PDA

View Full Version : Make Spawner Mobs spawn more realistically?

Heavyporker
09-09-03, 18:20
By this, I mean when a spawner mob ( I.E - Grims, Queens, Hazard Worms, etc) enters a spawn cycle, she starts spewing little kiddies out of her ass, instead of having the kiddies magically materialize all around the zone.

When was the last time you saw a spawner mob spawn kiddies realistically?

The scripting would be pretty easy to do, imo - just make it so that whatever kiddy spawn script has been triggered, they come in at the location of their mother, and then start swarming from there...

Oh, and spider queens really should be laying cocoons and such, THEN the cocoons spawn the little kiddies. We already have spider cocoons, if the legends are true, so what work would exist for KK to implement this?

Heavyporker
09-09-03, 23:33
Hmm.. I guess nobody really wants *too* much realism in this game, huh?

Shujin
10-09-03, 04:27
i tihnk tehy should start out as like small eggs then grow bigger and eventually the smaller mobs

Drake6k
10-09-03, 04:31
Dont like the idea. I want to kill my chaser babies without waiting for them to grow. I dont really see a problem with the spawn as it is. Would rather have time put in other areas. Like killing monks and making pistols uberer.

Shujin
10-09-03, 04:38
Originally posted by Drake6k
Dont like the idea. I want to kill my chaser babies without waiting for them to grow. I dont really see a problem with the spawn as it is. Would rather have time put in other areas. Like killing monks and making pistols uberer.

well having them at least take about 10 secs to grow would b nice, bcuz if u werent really strong or just happend to be walkin by and it pops up like BOO u got a change to run before attack of teh babehs happens

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 14:41
Hmmm... the mauler family seems to me to be a mammalian group, and hence, wouldn't lay eggs.

And besides, you wouldn't have to actually wait very long for the kiddies to start attacking you... it'd be that the mother would be spawning them around her, not all over half the zone.

Q`alooaith
10-09-03, 14:46
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hmmm... the mauler family seems to me to be a mammalian group, and hence, wouldn't lay eggs.

And besides, you wouldn't have to actually wait very long for the kiddies to start attacking you... it'd be that the mother would be spawning them around her, not all over half the zone.

And then after a few more seconds the small ones turn into the higher level versions, maybe have them decay the babes and spawn a big un at the right spot, with a 5% chance that it would turn into another chaser/leaper

Cypher_Psy
10-09-03, 15:14
This game is 3D last time I looked...

Just have the babies be small scale versions, that zoom/enlarge to the right scale/size over a (to be balanced) period of time.

KimmyG
10-09-03, 15:15
When im lvling I would rather not see and asshole spawn

iainy13
10-09-03, 16:01
sounds like alot of work..... An i dont care what they spawn like. Besides that only covers the smaller spiders an stuff... what bout hurlers. Funny if they had mini hurlers comin out of them er somthin. But i think i would rather reakktor concentrate on other things. Like mc5 an doy.

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 16:52
Hurlers are male.

I'm talking about female mobs.

and it wouldnt be much work.

Shujin
10-09-03, 19:25
if u look close u can see that raptors are female ;()

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 19:41
eww... I don't want to think about that... so many times I;ve seen desperate runners engage in raptor bestiality sex... but they couldn't handle the heat... their candles turned to matches...

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 21:11
Erm...rather not have.............too much realism........

BlackDove
10-09-03, 21:22
As if those beasts are realistic.

Heavyporker
10-09-03, 21:31
Man... can ya guys believe this guy?

Just because the beasts aren't RL doesn't mean they don't have to act more naturally. In what sense would having your kids suddenly materialize about fifty meters from the mother be considered anything resembling realism.

Realism in fictional settings means things act within the context of the setting.

Like in the movie Shrek. Everything was realistic because they all looked and acted in respect to the setting.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 21:32
If the minis were to fire out their arses I'd have to say it would be "rapid fire" and it would be normal mobs, ....having mobs "Grow up" is something you could tollerate in a slow paced game like EQ, but in Neocron those mobs would be dead before they're high enough to get EXP From.