PDA

View Full Version : These new vehicles.....

L0KI
10-09-03, 14:22
Okay, i KNOW jupiter has them, and saturn have a few...

I play on Uranus, and i know we havent come across any there...

We were told after that last patch that there would be a GM event shortly after patch and vehicles would be introduced then.

Im yet to see a GM, let alone a vehicle.

Do pluto/Venus/Uranus have these new vehicles yet?

Is there a plan to introduce them soon if not?

kthxbye

FaNG

nonamebrandeggs
10-09-03, 14:24
I'm _sure_ that Venus would, thats like the 1337 server :D. I sure hope all the rest get to try em out soon! I guess someone on Uranus or Pluto has to think up an ub3r name for the "Ongoing Story"

LTA
10-09-03, 14:28
venus has some knocking about i seen the new trike at a gr... so tempted to blow it up but the scs dont work well :p

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 14:31
Saturn's got a few..

And BP's are starting to fly about so should soon get a propper supply about.. but they anit very good for the level needed to drive em..

Anyone seen any glider BP's floating about, or they not in yet?

NeoLojik
10-09-03, 15:40
They are STILL not on Pluto...

Spy<VS>Spy
10-09-03, 17:52
yeah its a load of crap that they are STILL not in circulation on all servers. and you know what, i be fricken pissed off about it to if it wasnt for the fact that the vehicles suck...dont work well and for that matter dont even warrent the skill point use....

my entire clan is now running across the wastelands now because they are so fucking tired of spending 3 hours trying to get jeaps, tanks or APC's across the god damn wastlands. do have any idea or sick, and wrong...and SICK that is, to be a vehicle driver, RUNNING across the sector???

i mean, thats the only reason why i can think of why there are no new vehicles on pluto...cause at first, i was offended...i pay my monthly fee's like everyone else does on saturn and jupiter...why do they get new shit? however then i was like, KK is probably doing me a FAVOR by not letting me fool around with those buggy peices of useless, APU monk bait death traps....

and for that, i salute them.

msdong
10-09-03, 18:00
i was told that there was an release event on any server out there and even uranus should have some BLUEPRINTS of the trike.
i hear that only BP were sold to players. but yes i never found anyone who wants to sell a copy.
i even opend a "WTB Trike BP" post on the trade forum.

Kain
10-09-03, 18:40
umm,

Anyone at (or near) KK want to confirm / deny that the trikes have been released on all servers........

Kain

Darth Slayer
10-09-03, 18:43
What theres GM's on Uranus where ?.........:D

CyTeCH
10-09-03, 19:00
Originally posted by L0KI
Okay, i KNOW jupiter has them,

Ok ONCE again to correct a cross server "jupitergetsallthedamnlovinandwegetnothin" rumour, Jupiter only has two trikes, none of the other new vehicles have made it into the public there yet.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:00
i know all the trikes are on saturn, the assault, and normal non assault, not sure what others there are tho, anyway, i had a bp of both but duno where it is anymore o.0 i think i mita deleted a char that had it on it

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:01
Oh no! No new vehicles! Our lives have no purpose now!

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 19:02
Fangers, are you going to have Fang drive this trike too? :p
QD might be heavy assault trike driving someday....
But yea......we could actually _use_ the vehicals on retail uranus/pluto first ;)

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:02
hmm, Jupiter, primary german server has both trikes, and saturn, almost just as many german ppl on it o.0, but uranus and pluto both have almost none.. 0.o

jupiter has trikes, saturn has trikes... uranus and pluto none...
jupiter has cnst club, saturn has cnst club... uranus and pluto none....

o.0 not sayin anythin about anythin but ... yea glad i play on saturn ;D

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 19:03
Uranus has more germans on it (in proportion to population) than Saturn has.

It's not biased..probably just held up on the line :p

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:06
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Uranus has more germans on it (in proportion to population) than Saturn has.

