PDA

View Full Version : Xray bones.... dont like it

VetteroX
09-09-03, 07:46
After thinking about it, I dont think I want a set of bones that gives + 50 xray in NC. I have an xray resit that would blow away most PEs... I worked for it. Yes, im selfish, I dont want other pes to have good xray resit. Xray bones giving + 50 xray to everyone means nobodys going to have to work to have good resits.... its just gonna get too easy. I say tone this down a lot... like 5 xray a bone, max. DONT make them super rare, cause most of us DONT want a game based on who has best items.... But please think about this, a set of bones that gives + 50 to xray is really going to unbalanced the resit system I think.

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 07:52
Well think about it, that's also a +50 for you...
Or u could do like the everyday monk and LoM to something else.

BlackDove
09-09-03, 07:52
Yeah, the way it was explained by the GM's, I agree with Vettero on this one.

Dream
09-09-03, 07:54
Originally posted by VetteroX
After thinking about it, I dont think I want a set of bones that gives + 50 xray in NC. I have an xray resit that would blow away most PEs... I worked for it. Yes, im selfish, I dont want other pes to have good xray resit. Xray bones giving + 50 xray to everyone means nobodys going to have to work to have good resits.... its just gonna get too easy. I say tone this down a lot... like 5 xray a bone, max. DONT make them super rare, cause most of us DONT want a game based on who has best items.... But please think about this, a set of bones that gives + 50 to xray is really going to unbalanced the resit system I think.

Not hard for a PE to get 114 xray in con...? And still have plenty of points to use elsewhere...

Clyde
09-09-03, 08:01
well ya dont have to wear them ya know, or you could pop them in and add to your current resist setup and youll still be "on top". However, with the bones comin along, guess how many are gonna switch to xheated/phos or ura/advanced :rolleyes:

VetteroX
09-09-03, 08:02
Im not going to post my resits... ill never tell anyone... maybe if I quit NC some day, i will. But I have extreme xray, fire, and energy, and tons of health too. I figured it out, it can be done... just seems like nobody else has been able to yet.

Anyway, + 50 is too much. people who cant put effort in dont need this much help, lower it please.

BTW, again, I dont want anyone to know how resits work, but, what you all belive, I dont agree with. So in my view, and my tests, what you think is the best resits you can do, isnt.

KidWithStick
09-09-03, 08:15
i know what your saying and i understand...

but i cant wait for them.lol

Iffy Boatrace
09-09-03, 08:23
Quote:
"Anyway, + 50 is too much. people who cant put effort in dont need this much help"

Well, it's not like the bones will be dropping free from the sky eh, sooooooo, anyone who gets them surely has to earn them right?
and hence has earned the right to own them.

:lol:

Lady Boatrace is confused

Mankind
09-09-03, 08:24
Personally I think you're talking out your ass vettero. I haven't heard of anyone crying about how great your resists are. If they were that great, everyone on Saturn would be whining. There's always something that can take you down, or someone. So you're "uber resists" as you call them won't be around forever.

Dream
09-09-03, 08:36
Originally posted by Mankind
Personally I think you're talking out your ass vettero. I haven't heard of anyone crying about how great your resists are. If they were that great, everyone on Saturn would be whining. There's always something that can take you down, or someone. So you're "uber resists" as you call them won't be around forever.

Well people like Kimmy G who are never seen out of plaza1 without a PPU up thier ass are gonna eventually really piss Vettero off, just like how he pisses so many others off :p

Apu/Ppu team is Neocron right now, and anyone who is anyone will have this combo....which any single PE or TANK cannot say anything to...so thats just the sad facts.

FBI
09-09-03, 08:51
I have an xray resit that would blow away most PEs... I worked for it. Yes, im selfish, I dont want other pes to have good xray resit ....a set of bones that gives + 50 to xray is really going to unbalanced the resit system I think.

Im not going to post my resits... ill never tell anyone... maybe if I quit NC some day, i will. But I have extreme xray, fire, and energy, and tons of health too. I figured it out, it can be done... just seems like nobody else has been able to yet. ....So in my view, and my tests, what you think is the best resits you can do, isnt.

Your really starting to annoy me vettero, your ego is worse than
anyone in neocron, It makes me look like an angel. I should go
school you some just to shut you the hell up. :o

About your "uber" resists, just because no one tells you about
their setup doesn't mean yours is better..your not original. Your
the type that spends days on the test server recording resist
results just to come to the forum and brag, lol which makes me
think you don't pvp at all because no one talks about you.

I'm the type of player that adjusts my resists through experience,
through beta to now I adjust my resists to what works efficently
toward my pvp, I don't waste time doing calculations to cheat
myself out of an authentic setup, one Earned through experience.
I never had a great resist setup, I rely more on stamina, speed,
mouse sensitivity and accuracy. Sure I could have some uber
resists and spend hours of testing with numbers but then again
I have a setup that took me more than a year to acquire and any
slight changes to anything slightly would make my pvp suffer.

sleepy time

FBI

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 08:55
does any one goot screen shots of those Bones ?
K4F

Disturbed021
09-09-03, 10:08
wtf are you talking about?
You don't want the bones added because you have a good setup that will only get better?

BlackDove
09-09-03, 10:10
No, he doesn't want the bones because everyone elses setup will get better, without them having to actually think about it.

Disturbed021
09-09-03, 10:18
Originally posted by BlackDove
No, he doesn't want the bones because everyone elses setup will get better, without them having to actually think about it.
Lol, i c. But if everyone gets these Xray bones and their resist setup is as good or better than his, doesn't that mean that his resist setup isn't as good as he thinks it is?

Still confused how this makes any resist setup worse....it simply adds Xray resist to everyone. Don't see how this is a problem *shrugs*

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 10:28
Originally posted by Disturbed021
Lol, i c. But if everyone gets these Xray bones and their resist setup is as good or better than his, doesn't that mean that his resist setup isn't as good as he thinks it is?

Still confused how this makes any resist setup worse....it simply adds Xray resist to everyone. Don't see how this is a problem *shrugs*

Well umm shouldn't HIS X-ray setup get a boost too then so he can put his +100 points in ANYTHING else that he needs?
And isn't that like... Good for him?

Distaria
09-09-03, 10:29
Well, I may not agree with FBI on many things, I'd have to say he just gained quite a bit of respect from me.

CkVega
09-09-03, 10:40
What self respecting PE is going to use the full Xray bone set? I'd rather use Bat queen + experimental bones (plus maybe the xray skull) But hey, thats just me.

I can see these bones as being more usefull to a spy than a PE or tank, and a high level spy already has the best Xray protection in the game so no real loss there.

X Kitty X
09-09-03, 10:46
Well I think they are a good idea. Not all spys have 115 int for the current spy suit and the bones are therefore a good idea. It's hard for a spy to use anything other than the crappy level one bones at the moment so bring them on.

