PDA

View Full Version : Whats in a Name

Crest
10-09-03, 14:19
A very well known Saturn TTn clan leader goes and builds up a good reputation. We can Call her LoveAll

She does a good job bringing her clan from the stone age. Kicks a couple of guys out cause they just dont fit....

Now Imagaine one of these guys come along and creates a Char Called LoveAII (With Neocron font II's look Like ll). And well trys to fit her shoes.

Story so far is there has been no malice, but we know who the person is and who the Alts are. At present only 1 thing different about the 2, and its the clothes. Got same hair and features.

What happens from here is still unclear, but what if this person changes clothes, then causes problems, and leads the reputation of the true char down the tube....

What is the option here..... ??

Jesterthegreat
10-09-03, 14:37
not alot... with the shit font and limited visual options i believe no one will get in trouble...

therefor ya gotta hope that he/she will be nice... or beat him / her to a pulp on his/her alts lol

Carbonite
10-09-03, 14:40
Well if this person is feeling harrashed by it, then the person should really email Abuse@neocron.com

TheonlyoneIknow
11-09-03, 14:49
I saw this same "imposter" in Plaza not so long back. With the "original" not being around for a few weeks, (through no fault of their own, and not because of the lack of wanting to play), I was truely delighted to see "her" back. Once I finally located the said char, to my dismay, it was not the universally popular runner I have come to know and respect, (as my friend and one time clan leader), but some "other", for want of a better description. Some runners were giving the "other" grief. Some were sticking up for her. I just walked away, head down, disappointed with the thought this could actually happen. In the end, the "other" had to change her quick message to state that she WASN'T the leader of the TT clan as depicted by Crest. So I ask myself this, "Why bother trying to imitate if you then feel that you have to publicly state that you are NOT who you are trying to be?"

I have no objection to people making an honest buck by being a tradeskiller, but what I do object to, and the whole point of this thread being, is that the "other" is clearly trying to profit from someone else's hard work. Everyone knows the REAL lady in question and it would be all to easy for this "other" to cause trouble for her. This isn't the first time that a "similar" char has been created on the back of an established runner and has caused problems. This was also on the Saturn server. Is this just a problem with Saturn?

This is neither right nor fair. but what can be done? Probably nothing, except for those that the real deal has helped for the past 8 or 9 months on Saturn stick with her and ignore the "other".

I for one will only ever get poked by *^%$"*& (muffled and dragged to a quiet place with white, soft walls, whilst in the secure grip of a coat with extra long arms, to protect the names of the innocent).

SigmaDraconis
11-09-03, 15:00
man....I am so fucking confused :(

NexusPlexus
12-09-03, 00:36
aw i'm sure that most of 'em neocron players have enough insight to recognise these plagiarist imbeciles for what they are......

lame ass vanilla kids who struggle to look themselves straight in the eye in the mirror.
i say let the inquisition come across these disrespectful little sh*** out in the wastes. MOB RULES, LYNCH 'EM !

Crest
12-09-03, 16:39
Sad Update....

So the Imposter has started to show their true colours...

Hey, Andy the Man 'C' Goes to the Imposter (Also thinking its the reliable and always loving Miss 'L' (Short For Love All Described Below)...And Says, hey 'L' Why not repair my all so popular and you can buy it in the shop MC5 Riggers Dream (Not sure which chip it was , but MC5 chips it was). So 'L' imposter for the first time say, sounds good, here give it to me..... And The story ends there, Imposter has a cool Chip, Andy the Man wants to wage war against the real 'L' clan and how fair is it.....

By Now you all know who i am talking about, I am not mentioning name but this warning will do.

On Saturn, If you see a blond char wearing (At Present ) Black darkish clothes where you rememeberd a Brunete wearing Pink with a Black designer Jumper , well guess what, Don't trust her, she is an imposter. We have narrowed her alts down to 1 of 5 people and will take this investigation further

Judge
12-09-03, 17:18
That sucks dude, now that the other has been screwing with the real persons rep you should email abuse@neocron like carb said. You have a good fucking reason to.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nightbrother
12-09-03, 17:36
So that surely has become a banning reason now then? Ban that imposter's ass! I very very much dislike people who in a crazed misguided fantasy think that such things are fun to do. Argh, ugh *looks bloody angry*. Anyway, someone get the permaban-hammer out?

Xin
12-09-03, 18:27
I hate it in so much that sometimes in real life when I meet someone also named "Derek" I punch them right in the face.

CRAIG DIGGERS
12-09-03, 19:09
Like the clan MB-SS with a clan ranking Fuhrer on uranus.

e-mail @ abuse but the clan still exist