It's not biased..probably just held up on the line :p

u sure o.0? i was on uranus for about a week didnt hear 1 person speak german in trade or local

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:07
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 19:08
*blink*

Look at the map on Uranus.
Only the SSC and d5g ops are held by non-german clans, SSC is International with about 40% German admins, we're also technically allied to the other op holders.
d5g are mainly inactive, but friendly with the other op holders.
All other ops are held by german clans.

There's only one major english/american/other clan that contents for ops outside these people....

It's maybe.............MAYBE 50/50, but probably more like 60/40...

Originally posted by Helen Angilley
Doesn't help that the English speakers are impatient, tempermental twats.
That's so very true, but, you were at the faction meeting for FA, and you know what that was like. ;)
That's why, most English people end up like they do with the Germans.

LTA
10-09-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Shujin
u sure o.0? i was on uranus for about a week didnt hear 1 person speak german in trade or local

QD = Correct :p

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:12
omfg im so happy atm, if u read this thread thru ull know why ;D so fuckin happy ;D >.< omfg happpyyyyy

LTA
10-09-03, 19:19
[B
That's so very true, but, you were at the faction meeting for FA, and you know what that was like. ;)
That's why, most English people end up like they do with the Germans. [/B]

What happened?

Chaplin
10-09-03, 19:34
delete and ban the new vehicles

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 19:36
Originally posted by LTA
What happened?

Well, apparently "Faction Meeting" means "People only in a clan that want to do everything one person says while fighting nearly all the time".

That and all the important bits were in German, completely ignoring the fact that a large number of Angels are English. o_O

sanityislost
10-09-03, 19:41
anyone got a pic of the trike n shit

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:48
Originally posted by sanityislost
anyone got a pic of the trike n shit

they are readily available on the test server if u wanna try for urself, test server also has all the gliders / carriers / bombers u can fly ;]

Callash
10-09-03, 20:11
Originally posted by Kain
umm,

Anyone at (or near) KK want to confirm / deny that the trikes have been released on all servers........

Kain
I did that multiple times! There was a Trike Event on ALL Servers. At the end of this Event, some Trike keys got auctioned. Maybe they got sold at Yos or something, no idea. All servers get the same treatment though.

Shujin
10-09-03, 20:23
Originally posted by Callash
I did that multiple times! There was a Trike Event on ALL Servers. At the end of this Event, some Trike keys got auctioned. Maybe they got sold at Yos or something, no idea. All servers get the same treatment though.

booya ;] *hugs callash i wub u, hey i emailed u some ideas but didnt even get any notice u got them ;/ i sent them long ass time ago....

1 was that u should add more npcs sitting around places like some npcs at the medicare bench or sittin in psi shop or restruants ( there are a couple sitting in some restraunts but barely any) theres not a very big NPC population in NC, of all of the world, its basicly empty it should have some non playin chars walkin around doin stuff or somethin ;[ ive had 4 rl friends leave nc bcuz the lack of stuff to do and it looked like a ghost town bout 80% of the time we are on

LEFF|pm
10-09-03, 20:43
Originally posted by L0KI
Okay, i KNOW jupiter has them, and saturn have a few...

I play on Uranus, and i know we havent come across any there...

We were told after that last patch that there would be a GM event shortly after patch and vehicles would be introduced then.

Im yet to see a GM, let alone a vehicle.

Do pluto/Venus/Uranus have these new vehicles yet?

Is there a plan to introduce them soon if not?

kthxbye

FaNG

Its spelled FAnG

thx

Spy<VS>Spy
10-09-03, 21:11

callash, i'm sorry, i know an ass load of people on pluto and not one of them heard or seen any event, or heard and seen about if from anyone else they know about no vehicle give aways...

i've seen some of the events on pluto...3am, 7 people on. okay we are having an event...gee, no one showed up...i guess i'll just put this key in this here garbage can...someone will find it eventually...hey snow, event done! can i go to bed now?

