PDA

View Full Version : Making the neochronicle related to actual clans and runners?

LTA
10-09-03, 00:27
I been thinking maybe the neochronicle should be more about actual clans and runners on the server, i know its good for getting info in about new faction stuff etc but i think that should be in addition to current server affairs.
Atm imo the neochronicle dosent really effect me, all it tells me is whats gonna change in a bit of scenery or what new items coming up on the scene.
The characters that are kidnapped or held hostage etc always seem to be npcs but why not get some runners to play roles of Hostages and Captors?
What about gms talking with players to create events etc?

Ok for this to work there has to be a few neochronicles for different servers but how about like the main chronicle and then sub crons for each server so players get more involved and can be giving various things to do or actual feel like they are getting repetuble....criminals in the wanted colums.... well know le spies in the others etc.

i know there's still gonna those who wont bother but i am sure a-lot of people who are bored etc would take part in major stories and stuff.
I would add more but it's getting long :p

Discuss :D

Ste-X
10-09-03, 00:32
its a great idea just need people to get people to do it im sure everything has something to add

Dribble Joy
10-09-03, 00:33
Would be cool, but it would have to be separate from/in addition to, the rest of the neocronicle, so to keep the overall storylines the same on each server.
Also, fuck all happens on Uranus (hehe) so it might be a bit barren at times.
Eg.
Headline News!!! Someone was shot by a warbot!!!

Might help things pick up though.

LTA
10-09-03, 00:47
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Would be cool, but it would have to be separate from/in addition to, the rest of the neocronicle, so to keep the overall storylines the same on each server.
Also, fuck all happens on Uranus (hehe) so it might be a bit barren at times.
Eg.
Headline News!!! Someone was shot by a warbot!!!

Might help things pick up though.

Well it least it would be about someone people are more likely to know of as to <name whatever> was kidnapped/questioned/did a raid
then a week a later <name whateverr> wqs rescued/killed/captured

By whom ad when?? you never really see it happening and so it kinda feels false o_O

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 00:58
As long as it relates to the people and Clans who actually give a damn about Roleplay and the storyline...sure, why not?

Ste-X
10-09-03, 01:02
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
As long as it relates to the people and Clans who actually give a damn about Roleplay and the storyline...sure, why not?

no neochronicle for most of saturn then ,maybe people who like roleplay can interpritate happenings on the server into a story or report its not that hard,

LTA
10-09-03, 01:09
Originally posted by Ste-X
no neochronicle for most of saturn then ,maybe people who like roleplay can interpritate happenings on the server into a story or report its not that hard,

Dunno tho

If gms get more involved to allowing say proper copbot armou spawns for a CA Capture tg thing and let runners look like a copbot etc then maybe more people will slowly start to think yeah that looks fun... i'll give it a bash... then the rest who are leveling pking etc can just carry on and miss out

After all i though this was a mmoRPG :D

MrBane
10-09-03, 01:28
*Scratches his head*

You know, if something happens to you, or your Clan, or anyone else in game, you can write to us, tell us about it, and we'll turn it into an article?

There's no need to get the GM's involved in anything... If you're Roleplaying something like that and it happens, let us know! It'll get written up and posted in whatever edition is due next, or the monthly NeMa if you prefer.

The reason so much of the stuff you read, doesn't appear to happen, is because we need to fill it up, as no-one is sending in any articles!!

LTA
10-09-03, 01:35
Originally posted by MrBane
*Scratches his head*

You know, if something happens to you, or your Clan, or anyone else in game, you can write to us, tell us about it, and we'll turn it into an article?

There's no need to get the GM's involved in anything... If you're Roleplaying something like that and it happens, let us know! It'll get written up and posted in whatever edition is due next, or the monthly NeMa if you prefer.

The reason so much of the stuff you read, doesn't appear to happen, is because we need to fill it up, as no-one is sending in any articles!!

The gm involvement is more for proper rp events, i am talking bigger events, on Venus the CA hold trials (RIP Walter he was executed earlier this year, Damned weak anti city!).
Like say spawning npc civilains or special items to enhance the rp feel, everyone can use the cs or fl etc but what if the special event the Tgs got a special Lightbringer to save their comrades or cas got a suit of proper Cop/STORM armour for the daring rescue.
Or mercs get that military uniform when they goto raid a lab or something
The problem with certain runners submitting stuff is it could get a little biased as to what happened, but maybe if some ppl for example had like godmode (if they were trusted) they could go report on events.
Anything from a chaos cave run to a full scale war,

MrBane
10-09-03, 01:38
If you're holding an event or anything along those lines, you can contact us and we'll send someone along to cover the event from a neutral standpoint.

Alternatively, if someone writes something and sends it in, as I said, we'll edit it then publish it, and if it's biased, well, isn't all news? :D

Venus again, really can't be compared to the other servers, their GMs are paid to do their jobs.

LTA
10-09-03, 01:41

Venus again, really can't be compared to the other servers, their GMs are paid to do their jobs.

It is a good comparison tho, because even tho they are paid they do simple things to the server and make it more fun and it shows ultimately what the server can become of the gms became more involved.
I know there voulounteers have lives but recruit more or something not all have to have mega gm power, just get a few to work with and do stuff.
The faction councellors actually arrange meetings and get ppl to come and have special tasks normally at hand for there factions, killing certain mobs, retrievimg data raiding an archeological dig etc.
I am sure theres plenty of willing volounteers from councellors to reporters to whatever.... but its like kk dosent EVER want help from these ppl.

hnlecter
10-09-03, 01:50
We need the "Latest clan war" because wars are constantly happening on pluto and giant alliances falling (as usual). I mean it would be the most updated thing.

MrBane
10-09-03, 01:51
The main problem they have, is they have to replicate everything they do, over four servers.. (Or are meant to anyway!), so this creates a huge, huge volume of work.

Now, it's not even a case of taking on volunteers, because you'd end up with a volunteer list of something like one hundred people just to cover all four servers, which is a ridiculous amount, and just not feasible.

There are more problems to it than many people think, and it's honestly not just a case of spawning items and that solves everything.

LTA
10-09-03, 02:01

There are more problems to it than many people think, and it's honestly not just a case of spawning items and that solves everything.

it is kinda

I'll use the Trial example, a gm spawned a load of chairs, and two desks and a fence to protect them from the runners, then there was a judge, jury, witnesses and a trialee, runners filled upto watch the event and it suddenly felt very much like a trial rather than a empty place where a group ppl did a little act.
i know theres many things to rping beyond item spawning but it does help greatly.
100's? Nah venus has 4.....
4 servers with 3 gms is like 12 volounteers :D

flyjedi
10-09-03, 03:34
hey i was in the neocronicle once. not by name but i did one of the interviews :P

flyjedi
10-09-03, 03:35
so was macenzie for that matter