PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Faction-only / Faction Discout Stores

Shujin
10-09-03, 18:39
How bout some faction discount stores or stuff, or some stores that only your faction can get into and maybe even some uniqueness and have them carry weapons you can buy but that req u to be of that faction, like the CA armor.

irl the us military has stores on all there military bases called PX's ( think its short for Primary Exchange ) and BX's ( short for basic exchange i think ) PX's are on army and airforce and marine bases i think BX's are navy ( I think, i duno for sure ) anyway they are owned by Aafes army airforce exchange service.

they own all the PX/BX's and lil stores called Shopettes... anyway, they are all tax free so you get a small discount on the stuff, but the only ppl that can buy from them are Military or anyone with a military ID.

so i was thinkin, why not have at least 2 factions have that, lets say CA or CM and TG, bcuz those are the 3 factions that fight eachother the most and it'd b great to see some unique faction based weaponry bein used isntead of the standard tank with cs, pe with pe or lib, or spy with drone ;P

Shujin
10-09-03, 20:28
no one wants to read this? ;[[[[ * would have edited if i could have so dun b mad at me its not a purposed bump or anythin*

addition to idea:
maybe some tech haven FA only stores to would b nice and Crahn only spells etc

ambrsia
10-09-03, 20:34
i realy like this idea.

Shujin
11-09-03, 10:07
not many others do?

jernau
11-09-03, 10:41
Faction specific vendors are already on the cards for DoY. It's been mentioned a few times by KK (Thanatos I think).

In theory there are a few already though they don't quite work.

Shujin
11-09-03, 10:44
Originally posted by jernau
Faction specific vendors are already on the cards for DoY. It's been mentioned a few times by KK (Thanatos I think).

In theory there are a few already though they don't quite work.

didnt c it anywhere, but that'd b kewl i think ;[]

Crest
11-09-03, 10:50
Reult would be....All onks would be Crahn....while all tanks be CM or TT, Spies go to FA.....

There is always gonna be a faction specific item that stands out for a specific class, like A awsome resist spell For crahn where Tg have a ubber holy fire spell, so what happens hey...PPU's all crahn and APU's all TG....No Faction Balance, leads to Crahn not leveling ....

So no I dont think its a good idea. As it is I have a CA Power armour collecting dust cause hey, I am no CA anymore

Superbron
11-09-03, 10:51
Nice idea Shujin

Shujin
11-09-03, 10:54
Originally posted by Crest
Reult would be....All onks would be Crahn....while all tanks be CM or TT, Spies go to FA.....

There is always gonna be a faction specific item that stands out for a specific class, like A awsome resist spell For crahn where Tg have a ubber holy fire spell, so what happens hey...PPU's all crahn and APU's all TG....No Faction Balance, leads to Crahn not leveling ....

So no I dont think its a good idea. As it is I have a CA Power armour collecting dust cause hey, I am no CA anymore

not if u think it through. comeon not to hard.
crahn are majorly psi but not psi only. and tangent ... finish the name Tangent Technology, if they are so technological they oviously can control some psi so are able to create some psi spells. Cityadmin would probably contract TT to make it some weapons so CA and TT would b kinda the same equipment, TG would be gettin help from DOY and FA would turn out some kewl high tech weps etc etc etc

Al3X
11-09-03, 11:03
Weapons:
So about the Weapons, there will be Faction (i gues that Pro NC and ProDOY) specified weapons that can only be bought by their members but they have no Faction Req, so they can be traded to everyone and made so avaible for everyone.

read doy info ;)

jernau
11-09-03, 11:14

Faction specific vendors not faction specific items.

{MD}GeistDamnit
11-09-03, 11:15
5 star

Crest
11-09-03, 14:05
Originally posted by jernau
Faction specific vendors not faction specific items.

Is this where you have 4 chars and each one in a different faction, so they have access to 4 different faction stuff.

Or maybe it will be like the Fusion Cannon mod that can only be found in TG (That I Have Seen), but some how every Fusion cannon slotted has one. Or the PA suite At MB, and somehow evey tank, and now every Psi has one....
(You need a PA to get the PSI one)

Did you think this thought through. Maybe its not so clear to me, after all I only play the game, I dont't live it

Doc Holliday
11-09-03, 14:28
quality idea. would be very interesting so long as all factions had somethin for all classes. Least then you wouldnt see all FA spies Crahn monks TT tanks and TS or BD pes ( cos they all look like gangsters to me with the shades on )

Shujin
11-09-03, 19:23
Is this where you have 4 chars and each one in a different faction, so they have access to 4 different faction stuff.
solved by having them have a faction req to use... and i seriously seriously doubt someone would have 4 dif factions just so they could do that and if they did not many people would. and 1 char servers wouldnt have to worry bout it at all

Mankind
11-09-03, 19:27
moved to brainport n00b***

But i love the idea :)

jernau
11-09-03, 21:22

Or maybe it will be like the Fusion Cannon mod that can only be found in TG (That I Have Seen), but some how every Fusion cannon slotted has one. Or the PA suite At MB, and somehow evey tank, and now every Psi has one....
(You need a PA to get the PSI one)

Did you think this thought through. Maybe its not so clear to me, after all I only play the game, I dont't live it

I really didn't think it was that hard to grasp tbh. It was in a fairly important sticky a while back and IMO every player ought to at least read that much of the web site/forums.

Basically we currently have :
- Location specific vendors - they are only in certain places (eg MB) but will sell to anyone
- One type of (almost) faction specific vendor - BD dealers talk to non-BD allied runners rather than sell to them. There is a work-around though so they are only an "almost"
- One Faction specific item - the CA armour - you can only use it if you are CA
Coming soon we have :
- Faction specific vendors - they only sell to people of their faction.

All of the above except the CA armour can be ressed, built, traded etc. freely by anyone.

I personally hate the idea of faction-specific items and hope they don't add any more of them. What they could/should do though is make some of the "faction specific items" non-BPable and sell them in a usable condition (as with L3 booster spells).

The idea is to generate trade areas in places other than P1 by drawing players to special vendors.

FYI - I don't live Neocron, I just have a job that involves almost no effort so I get bored and troll here. I think you'll find it's a common trait. :)