PDA

View Full Version : Help with slots

Kaden
08-09-03, 18:13
I've been constructing for like 8 months now, and always seem to have REALLY bad luck with getting slots. Even with a really low TL weapon, I rarely get slots.

I konw that slots are random, but I was wondering if there was any way (not including slot enhancers) of increasing the chances of getting slots in a weapon.

redjacket
08-09-03, 18:35
rub chicken feathers on a bald man named Sally then do the dreaded Tooki-Tooki dance on a dead gerbile... all while praying to the great Cow Deity!

----

seriously-
the only thing that helps is capping their quality... the higher the quality, the better chance of slots, sluts, and penis rings...

Disturbed021
08-09-03, 18:36
Nope. Just pray to the Slot Gods and hope for the best.

Opiate
08-09-03, 18:45
I've noticed a severe increase in slot chances once I got passed the "double-TL-barrier" ;)

Jerto
08-09-03, 18:48
I noticed that if you have a strong construction subskill (around 200), and if you have a lot in INT, you get slots more often.
I do not know if it is completely due to random or not, it's just sthg I noticed.

Jaggeh
08-09-03, 19:54
slots are completly random but based on a sliding scale
when you can cap an item (2.5 times TL) your max chance at slots is 4 slots. when you reach 3 times TL your max becomes 5.

but for some reason this only comes into effect after you have 100+ points in cst, as i was trying with low level items at skill 90 and couldnt 5 slot them, but once i put the points into cst and broght it up to 101 first build was a street model rifle and i capped it with 5 slots.

(i tested this for 2 weeks, i lommed out all CST before the restrictions to loms were in effect, i then put points in gradually and used different quality tools and TL tools)

TL of tool matters not (once its higher than the item) neither does the quality.

and the best loadout for a capped constructor (barring mc5 chips) is CST3 Special forces Special Science and CST2 or motoric3. and either advanced nerves or dex booster, then smart cyber eye.
in all you should have +15-20 to int and +10-20 dex.

the extra dex/int for ss and sf give better cst boost than a cst1 chip.

also casting boost on yourself does not alter slots at all. if it appears it does your just making something to blame for less slots.

Kaden
09-09-03, 00:51
So, should I be, with 156 const, 96 int and 104 dex be getting 0 slotters everytime??

Jaggeh
09-09-03, 00:57
it really depends on what you build, and how many you build

if you build 1 item at a time and get mostly 0 slots then you dont notice the good ones.

you must be bugged if you never slot a weapon with that skill tho

Disturbed021
09-09-03, 01:01
I always batch build at least 20-25 of a weapon and I usually get at least 1 3 slotter in that batch. I only have like 80 Int 95 Dex and 145 Cst so maybe you aren't making enough at a time?

Kaden
09-09-03, 05:07
ok today, I made a batch of 10 Tangent Mini Rocket launchers, and all 10 came out no slotted. I mean, how bad is that. I'm not sure if its just me, or its a bug or what.

KidWithStick
09-09-03, 06:13
alrighty then...here we go again.

let me start off by saying rares and non rares are TOTALLY different when constructing.

with rares the highest TL of CST helps, and INT and DEX play a role in it too...

non rares is a little different.

say a tl 150 cst'er with 100 dex and 100 int builds a TPC.

he will MOST LIKELY (unless really unlucky) get more slots than a

tl 250 cst'er with 100 int and 100 dex.

ericdraven
09-09-03, 10:11
Originally posted by KidWithStick
alrighty then...here we go again.

Yes, here we go again.
The slots are RANDOM and the chance depends ONLY on the final quality of the item (for non rare items).

JustIn_Case
09-09-03, 10:54
Yes they are random. but......

I have managed to build some 4 and 5 slotted items, all of them has been built when i forgot that my CST implants where in the gogo and i had my combat implants in. Guess it was just coincedens (spelling?).

ericdraven
09-09-03, 11:47
Originally posted by JustIn_Case
Yes they are random. but......

I have managed to build some 4 and 5 slotted items, all of them has been built when i forgot that my CST implants where in the gogo and i had my combat implants in. Guess it was just coincedens (spelling?).

Unless you did not build at least 1000 items it won't be enough to judge anything.

/EDIT: Once i built a five slotter in the second attempt. Does it mean that every second item i build will have 5 slots? No. I lost this 5 slotter due a sync bug and had to build it ~250 times again until i get the next 5 slotter.

Tia
10-09-03, 16:51
http://www.croncom.com/regbuild.html

;)