BlackDove
09-09-03, 11:01
PE's who already have good X-ray protection will combine the bat queen with the X-ray. That's what I'd do anyway - because that stuff the bat queen bones hold is important - however... I've noticed that the ammo everyone uses is more than 65% X-Ray...in turn with these bones, those weapons will become next to useless...well I'm glad I have my three differently modded RoG's but still...hmmm

jernau
09-09-03, 11:16
All spies should be able to use advanced bones without trouble even with a -STR imp in.

Scikar
09-09-03, 11:18

Actually I've seen them, he lives through 2 clips of CS consistently.

Though I do agree it is extremely selfish. Achieving a setup to PvP with should not take weeks of work, and it should not be something that some people can never achieve. KK should stick to the planned +60 total.

Clyde
09-09-03, 11:51
imma have to go with para on that. anyone can spend a week on the test server testing resist and come out with one of the best setups. that doesnt make you any better tho, and infact thats more like h4x!! (but lets not get on that right now) all i see is moreless you bit..complaining about the fact that your gonna have to spend more time on the ts changing your setup all over agian :rolleyes:

icarium
09-09-03, 11:55
lets nerf viper king coz it adds POR :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:03
Yeah and nerf the inq cuz it gives fire resist too damnit!
Can't have ppl getting mad about others getting good con setups from other things than pure lvls.... o_O

Helen Angilley
09-09-03, 12:05
I don't like Cursed Souls, can we remove them?

CarniFlex
09-09-03, 12:07
Guessing vetterox weakness is poison so lets stack em on him and laugh as his uberish resists dont work... :D

I dont agree with you, those extra raybones should be storebought. This game isnt only for those who goes to testserver testing resist for retail and then coming to forums bout how they should be nerfed. There are plenty of people who play less than 20 hours a week in this game and why ripp off these people with some nerfed bones etc?

even if you get those bones with high xray resists they will have negatory effects in other areas. How bout we wait and see what they do before we start whining bout this?

s0apy
09-09-03, 12:13
what no one seems to have mentioned, or considered, is that you won't actually even NEED these bones. the simple fact of their existence will make everyone assume that everyone else has them, and as such use a different weapon/mod.

personally, the presence of x-ray bones will cause me to merely up my fire defense, since that is inevitably what most people will move to attacking with, and indeed have been doing so for some time.

ps. does anyone know what the actual stats of these bones are? you talk about them as if you already know. i'm not talking about the xxr, i'm talking about the agl/for/pierce/ath/end values that they confer, or indeed any negatives that they might have.

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 12:17
As usual, I can see exactly where Vet's coming from, having pretty close to the resists that he has (probably only slight differences these days, especially since I think I know what his whacky armor idea was), I cap every resist.

My Resist configuration _cannot_ get better/much better (I realise I need to tweak/lom it, but it's damn near perfect), xray bones make it easy for other people to get to what I got, and, what's more, for me, it only benefits by having a tiny bit more runspeed, or a tiny bit more health.
Meanwhile, other people benefit exponentially.

Heh, kinda newbifies cron a little bit...

Ego or not, he has a point.
People like he, and I, and a few others, like XaNToR and Rabbi Fang have worked extremely hard on our setups and now there will be two implants gained for every PE / Spy / Tank that can be replaced at no cost to yourself...
bleh..........

Syntax-Error
09-09-03, 12:18
Why is it everyone assumes these bones are for fucking PvP. this is a RPG you know and there are mobs out there that use X-Ray. my advice STFU. you dont like them go buy a dummy and suck it cos ure acting like a baby. ffs

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:29
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
I don't like Cursed Souls, can we remove them?

And I don't like players with higher rank than me.
Can we remove them too then? *sigh*
o_O

Lanigav
09-09-03, 12:36
You know, its kind of funny. People often complain about how greviously short PvP matchups are, yet when KK introduces an item that will increase resistance to one of the most widely used styles of damage for PvP, and consequently cause players to take less damage and allow for longer PvP setups, people complain.

If anything, I'm glad they have them so my PE and PSI-Monk can use them against DoY units.

Lucjan
09-09-03, 12:42
erm, ok, could someone be so kind and enlighten me on the xray bone situation? What stats do they have and what did the GM mention how we can aquire these bones?

XaNToR
09-09-03, 12:43
lol Vet i never thought that u are so selfish +ignorant, if people get better resists, fine better challenge, better PvP ==> more fun

and hey they will give TOTAL 50 xray, do u think everyone will switch every bone imp ? ill just switch head and arms, rest is too important.

better resists or not, i dont care, rabbi told me how to skill, i edited his setup and im fine with it...

btw qd cap of resists is 255, but at some point of the resists its no more thoughful to skill it ===> forget about the "cap"

Helen Angilley
09-09-03, 12:45
Originally posted by Richard Slade
And I don't like players with higher rank than me.
Can we remove them too then? *sigh*
o_O

I don't like you, can we get rid of you?

*Ducks*

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:47
I don't like you, can we get rid of you?

*Ducks*

*throws his punisher at Helen*
Hey what did I do?!
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Scikar
09-09-03, 12:52
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
As usual, I can see exactly where Vet's coming from, having pretty close to the resists that he has (probably only slight differences these days, especially since I think I know what his whacky armor idea was), I cap every resist.

My Resist configuration _cannot_ get better/much better (I realise I need to tweak/lom it, but it's damn near perfect), xray bones make it easy for other people to get to what I got, and, what's more, for me, it only benefits by having a tiny bit more runspeed, or a tiny bit more health.
Meanwhile, other people benefit exponentially.

Heh, kinda newbifies cron a little bit...

Ego or not, he has a point.
People like he, and I, and a few others, like XaNToR and Rabbi Fang have worked extremely hard on our setups and now there will be two implants gained for every PE / Spy / Tank that can be replaced at no cost to yourself...
bleh..........

You can't justify denying these bones to new players on the grounds that a few players have spent a long time on their resist setups. Resist setups should not be so difficult to achieve (spending a bit more than 5 minutes on them should be worthwhile, but it should not be necessary to spend days and weeks just to have a good enough setup to survive in a fight). Nerfing these bones is exactly the same as nerfing the drop rate - I got what I want, now nobody else should have it.

hinch
09-09-03, 12:57
i`ll take them no problems allows me to spec a little bit more into something else prolly por or something i`ll only be taking the head and arm though or maybe a leg depends what the full stats are when theyre released

if theyre just exp bones but with + xrr then i`ll take a full set proly

Scikar
09-09-03, 13:01
Originally posted by XaNToR
btw qd cap of resists is 255, but at some point of the resists its no more thoughful to skill it ===> forget about the "cap"

Natural resist cap is 114, but armor then takes that further. According to neocron.ems.ru 114 resist gives 119 armor, and the armor cap is 200, which gives a 76% resist. However the only information of that which is confirmed is that 114 is the cap for natural resists. Personally I'm still confused when QD says he caps every resist, since that means 114 each of fire, energy and xray if he's talking about natural resists, and if he's talking about armor caps then that means the same with 81 in each armor, and xray cannot be capped in this way due to the lack of armor.

