PDA

View Full Version : Question..

Kasumi
09-09-03, 10:24
Anyone ever been able to kill the DOom Harbringer lately by themselves this is excludeing PPUs.. i dont know hwo it is on other servers.. the the Doom harbringer is almost impossible to kill.. he does proably 3x the daamge a MoonStriker.. plus his room has 2 extra Cere warriros in there that do almos tthe same damage.. and from what i can see they removed the rocket pistol mobs in there and replaced them with rocket launcher mobs.. Its almost impossible to beat any boss mobw ithout a PPU..I not sure but i think something has to eb done with these mobs.. weaken or allow more tactics to killing them.. a mob that does over 200 damage a hit with 80 force resist + 120 from armor and 15 from basic resist is just way to strong.. Tired of having to have a PPyu with me for every mob in this game..

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 11:59
There was never any rocket pistol mobs, they were always rocket launcher ^_^

QD (Pistol PE) Can solo them pretty easy, he can even make them kill eachother/themselves. :)

Just keep moving (and real fast, and real precise, it's the best pvm practise you can get for pvp....)

Helen Angilley
09-09-03, 12:01
I could frequently take them down with a single Drone.

Kasumi
09-09-03, 12:13
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
There was never any rocket pistol mobs, they were always rocket launcher ^_^

QD (Pistol PE) Can solo them pretty easy, he can even make them kill eachother/themselves. :)

Just keep moving (and real fast, and real precise, it's the best pvm practise you can get for pvp....)

There was a rocket pistol mob.. maybe they removed them awhile ago.. but i know ther ewas one ;)

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 12:18
Heh, I've been killing these guys for about 8months...if there was a pistol dude it was before retail, or before #165 :P

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:19
Where's this doomie?! I wanna try my luck too!!!

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 12:20
Point Red.

Just don't sit still.
And, don't be fooled by lag......

Kasumi
09-09-03, 12:20
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I could frequently take them down with a single Drone.

Maybe i should of directed this question at tanks... Drones are just as bad as PPUs for mobs.. there easy for mob killing.. and if yoru drone dies you just get out another one..

the harbringer is in 2 locations that i know of one is point red and another one is a village that has a bridge not sure of its name..

@QD It was probably early retail.. and beta:)

CR@SH
09-09-03, 12:21
Originally posted by Richard Slade

Point Red, in the Point Red Storage Facility

Its basically a mutie with a big damn rocket launcher

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 12:22
With a heavy combat tank, my suggestion is to learn to use AoE on the move, or really to use a CS and take cover.

Soloing this mob is really, not for tanks of any description though, they just don't have the defence.

Kasumi
09-09-03, 12:23
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
With a heavy combat tank, my suggestion is to learn to use AoE on the move, or really to use a CS and take cover.

Soloing this mob is really, not for tanks of any description though, they just don't have the defence.

LOL I am a melee tank :) i know how to kill him with a melee tank pretty well.. its the fact when it does hit me.. it does way to much damage.. and the room has 2 other mobs that do almost as much damage..

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:25
Anyone got pics of this thingy and the surroundings? Being a droner and meet mobs face to face in a place like the bottom of Battle dome is NOT funny without knowing where to go:p

Kasumi
09-09-03, 12:28
They look exactly like a mutant.. a mutant warrior i think.. but it has a rocket launcher on it sshoulder.. there 3 types.. Ceres Warrior Lieutenant.. Ceres Warrior something lol and a Doom Harbringer.. once you get to point red zone down and go straight.. right.. follow hall way.. go intoroom than go left.. than follow hall way and the room you walk into has the harbringer.. if yoru on pluto the front of the storage place has a ceres warrior right in the front and one in a hall way leading to the harbringer and the harbringer has 2 other mutants in with him..

CR@SH
09-09-03, 12:34
found this pic on the forum
http://520030968719.bei.t-online.de/Pics/shot0080.png

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:38
First of all... A droner and a hybrid only? :p
Second, that didn't tell me much more than the fact that that is a mutant (yes it is!)
Anyone got stuff to tell about the surroundings?
(No I can't get into neo right now and am just filling out time until I can go home and play again..)

MrBane
09-09-03, 12:38
You can do it by yourself if you're a tank. Just take along with you, a Tangent Freezer Cannon, some basic Psi spells, and a whole lotta medipacks.

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:41
And my stall doesn't have a single tank right now, only spies and a ppu monk *sigh* Suggestions?

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 12:42
if the psi is a ppu... buff up and go look

Heavyporker
09-09-03, 13:55
Heh, I recall that I had quite a bit of fun trying to duke it out with the Doom Harbinger with minimal support.... That's my apu, btw.

Guys, I consider it a fairly good trial of skill for an APU to solo the Doom Harbinger.

I mean, I got shit force resist, so he can take me out in 2 hits.
But damn if I can't hurt him bad before I go down. I won't say everything about soloing him, but....

Poison's more useful than you think, plus the multispells give you a nice advantage, and the barrels won't let you down if you respect them and use them properly.

So there.

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 14:31
APU solo PvM = 3rd person view = pwn mobs when in cover

Scikar
09-09-03, 14:52
Originally posted by Richard Slade
APU solo PvM = 3rd person view = pwn mobs when in cover

Except the rockets are AoE and can kill an apu through the containers.

The only class that has any difficulty in there is a H-C tank. As long as you keep moving you're safe, and as soon as you get hit you just have to run back through the door to heal. I've soloed the harby as an apu, as a melee tank, as a rifle spy, and as a H-C tank. The H-C tank was by far the hardest, though having some force resist and wearing a bit of inq to counteract the fire damage helped somewhat. A pistol PE should have no trouble at all.

Archeus
09-09-03, 15:07
Harbringer = PPU, HDB and SC and shields/heal. If someone tries to nick the kill then distract mind the harbringer.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 15:09
i have solod as a capped tank

gettin there isnt fun heh... all those mobs O_o

Eckel
09-09-03, 15:13
Not very hard to solo .....just keep ya distance and keep moving......... 90% of the rockets will hit the floor infront of you...

Theres never been a pistol guy down in PR.....

Kasumi
09-09-03, 15:16
Yes ther was a pistol one.. i gurantee it.. if my old laptop wouldnt of died on me i could show you some screenshots O_O *cries* it was the Ceres Warrior Infantry or whatever its name is that carried a rocket pistol at one time.. I forgot that the harbringer does fire damage as well as force lol could be my problem O_O

Eckel
09-09-03, 15:33
Ah right .....i never stopped and looked ..i just saw rockets ;)