PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me how to kill a PPU with a SPY

Phiberdelic
08-09-03, 20:09
OK I keep seeing these threads about PPU's being god-like with most people complaining about them, but to the other side I see the responses like "PPU's aren't gods and they can be killed". Can someone tell me then "HOW?". I mean really how can a SPY kill a PPU??? I've seen a SPY take out PE's, APU's, and TANKS, but not PPU's. I've tried using the TL 3 Heal 'em 'n fire method and it doesn't work. So please let me know how to kill them.

Lethys
08-09-03, 20:12
Well an explosive-modded Silent Hunter can kill an unbuffed monk in 2 shots, as many people on Pluto are finding out :D

I guess you should just hope that you get them while their buffs are down. Or that they are AFK :p

However, as they are giving up their offence, it shouldn't really be possible for a good PPU to be killed by one spy. It also shouldn't be possible for the PPU to kill the spy, but that's another story :)

REMUS
08-09-03, 20:17
explosive pain easer or silent hunt from exteme range, stealth when ppu gets close, then re position, the only way it will end is:

1) if you run out of ammo
2) he runs out of psi boosters (which i doubt he/she will :p )
3) u catch him unbuffed
4) he crashs
5) one of u 2 dies lolz

Pitspawn
08-09-03, 20:18
You arent supposed to solo capped PPUs.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-09-03, 20:22
lots and lots of kami drones :D

Shadow Dancer
08-09-03, 20:24
You can't solo a good ppu. Although if an apu casts antibuff a spy can really surprise a ppu who thinks he just has to deal with the apu.

Silent Hunter HURTS!

Cass
08-09-03, 20:30
About 6-8 Kamikaze drones will work if the PPU is AFK.:rolleyes:

enablerbr
08-09-03, 20:38
to kill a PPU with a SPY. simply come to the forum and shout NERF TEH PPU. works everytime.:D

Syntax-Error
08-09-03, 21:37
Use this command

/set bullets_ignore_godmode 1

msdong
08-09-03, 21:46
once again only a high level problem. mid level PPU get killed easy. well a spy with a PE or SH with explosive mod Rocks PPU even more if he use the crappy PPU power armor.

Rizzy
08-09-03, 21:46
Its impossible to kill ANYONE with full hp with 2 shots of a silent hunter. Same as it is impossible to kill anyone with full hp with a holy lightning. However, the silent hunter does indeed rock for monks :p

Divide
08-09-03, 22:19
how to kill a monk with a spy:
Cast deflector sanctum, harass the ppu, wait til his deflector wears off, hit him with your shit heal, then own

SovKhan
08-09-03, 22:41
thats only if after u start to harras the ppu he doesnt keep holy heal on him constantly. and start casting his deflector early to make up for the a possible gap. since defector sanctum only gives defelecters at predecided it doesnt effect you really...

Richard Slade
08-09-03, 23:58
Here's the perfect way:
Find his friends, kill them and wait.
A good boi PPU WILL come to their help.
Then backstab the mothafucka with a libb up his arse and pull the trigger.
That works.....
Sometimes...

mdares
09-09-03, 00:01
prefered method: antibuff + FL = dead ppu

other solo method: wait till the ppu is rezzing; then SH/PE his/her ass.

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 00:08
Well what everyone is saying is simple actually:
Just backstab the Make-love-not-war-$2-hippie

Sleawer
09-09-03, 00:10
Any ppu around can tell me the self_kill command :confused:?

hnlecter
09-09-03, 00:16
Call in the army, navy, airforce, DOY, NCPD, and aliens.

I don't think spys should be able to kill ppus solo, but I sure as hell don't think ppus should be able to kill spys. The equation is very simple watson; true sight sanctum (should be a spy item but no monks have to be able to be all classes) and paraschock you to death.

Duder
09-09-03, 01:02
Stealth, and then say in local or Direct; "I PWNS J00!!111oneone"

Ste-X
09-09-03, 01:17
a monk who resses with no buffs on is a noob and deserves to die

as some one said its only a high lvl problem lower lvl ppus are useless

KimmyG
09-09-03, 01:25
Head to Head you dont.

