PDA

View Full Version : Formua for capping rifles

iainy13
10-09-03, 01:57
Is there a formula for caping rifles? I am a rifle tech spy an was wonderin how mcuh u need to cap these rifles. Do you need the reqs on a gun plus a certain percent in wep lore an r-c? An do the slots on a gun affect how easly theyr capped? Does dex lvl affect it at all? Also any tips on lvling would be nice to. My dex is 53 an i was lvlin with another spy who lvled 3 times when i had only lvled once.... an a little. An his dex ws 68. Plus i wasent doin that much less dmg. An no he didnt have imps. Anyways help would be nice.

Glyc
10-09-03, 03:10
the higher the skills (weapon lore / rifle combat) the more damage you will do; also the higher combat rank you have.

the higher the tech level of the weapon you use - the more xp you get per same damage to the same mob.

the lower your combat rank the more xp you get for same damage on the same mob.

if a weapon is all 120% stats then you are going to get higher "real" stats on it with your skills than a 50% store bought version. ie constructed stats + skill = real* stats.

you need much more than the reqs of a weapon to cap the usage on it. damage caps first, then aim, then RoF. i think. i forget too, maybe it's RoF b4 aim.

hope this is of some help. there is no hard and fast rule to what stats u need to cap a certain weapon. well. there IS, but i dont know it. basically get the best quality gun you can have made and add more stats until u get the 178% damage and ~250% aim. then lom until you have the stats to "just" cap it. remember buffs.

*=real stats are below the reqs of the weapon. rifle max damage is 178% for example. i forget the others off hand.

Pi-Oh-Pah
10-09-03, 03:16
Aiming caps 1st

iainy13
10-09-03, 04:04
thanx for the reply's and everything but.... that dousent rly help me O_o im not new to neocron. I was just wondering how much more r-c u need then the reqs to cap a gun. Or ow much % more to cap. And by cap all i mean is dmg. Thx.

Warlogis
10-09-03, 11:05
Formula not linear ...
I mean I have 170 WEP and 180 RC w/o boost, and I have near 160% damage with my FL (all stats except handling 120%, handling 119%). After rifle boost 1 I have 173 or 174 WEP and 185 RC, and damage percentage increase dramatically - from 160% to 178%. But if I will LoM some RC (lets say 2 lvls), I will do not cap damage with RC 183 ...

s0apy
10-09-03, 11:43
Rifle Damage: 0.7(70%) RC + 0.2(20%) WEP
Rifle Aiming: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.6(60%) WEP
Rifle Frequency: 0.5(50%) RC + 0.4(40%) DEX
Rifle Handling: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.3(30%) DEX + 0.2(20%) STR
Rifle Range: 0.3(30%) RC + 0.5(50%) WEP

you'll cap damage or aim first, depending on the stats of the gun and your WEP. RoF you cap last, if ever. don't expect to be able to cap RoF on a rare rifle though. hence, always mod for frequency.

SigmaDraconis
10-09-03, 11:48
Originally posted by Glyc

you need much more than the reqs of a weapon to cap the usage on it. damage caps first, then aim, then RoF. i think. i forget too, maybe it's RoF b4 aim.

o.0 thats bullox....aim capped first on all my pistols it all depends on the gun and your skills as to what caps first theres no set pattern.

Anyway....how many points it takes to cap a gun depends on its object stats (handeling damage range frequency Max is 120%)

Object stats + skills determine Detailed Stats (listed under Object stats)

on rifle/cannon/pistol damage cap is 178% and aim cap is 267%

RoF is different for every gun.

APU spells cap at 648% damage and aim and 105 RoF ( i think 105 applies to all APU spells)

PPU spells cap at 576% damage and aim not sure about RoF.

Basically everytime u add points..show info and check yur detail stats to cap a specific stat just keep adding points until you reach those values :)

i hope that helps

another tip..you might know this...but Object stats are total shit on store baught weapons..get them built...Object stats cap at 88%-94% (me thinks) for non rare weapons, modding ofcourse lets you raise these up to 120%...and 120% for rares (but rares are determined fairly randomly)

yet another tip...your rifles now..but i think youd like to know...aim and damage on spells are always equal..as they are point-click and damage on certain spells determines nothing (buffs that add directly to skills) so all you need to worry abotu is frequency (such as resist/combat/skill buffs) shields heals and damage dealing APU spells are all influenced by the damage stat.

kurai
10-09-03, 11:59
Since we are talking about no less than 4 main variable categories here (RC skill, WEP skill, DEX level, Weapon stats) we might be best served with empirical numbers...

For a DEX 115 spy to achieve 178% damage and 267% aim on the highest TL rifle (Disruptor @ TL-115) you need 176 WEP and 183 RC.

This still nowhere near caps rate of fire though (gives about 75% of the max RoF value) - that would need somewhere around 218 to 230 RC to cap (hard to predict accurately due to the eccentric way RC skill effect scales up)

SigmaDraconis
10-09-03, 12:02
but kurai...since all stats but freq are affected by RoF could u not theoretically use any combination of WEP/RC to cap damage and aim ? hmm hmm? granted it may take insane amounts of WEP to cap damage, humour me. :P

kurai
10-09-03, 12:05
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
but kurai...since all stats but freq are affected by RoF could u not theoretically use any combination of WEP/RC to cap damage and aim ? hmm hmm? granted it may take insane amounts of WEP to cap damage, humour me. :P Yes - you could.
That's what I meant with the comment about too many variables - makes it a nightmare to calculate for every eventuality, so it seemed a concrete real example which doesnt gimp you in other regards would help the thread starter most :D

SigmaDraconis
10-09-03, 12:08
I know, it's just my argumentative nature being stoked from the depressingly extensive periods of extreme boredom I've been experiencing as of late :D

nice gallery btw...

and fix yur forum title..yur not in a onemanclan any longer :P