Original monk
09-09-03, 13:04
Originally posted by FBI
their setup doesn't mean yours is better
..your not original.

Yeah he's not original :P (luckely)

I dislike vetterox also :P
and if he plays saturn he isnt that big of a PK, i play saturn 24/24 7/7 and i never saw em :P maybe one of he's alts but dunno em either so vetterox stop shittalkin :angel:

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 13:04
Originally posted by Scikar
Natural resist cap is 114, but armor then takes that further. According to neocron.ems.ru 114 resist gives 119 armor, and the armor cap is 200, which gives a 76% resist. However the only information of that which is confirmed is that 114 is the cap for natural resists. Personally I'm still confused when QD says he caps every resist, since that means 114 each of fire, energy and xray if he's talking about natural resists, and if he's talking about armor caps then that means the same with 81 in each armor, and xray cannot be capped in this way due to the lack of armor.

look at my sig :p

oh and about your comment on rares... tbh i would like them to be removed, im no noob with no rares, i own just about all in the game...

however so does everyone and thats a prob IMO... make non-rares usable and rares... well... rare lol

anyway thats totally OT, but i look forward to these bones, spies dont exactly get that much con ^.^

Scikar
09-09-03, 13:13
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
look at my sig :p

Originally posted on http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html
Thus, if you have 100 energy armor, 100 energy resist, shelter 70%, and you are not NPC , then you absorbs 97.66% damage, ie receive 43 times less energy damage than roach

Exactly. Now tell me how QD caps energy, fire and xray? Basic shelter doesn't go up to 70%, and that's in addition to armor and resists, it's counted afterwards.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 13:15
dunno... but my capped tank dueled QD and lost... now i dont claim to be the best but i am not really really bad lol

i got my ass handed to me by him and his lib heh (before the boost, just after lib nerf iirc)

and i am sure it has improved vastly since then lol

still... sometime i would like to duel him with my pistol spy when i cap him ... he is currently just off anti rad and usin a ROLH

s0apy
09-09-03, 13:18
Originally posted by Scikar
Exactly. Now tell me how QD caps energy, fire and xray? Basic shelter doesn't go up to 70%, and that's in addition to armor and resists, it's counted afterwards.

he takes drugs. psi drug - then heat or hazard resist booster. other buffs, str imps instead of combat imps to increase armour range and so on. my head hurts just thingking about it. kudos and all, but it's all too much work.

Scikar
09-09-03, 13:21
Originally posted by s0apy
he takes drugs. psi drug - then heat or hazard resist booster. other buffs, str imps instead of combat imps to increase armour range and so on. my head hurts just thingking about it. kudos and all, but it's all too much work.

Yeha I keep forgetting about heat and haz booster even though I remember every time I think about it lol. But people shouldn't need to drug to PvP, and I don't think the fact that one guy uses drugs now to get good resists justifies denying armor to another guy who prefers to fight without drugs.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 13:22
indeed i have seen his past setups (but not a recent one i think) and there is no way i will comment on it... lol

however i know he is tough as hell lol

a RL friend offered to trade something for 3 dog tags of my choice... i said QD immediatly (not against you QD... cos i knew he couldnt get) and he said he knew he couldnt get lol

that was biochimp btw qd... he knows he cant beat ya ^.^ lol

hinch
09-09-03, 13:25
on his old setup qd could take 15 HL bursts from my hybrid it sprolly more on his new setup.

but my pe will beat him :):p

alig
09-09-03, 13:38
indeed i have seen his past setups (but not a recent one i think) and there is no way i will comment on it... lol

however i know he is tough as hell lol

a RL friend offered to trade something for 3 dog tags of my choice... i said QD immediatly (not against you QD... cos i knew he couldnt get) and he said he knew he couldnt get lol

that was biochimp btw qd... he knows he cant beat ya ^.^ lol

Should of asked me junkie :p

And about xray bones....if there going to boost xray then the chances are, there wont be much force/pierce (wotever resist the normal ones give now:confused:) so ppl will lean towards a gatlin if ur a tank and u will drop quicker than probably using a cso_O

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 13:41
CAn some one please Post some damn screen shoots of those damn X ray bones now ? pretty pretty plz wiv sugar on top and some cream
or atleast the stats for em
K4F

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 13:43
Originally posted by alig
Should of asked me junkie :p

And about xray bones....if there going to boost xray then the chances are, there wont be much force/pierce (wotever resist the normal ones give now:confused:) so ppl will lean towards a gatlin if ur a tank and u will drop quicker than probably using a cso_O

lol i didnt want them.. .wanted to shut chimp up lol ^.^

lol... gatling... will that ever be viable in a big PvP battle? (unless you want a speedgun and 9 stamana boosters in QB...)

Junkie

alig
09-09-03, 13:49

lol... gatling... will that ever be viable in a big PvP battle? (unless you want a speedgun and 9 stamana boosters in QB...)

Junkie

Doubt it cuz it aint a cs but bleh......i know one tank that can use this gun and kill with it alot more and hit alot more than most tanks can and it does hurt....ALOT on tanks but i cant use it unless its pvm cuz its all over the shop lol.

hinch
09-09-03, 13:52
i always use my speed gat it chews through tanks and pe`s and even ppu cast deflectors if theyre cast on anyone but the ppu the ppu it self is still invinciable

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 13:56
well yeah the damage and the RoF are nice...

however a nice quick moving tank or PE or whatever will be hard as hell to hit, no matter how skilled you are.

with lag and the fact that people arent where they seem.... and the quite slow aiming... its easier with a CS

sad fact, 90% of situtions = CS for a tank

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 13:58
I can't get the holy shelter :P
Then again, I can't think of any monk who caps all resists, so saying "cap resists" is impossible, if you mean it litterally, due to the 50% shelter nerf :p

I obviously don't cap poison either, my argument there, is that you don't need to....
These XRR Bones will only benefit me to either a) add a little more (imo useless) poison, or b) add a little more HLT or ATL....

Well, I'm above the soft-cap on runspeed and my HP is 400+ in combat...o_O

An' Ali - I'll duel you again sometime soon...BlackSun vs CS instead of Lib vs CS :p

edit, thanks for the praise'n'backup though guys, I don't really need it though...even these guys on the forums know I'm not really clowning about when it comes to resists anymore :p

OpTi
09-09-03, 13:59

Junkie

i killed gingers tank with my speedgun ;)

was going with SSC to defend jeriko (Again :rolleyes:) and he was killing all the SSC that GR'd to OZ. I ran round a corner out of the GR cast heal and pulled my speedgun about 30's later he was dead :D (we didn't know he was there untill it was too late)

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 14:01
lol... you dont need to boast about killin ginger... my non combat spy didnt die to him o_O

nonamebrandeggs
09-09-03, 14:29
These bones were a kick in the balls for me... I had it in my head that Xray was gonna be the spy's resist, as Energy is Monk's right now (They got like 246 energy resist total with pa/armor/energy belt... not including con!). Now there are these bones, 50 xray resist, which means 50 more fire or energy for some PE or Tank. So, yay! More power to the tank! I feel like that kid in school that no one likes...