Ransom
09-09-03, 02:16
Well first off give up on energy weapons. Monks armour by itself negates a lot of the potential damage. I use an explosive gatling rifle, takes advantage of a monk's low force resistance and against an uncapped monk I can outdamage their heals and their paralysis damage. Just prey they don't know how to use a soulcluster properly. Never been foolish enough to take on a capped monk.8|

J a y
09-09-03, 02:18
best way at a op fight is wait for their buffs to go off or someone to cast anti buff on them then 3 -4 shots from any moded sh will take em down. and it depends on what spells they use. ive taken down buffed ppus with paineaser and or silent hunter.

BlackDove
09-09-03, 02:43
Originally posted by Pitspawn

I'll second that.

Peeping Tom
09-09-03, 05:15
use 2 guns.. shoot until your clip is out.. while it reloads change gun repeat untill his buffs is out, and buff him with your buffs helps some to...
K4F

ReefSmoker
09-09-03, 06:01
One well placed kk-400 drone is enough to kill a fully buffed PPU monk. Detonating at just the right moment is paramount for it to work, but the truly beautiful part of this is that there is only one PPU PSI module that can defend against a well-aimed kk-400 drone.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Warlogis
09-09-03, 09:39
Capped Tangent Gatlin Rifle (I mean not only dam and aim, but freq to) works really cool. And dont forget to cast on PPU your own deflector and heal as someone said before ;) Or only deflector - you cant suppose that PPU will wait near 4 second till you cast both :cool:

Richard Slade
09-09-03, 10:18
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
One well placed kk-400 drone is enough to kill a fully buffed PPU monk. Detonating at just the right moment is paramount for it to work, but the truly beautiful part of this is that there is only one PPU PSI module that can defend against a well-aimed kk-400 drone.

Take care,

ReefSmoker

How the heck is that supposed to work? Crawl up his arse before detonation? Hmm, never seen it happen..

Archeus
09-09-03, 10:33
My guess is to set the drone up really high and bring it smack down on thier head.

Or you could drop the spy on the PPU from a great height. that might kill them.

kurai
09-09-03, 11:23
You wait for the PPU in question to log off for the night ...

Then you tell everyone that you killed him.

Ignore the laughter, and shouts of "bullshitter !" - they don't really mean it.

:D

zonk
09-09-03, 11:51
I do know the other way around, how to kill a spy as PPU (as in a good Spy)
Holy dmg boost him, holy paralyse him, let him think he cant be killed so he is gonna taunt u. Then cast SoulClusters, 3 shots of the SC and spy is dead :p

Lucjan
09-09-03, 13:01
Originally posted by Phiberdelic
OK I keep seeing these threads about PPU's being god-like with most people complaining about them, but to the other side I see the responses like "PPU's aren't gods and they can be killed". Can someone tell me then "HOW?". I mean really how can a SPY kill a PPU??? I've seen a SPY take out PE's, APU's, and TANKS, but not PPU's. I've tried using the TL 3 Heal 'em 'n fire method and it doesn't work. So please let me know how to kill them.

You can't kill a high level PPU with a spy. You just can't. And you shouldnt be able too. I really dont see a problem with that.

Where I do see a problem, is that the same PPU can kill your spy without much effort.
The second problem I see: why can't 3 spies kill that PPU? Currently they just can't - even with all of them using SHs, the holy heal can outheal the damage made.

Archeus
09-09-03, 13:32
Originally posted by Lucjan
Where I do see a problem, is that the same PPU can kill your spy without much effort.

Kill a capped spy without much effort?

Scikar
09-09-03, 13:43
Originally posted by Pitspawn

Nobody from KK ever said they wanted ppus to be unkillable 1v1.

I think you should be able to solo a ppu, but it's certainly not possible currently.

And yes ppu monks can easily kill a spy. SoulClusters shoot you even when you're stealthed, and if you're spammed with holy para you're not going anywhere. The only class a ppu cannot solo apart from another ppu is a good PE because they can outheal the damage. Other classes just have to hope they can reach a GR in time before the SC kills them. And with a holy para being spammed that's no mean feat.

Nasher
09-09-03, 16:00
One well placed kk-400 drone is enough to kill a fully buffed PPU monk. Detonating at just the right moment is paramount for it to work

Only managed this once, there seems to be a certain spot where it does uber damage if you detonate it there :)

ReefSmoker
09-09-03, 16:00
Originally posted by Richard Slade
How the heck is that supposed to work? Crawl up his arse before detonation? Hmm, never seen it happen..

