

Oh well, no biggy, thats just my opinion. Well done first and second place though, very nice work :)

[edit] Just thought of the worst part of the third place banner, it just makes NC and its players seem NEEDY. "please play or we are FKed", "Pick this banner I need a DS (or something)"

Your Banner rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clothing_Option
12-09-03, 01:42
Originally posted by JiNxY
EXCUSE ME!!

but wtf is that 3rd place all about? i saw that in the competition and i went ho ho ho very funny.

im VERY disapointed, are you guys SERIOUSLY saying your going to use this banner? it means nothing, it says neocron is fucking shit and plz plz plz play or we run out of money...

this guy gets a reward for that???

i feel CHEATED and i didnt even enter!!

you need to pick another 3rd place winner, let this kiddie moron keep his MC5 chip but please pick a better banner to make neocron look good, not like a bunch of 12 yr olds with an art package.

i hope ALOT of people complain about this, its a joke.

Also this banner was way too big, im on broadband and it lagged like hell while it was loading (which took a good few minutes) . imagine a 56k user, they will see a still image practically, and then not look at again, and probably have left the page by the time its loaded

I have to agree
I didnt enter the contest but the thrid place banner makes the game look bad

Clothing_Option
12-09-03, 01:45
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
wow, I missed that one, that one is awesome.

I have to agree with shadow [tsk-tsk, that one almost got by]
your banner is very well done

Spectra260
12-09-03, 02:34

KidWithStick
12-09-03, 02:36
Originally posted by ericdraven

actually i wouldnt care if someone like mankind won...or someone who actually tryed.

benz
12-09-03, 04:59
so when do i get my chip :) mod i pmed u already

japata
12-09-03, 07:21
Ahem... how'bout if mr. Benz gives the banner frames+effect and lets KK do their own texts on it? That way it would be useful... just a thought O_o

Mingerroo
12-09-03, 20:33
Originally posted by japata
Ahem... how'bout if mr. Benz gives the banner frames+effect and lets KK do their own texts on it? That way it would be useful... just a thought O_o

Thats not the point we are trying to make. o_O The competition wasn't "we'll give an MC5 chip to whoever makes the best frame+effect" it was a competition to see who had the most imagination, forethought and skill in making a suitable banner for net use for NC. Apparently the competition rules that HAD to be followed didn't HAVE to be followed :(

KidWithStick
12-09-03, 22:15
Thats not the point we are trying to make. o_O The competition wasn't "we'll give an MC5 chip to whoever makes the best frame+effect" it was a competition to see who had the most imagination, forethought and skill in making a suitable banner for net use for NC. Apparently the competition rules that HAD to be followed didn't HAVE to be followed :(

yea...1.2 megs is great for 56ker's...

oh well..i will most likely wont enter any more comp's for KK...they cant stil to there own rules, and apparently they think flashing MC5 chips infront of people saying if you make a good banner you can get one, only to give it to a banner that made no sence, but also was stolen from nixxon, and almost unreadable.

then they try to justify it with a "its a gag banner" BS.

Mingerroo
12-09-03, 22:17
Originally posted by KidWithStick
yea...1.2 megs is great for 56ker's...

oh well..i will most likely wont enter any more comp's for KK...they cant stil to there own rules, and apparently they think flashing MC5 chips infront of people saying if you make a good banner you can get one, only to give it to a banner that made no sence, but also was stolen from nixxon, and almost unreadable.

then they try to justify it with a "its a gag banner" BS.

I know man, but what's done is done. Nothing we can say or do that we haven't said or done. Oh well, next compo I'll try harder, and if this happens again then I'll review the situation.

JiNxY
13-09-03, 02:24
KK have no idea what theyve let themselves in for...

even though they arent going back on their decision (because that would make them look like they were wrong, heaven forbid)
im pretty sure they have learnt from this, and wont pick another joke winner in future competitions...

...oh wait...

they CANT do another competition now.
because everyone will do joke entries.. i know for a fact there will be more joke entries than serious ones.

BlackDove
13-09-03, 04:23
Update: The third place of the Banner Contest was voted in because of the idea and the nice text effect.

Smart move. If you didn't add that part, Lucas Arts would be able to leech you for all you're worth.

benz
13-09-03, 04:50
i won

BlackDove
13-09-03, 04:52
Do not flame other players.

--Garm

Wellard
14-09-03, 01:07
No Benz, you came third :rolleyes:

Which doesn't change the fact that you're a childish knob

They thought your banner was a joke :lol:

looks like most other people did too :D

Well done to everyone who entered, even Benz, cos I ain't got an artistic bone in my body!

KidWithStick
14-09-03, 05:33
Originally posted by Wellard
No Benz, you came third :rolleyes:

Which doesn't change the fact that you're a childish knob

They thought your banner was a joke :lol:

looks like most other people did too :D

Well done to everyone who entered, even Benz, cos I ain't got an artistic bone in my body!

neither does he.

Doc Holliday
14-09-03, 06:08
Nice banner. first place well deserved it. it was almost like a mini anime movie. u could imagine the rushing backgrounds kickin in and some fast paced music in the background

Helen Angilley
14-09-03, 15:47
The more I read the title of this Thread, the more often I see "Winners" turn into "Whiners".

Kasumi
14-09-03, 16:25
Yes they all deserved what they did.. great job on the first place one.. ;)

Ascension
14-09-03, 18:22
Benz is actually proud:p Everyone lets Help Benz wreck his chip..

He deserves it:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disturbed021
14-09-03, 18:31
Damn that First place banner ROX! Good job.

benz
16-09-03, 05:21
omg uber god i r see mc5 on ebay, 1st place uber man is u be that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047053265&category=187

Nixon
16-09-03, 11:40
A bit smaller size version of the 1st banner that's easy to implement on a site here:

http://system7.tky.hut.fi/~elec/nc-banner-nx.zip

It's also a link to neocron.com now.. heh

Anyways I thought if someone wants to use it on a site, here it is.

\\Fényx//
16-09-03, 13:26
Originally posted by benz
omg uber god i r see mc5 on ebay, 1st place uber man is u be that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047053265&category=187

Uhm, you selling your's ? I recognise that name on Ebay tho o_O might be someone that just farm's MC5 all day long, or maybe someone that rip's off ppl's ideas and win's prizes cause of it :rolleyes: who knows ;) :p

benz
16-09-03, 20:00
nope not me,

i have the updated banner