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 14:36
will tanks use the whole set? we dont even know the stats o_O

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 14:39
Tanks that use the whole set wouldn't be able to use Gatlins much.

These Bones only have XRR, they don't have AGL/ATL/END/MC/PRC. :P

Scikar
09-09-03, 14:40
Actually that's not 50 points spare for a tank. Xray is currently the only thing a tank cannot resist well. They have average energy armor, good fire armor, excellent forcec/pierce armor, but only 5 xray armor. The difference the bones will make is merely that xray, energy and fire resists will be about the same as each other rather than the current setup where you cap xray resist but it's still your weakness because you have no armor for it.

Also note that they still benefit spies a lot, 117 xray armor is still quite a way short of an ideal resist.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 14:48
my tank will use 2 at most...

my spy will use most if not all

Progenitor
09-09-03, 14:52
Does anyone actually have the stats and reqs for the x-ray bones?

-p

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 14:54
They're apparently available to spies, pes, tanks...
About the "advanced bone" STR requirements...roughly...

Jesterthegreat
09-09-03, 15:05
aye... but i think stats are more important... you know they are just xrr and nothing else QD?

Nixon
09-09-03, 15:05
Originally posted by hinch
i always use my speed gat it chews through tanks and pe`s and even ppu cast deflectors if theyre cast on anyone but the ppu the ppu it self is still invinciable

lol try dueling me with a speed gat u get your ass handed over faster than an SXR spy :}

Ozambabbaz
09-09-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Nixon
lol try dueling me with a speed gat u get your ass handed over faster than an SXR spy :}

i hafta roll a spy soon 8|

Mankind
09-09-03, 16:15
I just would like to add a good example of someone with great resists.

Zoneseek. (I'm not harassing so I can name names right?)

He has wonderful resists and I know he can take more than 2 or 3 CS bursts. But you don't see him coming on here gloating in almost every thread about his greatness (even though he really could because he IS)

Shadow Dancer
09-09-03, 16:35
As usual I disagree with Vet. :p

The only thing that irks me is that pes will get even better defense(at least pes in general, not pes like vet and QD). bah

KimmyG
09-09-03, 16:38
I think the majority would only get head and arm xry bone. I know I for 1 wont trade my BQ chest and exp leg maybe the foot but even that I doubt

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 16:53
Originally posted by KimmyG
I think the majority would only get head and arm xry bone. I know I for 1 wont trade my BQ chest and exp leg maybe the foot but even that I doubt
Well that took a brain surgeon...
Please note in one of my posts above, I said "two implants." :p

---
Even me'n'Vet will use these bones, because they're there to be used, it will give us HLT/Runspeed ontop of current stats.

Lexxuk
09-09-03, 18:32
Resists are easy enough.

Drugs & Filter 2 & PP Resist & Haz 1 + 39 resist XRY = 114 Resist Xray (tank's can get 114 without Haz and with bones)

69 in Fire/Nrg resist, with drugs/implants = 114 Resist Fire/Nrg (76%) leaving quite a fair bit left over for health and athletics, and also starting you off with 15 Health points from Haz 1.

Chuck in PSI Sheild and Shelter, along with a mix of armour for energy/fire with an nrg belt, and hey presto.

Just choose your armour and away you go (no, I dont use this setup, never have, never will, dont play for PvP)

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 18:52
can some one post the damn stats or a pics of those fucked bones now ? ... this post is pretty useless and just spam if your just posting.. um i dont like the sound of new xrr bones.. bla bla bla
btw lexx umm dont like your new avatar.. its not gay or silly :\ and i almost dident reconicze you
K4F

Lexxuk
09-09-03, 18:57
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
btw lexx umm dont like your new avatar.. its not gay or silly :\ and i almost dident reconicze you
K4F

:( I can paint it pink for u? or put a moon behind it :p

Ste-X
sucks to be you

Eddie
Hrm.. don't mean to sound like a tit to all spies.. but us and our xray armour - don't we slightly have enough xray resist as it is?

And who said something about SXR spies!?!

Eddie

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 18:58
Originally posted by Lexxuk
:( I can paint it pink for u? or put a moon behind it :p
Moon, pair of tits and cock would be nice
K4F

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 19:00
Originally posted by Eddie
Hrm.. don't mean to sound like a tit to all spies.. but us and our xray armour - don't we slightly have enough xray resist as it is?

And who said something about SXR spies!?!

Eddie
with those bones we would be pretty imune to xrr dmg.. but then i again i dont know the stats on those bones yet
and yes we do need more fire and enr resist
K4F

VetteroX
09-09-03, 19:33
Parad0x.. you dueled me one time tank vs tank... you lost. I asked for duels over and over... you declined.

Your as cocky as I am, you just do it in more suttle and annoying ways, usually hinting at it in every post and adding a smily or whatever to show "just kidding, dont flame me" when u arent kidding. When we first fought, you would run and exit neofrag when I was winning... remeber? Your so big on yourself you cant watch your character fall down. I say it strait out, but you will keep hinting at how great you are. My tank used 0 drugs, you use... 5 accoding to you? I dont really want to be enemies with you parad0x, I dont mind someone who doesnt brag tell me to shut up, but you do it as much as I do.

No, zoneseek doesnt brag about it here because hes been banned multiple times... I doubt he wants to start a flame war and get banned again.

Xray bones makes the game too easy.... simple as that. You can get tons of force from st. if they truely give + 60 (jesus) as a whole set like someone siad, then i can easily make up the + 15 ath i lose from experimental leg and improve my other resits.

Yes you SHOULD have to work for a good setup... its what makes it fun, if you could get a good setup in a few days, what would be the point?

Lastly, this xray bones i really want to give a nerf, but do you ever stop to think its entertaining to for me to say "im the best" and watch all the people who are just waiting and waiting to come on to flame someone do their best to chop me down? Its funny. I help bring some life to these forums, my posts are a nice change for everyone from the constant "look at this pictuer" "hey, I found this bug" boring junk. Everyone likes a good argument, and Who do you think has more fun, the wrestler who has to act like the good guy, or the one that gets to act the evil bastard part and get booed by everyone?

Magnazan
09-09-03, 19:40
I have one one thing to say:

[mods edit]
Are you frustrated or something?

Rizzy
09-09-03, 19:41
Every egotistical post vetterox makes, his little puppydog quantumdelta comes along to agree with him and brag about his own setup. Why not let the people add the new content in the game? This is a pretty nice boost to non monk classes so i don't see why you are whining. People cry for boosts then whine when they come?

VetteroX
09-09-03, 19:51
because the boost is too big.... I like to challenge myself. Id like it if the bones maybe gave + 5 each, but 50 or 60 total is too much. Its too fucking easy. Its just like the blacksun... yes I could use it and its better then lib... but winning with it felt meaninless.

