PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a screwed up monk?

SynC_187
08-09-03, 19:13
After a few problems my monk is completely screwed up.

I was at MB trying to help CM fight of some TG, I had died recently and put my spells back in their slots.

A TG comes running in and I go to pull out my fire beam and let off a shot, but guess what I was bugged and this was my fire barrel. With lag by the time I could put it away I'd filled the whole area with flames.

A few seconds later I'm on -34 SL......

So on Sunday I go to MB to try and fix my SL. While I'm running from bunker to MB I get killed by a BD. Half my spells have dropped....

I genrep back to MB and try to go and get my belt, but some CM have decided to kill everyone red and I die again.

By the time I get myself sorted and get to where my belts should be, they of course are gone.

So what now with my monk. I've got no spells (apart from some shop boughts I used for BP's for a couple of them), my SL and FS are completely screwed, and I can't go to NC or MB.

I don't have enough money to get back the quality of spells I had before (or need for PvP).

Its very tempting to re-roll, even though its months of work that went into my monk. I don't get a lot of time to play anymore so I could spend the next month or more fixing him.

And all because of another long standing KK bug....

Progenitor
08-09-03, 20:01
What server?

If it is uranus, I can set you up with some non-rare spells, can't gurantee slots - faction loyalty and SL-wise, you are on your own.

I sure there are people on other servers which can give you some non-rare spells as well.

If you have Jericko or the OP in b06(can't remember the name right now), you can use the entrance in a07 to get into the city.

Just put everything into your gogo, walk out and die. Select one of those GRs as your destination - or even Outzone station.

You should be able to do missions from the OZ or PP.

-p

Helen Angilley
08-09-03, 20:04
It begs one question, though:

Why did you immediatly go back to somewhere you had died while _still_ having red SL?

SynC_187
08-09-03, 20:05
Saturn.

Thanx for the offer though :)

I've had bad Sl before but always on a char I was getting rid of, or just a bit so it gradually goes up again.

SynC_187
08-09-03, 20:07
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
It begs one question, though:

Why did you immediatly go back to somewhere you had died while _still_ having red SL?

Because the BD had gone the other way. Plus I was killed outside, I would be safe in MB for a few minutes. With have my equipment in 1 belt I had to get there quick.

lullysing
08-09-03, 20:11
When you are killed, with bad soulight, ALWAYS REP IN YOUR APPARTMENT. Then, naked, run back after a hiwle 9in case they forgot your belt are just can't hack it.

If you repped in a notorious gankspot afterwards, you were kinda asking for it. If you put so manby hours on that monk,you should know by now that the military base is a classic in insecurity.

REMUS
08-09-03, 20:13
should of just ran there without your gear, put the rest in gogo or somthing, you should of only been carrying one spell anyway, i have a cpl of plasma cannons that i keep incase i get bad sl so i can dump my armour and cs and just use that to do hard cyclopes missions at mb.

u paniced and screwed urself, i would reroll dude sounds like that char is wanked, shit happens u just gotta roll with the punchs and get on with life dude, dont let it get j00 down ;)

SynC_187
08-09-03, 20:37
Yeah I guess I did panic, but I knew MB itself was secure, I had friends there. I just didn't expect to be ganked by CM as we're allies.

Got a high level tank as well, but its just not as fun.