PDA

View Full Version : Turrtes + Underground = >;/

Shujin
10-09-03, 18:21
i was walkin thru Northstar uplink, owned by CMA ( which is fuckass's for not having it able to share with allied factions and they always bitch about TG yet TG's ops almost all share ) anyway, i was walkin thru pissed off bcuz i didnt get that +25 hack from allied factionness and there were no turrets in sight which i didnt even think of bcuz i didnt think they even attack me being allied faction and having fuckin LE in >;/... well i went underground to use citycom a bit, well i came out of synch and i was dead, what killed me?!? guess what, they have turrets in the room u sync into, so most of the time u die before u even fuckin know >;|

that = BULLSHIT

XenivouS
10-09-03, 18:42
then dont go down into the UG. Turrets are near the entrance to the UG for defensive purposes to keep the aggressor back until re-enforcements arrive or getting ready to attack. Having an LE in and dying because of such is a nice penalty because being an enemy faction/clan still doesnt mean you cant get killed from those turrets. And if they are allied/neutral then it goes to my original reasoning for defending an OP because lets face it not all clans regarless of being the same faction or not dont quite see eye to eye. If you have a problem try DMing the clan leader or senior member to lower defenses while you do what u need to do.

Shujin
10-09-03, 18:45
Originally posted by XenivouS
then dont go down into the UG. Turrets are near the entrance to the UG for defensive purposes to keep the aggressor back until re-enforcements arrive or getting ready to attack. Having an LE in and dying because of such is a nice penalty because being an enemy faction/clan still doesnt mean you cant get killed from those turrets. And if they are allied/neutral then it goes to my original reasoning for defending an OP because lets face it not all clans regarless of being the same faction or not dont quite see eye to eye. If you have a problem try DMing the clan leader or senior member to lower defenses while you do what u need to do.

well its kinda fucked up, i got LE in, im allied faction and i didnt even fuckin think they were that much of ass's and isnt that kinda exploiting, putting turrets in room ull sync into, kinda like putin turrets in front of a fuckin GR, u die before u fuckin sync into it

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 18:48
I/My clan have been told it's exploiting, originally when this became possible, most clans that intended to do it posted warnings of their intensions on the political forum(this is uranus, of course).

Heh, not sure what to say about it, it's not a bad idea, considering you deploy into the UG, and we have had a few people camping the UG when we got there.

We still tend to use our old "Deploy to nearby op" tactic.

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 18:50
Interesting to note a self-professed newbie killer has their LE chip installed.

Shujin
10-09-03, 18:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I/My clan have been told it's exploiting, originally when this became possible, most clans that intended to do it posted warnings of their intensions on the political forum(this is uranus, of course).

Heh, not sure what to say about it, it's not a bad idea, considering you deploy into the UG, and we have had a few people camping the UG when we got there.

We still tend to use our old "Deploy to nearby op" tactic. well they could at least put it in the fuckin door, u die b4 u even know its down there, and if it was in next room when u open door itll kik ur ass to but at least u mite b able to run

Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Interesting to note a self-professed newbie killer has their LE chip installed. and noob pkers say what if u dont wanna b killed? put LE in *claps , its a noob char of mine , i want to lvl it up b4 it fights. thats why i get pissed when ppl bitch when i kill them, they have a chance to put LE in or not even take it out, but they decide there own fate when they take it out. my noob char is rank 45/43 psi atm and its not caring at all about that 1 slot missing, i could care less if i couldnt put that extra +3 psi or somethin

Psyco Groupie
10-09-03, 18:51
im sure you were not supposed to put turrets in ug becos if the holders are under when the op gets hacked the turrets dont change over ... my clan synced down into ug with halfo f us crashing all these turrets murdered us .. im sure a gm said no turrets in ug but it seems no-one ever made an official stance on this on the forum

Disturbed021
10-09-03, 18:51
Yes it is pretty f00kd up, but ppl have been doing this for a long time now. And everytime someone posts about it it winds up getting deleted and closed, so I would guess it is exploiting.

Shujin
10-09-03, 18:53
then y teh fawk dont they do somethin bout it, at least make it think the room u sync into is a gr room so itll say to close to GR, tahts what it does in hack room

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 19:01
Originally posted by Shujin
tahts what it does in hack room

Only in certain ops.
It doesn't happen in like, most of the ops SSC Has....

XenivouS
10-09-03, 19:04
I really do not understand why you are putting up such a fuss and cussing up a storm about it. Personally I dont think that its an exploit to put down turrets at the UG entrance is a defensive measure to protect the clan thats defending. Also, why are you complaining so much anyways, so you died, big whup its just a game and its not like you dropped a belt down there.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:04
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Only in certain ops.
It doesn't happen in like, most of the ops SSC Has....

well they could fix that t00 >;[]

ima turret this damn 60 sec wait thing >;/

I really do not understand why you are putting up such a fuss and cussing up a storm about it. Personally I dont think that its an exploit to put down turrets at the UG entrance is a defensive measure to protect the clan thats defending. Also, why are you complaining so much anyways, so you died, big whup its just a game and its not like you dropped a belt down there.

