PDA

View Full Version : Faction politics are all messed up.

RayBob
08-09-03, 21:03
Right now we have 12 factions with muddled politics and alliances. Neutral and sometimes even allied clans are fighting each other.

I think there should be 3 sides to the conflict. Those that support the city, anti-city, and the criminal sector (that could care less about the city war and just wants to make money).

There are many possibilities on how this could be implemented but let's not get lost in the details. What do you think about the general concept?

It also seems to me that there are too few OPs to divide amongst 12 factions. But with 3 sides to the conflict, it is very likely that your side will have several OPs. This would also alleviate some of the problems with locked GRs.

I also the 3 sides of the conflict should be notified when one of their oPs is being attacked. It could make OP wars much more exciting knowing that 1/3 of the server will be aware and might be responding.

Ray

enablerbr
08-09-03, 21:08
lol if 1/3 of the server turned up for an OP battle. it would lag to f***.

Heraclitus
08-09-03, 22:10
Well you're right that factions are a bit muddled, but three is way to many. Right now the system SORT OF supports shades of grey but my only complaint is that neutral essentially means ally. I like the more complex intermingling of power and prejudice with a larger number of factions.

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 22:32
I totally agree bob.

Helen Angilley
08-09-03, 22:35
Blame F6 Roleplay.

d3ik
08-09-03, 22:42
"Realistically" there are all kinds of alliances and back-alley deals that go down and inter-twine political powers... but I don't want to have to keep track of that stuff in a game. I say three sides to the subject. I'll go with the side who doesn't give a fuck :)

msdong
08-09-03, 23:06
on wich server are more them 3 factions active ???
there are more them 12 outposts ingame! so there is one outpost for every faction.
there are just not enough players to fill all the factions.

RayBob
09-09-03, 06:24
Originally posted by msdong
there are just not enough players to fill all the factions.

I agree. But there is also no real sense of a grand battle between us and them, good and evil, pro-city and anti-city. There are just lots of little animosities between individual clans that don't even follow the RPing storyline. Having a more clearly defined enemy also pulls those players on the same side together encouraging cooperation to defeat their mutual enemy.

Ray

leethasbro
09-09-03, 06:27
Having only Anti city, Pro city and Neutral sounds a bit too much like AO for my taste. I do agree though that it's sort of ridiculous that allied factions sometimes attack each other.

Pill
09-09-03, 07:24
or perhaps we have too many servers?