PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Armor?

VetteroX
08-09-03, 17:48
What would you guys think of custom made armor? Heres my idea: Have it based on armor we have now, psi armor, battle, durant, duranium etc. You could get a BP of the armor, and then a constructor could set a certain TL as told by the customer, and make a new copy. Example, say a spy wanted durant 1, but he cant get the full set which reqires 49 st. He could get bps of the pants, vest, and helm. The constructor would set the tl at 40 (40 st) at make it. Now, with the lower TL, it wouldt be quite as good... maybe 7 energy resit on each piece instead of 9 or 10. Same example, maybe a pe could get a bp of the tl 32 psi boots, and have the constructor set them to tl 40 so he could use them with desterole forte. The result might be 9 fire 9 xray, 16 energy 4 force 4 pierece, instead of 7 7 14 3 3.

The tool required to do this would be very expenisve, and a high construction skill would be needed to achieve this.

I think this would be fun for players and constructors, and also break the cookie cutter effect, ex, no more "oh i have to be 66 int" for pes, or a tank getting his best armor at st 90.

Itth
08-09-03, 17:51
lol that would be cool

Scikar
08-09-03, 17:52
And also a tank could get all of his armor built to TL122 and have a massive amount of armor?

Itth
08-09-03, 17:53
Originally posted by Scikar
And also a tank could get all of his armor built to TL122 and have a massive amount of armor?

and the psis too :) (maybe spies cmon kk cmon :P)

edit: rofl poort PE suckers :P
edit2: nm lol, atm both PEs and spies are suckers.
edit3. no spies could use belts

Duder
08-09-03, 17:54
Originally posted by Scikar

heh think also about PSIs (Int Belts and Armor), and Spies (Belts).

Sleawer
08-09-03, 18:45
That's a damn good idea Vet, I like it.
Maybe a poll would have been a good option in this thread.

Definety this would add a lot of variety and new posibilities to player setups. KK, I am sure spies would love you for this, and PE's aswell.

Clyde
08-09-03, 18:47
it wouldnt really help the cookie cutter effect, only delay it. no matter what, the best is the best and everyone wants the be that. I do like the idea tho. but i also felt what others said about other classes.

Beefheart
08-09-03, 19:57
Someone else suggested the same thing a few days ago and I think it would be a good idea (but it would be borrowing heavily from the const system already in place in another game) Armors could be made using various combinations of items and could also emerge with a unique color scheme as well.

example:
When I first started to play beta I'd heard rumors about the viper king armor, it was so early in the game no one had seen one yet. The rumor yet was that it wasn't a drop as a whole but instead had to be made. Supposedly you had to combine an existing armor piece with a few blue, brown and viper king glands (remember how rare brown glands were?)

I liked the idea that the armor had to be made, and was disappointed to find it dropped as a whole. I think const made specialty armors are a fine idea.

Sleawer
08-09-03, 23:27
Actually that's one thing that I would like to see in rares; i.e. fire mobs dropping some kind of substances to mix (recycle skill, or a new subskill "alchemy") and create fire mods for weapons, inq armors, or fire spells. The same could be done with energy (worm tunnels), poison (graves, sandworms, swamps) and x-ray mobs (warbots, DoY bots, etc..).

The techs for mechanic weaponry (rifles, cannons, pistols, etc..) could be dropped from mech mobs.

This would add a lot of sense to the craftmanship, and constructors, recyclers and scientists, working in new technologies from original components... and would lighten a bit the rare pool, specially in spells.

SovKhan
08-09-03, 23:31
yah take the tl 75-76 psi armor that has all the nice for and prc dmg on it, and have it made at TL 115. i like the sigestions that people have been coming up with lately. =)

Thundra
08-09-03, 23:32
this game has always need the ability to make and mod ya own armour . i think at one point they were considering it in beta i cant remember but it may have beena diff game. still no time like the present ay KK let us make our armour .

Breschau
08-09-03, 23:40
And while I dislike the slot system in principle, how about slotted armour with mods to affect resists (maybe weight too).

Could even make it the default (rather than a bonus like it is with weapons) - that would be *how* you decide what the armour protects against in the first place. Higher TL armour would have more base slots. Higher construct skill might give chance of bonus slots.

Tbh, thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd like my own idea. But my experience suggests others would - adds to the stats timesink that seems to be pretty popular (it's all many players spend their time on on the MUD I used to play - spending hours trying to get those extra 2 points of armour on their helmet or whatever).

Opiate
08-09-03, 23:48
Even though this idea would probably mean a complete new build of NC from scratch...I like it a lot :)

Originally posted by Beefheart
When I first started to play beta I'd heard rumors about the viper king armor, it was so early in the game no one had seen one yet. The rumor yet was that it wasn't a drop as a whole but instead had to be made. Supposedly you had to combine an existing armor piece with a few blue, brown and viper king glands (remember how rare brown glands were?)

I remember hearing the exact same rumour (god knows why I can remember that *G*), it sounded so cool. Finding it as a complete drop was a bit of a dissappointment :(