PDA

View Full Version : Should faction counselors have the power to disband a clan?

RayBob
10-09-03, 06:59
This thread is NOT to bitch about the actions of one specific clan because we all know that should be kept in-game. However, I need to explain what is going on in order to present my question.

Legion is a TG clan on Pluto, as many of you know. For some reason, they created a CityAdmin version of their clan--three members, all hackers. They then proceeded to ninja-hack nearly all of the System Shock OPs while zero SS members were online. SS took the OPs back the next day and has now set all the GRs to faction-only.

The result is that a huge number of city runners now have almost no GRs available to them at all. Again, DO NOT turn this into a clan bashing because a mod will simply close the thread.

What type of role should a faction counselor play? KK has obviously given them some power as they can use GOD mode and who knows what else. Should they be able to call for a vote of CA runners (with say a 10 day time period) and if some certain percentage of the runners agree that the actions of a clan are hurting their faction, then this clan does not belong in the faction. The counselor could simply disband the clan. Naturally, they could buy a new clan key but this will get expensive quickly.

From a role-playing point-of-view, it seems to make sense. What do you think?

Shujin
10-09-03, 07:00
to tell u truth i thats a good ass RP idea, but most ppl will b like >;O hell no, cuz they dont like rp

Mankind
10-09-03, 07:02
Actually that would be fun on Saturn :)

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 07:04
No.
At least, not unless voting was handled differently...

RayBob
10-09-03, 07:06
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
At least, not unless voting was handled differently...

How do you suggest it be handled?

Psychoninja
10-09-03, 07:06
When I think of faction Counselors I think:
-Someone who tries to unite the clans in the faction
-Someone who brings together all the clans in the faction and decides on alliances with other factions
-Someone who helps clans work together
-Someone who should have the power to disband clans for the good of the faction
-Someone who can keep ALL faction members in check so they donot attack each other.

These are things I want to see the faction counselors do.

I would like to see all clans in a faction and the faction counselor decided together on alliances, disbanding clans, and outcasting/punishing people in the faction for wrongful acts. It should be talked about, and decided on in meetings with clan representative/leaders and the Counselor.

KimmyG
10-09-03, 07:07
Yes from an RP sense but you get someone like me who would bust up some clans for the fun of it.

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 07:07
What are all the powers and responsibilities of a FAC CONS atm?

RayBob
10-09-03, 07:08
Originally posted by Psychoninja
-Someone who should have the power to disband clans for the good of the faction

So I suppose you agree then.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 07:12
Meh.
SSC > FA.
I don't really care, my clan will always mean more to me than a faction of squabbling fools....

Mankind
10-09-03, 07:14
I think of faction counselors as someone you can go to when you are...

-A female going through "emotional times".

-A male going through puberty and need to know the changes that will be going through your body.

-A kid who is thinking of committing suicide.

-A girl who wants breast augmentation.

-Horny.

Psychoninja
10-09-03, 07:16
It's all about RPing QD ;)
I think outcasting those squabbling fools from the faction would work out :)

Now if only I could work for KK and just throw ALL my ideas ontop of MJS's desk...I think his desk would collapse 8|

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 07:17
Why can't KK make a faction for people like them? Really does everyone want to be involved in some political bs?

Their should be 2 types of factionless. 1 is the neutral(the factionless now), the other is the outlaws/murderes/whatever u wanna name it that is hostile to everyone.

Psychoninja
10-09-03, 07:20
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Why can't KK make a faction for people like them? Really does everyone want to be involved in some political bs?

Their should be 2 types of factionless. 1 is the neutral(the factionless now), the other is the outlaws/murderes/whatever u wanna name it that is hostile to everyone.

Well tbh now that you mention it, and I think back, all those squabbling fools would be able to be outcasted from the faction due to vote, and end up in Anarchy Breed. I think Anarchy Breed would be a good place for the outcasts, no rules, no laws...

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 07:22
I/We are FA because we wanted to be free from oppression.
Why would we give a counsellor the ability to be a mini-dictator.

I could never, bring myself to accept this in the case of my clan....

Shujin
10-09-03, 07:23
Why would we give a counsellor the ability to be a mini-dictator.

welcome to neocron

not only that welcome to how it is in rl .... almost every gov. is like that

Psychoninja
10-09-03, 07:29
He wouldn't be a mini dictator. The counselor would be there to finalise and give options, everything would be decided upon by the factions clans.