QD agrees with me i think because hes someone who works for what he has and has pride in it... it will suck to see people who havnt earned it rise to have good resists.

Id like a boost, but a more even boost, like a nice PA, not something that mmakes me unbeatable but nice little boost, + 5 pc, + 5 ath, or + 10 psi use kinda things... stuff that wont unbalance but give a noticeable benafit.

THe psi glove is an example, I wish they would make it for pes, maybe a weaker version. 35 psi req, + 30 psi use. Ok, id have a bigger mana pool and could put up my buffs a little faster... nice but not overpowering... get where im comming from?

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 19:53
Oh shut up Rizzy. If this makes you feel better, I drew this a while ago.

Aside from that, These bones will help all, whether their resist setup is 'uber' by giveing more atl/htl, or 'capping' energy/fire without the use of heat/haz 1 and willl help the resist 'n00bs' get along a bit better in PvP.
I need all the points in con that I can get my hands on, I don't use a MOVEON because I need my dist 3 (may change depending on PEPA stats) to use my judge without a complete nerf to my runspeed.
I have spent fucking months on my setup, but I don't oppose thes new imps to any extent really.

What do I know...

//edit , bah its creul

KimmyG
09-09-03, 19:55
What the fuck is so hard about getting a good setup lemme see 20-30mins on EMS should be all you need.

Vet can u use hightech? or stealth?

Rizzy
09-09-03, 19:59
QD agrees with me i think because hes someone who works for what he has and has pride in it... it will suck to see people who havnt earned it rise to have good resists.

Define how someone earns the rights to have good resists. Just because you feel it will make you 'GODLIKE1!!!!' does that mean they should nerf them to deprive the underpowered non monks of anything that may bring them upto a better level. Remember you are not the only player in this game.

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 20:05
because the boost is too big.... I like to challenge myself. Id like it if the bones maybe gave + 5 each, but 50 or 60 total is too much. Its too fucking easy. Its just like the blacksun... yes I could use it and its better then lib... but winning with it felt meaninless.

50 xray is silly yes (if that is the true full bonus), but no-one will use the full set, as QD and others have said only 2 of them will be used, which will most like ly be around 10 at best. The chest will probably give the highest bonus and the feet the lowest, if you are only useing the head and arm bones, then you will get very little. A nice boost as you said, not a invulnerableising uber buff.

Originally posted by KimmyG
What the fuck is so hard about getting a good setup lemme see 20-30mins on EMS should be all you need.

Vet can u use hightech? or stealth?

erm, it don't work like that, EMS is a guide, and it won't solve your problems, definately not in 20-30 mins.
It takes along time to tweak.

VetteroX
09-09-03, 20:05
What? I am a PE... dont you know that? is this old news? HELLO ATTENTION ALL I AM A PE. THIS IS MY MAIN CHAR, THE ONE I CARE THE MOST ABOUT, A PE. Having said that.... remebering now, im a PE... i dont think we need that huge of a boost... tone it down a little.

Kimmy, if its easy to get good resits... do it

I dont use TC, i use lib. I dont stealth, I dont like it. I fight my enemy, if I see a group i know i cant beat, i run and pop antishocks.

Magnazan
09-09-03, 20:06
After many many hours on the test server perfectiing every last thing about his PE someone managed to capture a picture of Vet....

http://www.waaazup.com//p/uploads/leet1.jpe

KimmyG
09-09-03, 20:07
to get good resits... do it

I dont use TC, i use lib. I dont stealth, I dont like it. I fight my enemy, if I see a group i know i cant beat, i run and pop antishocks.

I do.

Yes you dont use TC so u have a nice arry of options like better armour and more HP your resists are not some unattainable without hours of work.

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 20:15

Try, useing TC and have the same resists, it's a lot harder. Then go back to non TC and see how things are.
QD uses TC as do fangy, me and many otthers with 'uber' setups

Dream
09-09-03, 20:16
Originally posted by Magnazan
After many many hours on the test server perfectiing every last thing about his PE someone managed to capture a picture of Vet....

:lol: win

KimmyG
09-09-03, 20:17
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Try, useing TC and have the same resists, it's a lot harder. Then go back to non TC and see how things are.
QD uses TC as do fangy, me and many otthers with 'uber' setups

Not possible with lib he can deal I would say a move on and have a shit load more HP. Also could have another STR imp allowing for next lvl or armour.

Helen Angilley
09-09-03, 20:20
I know QD's set-up.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 20:21
Indeed

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 20:32
I have felt, repeatedly like changing my imps and going back to the way I was before, actually...
I don't even gain that much from the extra defence, but it's how I play, defencively, it's what allows me to do better when I'm the under dog...and a billion other things -_-

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................
.....oh dear....what's this.... you guys gave me an idea.... :p
It requires SA.... but hmm....
O_O *runs for calc*

Oh dear god..where's that skill manager?

VetteroX
09-09-03, 20:41
Funny pic. I think its nice that people who suck have something to fall back on, making pics like that and making them avalible for others with no skill too. Nice theres somthing to make them feel better after failture.

icarium
09-09-03, 20:44
I have one one thing to say:

[image removed]

glad someone said it

you still playing UT mag ;)

BlackDove
09-09-03, 20:45
Man Todds was right when he said that it's better to have Volition Watch cover the main aspect of forum-ing instead of having the VBB still online. This is in referance to the "worrying about some fool posting pr0n links" line of his. Thought he was wrong at the time, because I didn't think there were any fools like that. Obviously I was mistaken.

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 20:46
Originally posted by BlackDove
Man Todds was right when he said that it's better to have Volition Watch cover the main aspect of forum-ing instead of having the VBB still online. This is in referance to the "worrying about some fool posting pr0n links" line of his. Thought he was wrong at the time, because I didn't think there were any fools like that. Obviously I was mistaken.

this game has non-company mods, though, which means they don't actually have to do *ALL* the work themselves.

edit;
And people say I spam? :rolleyes:

I sense some warnings and bannings being thrown about from this thread -_-

icarium
09-09-03, 20:47

rofl that ones better

BlackDove
09-09-03, 20:50
this game has non-company mods, though, which means they don't actually have to do *ALL* the work themselves.

edit;
And people say I spam? :rolleyes:

I sense some warnings and bannings being thrown about from this thread -_-

That's true, but they're still bound by a legal agreement. When the job summary comes in, it'll be real fun to write "banned for drawing *the above which I have too much dignity to explain* for this much and this many days*.

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 20:52
That is very true I suppose, however, giving the thing to the player base makes it more managable.

Rizzy
09-09-03, 21:13
To be honest, i would find it very pathetic if vet complained about magnazans postings as he is quite obviously bringing attention to himself by creating threads like this. However, i think vet can take the odd joke and comment. I still think the bones are fine :p

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 21:23
Directed at vet or not, shit like that shouldn't be on the forums.. :P
I take jokes directed at me fine, but that was just............. tasteless.

