PDA

View Full Version : Trial Download Survey

flyjedi
10-09-03, 11:34
Out of curiosity, cause I would be very interested to know, how many of you out there went out and bought the game/ordered of web, or just started it through your own meens, and how many of you started playing having downloaded the trial? The reason i ask is cause:

a) everyone appears to be a veteran
b) 1000s of people download the trial

Pls vote.

kurai
10-09-03, 11:39
Had to order the game from a games website, after hearing about it from Penny Arcade back at start of non German retail (November 2002)

To this day I have still never seen it on a store shelf, and I have only ever come across one advert on the web.
(London, UK)

flyjedi
10-09-03, 11:41
i bought it form HMV, but i've seen game had it in stock once or twice. they don't keep many copys though lol

evs
10-09-03, 11:57
NC was bought for me by a friend as it wasnt out at my local game (was eb) store (blackpool, uk)
i started from the start of uk retail (he's been playing since the last beta) and played until march

the game really still felt like i was paying to play a beta - with so many bugs and crashes every 15 mins, i got very lethargic and quit around march

got bored with planetside and other games and decided to come back to NC, started my account back up in june (or mebbe may - cant remember) and played again.

DIDNT FIND THIS FORUM UNTIL THEN

which is why you dont get many new players on here, as i didnt even hear / know about this until i came back.

now ive got a trial 10 day 2nd account, and will be keeping that for my alt on pluto :-)

hinch
10-09-03, 11:58
bought the game in GAME uk :) after my clan pestered me to continue from beta as i was about to quit when it went retail.

flyjedi
10-09-03, 12:08
anyone seen it in any other shops? cummon i really wanna know

pix
10-09-03, 12:33
You forgot "I bought the game after playing beta"...

Edit: It seems to me that alot of people was in beta and then continued after it ended. How come so many stayed after beta and so few after trial? Was it because beta was longer? Or is all this just an illusion?

flyjedi
10-09-03, 12:38
well that one could be covered under heard about it somewhere else.

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 12:41
Ordered it from Gameplay....went with a hefty "extra" to get the game on it's release date.

Played it about eight hours solid when I got home with it. :D

DigestiveBiscui
10-09-03, 12:43
M
V
C

6 weeks trial - back of the net

enablerbr
10-09-03, 12:44
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
....Played it about eight hours solid when I got home with it. :D

yeah but what about the game.:angel:

flyjedi
10-09-03, 13:24
ha lol. i played for a full 10 hours yesterday

Jesterthegreat
10-09-03, 13:26
Originally posted by pix
You forgot "I bought the game after playing beta"...

agreed