PDA

View Full Version : question about resists

KidWithStick
10-09-03, 08:48
i was wondering somthing...

whats better...114 natural resist in energy or like 75 and the rest from armor to = 114?

and what would happen if i had 114 natural resist and put on some armor that added like 20 energy resist?

thanks

a response from someone who actually, positively knows, what he/she is talking about...like MJS himself...or a dev, or lupus...someone..thanks.

Al3X
10-09-03, 08:58
explains most ------> http://neocron.ems.ru/resists.html :D

personally i prefer too use an armor which gives me the most resist (like inq armor) so i can spend those other points somewhere else. just balance your resists instead of spending all points into a singe skill.
-alex

Dribble Joy
10-09-03, 09:02
114 resist = 119 armour

75 resist does not equal 75 armour, it's all very odd.

You don't really need more than 114 total armour in any one type.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477

Psycho_Soldier
10-09-03, 09:08
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
[BYou don't really need more than 114 total armour in any one type.[/B]

Anyone else care to verfiy this as fact? Preferably Lupus. I thought 114 was just for xray. :confused:

SigmaDraconis
10-09-03, 09:17
114 is the resist cap I.E. meaning over 114 has no effect..

not neccesarilly the complete cap on armour..

correct me if you _know_ im wrong..not if you _think_ I'm wrong o.0

Scikar
10-09-03, 11:00
Originally posted by KidWithStick
i was wondering somthing...

whats better...114 natural resist in energy or like 75 and the rest from armor to = 114?

and what would happen if i had 114 natural resist and put on some armor that added like 20 energy resist?

thanks

a response from someone who actually, positively knows, what he/she is talking about...like MJS himself...or a dev, or lupus...someone..thanks.

Neither. Get 114 resist and then some armor, preferably. :)

KidWithStick
10-09-03, 16:43
Originally posted by Scikar
Neither. Get 114 resist and then some armor, preferably. :)

so go 114 natural and PLUS armor?

that wont make me go over the cap and make me take more damge will it?

Siygess
10-09-03, 16:48
No, as far as I understand, the only numbers you need to worry about are 114 and 200. The number you are aiming for for natural resists + bonuses to resists from implants = 114. AFAIK, nothing bad happens if you exceed 114, but you are just wasting points.

Your total resist will translate as a bonus to your armour (+119) so you add that to your resists from the armour.. the higher the better, but again, there is no point going over 200.

According to neocron.ems.ru, the best you can hope to resist (without PPU intervention) is 76% of a given damage type.

ghandisfury
10-09-03, 16:55
Originally posted by KidWithStick
so go 114 natural and PLUS armor?

that wont make me go over the cap and make me take more damge will it?

I have seen no resist flip (never played a tank though).....but with the limited tests that I have done I have noticed very little change without multiple hits. So let's say you have 50 energy resist, and 50 armor bonus. First burst of an unmodded CS hits you for 50, second burst hits you for 75, third burst hits you for 150....etc (these are all unreal numbers). You add 10 natural energy resist. First burst might hit you for 49 (very little change), but the second hits you for 65, and third hits you for 90....etc. Past 114 with no armor bonus, there is no change at all (that I've been able to record). Now mind you I mess with my player constantly......so I might just be full of shit.