Rizzy
09-09-03, 21:27
Im talking about the one with the guy and the calculator, not the cock one

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 22:17
That's no biggie o_O

Roc-a-fella
09-09-03, 22:18
jesus just give us all godmode already

XaNToR
09-09-03, 22:19
rofl, when u see the resists, its nothing special for u etc.... but first u have to create those resists setup, do it on ur own onceo_O

QuantumDelta
09-09-03, 22:27
Says the guy with the best resists I know outside a PPU eh XaNToR?

Sokaris
09-09-03, 22:42
no time to read the whole thread since i am on a location photoshoot.. however i will say that I spent quite a bit working on resists for my pe which are not complete yet.. however once i get all the pieces i need i will be extremely happy with them.. and yes i worked hard for them as well. I won't really need the bones however it will allow me to stick points into other things for my pe.

We'll have to see where it goes.. x-ray was always that one resist that was tough to figure out...

VetteroX
09-09-03, 23:06
The guy with the calculator did make me laugh. I said funny pic. I totaly know i bring it on myself, like i said, its fun being the bad guy.

But its also true, some people are good at games and people who arent counter it by making thoes pics. We are creative in different ways.

also, it was my understanding from people that the bones were the same as experimental but ALSO added lotsa xray... thats too much. even if they have no bunus besides xray, 60 totasl is a damn lot.

Heres how i figure it.... 50 base xray. + 60 from boes. 110 xray. To get to 110 before, it would take 125 points, with filter heart 2. Now, you have free 125 points. Well, some can go into ath to make up for exp leg, some can go into end to make up for loss of bq chest, and you will still have a ton left over.... so u lose some force, so what? u get tons from st as a pe or armor as a tank.

Xray bones is ok idea... just not as giving 50 - 60 total xray, its too much.

Dribble Joy
09-09-03, 23:22
Originally posted by Sokaris
We'll have to see where it goes.. x-ray was always that one resist that was tough to figure out...

Not really, just put in a PP and a filter two, then put points in it till you get 103ish, and put on shelter boots.

banalcing fire and energy resists/armour is probably a lot tougher

Liquid_Ice
09-09-03, 23:33
As from a spies point of view I can't see using the xray bones as something I would do if I wear my Xray suit /new PA considering the force loss.. So I guess this iwll just be a boost for the other classes... Then again they could be of use for a spy with low dex for WB hunting but then again we dont get to close to worry about that now do we :)

I wouldn't be supprised to see a PE nerf in the future with the new bones/titan armor and rare pistols gona be all available to PEs (well Callash suggests)

jernau
09-09-03, 23:34
Has it occured to you guys that DoY may bring a bunch of pure X-Ray damage MOBs and NPCs? Or that these new breeds of nasties may be part of the normal levelling path for DoY clanned runners.

So far we have levelling zones based on Fire, Poison, Energy, Force/Pierce and most combinations of the above.

We only see XRay from MOBs that suck for levelling and even then it's in combination with ENR.

If DoY mobs concentrate as much on XRay as TG ones do on Fire then these bones will be a must-have for those areas.

Remember :
1) Not everything is about PvP - PvM needs it's balance too
2) Not everything is about capped setups - you have to level to cap

Scikar
09-09-03, 23:54
I don't get it. Vet says he wants a challenge. If these bones make it then the people he fights will have closer resists to his own. Therefore the fight will not be as easy. So therefore Vet has no argument against the bones.

VetteroX
10-09-03, 00:16
no.... i like a challnge vs people who are smart and make a good setup... kramer works, QD works, etc... getting a free 50 xray and having a good resits setup is meaningless.

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 00:17
Vet do you plan to use the kami chips when they come out?

Mr Friendly
10-09-03, 00:18

currently there is only a special bone for the chest & arm, the bat queen bones.

but think about it, a person who chooses to wear the bones with xray resist is going to lose all of the attributes from the reg ones, or most of it, creating a same but diffrent weakness

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 00:20
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Vet do you plan to use the kami chips when they come out? I doubt people like Vet and Kramer, and myself will be using Kami chips on PEs.
However, Kami chips may well benefit lesser PEs on the other extreme.

Barak
10-09-03, 00:31
Kami chips may well benefit lesser PEs on the other extreme.

like me.. :(

Doc Holliday
10-09-03, 00:32
Jernauh > all the other egos. that is so true mate they all just jumped on the pvp band wagon. fuck me u lot can gobble it all up cant u. hehhehe

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 00:33
I hope their are different types of kami chips per class.

For example you can choose which "weakness" to have. That would be cool.

Dribble Joy
10-09-03, 00:43
There will be several diiferent types of kami chip, tank, PE/spy and monk.
I think.

VetteroX
10-09-03, 00:45
what do kami chips do? i saw mention of them but no desciption... only "added kami chips, gm spawn"

Shadow Dancer
10-09-03, 00:47
what do kami chips do? i saw mention of them but no desciption... only "added kami chips, gm spawn"

"enormous boost to offense, enormous malus to defense"

Something like that. Basically you get a hard resist penalty somewhere for a huge offense bonus.

I heard the PSI one took away lots of energy resist, LOL!

FBI
10-09-03, 01:09
Parad0x.. you dueled me one time tank vs tank... you lost. I asked for duels over and over... you declined.

Your as cocky as I am, you just do it in more suttle and annoying ways, usually hinting at it in every post and adding a smily or whatever to show "just kidding, dont flame me" when u arent kidding. When we first fought, you would run and exit neofrag when I was winning... remeber? Your so big on yourself you cant watch your character fall down. I say it strait out, but you will keep hinting at how great you are. My tank used 0 drugs, you use... 5 accoding to you? I dont really want to be enemies with you parad0x, I dont mind someone who doesnt brag tell me to shut up, but you do it as much as I do... blah blah

Arghh ok here we go now.

I'm talking about your PE libby and my tank several months back
in neofrag when I actually was into PvP and even had a ad in my
terminal profile for a 500k reward to anyone who could beat me.

That's the kind of ego i had but I could back it up, I never came
here to the forums and said Wooheee, i pwn'ed 10 people today
with my fists!!111 It took me months of testing my fists against
a wall to perfect the "kung pow" fists of fury. Nope, not me. I
left an ad and allowed people to come to me, I got lazy to find
talent.

But, since then I'm a bit rusty, i've living off my money and rares
until they're gone in which case then I may retire, but i'll help
players with my PPU on saturn meanwhile.

As for tank vs tank, that was after i reactivated my account after
a 5 month hibernation, i'm surprised i was able to kill Evil-Eye
after that long, but it's in my accuracy the skill, not the resists.

FBI

ServeX
10-09-03, 01:12
sure, yet when you had all the mc5 chips, that was fine..moron

Clownst0pper
10-09-03, 01:17
lol which makes me think you dont pvp at all because no one talks about you

I sadly dont have time to read the rest of the thread, im late for work. -Yes he sounds like hes on an ego trip.