well comeon think about it, how the fuck are u gonna know and u are in a emergency and need citycom / the medicare in UG, u go down and bam ur dead

specially when u got LE in and are Allied faction that is total and utter bull shit o matic, if it was a enemy faction and i had Le out then i'd b like damn that sux... but im allied and got LE in it should fuckin do that shit >;\

XenivouS
10-09-03, 19:07
Then in all honesty you should talk to the clan leader thats holding that OP instead of spamming the forums just because you are pissed off at an allied faction's turret that killed you.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:10
Then in all honesty you should talk to the clan leader thats holding that OP instead of spamming the forums just because you are pissed off at an allied faction's turret that killed you.

i havent once seen the leader on cept 1 time, i tried to talk to him, but dun dun dun, he dont speak english

icarium
10-09-03, 19:11
i was under the impression they had ADDED the feature of turrets to underground to stop attacking clan just camping the underground as thats where holding clan appears when they GR in? stops people camping in there like lame bitches. once the OP is hacked and the last member of previous holding clan leaves the turrets down there reset to new clan anyway

i got killed same way shuj m8, i realised as i clicked the button it wasnt a good idea and i was right. still i chalked it up to experience, lifes too fucking short :)

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:11
i havent once seen the leader on cept 1 time, i tried to talk to him, but dun dun dun, he dont speak english

It's better than speaking bad English.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:13

dont worry ;D ill take ur shit but ;D im happy jus know that

BlackDove
10-09-03, 19:26

Should have been at our faction meeting yesterday - it's not.

Progenitor
10-09-03, 19:27
Whenever I need to use a gogo, and the only nearby one is at an OP, I always approach gingerly, because I can't always clearly read the settings on the world map.

Unless I see the tell-tale signs of a stun trap at the entrance or near the gogo, I creep in slowly looking for turrets. If I see one, I wait to see if it turns to me and shoots.

Unfortunetly, one can't do that zoning into the underground. I can understand the need of the owning clan to protect the underground though - I wouldn't want to GR into a potential deathtrap. Turrets in the underground would be much the same as a monk spaming the underground with rare barrels for you to zone into.

-p

On a side note, can you put turrets in the undergrounds of mines? I think those are the only OP with completly unuseable undergrounds, aren't they? For that matter, where do you GR into if you own the mine? The critters down there aren't particularlly dangerous, but could be annoying, especially if you were to crash after GRing there.

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:27
Originally posted by BlackDove
Should have been at our faction meeting yesterday - it's not.

I was there. :p

But I'd rather know the other person couldn't speak English, and have someone else translate, rather than some half-arsed, poorly typed thing.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:28
I was there. :p

But I'd rather know the other person couldn't speak English, and have someone else translate, rather than some half-arsed, poorly typed thing.

;] i hope u get another 2 minutes!! ;P

Forseti
10-09-03, 19:31
Goddamn, I'm getting pretty annoyed by the 2 of you. Don't respond to each others post or ignore each other for all I care.

Some days I feel like I'm the Kindergardencop instead of a copbot.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:32
Originally posted by Forseti

Some days I feel like I'm the Kindergardencop instead of a copbot. ur running for Governor of california? ;O vote for forseti ;] *hug* jk ;]

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:32
Goddamn, I'm getting pretty annoyed by the 2 of you. Don't respond to each others post or ignore each other for all I care.

Some days I feel like I'm the Kindergardencop instead of a copbot.

If he wants to take my posts personally, then let him.

Not my fault he thinks all my posts revolve around him. o_O

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:36
If he wants to take my posts personally, then let him.

Not my fault he thinks all my posts revolve around him. o_O o_O wtf u talkin bout now o.0 bah i had more to say but dont wanna waste the time

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:41
delete and ban turrets + undergrounds

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:42
Originally posted by Chaplin
delete and ban turrets + undergrounds

how many threads have u posted that on so far o.0

ps. delete and ban the 60 sec wait >.<

CookieMonster
10-09-03, 19:43
Shujin, you couldn't have looked very hard for the clan leader of the clan that holds the op. His name is Samantha......oh....hold on thats a womans name.......did you even bother looking or are you just here to try to stir up trouble?

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:45
delete and ban Shujin

p.s. I agree on the 60 sec ;)

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:46
Originally posted by CookieMonster
Shujin, you couldn't have looked very hard for the clan leader of the clan that holds the op. His name is Samantha......oh....hold on thats a womans name.......did you even bother looking or are you just here to try to stir up trouble?

yes i looked, and i know the clan that owns it too, but i jus said He and him etc bcuz im used to it

and i tried to talk to him/her ( cuz its female name dont mean its female, Trinity = N30 but acts like a female....) anyway he/she msg'd back in german and i msg'd back in english, he msg'd back in german, i msg'd back in english, i asked if he could speak english, he said somethin in german,

well duno if it was german, but i know it wasnt english >.< and i couldnt really do anythin else, no other Freelancer clan members were on atm

delete and ban Shujin

p.s. I agree on the 60 sec ;)

o.0 isnt that considered power posting ;]

CookieMonster
10-09-03, 19:49
Actually Shujin, I think you are talking bullshit....I am in FLR and I am English......and as far as I am concerned Samantha talks perfect English......dare I say a lot better than you!

