PDA

View Full Version : The revenge of the n00bs

Lorcin
10-09-03, 02:49
I guess most people have had a n00b shot at MB or Aggies before now and quite often if you've pulled your LE you think fair enough not much I can do about it.

Well how's this for an idea. A belt bomb. Next time your n00b is being ganked and you know there is nowhere to run and no point in even pulling your gun pull your belt bomb from your quickbelt instead.

You would still drop an item in your quickbelt - BUT you would also drop the belt bomb boobytrapping the belt. When the nice little PKer has done his dirty work and starts hacking all the belts your's explodes doing 2000 damage to him. (of course the belt bomb would have to be equiped for it too work or people at op fights would be forever bombing belts)

Of course you'll still be dead and your item will be destroyed but at least you'll be able to have a little smirk of contentment. And it would add a little sense of danger for the belt hackers.

What do you think?

Si

iainy13
10-09-03, 04:09
Ya well whats to stop everyone from using this?.... Plus ppl might exploit this. Makes hackin suck becouse all belts would just kill you anyways. Belts mightaswell not drop. Maybe somthin a little diffrent. I say just keep your LE in.

Ryuben
10-09-03, 05:00
why no PE/spy/Monk would have this epuiped as his belt you can't aford to so the only person who would do this is..tanks or people who are jsut vindictive :D

StryfeX
10-09-03, 05:29
Personally, I think this idea would be funny as hell. But it would take some tweaking before it got ingame so people wouldn't be massively abusing it.

I don't really have any ideas atm about that part, but oh well.

--Stryfe

Ether230
10-09-03, 15:46
Perhaps if the belt bomb went off after say, 3 failed hacks it could add a little bit of tension to hacking a belt.

Lanigav
10-09-03, 16:14
It'd be pretty cool, if they made it so it only activates if the person that pks you is 30 ranks higher than you or something, and only in non-warzone areas.

Judge
10-09-03, 18:52
lol that would be hilarious.... though not in warzones.

Why high level peeps wouldn't use it:

PE: Drops either armour, a rare (if they use PE and RoG for example), a well slotted gun/spell (if they use libby and Blacksun for example) or a stealth device.

Spy: Drops expensive stealth device or a rare (if they are using PE and First Love for example).

Tank: Drops expensive armour, a well slotted weapon or a rare (if they are using multiple rares)

Psi Monk: Drops expensive armour, or expensive spells/rare spells.

Thus I don't think that it would be worth it for HIGH level characters.... but what a noob would drop it would be hilarious for someone to hack their belt and it blow up killing them.

CyTeCH
10-09-03, 18:54
I think it would be better if a a n00bs belt ( lower than skill rank 25 or so) was automaticaly as hard to hack as a SL100 belt :rolleyes:

[edit] lets try the rite lang :rolleyes:

Al3X
10-09-03, 19:08
no
no
and... errr.
NO!

why? what else can hackers hack then? boxes? O_o everyone would stop hacking belts after an ammount of time cuz hacking would become to dangerous..

StryfeX
11-09-03, 01:32
I like the idea about having it go off after some failed hacks, but it should be random, not simply after the third one, that it goes boom.

--Stryfe

zewy
11-09-03, 11:30
mabe add so you need at least 50 in sl to use it or some thing

Shockwave
11-09-03, 11:40
ROFL!! Love it! :D
If KK introduce this I might even consider whipping out my LE! And of COURSE all the RPKers/Belthackers are going to hate this, becasue they're going to fall foul of Suicide Squadders (who're going to carry nothing whatsoever apart from a QB-bomb and wander around places like MB just to tempt the RPKers).

First properly original idea I've seen in a long time, and made me laugh like a drain. 5 stars and a Yes vote. :D

Shock.

Richard Slade
11-09-03, 11:42
I'd say good idea, but first u gotta ahave the bomb IN HAND when u die. So not just have it in belt, second, random setting off, third, possibility to hack the bomb in the belt that u hack.
(All good hackers can hack all electronic stuff)
AND only be able to use it at a skillrank under say... 40?

J. Folsom
11-09-03, 15:41
Originally posted by Judge
lol that would be hilarious.... though not in warzones.
In warzones it'd only be able to be used by people with low soullight, because otherwise it wouldn't drop a quick belt anyway.

LTA
11-09-03, 15:46
I like the idea of it on qbs in relation to hacking, beats just failing and getting another go, would add some tension to it, First hack fail .... err phew didnt go of... second hack fail... BOOM!.... bugger :(

Maybe adding it into the belt causes the item in the belt to be lost so you choose make a choice of cost/risk have alike a z slot where you can stick in a level of bomb fo rthe hackers to worry about, add more bombs add more power :p

Whiety Bulger
11-09-03, 23:35
This isn't Taliban Online u use guns to kill ppl in this game

Lucky Sparks
12-09-03, 00:47
there used to be traps that a gm tinker could put on a locked box in ultima online ... when you died we always made sure they got the box on our body ... dumbasses opened it and boom dead then you loot his corpse. your idea reminds me of that. :angel:

Psyco Groupie
12-09-03, 00:58
one shot never kills as damage is percentage based .. ul .. level up