If we had em, they would be on the trade market, unless a complete retard has recived it, had no idea what it was and just did as you said, sold it at yo's.

is it really so hard, drop a post on the server, or the ingame forum, hey, event at this time on this server, and this is what we are gona do...be there...and then AFTER the event, horray, so and so won! of those who played this is what happened.

like i mentioned, dont much care about the prize, vehicles dont work yet. i'll stand corrected, i dont know everything about everything so its possible...possible that someone has a vehicle and just isnt BPing...but if that so...why are you just giving it to one person???

Gaaaah! i have to stop, my brain is like, going to implode, KK logic...overloading my celebrium....home world 2 demo....yessss....relaxing thoughts, tactical bliss...ahhh, better now.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 21:15
SSC nor Syndicate have heard of this one.

....I'll ask uTs/Synchs, but, I really don't think anyone has it....
Or, maybe the person who got it left?

Mingerroo
10-09-03, 21:47

Grrrr. That comment is not productive, has no bearing on the post, and is just an example of you trying to slag the community down, AGAIN. I'd like to see the day you get banned :(

And, as for the thread I agree that vehicles should be on all servers, and the players make the choice whether or not they have them. I'm not saying my life has no meaning :mad: I'm just saying that fair is fair and the servers should be kept balanced and up to date with each other.

Spoon
10-09-03, 22:01
Maybe they(KK) should just spawn some NPC's on all the servers that would sell the new vehicles......
If they are supposed to be DoY vehicles, then spawn the vender out near the DoY gates, that should make it interesting.....;)

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 22:33
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Grrrr. That comment is not productive, has no bearing on the post, and is just an example of you trying to slag the community down, AGAIN. I'd like to see the day you get banned :(

That comment is not productive, has no bearing on the post and is just another example of people trying to lump all their problems on me.

^.~

What I said is the common reaction of many people here, just look at SpyVsSpy's post.

Darth Slayer
10-09-03, 23:03
Doesn't help that the English speakers are impatient, tempermental twats.
That Include u too Helen ?.......:p

Darkborg
10-09-03, 23:16
actually i find many germans to be the same way the difference isnt that great actually.

you know helen's starting to grow on me.

yes thats it.

kinda like a zit on an eyeball.

The whole blame the community gets fucking annoying with time especially since she continually pops in and brings it up in posts where it has nothing to do *sigh*

Vampire222
10-09-03, 23:21

do you play on pluto i wanna KoS you!

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 23:25
This isn't about Helen.
It's about vehicals.
Can we grow up please?

Callash
10-09-03, 23:34
After next retail patch, ALL of them new vehicles will get another presentation anyway. Yes, this includes the trikes. Last one we did was for the trikes only. I didn't want to present the assault vehicles then, since their damage was just too ridiculous.

kurai
10-09-03, 23:37
I play on Pluto. A *lot*.

Didn't hear of the event, never seen the new BPs even *mentioned* let alone traded.
Certainly never seen a new vehicle.

I think we can all safely agree that something went titsup with this method of introducing the vehicle to the server.

As has been mentioned earlier ... KK logic can be bizarre at times.
"We did X - it's not our fault it didn't work as intended. Leave us alone now please, KTHXBYE"

Equally - player logic can be similarly infantile...
"KK did X - it didn't work intended. IT'S A VINDICTIVE PERSONAL ATTACK ON ALL THAT I HOLD DEAR AND I WILL NOT REST TILL I HAVE DESTROYED YOUR SOULS !!!!oneoneQQ!!"

Rather than get into endless recriminations from the playerbase, and endless stonewalling from KK how about we actually fix the problem, eh ?

Edit: lol ... and Callash goes and posts at approx the same time:)
@Callash: This post wasn't aimed at you particularly - just a general hope that everyone involved would grow up a little as QD mentioned

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 23:41
After next retail patch, ALL of them new vehicles will get another presentation anyway. Yes, this includes the trikes. Last one we did was for the trikes only. I didn't want to present the assault vehicles then, since their damage was just too ridiculous.

Will gliders come in next patch toooo?

or do we realy have to wait till doy for them...

