PDA

View Full Version : Anuvver Amazin Idea

Lexxuk
09-09-03, 02:17
Right, when you click "x" on your char select, and it says "are you sure?" if you click "Yes" it pop's up asking for your email address, which it then checks, wrong email address = no delete, if you put in the right email addy, it says "Deleting char in 10 seconds, press Cancel if you want to cancel deletion of char" then a countdown with a "Cancel button" on 10, the char is deleted, but it gives the player/player's brother/cat/dog/elephant, time to think "shit, i dont wanna delete meh char"

I rock (I ragnarok, where I pinched teh idea from :D)

MrBane
09-09-03, 02:20
Good idea, or alternatively, they just put the 'Delete' option MILES away from anywhere useful on the screen, and follow through with forty prompts to really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, make sure you want to delete it.

I nearly did it once. Sat there with the 'Confirm Delete' box, my heart thumping, having hit it by accident when logging on at speed. Took me a whole minute to gingerly move the mouse to 'No'.. Check it four times to make sure it was over 'No', then gently press in the mouse button.

I needed the toilet after that.
Alternatively, have a 24 hr confirmation period.

You'd be sent an email telling you your character will be wiped in 24hrs, but if you log into him before then, he'll be kept.

Ryuben
09-09-03, 05:28
na its jsut stuuupid what about re-rollers i know a few people who re-rolled there char then re-rolled again (tank -> droner spy -> APU lol) would buggar them up no end

Shujin
09-09-03, 07:21
Originally posted by Ryuben
na its jsut stuuupid what about re-rollers i know a few people who re-rolled there char then re-rolled again (tank -> droner spy -> APU lol) would buggar them up no end

um no it wouldnt i reroll every char i cap.... and all he is sayin all u gotta do is enter email addy in for confirmation ;0 durr *tries to type email ;0 dur.... 2?... ;0 oh noz i cant reroll cuz i dont know ;0 durr

athon
09-09-03, 10:03
I like the email address idea, or perhaps a second password. The only problem is the ability to log into 'Accounts' on neocron.com and get the details.

Athon Solo

bounty
09-09-03, 10:32
i really didn't think twice when i've rerolled 4 times. I get so excited about trying out a new character with a new setup that i do it usually really fast and am playing the new character before anything can be regreted.

FirestarXL
09-09-03, 12:33
No real need for another password, just get them to input their current game password, an ideal defence against accidental deletion by family/pets/aliens/kitchenappliances.

And one that doesn't require the removal of the Save Password option. :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 12:36
As the reroller I am I wouldn't be too happy about having to wait for it...
My pistol spy (ex. PPU monk) and Rifle spy (ex. melee tank) and Droner (ex. rifleman. ex droner again) and my PPU monk (ex. apu monk) wouldn't be too damn happy either
**/50>? Reroll.