Originally posted by Lucjan
You can't kill a high level PPU with a spy. You just can't. And you shouldnt be able too. I really dont see a problem with that

I can appreciate that some people don't want spies to be able to kill PPU monks, but it's time to let the cat out of the bag. I was sitting on this baby for months because when I first discovered it, I was able to kill people in one hit with kk-400 drones, and because of a bug, I didn't get SL or faction sympathy loss. So like a good boy I reported it, and reported it, and reported it, and eventually 4 months later they fixed the bug.

Basically the only trick to it is to lodge the drone in the target's head before detonation, I tend to find flying the drone at head height and with a horizontal flight path has the best chances for success. So far this has only failed in Neofrag where there's some sort of laggy glitch but in the wastelands it has never failed me.

Makes you wonder what on earth spies are gonna be able to do with the new kamikaze drone, wipe out half a clan ???

Take care,

ReefSmoker

Shadow Dancer
09-09-03, 16:36
How many ppus have you tested this against reef?

ReefSmoker
09-09-03, 16:50
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How many ppus have you tested this against reef?

I've got a better idea, instead of you questioning whether or not it can be done, why don't you actually get off your butt and try it out ? You've already had Nasher confirm it is possible, if you hit the opponent the right way, so why not try it out for yourself ??

Until they fixed the exploit it remained only as my party trick... Now it's fixed it has been used a lot more to my benefit - ask those gimps who raid tech haven daily because they can't stand a real fight.

'Hey want to see a one hit kill ?'
'Sure, bring it on puny spy !!'
*bang*
*resurrection from by-standing monk*
'WTF ??? OMG CHEATER !!!'

I won't answer your question directly, but it has been tested more than enough in the last 4 months to show that there is only one PPU module that can defend against a well-aimed kk-400 drone.

Go figure the rest out for yourself, instead of questioning what I'm telling you.

Carinth
09-09-03, 16:50
Duder wins the prize! Taunting the ppu on local while stealthed is probably the most effective weapon you can use. It's so incredibly fustrating that the ppu will explode : )

True Sigh Sanctum is only effective in confined areas like Pepper Park. Out in the wastes, it's effectiveness is reduced dramaticly. If you get caught by it then you messed up. Seriously, if you are on the ball there is no reason you should be caught by it. Para range isn't that long at all, you can easily stealth up and run away before I get anywhere near you for the sanctum to take effect. Even when I get a shock off, I run to the spot were they were look around and they're gone. From the moment you stealth, there are 360 degrees you could have gone in. To you it may seem like you're in danger when you're stealthed and a few feet away from me, but I have no idea which way you went. I can try runnin out in some random direction..

I have noticed a very random aspect to kami dmg. Often they do pretty consistant dmg, but then suddenly they do massive dmg or one hit kills. When a kami is spotted in the area, I run : )

kurai
09-09-03, 21:20
Originally posted by Archeus
Kill a capped spy without much effort? Yep.
Para, damage boost, soulcluster. Walk away and forget - job done.

It's not something that keeps me awake at nights tho - every other class can kill a spy in a few seconds if they get caught or make a mistake - adding PPU to that list isn't the end of the world.

It's just being able to do absolutely fuck all back in return back that gets irritating.

The only win/win solution so far is ... walk away ... it's just not worth wasting the ammo.

Archeus
09-09-03, 22:12
I think what you mean to say is a capped PSI (or close to) can whack a capped spy. Because I have problems with them.

The best I can do is piss them off so they will leave me alone (either by not dying or my soul cluster tells them to leave me alone). Of course the majority just stand there emptying clip after clip and TL3 spamming me in the hopes they can get a shot in.

But then I don't have HP I guess.

As for spies killing PPU's. I haven't seen Reefs trick, but I have seen the brother drop PPU + APU's in 1-2 KK drones. I have seen snipers effective against PPU's as well.

I guess it must be the pistol spies getting whipped?

Roc-a-fella
09-09-03, 22:14
/set kill_self 1

ReefSmoker
09-09-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Archeus
I guess it must be the pistol spies getting whipped?

I'm a RoLH user, still with enough drone skills to use the kk-400, the best part with that drone is that a shop-bought one is just as effective as a quality-capped construction equivalent, and therefore it leads to an issue with the drone itself not being entirely reliant upon the skills of the person wielding it. Pistol spies are actually very powerful, and are easily a good match for APUs, PEs and gentanks. Using pistols against a PPU monk is just foolish though, which is why the kk-400 is an essential part of our arsenal.

Take care,

ReefSmoker