Darkborg
10-09-03, 23:56
Sry guys im a bit on edge
i would just like too say im very happy that KK are doing things to the vehicles.
this might give the game a whole new aspect, and i might add one too which im looking forward too.
I think it would be VERY cool to have hunting parties roaming the wastelands on trikes kinda has a nice ring to it :)
also with the present vehicle revamps we might actally see someone use these things for op wars.

*remembers bringing down larants with Rhinos and apus*

Spy<VS>Spy
11-09-03, 02:05
uh...the only vehicle...that remotely was usable for PvP was the heavy assualt trike...and its range is severaly short, you cant fire on the move and you most be lined up with the nose...and even then...its not that 'ridiculous' compaired to say a holy lightning, or cursed soul...

and yes, this is with the supposed 'double' damage boost on the test server...speaking of which...guns dont seem much stronger to me. meh.

though i might wanna bring up, the only class that 'could' use the heavy assualt trike is the PE...not gona touch that topic with a 20 foot pole though, i've beaten it to death on the test forum.

Shujin
11-09-03, 04:34
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
That Include u too Helen ?.......:p

thing is, she said all who speak english, then she said i can barely speak english, so in a way, thats a compliment ;] *hugs self* im so loved

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 04:37
Well I suppose your spelling and grammar could be a tiny bit better, but most people don't expect a lot...

Shujin
11-09-03, 04:39
Well I suppose your spelling and grammar could be a tiny bit better, but most people don't expect a lot...

chur ;0 kwantim delltah ;() ;P im bored + wtf is the point of typin all proper... im not writin a damn resume here

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 05:18
Not really "All Proper." .....but, sometimes your posts are damn near unreadable to me, and sometimes it gets annoying heh

BlackDove
11-09-03, 05:33
At least she gave me the idea for the sig.

Shujin
11-09-03, 05:43
Originally posted by BlackDove
At least she gave me the idea for the sig.

;[ he

Spoon
11-09-03, 05:46
;[ he

weee

Shujin
11-09-03, 05:49
Originally posted by Spoon
weee

O_O I WAS TALKIN BOUT ME

Spoon
11-09-03, 05:50
O_O I WAS TALKIN BOUT ME

damn, think i got enough time to edit my post ?

Shujin
11-09-03, 05:51
go ahead ill edit my quote ;P hurry and edit o.0

Darth Slayer
11-09-03, 17:01
This isn't about Helen.
It's about vehicals.
Can we grow up please?
Sorry Oh Imperious Leader I'll leave her alone now...... :D
But really she brings it on herself sometimes.

QuantumDelta
11-09-03, 18:08
True, but I didn't want this one going off topic...Callash reassured I guess...

Spy<VS>Spy
11-09-03, 19:57
not to get really off topic, but this is about vehicles anyways. regardless to what ever happened to events on other servers the combat vehicles are neat.

okay most of them look the same, and a few are a little silly...combat wheeler? granade launcher?

when i think about it though...what is really the point? i mean combat vehicles, its a good concept, offensive tools to use in battle.

so alright, they have a gun, some are better then others, most arnt that great. a player can outdamage them or outrange them easily. the biggest done side to using a combat vehicle is obvoius, your only as strong as your player class. if i'm riding around in my combat hover, and shoot a mob, or even a player, they are gona gun for me...so what is the purpose of vehicles, is it offence? atm no, vehicles dont outdamage players by far nor do they come close on range or accuracy.

how about defence? the vehicle itself is kinda sturdy, but again, you can get hit on top of it. there really is no benifit to using them for fighting.

getting around, they are fine. the multi seaters dont work for shit but the 1 passenger bikes and stuff work fine. i use them often...but for combat, i mean a vehicle should either be a form of pertection...or rival any weapon a runner can hold...dont ya think?

Q`alooaith
11-09-03, 20:02
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy

getting around, they are fine. the multi seaters dont work for shit but the 1 passenger bikes and stuff work fine. i use them often...but for combat, i mean a vehicle should either be a form of pertection...or rival any weapon a runner can hold...dont ya think?

yea..

I find I use my rhino purly for the armor factor.. since it's the only one of two vehical's where you don't take damage inside it...