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:50
Originally posted by CookieMonster
Actually Shujin, I think you are talking bullshit....I am in FLR and I am English......and as far as I am concerned Samantha talks perfect English......dare I say a lot better than you!

i dont know if she does or not, like i said, i was talkin english she wasnt, i asked er if she did she said somethin in german so i went and did missions foo

n e way im gettin off teh forums for now cuz i wanna play nc b4 i gotta goto work ;()

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:51
o.0 isnt that considered power posting ;]

no.

delete and ban power posting

Forseti
10-09-03, 19:58
no.

delete and ban power posting
I'm going to delete and ban you if you keep up with that..

BlackDove
10-09-03, 20:18
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's what he wants.

$tormbringer
10-09-03, 20:23
hehe this is funneh flr was the first clan that complained about the turret+ug thingy... and now they do it themselves

and yes it is an exploit... its sad that the mercs have to use such methodes... but hey they need it so just ignore that and keep it in mind for the next time

sry 4 my bad english im german :O

ps: ok u can flame me now

KimmyG
10-09-03, 20:25
Just stay out of basements. Most have stuns and turrents setup to garunte a death.

Shujin
10-09-03, 20:26
Originally posted by $tormbringer

sry 4 my bad english im german :O

ps: ok u can flame me now

*takes out lighter* ;o *lights cig* *puts lighter in pocket* ;o...
;] *huggeh

i know i thought CM were supposed to b nicer or somethint han TG thats what everone says bout them but compare open OPs of TG and the open ops of CM, ull c theres alot more TG ops open even to enemy factions.

i used to know alot of CM's and they always said CM's were honest and not lame unlike TG, i was TG, well this is much more lame than anythin TG does

$tormbringer
10-09-03, 20:31
sry i dont smoke :O

uhm im tg too and i was a merc for sometime (like 4 days) and i have to admit that the mercs just suck... they are attacking fac m8es when hunting... and some more things thats y i left the mercs and got to tg just to kill these mercs arses....

uhm ok enuff of that =) i think tg is more honest then cm atleast the real tgs are... (not like tr1n1ty aka n30)

uhm shujin i dont know who u are on the server could u tell me your name so when u want to use and op of stfu i can open it for u when im online... .) we just shut em coz of the mercs

ok thats all and again excuse my bad english like i said im german

s0apy
10-09-03, 21:54
if it's an exploit, why did they specifically change the turret-placing code to allow turrets in the UG? and why is it that every OP (at least that i've seen so far) has turrets in the UG? if it's an exploit, nothing's being done about it. and who actually first discovered that it's possible? do people always try placing turrets everywhere after a patch, just to see if the rules have changed, or did someone tell someone?

i'm curious.

Jolt
10-09-03, 22:03
Originally posted by s0apy
if it's an exploit, why did they specifically change the turret-placing code to allow turrets in the UG? and why is it that every OP (at least that i've seen so far) has turrets in the UG? if it's an exploit, nothing's being done about it. and who actually first discovered that it's possible? do people always try placing turrets everywhere after a patch, just to see if the rules have changed, or did someone tell someone?

i'm curious.

It probally came about when they added the OP bonues to the UG or the change that made the UG a warzone.

They should just disallow turrents in the UG, you can stick the turrents outside the entrence to protect it(only prob with that is people killing the turrents and running).

$tormbringer
10-09-03, 22:14
soapy it is an exploit as i was told by a gm

mdares
10-09-03, 22:15
I remember a ISS/ISW told our clan that turrets in the UG are considered exploiting and will be removed by a ISS/ISW when notified...

so just do that: dial up a ISW and tell em that u got turrets in some op's UG and they'll remove em... happened at an op we took a while back; we contacted a ISW and voila... the turrets in the UG where gone.

Forseti
10-09-03, 22:21
Ok, to end all confusing. I just asked on the gm irc channel, and it is allowed to put turrets in the underground.

mdares
10-09-03, 22:31
it is? gah.... back to building more turrets...

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 22:34
Ok, to end all confusing. I just asked on the gm irc channel, and it is allowed to put turrets in the underground.

TYVM!
And, can we please fix the bug with the UG Turrets?

Darkborg
11-09-03, 00:21
what bug is that ??I havent experienced a bug with it so far but it sure would be nice to know of it. ( ooh btw as i think about it i seem to recall they can start shooting each other randomly)

I have a very simple rule i NEVER EVER EVER enter the UG if it isnt my clan holding the op and especially not if were attacking the holders of the OP.
Those things are a death trap. and i find its nice that way, it kinda lends a bit of a ownership feeling to the place.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 00:25
Turrets don't changed alliance when the op is hacked when they're in the UG.

Darkborg
11-09-03, 00:28
ahh that yes i know that one didnt think it was a bug thougho_O . but yes it is annoying. means you have to camp the UG entrance topside with turrets. a right after you have taken the OP

/edit God my spelling was awfull