EX.
Clan A and Clan B believe Clan C should be disbanded because they have a bad habit of getting people of the same faction dead... Clan A and Clan B have a meeting with all the other factions clans and with the counselor. Then a decision is made and it goes through the counselor so it can be processed depending on the decision.

It would give people a say in the faction politics and would eliminate the bs, "OMG DON"T KILL SAME FACTION!!! NERF!``111"

Shujin
10-09-03, 07:31
;O nerf teh faction counselors! ;]

Riothamus
10-09-03, 07:42
Originally posted by Psychoninja
When I think of faction Counselors I think:
-Someone who tries to unite the clans in the faction...

It's never a bad idea to see the clans of the same faction working together, but if they are united under a counselor, than aren't really clans anymore. It's just one big faction. It would heavily undermine the authority and efforts of the current clan leaders. Would it really matter anymore if I was PIMP, DR, or Red Tech? Since we all just be Tsunami first.

Incursus
10-09-03, 07:51
LOL waaaahhh. Want a hanky, Raybob?

Breschau
10-09-03, 08:29
I like the idea of there being a faction leadership. Exactly what that leadership is composed of would vary from faction to faction - Tangent's leadership is likely to take a different form to Black Dragon's, for example. But ultimately, a head honcho (or honchess) and an inner circle of trusted advisors. Ideally provided by KK rather than player run. They would make decisions on what is best for the faction based on the backstory and gameworld (what furthers Tangent's arms deals, rather than whether the players have access to levelling grounds, for example).

Having said that, I wouldn't want it to be one person (ie just the faction counsellor), nor would I want it to be something the faction votes on. Especially not if it involved the power to disband a clan without their consent.

Pill
10-09-03, 08:42
No rules, no laws, and not allowed inside neocron, think that one over ninja of psycho.

kurai
10-09-03, 08:50
It would, of course, help if the faction counsellor hadn't gone AWOL for the last several months.

Hellooooooooooooooo !

Ronald Rodriguez !

Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu !

Shujin
10-09-03, 09:36
Originally posted by Mankind
I think of faction counselors as someone you can go to when you are...

-A female going through "emotional times".

-A male going through puberty and need to know the changes that will be going through your body.

-A kid who is thinking of committing suicide.

-A girl who wants breast augmentation.

-Horny.

what if ur all of the above? ;O WHAT DO I DO

SigmaDraconis
10-09-03, 09:42
Meh.
SSC > FA.
I don't really care, my clan will always mean more to me than a faction of squabbling fools....

Granted this is going to look bad for me :D ....but I agree completely I join a faction because of the clan 99% of the time, not the other way around.

Back to the point..."for the good of the faction" can be widely interpreted...so is RP...so theres really no way to say..well this clan doesnt RP..or this clan is bad for our faction...its all opinionated ;D

Scikar
10-09-03, 10:10
Yes, but only the Councellor should have the power to do it, and I don't think it should need a vote. Voting's meaningless on a 4 char server anyway.

Vladimir Orlovski
10-09-03, 10:59
Originally posted by kurai
It would, of course, help if the faction counsellor hadn't gone AWOL for the last several months.

Hellooooooooooooooo !

Ronald Rodriguez !

Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu !

On a well deserved vacation mate. Mr. Rodriguez also has several other duties aside from his FC duties.

kurai
10-09-03, 11:31
Originally posted by V.Orlovski
On a well deserved vacation mate. Mr. Rodriguez also has several other duties aside from his FC duties. As that is pretty much an OOC statement, I'll continue in that vein...

I fully appreciate that the person behind the Faction Counsellor account may have other more pressing things to do in life.
I don't begrudge that particular person the time in the least.

However ... if that person hasn't got the time to operate the FC account effectively, then put it in the hands of someone who has.

flyjedi
10-09-03, 11:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What are all the powers and responsibilities of a FAC CONS atm?

They're meant ot organise role play events and keep the clan's together. It used to be that everyone mingled with each other but since faction counselors but mainly GR locking was introduced the game is a lot more faction orientated which is cool

___T-X____
10-09-03, 11:47
Faction Counciller should be able too.

Syntax-Error
10-09-03, 12:04
I think several of you have the wrong idea of the FC job. as told by many of the FC's

An FC's job isnt to lead. there simply there to assist. they are they link between the faction and the High powers. the faction counsellors are there as an aid to the faction chairperson.

But i agree there should be some way to have the clans removed from a faction.