PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks of playing a tank. Points of view

hinch
09-09-03, 12:42
well its not all as bad as i thought it would have been.

when i first started playing my tank again i was /44 this char had been idle since like november time.
Now two weeks down the line and im /61.
ok so i know ive been slow lvling but theres other reasons for that.

Anyway onto what i think about tanks.
Before i started playing them i thought tanks are shit theyre stupid cant do anything appart from fight they have no defence and are basically cannon fodder.
well after 2 weeks ive been involved in pp skirmishes, opwars, gankings (mainly of me) and lots of neofrag sessions.
now i view tanks as this theyre shit theyre stupid they cant do anything appart from fight their defence is obsolubtly shocking and theyre basically cannon fodder.

so why am i still playing it?
because its actually hada couple of fun moments playing it.
I wont my first tank vs tank fight last night in neofrag (\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/) both of us cs using smurfs he was /62 but thats minimal difference. so we were basically even.
we dueled 3 times in total i wont them all i think at least i dont remember loosing and it was great fun both our cs`s were taking huge chunks out of each other not like normal fights when theres that ppu around and suddenly you may as well be firing blanks. (btw the ppu arguement fits in with my statement pure monks should be removed everyone should be hybrid)

i then got my ass spanked by a much higher ranked tank
but i did then whoop a pe even with her shelter on etc so yay me :D

theres also something about pluto dont know what it is but it generates the best screen shots of any server ive taken about 400 of teh past 2 week some of them are truly superb.

so far though the most fun ive had with meh little tank was at an opwar helping a friend of mine. me and fenix went to join them to help them and we took our ppu rhoid and woah now that was fun 2 big armies eithe rside and me and fenix running around nuking people all over the place.

as some of you know i was also having problems addapting to the tanks aiming as opposed to the monks aiming. well im starting to get the hang of it though my cs is still shit slow aiming but thats partly teh cannons stats as well as me being shit.
im by no means a good aim and it does take me a while to work out that im not a monk even now every time i go into battle its "remember your not a monk remember your not a monk"

anyway im going to keep playing the smurf for a few more weeks see if when i cap i can get along with it abit better.
its certainly had its fun moments considering it is the single most boring class in the game. one thing i would like to see though is CS`s removed completely. or just drop ALL rares completely i had a tpc fight with someone and it lasted fucking ages :) thats the way fights should be not these cs fights which are over with in like 20 seconds.

leethasbro
09-09-03, 12:54
I dunno, I just really like the big cannons.

RayBob
09-09-03, 12:57
Originally posted by hinch
...one thing i would like to see though is CS`s removed completely. or just drop ALL rares completely i had a tpc fight with someone and it lasted fucking ages :) thats the way fights should be not these cs fights which are over with in like 20 seconds.

I am not in favor of removing or nerfing rares; however, I do enjoy it when fights last longer. Instead of nerfing or removing the weapons, they need to slowly improve the implants, bones, and armor available. By giving everyone better resists and more life, it would make the fights last longer.

Ray

GurTjaN
09-09-03, 14:42
tanks are fun the sexy "emote" really fits them the best :)
and they look tuff :P

i got a lvl 60 tank too and the pvp its nice i dont know how but when u pvp with a tank it looks like a whole other system of fighting than sniping or having a monk i like it and the speedguns are 1337...

if u ever get bored on ur char at neocron and u dont have a tank start one its cool :)

btw show us those screenies :P

oh yea much more exciting too to pvp on a tank they plasma really flies around ur head like in 2 cm away ... (if ur lucky ):lol:

hinch
09-09-03, 14:45
im going to do a mass screenie conversion tonight and stick a few in this thread the rest i`ll put in my pluto gallery

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 15:14
killing spies with big cannon just turns me on
K4F

hinch
09-09-03, 15:19
spys normally kill meh :)

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 15:22
Originally posted by hinch
spys normally kill meh :)
nono you using the wrong guns against em... try a bat or War gas modded Flamer or even napalm its cute (yeah fire turns me on) but most of all mod it with flash light
K4F

ps ask the lil spy how to turn on the torch

hinch
09-09-03, 15:24
all meh guns have a flashlight

just gotta work out how to turn it on :)

Shadow Dancer
09-09-03, 16:42
Hinch I hope you stay on pluto. :)

hinch
09-09-03, 18:21
prolly gonna be around at least a couple more weeks till i decide what to do.

else i may goto saturn and cap my hybrid there :)

nugz420
09-09-03, 23:22
Damn no mention of me killing both of you at the same time hinch.I feel so used:lol:

][)ank

ps. use your numpad to turn on your lights mate :)