But just because someone isnt renowed doesnt mean they dont PVP.

Most people are renowed for being the biggest clan, having the biggest mouth, or generally Pking, or a mixture of them all in vast quantitys.

:o Ego's are sad :o

ServeX
10-09-03, 01:19

Your as cocky as I am, you just do it in more suttle and annoying ways, usually hinting at it in every post and adding a smily or whatever to show "just kidding, dont flame me" when u arent kidding. When we first fought, you would run and exit neofrag when I was winning... remeber? Your so big on yourself you cant watch your character fall down. I say it strait out, but you will keep hinting at how great you are. My tank used 0 drugs, you use... 5 accoding to you? I dont really want to be enemies with you parad0x, I dont mind someone who doesnt brag tell me to shut up, but you do it as much as I do.

No, zoneseek doesnt brag about it here because hes been banned multiple times... I doubt he wants to start a flame war and get banned again.

Xray bones makes the game too easy.... simple as that. You can get tons of force from st. if they truely give + 60 (jesus) as a whole set like someone siad, then i can easily make up the + 15 ath i lose from experimental leg and improve my other resits.

Yes you SHOULD have to work for a good setup... its what makes it fun, if you could get a good setup in a few days, what would be the point?

Lastly, this xray bones i really want to give a nerf, but do you ever stop to think its entertaining to for me to say "im the best" and watch all the people who are just waiting and waiting to come on to flame someone do their best to chop me down? Its funny. I help bring some life to these forums, my posts are a nice change for everyone from the constant "look at this pictuer" "hey, I found this bug" boring junk. Everyone likes a good argument, and Who do you think has more fun, the wrestler who has to act like the good guy, or the one that gets to act the evil bastard part and get booed by everyone?

thats funny, i dont remember parad0x running once in any duel, i find that hard to believe.

secondly, you may not use drugs on your tank, but you used them on your PE. So even if he did use drugs, you're no better off than he is.

lastly, why should people work for a resist setup? the more points you have in a skill, the more you resist would sound most accurate to me, for instance, you have 80 points in xray and you asborb a certain percentage, but it should be where if you have 114 points you take the same or more damage than if you have anything below that. Thats just my 2 cents, but I fail to see why people should sit in nf all day testing resists like you do just to get a good resist setup.

additionally, if i recall correctly, you made a thread recently asking why people want to keep postcounts or why they have thousands of posts, and how they must have nothing better to do with their time. its funny that you put it that way, instead of posting on the forums, you think we should be ingame, testing resists, so we can be as good as you, but until then, you want to keep the advantage, and be selfish as you so put it....

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 01:21
This is why I like EVE's bounty system.

See how cocky the smack-talking bastard is when over fifty million is on his head and his mugshot, and ID number, are flagged up on every notice board, billboard and floating TV thingy.

>: )

VetteroX
10-09-03, 01:23
what? um server... that post made no sense... mc5 chips are nothing like the xray bones. Let me tell you exaclty what SA does for my PE: it replacs the ballitic weaponchip, so i gain 3 st. I can wear a durant/inquis 3 vest, and heavy inquis boots instead of medium... oh wow, what power! my god!

On my tank? 35 more hp and + 5 hc.. again, whoa... i dunno, pretty insane stuff.

Xray bones giving + 50 or 60 to xray throws everything else... Would you go back under your rock now, or do you wanna make another clan, make is so big it collapses in on itelsf for a 3rd time, but before it does, beg me to join on your knees like you did the other times? (btw... please have a little honesty and admit you asked me 3 times a day every damn day?)

I find it so hilarious that this whole thing is over the fact that I got titan armor from another person when you couldnt deliver... grow up baby.

VetteroX
10-09-03, 01:32
well pard0x, my point is you had a giant ego too, and you would be in nf all day, so plz dont say only I do it. evertime i came you were there. You didnt want people having your resits ethier, you used to post pics, and black out your hp so nobody could have a clue you your con setup. In my personal view, saying "your not woth my time untel you give me 500K" Is worse then bragging on forums... ill give any high level player a chance, any time. And I agree, you had been out for months, but it was your words "ill come teach you a lesson" or whatever... again again, your words, if your gonna say it, back it up.

I dont want this argument again, I simply think its an issue of the pot calling the kettle black. We both have beaten a lot of people and have an ego because of it, lets leave it there.

Dribble Joy
10-09-03, 01:34
what? um server... that post made no sense... mc5 chips are nothing like the xray bones. Let me tell you exaclty what SA does for my PE: it replacs the ballitic weaponchip, so i gain 3 st. I can wear a durant/inquis 3 vest, and heavy inquis boots instead of medium... oh wow, what power! my god!

Yeah, If your a pure non-TC nut like you, Otherwise for RoG/Judge/Blacksun(?) users it's a fucking god send.

SypH
10-09-03, 01:37
Isnt there anything that people wont piss and moan about in this game?

Waaaaah! He shot meh with a CS and it hurt!!!NERF!!!!!

ONOS!!!That tank didnt die in one shot!!!! NERF NERF NERF!!!!!

OMFGONOZLOL!!!!! I cant killed teh PPU! OMGNERF!!!!!!

Thats all I read on this bloody forum. Nerf this, nerf that, nerf everything. Tell you what. Why dont we remove all weapons, all armour, make everyone the same and they can only fist fight. How about that?

Saying that, god knows some of you people will still find something to piss and moan about.

Sleawer
10-09-03, 01:42

This is why I like EVE's bounty system.

See how cocky the smack-talking bastard is when over fifty million is on his head and his mugshot, and ID number, are flagged up on every notice board, billboard and floating TV thingy.

I like.

petek480
10-09-03, 01:42
Why don't you want people to get more resists vet? You know i've heard stuff about you like how you're the best PE and shit. Well if thats true then you should really know that having the best resits combination in this game isn't really gonna make you a uber pvper. It's skills, so why care if people will get more resists. It won't give anyone better skills. If anything it'll just give them a small boost in pvp nothing big. Who knows, maybe these bones will allow you to refine your resists even more.

Helen Angilley
10-09-03, 01:43
Originally posted by Sleawer
I like.

See? I pimp out EVE whenever I can but at least some bits of her are appreciated. :p

FBI
10-09-03, 03:34
well pard0x, my point is you had a giant ego too, and you would be in nf all day, so plz dont say only I do it. evertime i came you were there.

You didnt want people having your resits ethier, you used to post pics, and black out your hp so nobody could have a clue you your con setup.

In my personal view, saying "your not woth my time untel you give me 500K" Is worse then bragging on forums... ill give any high level player a chance, any time.

I do and still have a huge ego, but i keep it ingame, that's my
point i'm getting at ;)

As for serve, I don't think you nor I could ever be half the leader
he was for TR. Being a leader of a huge clan takes alot of dedication
which is why i have much respect for Serve and Centuri so don't
act like it's a walk in the park, clan politics alone would drive
me physco.

I stopped blocking out HP etc on pictures months ago, I think I
was one of the first who started to do it though :)

Umm... anyway, about these xray bones, I don't think i'm going to
bother using them, already have 115 xray with filter2, lom'ing
is something i can't do at 100con, no way. Not worth it anyhow.

So my theory is your mad that others will get the chance to spec
their setups better than yours with the bones, where as you have
to go back on the test server and recalculate resists with the bones

:angel:

l8rs,
FBI

flyjedi
10-09-03, 03:43
i think i would go withhaving 20 or 30 xray bones. not too much, not to little

BombShell
10-09-03, 04:53
Originally posted by FBI
Your really starting to annoy me vettero, your ego is worse than
anyone in neocron, It makes me look like an angel. I should go
school you some just to shut you the hell up. :o

their setup doesn't mean yours is better..your not original. Your
the type that spends days on the test server recording resist
results just to come to the forum and brag, lol which makes me
think you don't pvp at all because no one talks about you.

I'm the type of player that adjusts my resists through experience,
through beta to now I adjust my resists to what works efficently
toward my pvp, I don't waste time doing calculations to cheat
myself out of an authentic setup, one Earned through experience.
I never had a great resist setup, I rely more on stamina, speed,
mouse sensitivity and accuracy. Sure I could have some uber
resists and spend hours of testing with numbers but then again
I have a setup that took me more than a year to acquire and any
slight changes to anything slightly would make my pvp suffer.

sleepy time

FBI

Makes u look like a angel u forgot about me :)

BombShell
10-09-03, 05:01
sorry been siad :)

StryfeX
10-09-03, 05:25
Ugh. Vet, shyaddup already. Your ego is worse than Insidious Wolf's was back in beta 4/early retail. And what about the Spies? I personally think these bones were really designed with them in mind.

So quit talking about how that will screw up your setup because most of us on the forum just don't give a flying fuck about how 'ub3r' you think your setup is and what the bones are going to do to it. A lot of people who play the game simply don't have the time to spend hours on the test server getting data on how much each resist point does for reducing damage.

They will be a good addition to the game. Maybe it won't be so cookie-cutter anymore.

--Stryfe

VetteroX
10-09-03, 05:58
Its just too easy with the xray bones.. cant you guys admit anything? so many of you just want the easy route.. "i know hybreds unfair but im not going to say it beucause i like being god" "i know blacksuns too strong, but i use it so tough shit"

I said lower the xray given... like 25 or 30 total, i stand by 50 - 60 being too much.

Mankind
10-09-03, 06:12
If you simply don't like others having x-ray bones, don't mod your weapons with uranium ammo. Or get 5 slotted weapons with 2 or 3 types of ammo mods. That way with current game changes, you can change ammo mods. Things always change from one thing back to another. So we live with it for now, and accept it and someday someone will cry and it will be gone.

Drexel
10-09-03, 06:13
Im not happy with he bones because the majority of my weapons are modded with Uranium & this now means ill need an even greater range of rares i cant afford & cant find.

Maybe as their freeing up some xray con they may consider giving us poison ammo mod. (Vetto will tell me to STFU coz he has no poison resist, sorry mate :rolleyes: )

Still it will be a great help PvM, other than DoY scouts etc... what mobs do xray damage atm ?

VetteroX
10-09-03, 06:22
Ill say this cause its no secret... Im a phosphor/xheat user... heave been since ig ot my first liberator and modded if with phos. Thi isnt the issue, the issue is for the 85th time, this makes the game too easy. lower the xray given, thank you, good night.

Mankind
10-09-03, 06:25
Or simply, they should allow us to take things out of slots. Like people who wasted things on epic items or rares. Or, people who don't have the cash to pay for a new rare with a different ammo mod that can go along with new changes in the game.

Perfect examples:

My friend who quit was pretty dumb for ultimating a speed gun. I wish I could take that out. I would use it for a cursed soul or something.

When I got my tangent epic rifle I was dumb and put a barrel in it and an ammo mod. Now I wish I put a laser pointer in it since it didn't need a barrel.

I put a silencer on a Pain Easer once because someone told me silencers give more accuracy. Pff, what a lie. I wish I could've taken that out.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 06:30
If you simply don't like others having x-ray bones, don't mod your weapons with uranium ammo. Or get 5 slotted weapons with 2 or 3 types of ammo mods. That way with current game changes, you can change ammo mods. Things always change from one thing back to another. So we live with it for now, and accept it and someday someone will cry and it will be gone.
That's somewhat short sighted.

These people who now have more XRR, can afford to spend points on FIR, or POR, or ENR, or HLT, or ATL.

Vet and I will still be one step up, but, still, I can understand his point of view on how easy it's becoming to cap resists.

edit;
Hense, why I'm over 60% certain they will include new damage types in DoY.

Mankind
10-09-03, 06:40
So what if people cap resists. So now people are jealous that others will have a better chance in PvP at lower levels, and at higher levels will have just as good a chance as "you and Vet"? I'd prefer to see longer fights. But people keep wanting things nerfed so this game will end up being counter-suck. Hopefully the GMs won't listen to the idiotic suggestions and constant nerf hopes.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 06:43
How about - When you've worked hard for some cash, and have earned it, you take pride in taking it, and using it.

Then you see someone spoon fed the cash because they can't do shit for themselves.

Pisses you off, ya know?
However, I haven't actually said, don't implement the bones.
So, I suggest you watch your tone.

Mankind
10-09-03, 06:51
Watch my tone? Or what?

I love how you think you can scare me off acting like my "father figure"

EDIT: I'd also like to add that what you've "worked for" in this game ain't going to matter in 10-20 years in the next part of your life. So don't think this fantasy game is hard work. Reword it maybe to "dedication" because that's all that rpgs where you build a character are all about.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 06:54
uhh..."who's your daddy?"

Heh.
Regardless, I wont put up with people trying it on when they have no case.

Mankind
10-09-03, 06:57
You guys feel threatened that more people will be able to beat you. And you should because something you've spent a year to acheive, someone else can acheive in 1 week. But with your "hard work" and dedication I'm sure you can reclaim your wonderful resists and defeat all odds. The world depends on you guys :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 06:59
Heh, that comment shows you don't play uranus... ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Mankind
10-09-03, 07:09
I don't ever want to touch uranus...

Too many bugs.

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 07:11
That's funny in so many ways.... :p

Mankind
10-09-03, 07:12
hmm I didnt mean it that way...I meant database errors.

But I still don't want to touch URanus either...

QuantumDelta
10-09-03, 07:13
LOL I know you didn't, but it's still funny

KimmyG
10-09-03, 07:13
What the hell would you kims want your skills and greatness to be based on your movement and aiming skills.

Or the fact you spent a few days working on you stats?

Forseti
10-09-03, 07:17
This is kinda getting a little bit off topic.

Closed